Brazil v Argentina

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11052 times
Has Liked: 5659 times

Brazil v Argentina

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:46 am

if any of you are awake, Copa America Semi-final is on now - amazing to see the Brazilan and Argentinian fans completely mixed in the stadium with zero segregation !!

Vegas Claret

Re: Brazil v Argentina

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:49 am

and 1-0 Brazil, Jesus

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:59 am

2-0, good game but Brazil a class above Argentina, best player on planet earth can't do it on his own

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4842 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:12 am

I thought Ashley Barnes was Austrian, not Argentinian??
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank Vegas Claret

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10254 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:21 am

You sound surprised, Vegas.

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:56 am

Messi has always flattered to deceive in an Argentina shirt

Goobs
Been Liked: 1467 times
Has Liked: 997 times

Post by Goobs » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:03 am

Vegas Claret wrote:2-0, good game but Brazil a class above Argentina, best player on planet earth can't do it on his own
He can and he has done, Hence Portugal winning the Euros and the Nations League ;)
This user liked this post: Falcon

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:25 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:You sound surprised, Vegas.
not remotely in terms of what happened on the pitch, the supporters standing alongside each other with seemingly no issues was refreshing !

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:38 pm

Brazil have a great record when this tournament has been played in their own backyard, in fact I think they have won it every time it's been played there. Chile v Peru tonight. Despite under-performing in world cups Chile are actually not too bad at this, being current champions and having won the one before that as well. They weren't expected to do so well this time as their squad is getting on a bit but I think they will have too much for Peru and then it's anyone's game in the final. Brazil have actually been pretty poor so far having been boo'd off the pitch twice.

I love this tournament but my viewing has been limited because of bloody Premier Sport having sole rights. The joint second biggest football tournament in the world has largely gone unnoticed due to dreadful decisions made in boardrooms. Instead we've had the Women's World Cup and latterly the African Nations. I've always found it strange that it is easier here to see games from the pretty poor Dutch and French leagues but games from the leagues of some of the biggest footballing nations on earth are like rocking horse droppings.

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 7571 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:44 pm

[

I love this tournament but my viewing has been limited because of bloody Premier Sport having sole rights. The joint second biggest football tournament in the world has largely gone unnoticed due to dreadful decisions made in boardrooms. Instead we've had the Women's World Cup and latterly the African Nations. I've always found it strange that it is easier here to see games from the pretty poor Dutch and French leagues but games from the leagues of some of the biggest footballing nations on earth are like rocking horse droppings.

https://navixsport.en.softonic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have watched any I wanted to on this app. Including last night's. Easy to use and, reliable. And free.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:34 pm

Buxtonclaret wrote:[

https://navixsport.en.softonic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have watched any I wanted to on this app. Including last night's. Easy to use and, reliable. And free.
Cheers mate, I'll have a look when I get home. Might get to see the last two games. The viewing times are good too because my wife hates football so when I do watch South American games she's usually in bed. :lol:

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:18 pm

houseboy wrote:Brazil have a great record when this tournament has been played in their own backyard, in fact I think they have won it every time it's been played there. Chile v Peru tonight. Despite under-performing in world cups Chile are actually not too bad at this, being current champions and having won the one before that as well. They weren't expected to do so well this time as their squad is getting on a bit but I think they will have too much for Peru and then it's anyone's game in the final. Brazil have actually been pretty poor so far having been boo'd off the pitch twice.

I've been over in the US so watched a lot of the early stages of this tournament and the standard of football was pretty poor. I assume it's picked up in the latter stages but it's not one I'd watch at length again.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:16 pm

aggi wrote:I've been over in the US so watched a lot of the early stages of this tournament and the standard of football was pretty poor. I assume it's picked up in the latter stages but it's not one I'd watch at length again.
Oddly I read recently that the major teams tend to use it as a warm up for the World Cup qualifiers which is a marathon affair in South America. They don't attach as much importance to it as we do with the Euros, which may explain why Chile have won the last two and Peru (now in the final) have also won it in the past. The general standard of football in South America (leagues that is) is excellent, I actiaully prefer it to ours.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 2633 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:24 pm

This could prove to be an interesting development!
https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/sta ... 47840?s=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;