Vydra exit now inevitable?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11048 times
Has Liked: 5657 times

Re: Vydra exit now inevitable?

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:13 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:Agreed. Nahki has made his thoughts and aspirations regarding his future at Burnley very clear.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/fo ... e-16523375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whether he spends the coming season competing for a spot on the bench as our fifth option or out on loan I would say that he is very unlikely to sign a new contract with us. That means he will probably leave on a free transfer at the end of the season

The net result is that if we don't move him on in this window we will lose out on getting any money for him and he could be set for a miserable season if a loan doesn't materialise.

What is he worth in today's market, 5-6m ?

At the start of the window, probably, but it might be a lot less after the arrival of Jay. Every other club will be aware of the situation which could affect what they are willing to pay us now.
we've wasted an awful lot of money over the years trying to buy cheap strikers to fill a gap in the squad

NL Claret
Been Liked: 524 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:22 pm

Do ings, vokes and Barnes come into your category?

Then again due to success of Gray and Wood (the big money signings) and the above the chances for the 3rd / 4th choice signings to get a look in reduces.

If someone is scoring regular, then someone else is on the bench.

We have had 5 awfully successful seasons in the last 6 you know.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Seeing as he was the leagues top scorer the season before last I am amazed that a club from the Championship have not come in for him this close season.

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2599 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:46 pm

Don’t rip the posters down yet Dan...... it might still happen.

Actually, forget that, get them
Posters taken down

LaLigaClaret
Been Liked: 191 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by LaLigaClaret » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:45 pm

Either sell Wells and keep Vydra or sell both and go for Maupay but in either situation ditch the Crouch idea.

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 588 times

Post by rob63 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:58 pm

northernpowerhouse wrote:Going off past form Dyche will give Vydra a chance and stick Jay on the bench until he gets up to speed.
It'd be interesting to see Barnes & Wood subbed by Vydra & J-Rod with 20 minutes to go in a match we're drawing, not sure the opposition (Arsenal/Chelsea, preferably) will have planned for that after the rough n tumble from the previous 70 minutes. :)

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 588 times

Post by rob63 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:07 am

Long Time Lurker wrote:Agreed. Nahki has made his thoughts and aspirations regarding his future at Burnley very clear.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/fo ... e-16523375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whether he spends the coming season competing for a spot on the bench as our fifth option or out on loan I would say that he is very unlikely to sign a new contract with us. That means he will probably leave on a free transfer at the end of the season

The net result is that if we don't move him on in this window we will lose out on getting any money for him and he could be set for a miserable season if a loan doesn't materialise.

What is he worth in today's market, 5-6m ?

At the start of the window, probably, but it might be a lot less after the arrival of Jay. Every other club will be aware of the situation which could affect what they are willing to pay us now.
If we get £3m for him it'll be a bonus, more likely to be £1.5m tho

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2170 times
Has Liked: 3106 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:10 am

dandeclaret wrote:Don’t rip the posters down yet Dan...... it might still happen.

Actually, forget that, get them
Posters taken down
LOl im not obsessed, just he crops up in conversation more here than over there i'd imagine so he's just more prominent in my mind i guess

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 781 times
Has Liked: 1435 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:01 am

Fingers crossed

houseboy
Been Liked: 2239 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:40 am

Bosscat wrote:I knew what you meant house m8 ;)
Aah Boss, a man of your outstanding intellect knows all. I'll never forget us tying that idiot Keano (or whatever he calls himself these days) in knots on a daily basis. I kind of miss the banter with him but it was a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. I haven't visited that forum in probaly over a year, do you ever go back?

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:47 am

northernpowerhouse wrote:Going off past form Dyche will give Vydra a chance and stick Jay on the bench until he gets up to speed.
Now that would be a damn good idea.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8515 times
Has Liked: 18257 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:57 am

houseboy wrote:Aah Boss, a man of your outstanding intellect knows all. I'll never forget us tying that idiot Keano (or whatever he calls himself these days) in knots on a daily basis
Occasionally I go back (I got banned for complaining to the LT about allowing the incestuous garbage from the Troll) but have a different name on there {Deleted} < is my LT handle.... my Bosscat handle got deleted by the LT (see what I did there :lol:) for having a go at the LT....

There is a particular Troll that keeps quoting lies and garbage (from Rimjobs Blackburn Rovers "Cradle of Football" website) that gets banned on a weekly basis for disgusting references from Incest to Paedophilia... yet keeps creating new emails and log-ins and returning.

Gordaleman (now Gordaleman2 due to a similar ban to mine) still goes on ... but its a wasteland no banter, no chat, no people.... Robs gone, McC has gone, Dublin has gone all fed up with the Blackburnegraph allowing the Trolls to post what they like.....

Gordale has reported one to the police and they are under investigation.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:55 pm

Bosscat wrote:Occasionally I go back (I got banned for complaining to the LT about allowing the incestuous garbage from the Troll) but have a different name on there {Deleted} < is my LT handle.... my Bosscat handle got deleted by the LT (see what I did there :lol:) for having a go at the LT....

There is a particular Troll that keeps quoting lies and garbage (from Rimjobs Blackburn Rovers "Cradle of Football" website) that gets banned on a weekly basis for disgusting references from Incest to Paedophilia... yet keeps creating new emails and log-ins and returning.

Gordaleman (now Gordaleman2 due to a similar ban to mine) still goes on ... but its a wasteland no banter, no chat, no people.... Robs gone, McC has gone, Dublin has gone all fed up with the Blackburnegraph allowing the Trolls to post what they like.....

Gordale has reported one to the police and they are under investigation.
That's all sad to hear mate. It was fun while it lasted but the idiot troll (who I suspect is the one you are on about who gets banned) was always on an agenda to run it down and despite efforts by a few of us to starve it to death it was all doomed to failure. Does Johnclaret still go on? I often wondered, after I e-mailed them to ask, why they couldn't (or wouldn't) ban IP addresses. You could say what the hell you liked, get banned and just create a new log-in - utter madness for any alleged forum. Still, what can you expect from a Blackburn based supposed newspaper?

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8515 times
Has Liked: 18257 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:28 pm

houseboy wrote:That's all sad to hear mate. It was fun while it lasted but the idiot troll (who I suspect is the one you are on about who gets banned) was always on an agenda to run it down and despite efforts by a few of us to starve it to death it was all doomed to failure. Does Johnclaret still go on? I often wondered, after I e-mailed them to ask, why they couldn't (or wouldn't) ban IP addresses. You could say what the hell you liked, get banned and just create a new log-in - utter madness for any alleged forum. Still, what can you expect from a Blackburn based supposed newspaper?
JC is on his umpteenth name since you were last there too House m8 .... He keeps getting banned for Trolling the Rovers page. The Rovers Trolls still use him as an excuse for their vitriol and bile...