Defour injured again?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Re: Defour injured again?

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:15 pm

Safron wrote:Anyway Westwood more than stepped up to the mark in defours absence ,it is no bigy
Of course it's a biggy, he can't do it on his own, and we have no one good enough to compliment him.
No disrespect to Jay or Pieters, but the key to having a good season for us is a fit Defour, or a bloody good replacement. As it looks as though he is obviously injured still, our hopes are hanging on a thread.
Hopefully there is plenty of time in the window to sort it, and the relative bargains we got with Pieters and Jay, and maybe even the sale of a keeper, means there has to be money available to find the right player.
This user liked this post: summitclaret

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1754 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:17 pm

On the 14th June I predicted the following....

He will not report back for pre season training.
He will miss all our pre season friendlies
He may be able to start training after the season starts, so will miss our first few games
He will eventually make a couple of appearances from the bench late Sep/Oct time
He will start a couple of games, be off the pace and be subbed at half time
He will manage one game where he lasts beyond the hour mark and will then pick up a knock
He will be injured over Xmas and New Year
We may get a couple of cameos from him in Feb March which will lead to another injury.
You could add "again" to the end of all the above and it will fit into a number of his previous seasons with us.

That will be the last we will see of him in a Burnley shirt

Many people on here will describe him as the best player they have ever seen in a Burnley shirt

He will sail off to Belgium and retire having pocketed the best part of £8m in wages during his time with us.

Happy to be proved wrong on this one come May 2020 when he has been an ever present in the Premier League, secured a 5th consecutive season in the to flight and enjoyed his farewell performance in the FA Cup final at Wembley.....

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8431 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:I scanned all the videos of the lads in Portugal, every group of them running or kicking the ball about, and Defour is missing.
I'd be gobsmacked if he isn't injured, but as usual the club don't like talking about injuries.
It just emphasises the need for a really good reliable centre midfielder. If he still isn't fit after all the time he has had out, I can't see him coming back now. :(
"Day 2 Jay Rod joins the lads" video on Clarets player...

Steven Defour clearly in 7 or 8 shots ffs... he has had his head shaved you know lol...

Also on the gallery shots on the website..
Small.jpeg
Small.jpeg (36.41 KiB) Viewed 2739 times

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:34 pm

Bosscat wrote:"Day 2 Jay Rod joins the lads" video on Clarets player...

Steven Defour clearly in 7 or 8 shots ffs... he has had his head shaved you know lol...

Also on the gallery shots on the website..
Small.jpeg
He is in several shots, but none of him actually working. There are loads of the players jogging on mass, playing tap and go, head tennis, he isn't in any of them. He's obviously there, but it doesn't look like he's training with the rest of the lads. It might be coincidence, but I doubt it. Still you can always have a look yourself and prove me wrong.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2561 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:39 pm

Herts Clarets wrote:On the 14th June I predicted the following....

He may be able to start training after the season starts, so will miss our first few games
He will eventually make a couple of appearances from the bench late Sep/Oct time
He will manage one game where he lasts beyond the hour mark and will then pick up a knock
We may get a couple of cameos from him in Feb March which will lead to another injury.
You could add "again" to the end of all the above and it will fit into a number of his previous seasons with us.

Many people on here will describe him as the best player they have ever seen in a Burnley shirt

He will sail off to Belgium and retire having pocketed the best part of £8m in wages during his time with us.

Happy to be proved wrong on this one come May 2020 when he has been an ever present in the Premier League, secured a 5th consecutive season in the to flight and enjoyed his farewell performance in the FA Cup final at Wembley.....
You've already been proven wrong on the first one.
These 2 users liked this post: Hibsclaret DCWat

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:55 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:He is in several shots, but none of him actually working. There are loads of the players jogging on mass, playing tap and go, head tennis, he isn't in any of them. He's obviously there, but it doesn't look like he's training with the rest of the lads. It might be coincidence, but I doubt it. Still you can always have a look yourself and prove me wrong.
There are loads of the lads not shown training, head tennis, jogging etc.... I suppose they are all injured too....

You said he wasn't in any pictures or videos .... I was just stating he was :lol: :lol: :lol:

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:07 pm

This bloke has been such a let down on so many occasions, the sooner we can get shut the better for me, providing that we can get all or at least something back.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1234 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:11 pm

Herts Clarets wrote:On the 14th June I predicted the following....

As much as you may well be right with some of this, there is no doubt that a player of that quality would be playing in a top 6 team if he didn’t have injury problems. You could also argue that we may have been that top 6 team without him and Brady being injured at the crucial stage of the season where we finished 7th.

You have to take the odd risk to move to the next level and Defour, when fit, proved he could help us do that. It is laughable on here with the people moaning about safe signings all the time are the ones criticising for the odd risk signing. In life you have to risk to progress and this is pretty much what we did.

I have no doubt that the great man would have shown him the door before now if he was as you imply. He has chosen for him to stick around because he knows how good he can be. Nobody else in our squad is capable of the standard of goals he has scored (albeit not enough) and nobody in our midfield makes the game look as easy as he does, which is the sign of a great player.

It could have worked out better with Defour but I suspect many of us would not have memories of Istanbul, Athens or Aberdeen had he never arrived. It’s also a bit rich criticising the wages aspect when just some of those extra places actually paid for them.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Bosscat wrote:There are loads of the lads not shown training, head tennis, jogging etc.... I suppose they are all injured too....

You said he wasn't in any pictures or videos .... I was just stating he was :lol: :lol: :lol:
What I said was that in every video of them running or passing he was missing, and he is. You should read things properly before you jump to conclusions.

Longsider
Been Liked: 761 times
Has Liked: 722 times

Post by Longsider » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:42 pm

If he's injured again I think we might need to re think his song.

" We've got Defour, sick note Defour
I just don't think you understand.
Sean Dyche's man, sicker than my nan
We've got sick note Defour."
This user liked this post: Steddyman

Herts Clarets

Post by Herts Clarets » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Tall Paul wrote:You've already been proven wrong on the first one.
I have in as much as he had turned up. Not much training going from him though is there?

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:42 pm

Silly and disrespectful thread.

He is well and will storm the prem
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat evensteadiereddie Im_not_Robbie_Blake

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:44 pm

Herts Clarets wrote:I have in as much as he had turned up. Not much training going from him though is there?
I don't know, I'm not there. I doubt you are either.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:48 pm

Still not fully fit suffering with setbacks from his surgery still...its was posted on Twitter

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Sheedyclaret wrote:Still not fully fit suffering with setbacks from his surgery still...its was posted on Twitter
Link? Its not on Stevens Twitter pages :roll:

gsyclaret
Been Liked: 163 times

Post by gsyclaret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Sheedyclaret wrote:Still not fully fit suffering with setbacks from his surgery still...its was posted on Twitter
Never believe a post with the last sentence [its was] he will be firing for us this season, I have every confidence in him, fantastic footballer.

Sheedyclaret

Post by Sheedyclaret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:18 pm

Not sure how to post screenshots on here but the information is on Twitter on Chris boden account which he relays someones words from club ..

Herts Clarets

Post by Herts Clarets » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:20 pm

https://twitter.com/bodenknights/status ... 83936?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Herts Clarets

Post by Herts Clarets » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:26 pm

Tall Paul wrote:I don't know, I'm not there. I doubt you are either.
I wasn't at Old Trafford when he scored that free kick either. Doesn't mean it didn't happen does it. I read reports from people closer to the action than I am. Or in this case inaction.

Croydon Claret
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by Croydon Claret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:28 pm

Herts Clarets wrote:I wasn't at Old Trafford when he scored that free kick either. Doesn't mean it didn't happen does it. I read reports from people closer to the action than I am. Or in this case inaction.
I'd say that your acca is still on.

There's a big difference between reporting for training and being present where training is taking place

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:36 pm

Herts Clarets wrote:I wasn't at Old Trafford when he scored that free kick either. Doesn't mean it didn't happen does it. I read reports from people closer to the action than I am. Or in this case inaction.
That tweet clearly says he's returned to training.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3139 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Croydon Claret wrote:I'd say that your acca is still on.

There's a big difference between reporting for training and being present where training is taking place
And there's a big difference between "injured again" and "not fully recovered from surgery"

Croydon Claret
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by Croydon Claret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:39 pm

boatshed bill wrote:And there's a big difference between "injured again" and "not fully recovered from surgery"
Good job I didn't make the comparison then

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:46 pm

Croydon Claret wrote:Good job I didn't make the comparison then
There's the inevitable drama queenery. SD says Defour is not fully recovered and it's turned into something that (if you believe the manager) is not the case.

Sheedyclaret

Post by Sheedyclaret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:47 pm

It says hes not fully recovered from surgery and they are being careful with him which ever way you dress it up hes not fit to play or train with the group..

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Sheedyclaret wrote:It says hes not fully recovered from surgery and they are being careful with him which ever way you dress it up hes not fit to play or train with the group..
But he's not "injured again" as the thread title implies.

Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:02 pm

Heaton being sold to Villa - fake news
Defour injured again? - fake news

and lots more.

This messageboard is getting silly!
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat IanMcL clarethomer