CURRENT First Team Squad

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Post Reply
FCBurnley
Posts: 3282
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 396 times

CURRENT First Team Squad

Post by FCBurnley » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:34 pm

Obviously early days but this is what we currently have to choose from ( by position)

GK Heaton, Pope
RB Bardsley Lowton
CB Tarks Mee Long Dunne ( Gibson ? )
LB Taylor
RM Gudmundsson Hendrick
CM Cork Westwood Defour
LM McNeil Lennon Brady
ST Wood Barnes Vydra ( Wells ? Crouch? )

Obviously need LB and CM and ST. Maybe need RM and CB. Would assume Gibson Wells and Crouch will be gone pre season. Maybe Vydra and Heaton.

Going to be an interesting few weeks

theroyaldyche
Posts: 2681
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 pm
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Re: CURRENT First Team Squad

Post by theroyaldyche » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:39 pm

Pope to start matchday 1

andyh
Posts: 674
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:27 am
Been Liked: 247 times
Has Liked: 76 times

Re: CURRENT First Team Squad

Post by andyh » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:42 pm

If I remember correctly Robbie Brady and Bardsley have both played LB. Also has Hart left?

SGr
Posts: 3430
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 pm
Been Liked: 811 times
Has Liked: 284 times

Re: CURRENT First Team Squad

Post by SGr » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:46 pm

Defensive mid needed.

AndyClaret
Posts: 1254
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:08 pm
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 541 times

Re: CURRENT First Team Squad

Post by AndyClaret » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:49 pm

FCBurnley wrote:Obviously early days but this is what we currently have to choose from ( by position)

GK Heaton, Pope
RB Bardsley Lowton
CB Tarks Mee Long Dunne ( Gibson ? )
LB Taylor
RM Gudmundsson Hendrick
CM Cork Westwood Defour
LM McNeil Lennon Brady
ST Wood Barnes Vydra ( Wells ? Crouch? )

Obviously need LB and CM and ST. Maybe need RM and CB. Would assume Gibson Wells and Crouch will be gone pre season. Maybe Vydra and Heaton.

Going to be an interesting few weeks
Hendrick is a CM, and Lennon is a RM.

GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 3538
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 680 times
Has Liked: 1502 times

Re: CURRENT First Team Squad

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:51 pm

Why have you put Gibson in brackets and not Dunne?

Hendrick is a CM primarily, who can play in more than one position.
You'll get crucified on here if you don't put him in what people consider the right position when talking about him :roll: :lol:

I'd hope it was time for Lennon to move on, but I'm not holding much hope.
This user liked this post: Spike

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 16483
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 6432 times
Has Liked: 9141 times

Re: CURRENT First Team Squad

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:58 pm

Id hope we start the season with three new first teamers. But its incredibly unlikely we will start september with any more than 3 new additions tbh.

Frustrating but pointless worrying.

Hibsclaret
Posts: 1882
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:00 pm
Been Liked: 528 times
Has Liked: 329 times

Re: CURRENT First Team Squad

Post by Hibsclaret » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:06 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Why have you put Gibson in brackets and not Dunne?

Hendrick is a CM primarily, who can play in more than one position.
You'll get crucified on here if you don't put him in what people consider the right position when talking about him :roll: :lol:

I'd hope it was time for Lennon to move on, but I'm not holding much hope.
Looks like he’s already moved to left midfield..
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

FCBurnley
Posts: 3282
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 396 times

Re: CURRENT First Team Squad

Post by FCBurnley » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:19 pm

AndyClaret wrote:Hendrick is a CM, and Lennon is a RM.
Hendrick played RM and CM last season and its that long since Lennon played I have forgotten where he plays !!! but you are right RM

FCBurnley
Posts: 3282
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:56 pm
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 396 times

Re: CURRENT First Team Squad

Post by FCBurnley » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:25 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Why have you put Gibson in brackets and not Dunne?

Hendrick is a CM primarily, who can play in more than one position.
You'll get crucified on here if you don't put him in what people consider the right position when talking about him :roll: :lol:

I'd hope it was time for Lennon to move on, but I'm not holding much hope.
Agree about Hendrick and Lennon !!
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

Texanclaret16
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:34 pm
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Re: CURRENT First Team Squad

Post by Texanclaret16 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:50 pm

OMG such a poor OP on what could have been a great thread..... boredom has really set into our early season....

How about what would everyone’s first XI and back ups be.......

And what would we like to see

mdd2
Posts: 3590
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1082 times
Has Liked: 479 times

Re: CURRENT First Team Squad

Post by mdd2 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:35 pm

As named in the original post that leaves two incoming to get a squad of 25 as we have 3 keepers and McNeill wont count but I think Dunne would.

Stalbansclaret
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:21 am
Been Liked: 785 times
Has Liked: 999 times

Re: CURRENT First Team Squad

Post by Stalbansclaret » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:38 pm

Texanclaret16 wrote:OMG such a poor OP on what could have been a great thread..... boredom has really set into our early season....

How about what would everyone’s first XI and back ups be.......

And what would we like to see

Thought it was a good and worthwhile OP to summarise where we are in a clear way. Plenty of threads full of peoples' want-lists, frustrations and speculations.

Post Reply