ARTICLE: Eleven new scholars sign in for new season

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32528 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

ARTICLE: Eleven new scholars sign in for new season

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:45 pm

Second attempt at getting this article online

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/eleven-new- ... new-season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2173 times
Has Liked: 3108 times

Re: ARTICLE: Eleven new scholars sign in for new season

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:59 pm

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 511 times
Has Liked: 1062 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:20 pm

I take it Tremaine is a tricky winger rather than a keeper or centre-back.

OssyClaret
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by OssyClaret » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:38 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:I take it Tremaine is a tricky winger rather than a keeper or centre-back.
Not the biggest lad at the moment is he. Looks quite a bit younger than the others. Still plenty of time though.

Why no picture of Lewis Richardson?

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6384 times
Has Liked: 8727 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:27 pm

Good luck young men. Work hard.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:06 pm

IanMcL wrote:Good luck young men. Work hard.
and enjoy it.

On the flip side, apart from Joel Senior no news of anybody "new" to the club and no next level players bought to fuel our aspirations or increase our viable "in house" options should we experience relegation.

More worryingly are the public requests from the development managers ( sorry head coaches ) that haven't been acted upon so far.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/new ... g-leaders/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/s ... oan-moves/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/f ... n-16484695" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No new leaders have arrived and it is hard to see how we can send out more players on loan when we have just released so many players. Without any quality new additions to the U23 squad, and plenty of suitable players are available in the market at the moment on free transfers or for small fees, it is difficult to see how we can increase our loans without compromising the competitiveness of our U23 squad.

These are things that the knowledgeable guys in the trenches are asking for and as far as I can see their reasonable requests are being ignored. If they were asking for a fortune to be spent or they were making unrealistic demands I could countenance a refusal to act. However, they aren't asking for the earth they are simply asking for a couple things that they believe will help their squads and the club going forward.

In terms of having an overall strategy, at this point in the window, it all looks a little clumsy and ill conceived. More worryingly is the potential risk to players we run by asking them to step up earlier than we might have been planning to do.

Last contract players arriving at the club ( for one reason or another ) rising staff levels, a youth cull, the reasonable requests and input of development managers ( sorry head coaches ) seemingly being ignored and flip charts taking precedence over football experience and knowledge ( not to mention good old fashioned common sense and strategic nous ).

It has all the hallmarks of a sit back and see philosophy, inactivity instead of pro-activity.

Effort is obviously being applied to tick the administrative EPPP check boxes, but we don't seem to be putting anything in place to really move us forward over the short term. It is all beginning to look a lot like QPR, albeit watered down in the absence of a lesser power base from which to apply all the bully boy tactics that allegedly had such a devastating impact on their development set up.

I happened upon this recently and I thought it was an interesting read. Reflections and observations from Tony McCool on his time with QPR as a development squad coach, during the time of Rigg and the rest of the Mark Hughes travelling circus were present.

http://tonymccool.blogspot.com/2014/10/ ... in-my.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Supported by a little twitter feed contribution from our old mate Joey B

https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/ ... 9590448128" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even if we take into account the potential for any "sour grapes" bias ( although McCool seems like a genuine bloke ) it is very grim reading. The things that really stood out for me where the references to deceitful under hand tactics, general incompetence and worst of all the disrespectful treatment of others.

LlandennyClaret
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by LlandennyClaret » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:46 pm

That Tony McCool blog doesn't show Rigg in a nice light at all. Two sides to every story and all that, but still...

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6384 times
Has Liked: 8727 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:03 pm

Whatever has Burnley done, to hire this Rigg?
Looks like he talked himself up and some mug believed him!

One window should be enough to get shot.