England World Cup Victories

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Post Reply
TheFamilyCat
Posts: 5097
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 2715 times
Has Liked: 76 times

England World Cup Victories

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:37 pm

If our cricketers win on Sunday, which teams will they be joining as English World Cup winners?

Off top of my head I can think of:
Football 1966, obviously
Rugby Union 2003
2020 cricket 2010
Women’s cricket 2009 & 2017

I’m sure there must be loads more

Goobs
Posts: 2967
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:43 am
Been Liked: 1023 times
Has Liked: 692 times
Location: Burnley

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Goobs » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:41 pm

Depends what sports you want to look at and what you class as world cup winners. We have had many world champions in all sorts of sports (far too many to begin to even try and name).

Are you just classing team sports where there is a competition named "the world cup"?

TheFamilyCat
Posts: 5097
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 2715 times
Has Liked: 76 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:45 pm

I was just thinking of team sports (as you say, there would be many individuals especially in sports like athletics).

I don’t think the competition has to be called the World Cup but should be recognised as the primary competition in the sport.

mdd2
Posts: 3590
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1082 times
Has Liked: 479 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by mdd2 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:03 pm

What about our young England footballers-was it in 2018 or 2017 we were under 17 and under 20 years winners?

Suratclaret
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:27 am
Been Liked: 168 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Suratclaret » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:07 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:I was just thinking of team sports (as you say, there would be many individuals especially in sports like athletics).

I don’t think the competition has to be called the World Cup but should be recognised as the primary competition in the sport.
Could the Davis Cup be classed as the World Cup of tennis? I know it wasn't England but quite an achievement.

NottsClaret
Posts: 1873
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:05 am
Been Liked: 1588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:07 pm

There's only football, cricket and rugby (at a push) that count. Anything else is just something you do in PE or on sports day.

Spijed
Posts: 10247
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 1814 times
Has Liked: 817 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Spijed » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:14 pm

NottsClaret wrote:There's only football, cricket and rugby (at a push) that count. Anything else is just something you do in PE or on sports day.
And rugby union is generally just a bunch of hungover fat blokes chasing and carrying an egg shaped ball around a pitch.

MACCA
Posts: 10760
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 2734 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by MACCA » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:20 pm

World cup of darts included?
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

houseboy
Posts: 4269
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1280 times
Has Liked: 1026 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by houseboy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:42 pm

Did you know that American teams totally dominate the world series? ;)

Spijed
Posts: 10247
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 1814 times
Has Liked: 817 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Spijed » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:46 pm

houseboy wrote:Did you know that American teams totally dominate the world series? ;)
And apparently it's not called the "World Series" because of why everyone thinks it's called that.

houseboy
Posts: 4269
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1280 times
Has Liked: 1026 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by houseboy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Spijed wrote:And apparently it's not called the "World Series" because of why everyone thinks it's called that.
So are you going to keep me guessing? Why is it called that? I have often wondered.

Falcon
Posts: 2804
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:40 pm
Been Liked: 789 times
Has Liked: 769 times
Location: Proudsville

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Falcon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Team GB are pretty good at Olympic rowing and cycling team events...

Clarets4me
Posts: 2771
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:31 pm
Been Liked: 1355 times
Has Liked: 569 times
Location: Ightenhill,Burnley

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Clarets4me » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:00 pm

houseboy wrote:So are you going to keep me guessing? Why is it called that? I have often wondered.
The sponsor of the original play off series between the two divisions, was the " New York World " newspaper .... allegedly !
This user liked this post: Spijed

Rileybobs
Posts: 6209
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 2683 times
Has Liked: 610 times
Location: Leeds

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Clarets4me wrote:The sponsor of the original play off series between the two divisions, was the " New York World " newspaper .... allegedly !
Fake news.

Spijed
Posts: 10247
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 1814 times
Has Liked: 817 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Spijed » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:19 pm

The Origin of the Name 'the World Series'

For many years, it was believed that the name came from the fact that the original series was sponsored by the New York World Telegram newspaper, thus becoming known as the ‘World’s Series’. However, popular as this explanation may be, it’s not actually true and although the newspaper did report the results of the games, it had nothing to do with the naming of the competition.

The real reason behind the name is thanks to Barney Dreyfuss who was the owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates. In 1903, he wrote to the owner of the Boston Red Sox challenging them to a ‘World’s Championship Series’. The Pirates were the best team in the National League and the Red Sox were the best in the American League.

The games went ahead and Boston won the series five games to three. Over time, the 'World’s Championship Series' name has been shortened to the World Series and has been played every year apart from 1904 and 1994.

hampsteadclaret
Posts: 3240
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:25 am
Been Liked: 1110 times
Has Liked: 802 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by hampsteadclaret » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:36 am

Re the OP thread title and going with post 6..' There's only football, cricket and rugby (at a push) that count...'

- then it's worth pointing out that IF [not taking anything for granted] we win the cricket World Cup tomorrow, then we will be the only country to have won World Cups in football, rugby union and cricket..not a bad record that.

- in fact I can't see who else could ever match that..? Ever.

Brazil and Germany and Italy can play good football, but what else..? - the All Blacks yes and Australian cricket..

i reckon that France, South Africa and New Zealand could get two of those at some point and Australia already have.

We have done well in recent Olympic games and have pulled in plenty of trophies and titles in club football, golf, boxing, cycling, rugby league, swimming, rowing and several other sports.

I think we are a bit hard on ourselves sometimes in sport..the English [British?] are very good all rounders.

DCWat
Posts: 4278
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:04 am
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 1442 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by DCWat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:58 am

Of them all, is it fair to say there’s probably only football that could be classed as a ‘world’ game?

Spijed
Posts: 10247
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 1814 times
Has Liked: 817 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Spijed » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:12 am

DCWat wrote:Of them all, is it fair to say there’s probably only football that could be classed as a ‘world’ game?
Was going to say that too. Aside from the audience in India, the worldwide viewing figures for cricket are probably far smaller than compared to many other sports, such as the Tour De France, Superbowl etc. Even in this country people don't have anywhere near the same enthusiasm for the Cricket World cup in comparison to football.

TheFamilyCat
Posts: 5097
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 2715 times
Has Liked: 76 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:18 am

Spijed wrote:Was going to say that too. Aside from the audience in India, the worldwide viewing figures for cricket are probably far smaller than compared to many other sports, such as the Tour De France, Superbowl etc. Even in this country people don't have anywhere near the same enthusiasm for the Cricket World cup in comparison to football.
I suspect he meant global participation rather than viewing figures. Only ten teams in the cricket WC but at least, other than Afghanistan all have been competitive in tournaments over the years.

The RL WC doesn’t even have four teams equally good enough to make for competitive semi finals.

houseboy
Posts: 4269
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1280 times
Has Liked: 1026 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by houseboy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:37 pm

Clarets4me wrote:The sponsor of the original play off series between the two divisions, was the " New York World " newspaper .... allegedly !
Aah, so not quite thew arrogance that I thought, thanks for pointing that out mate.

Clarets4me
Posts: 2771
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:31 pm
Been Liked: 1355 times
Has Liked: 569 times
Location: Ightenhill,Burnley

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Clarets4me » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:44 pm

houseboy wrote:Aah, so not quite thew arrogance that I thought, thanks for pointing that out mate.
It's actually disputed, as another poster pointed out ... However, the USA did suffer a minor meltdown in 1992 & 1993, when the Toronto Blue Jays won back to back World Series ! ...

Jeremy_Bentham
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:40 pm
Been Liked: 161 times
Has Liked: 64 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Jeremy_Bentham » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:45 pm

MACCA wrote:World cup of darts included?
. has been over in Germany and seen England win the World Cup of Darts.

FactualFrank
Posts: 17072
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 4716 times
Has Liked: 8262 times
Location: Leeds

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:49 pm

. wrote:. has been over in Germany and seen England win the World Cup of Darts.
Who is Mr Full Stop?

Falcon
Posts: 2804
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:40 pm
Been Liked: 789 times
Has Liked: 769 times
Location: Proudsville

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Falcon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:27 pm

OK so I went on Wikipedia and found a list of sports that have a World Cup or equivalent for men's national teams.

So here we have it, a list of champions:

American Football
Japan, USA

Association Football
Brazil, Germany, Italy, Spain, England, France, Argentina, Uruguay

Australian Rules Football
Australia does not enter
New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Ireland

Bandy
Russia, Sweden, Finland

Baseball
USA, Japan, Dominican Republic

Basketball
USA, Yugoslavia, Russia (as Soviet Union), Brazil, Argentina, Spain

Beach Soccer
Brazil, Portugal, France, Russia

Beach Volleyball
Brazil, USA, Netherlands, Germany, Argentina, Russia

Canoe Polo
Netherlands, France, Australia, UK, Germany, Italy

Cricket
West Indies, Australia, India, England, Pakistan, Sri Lanka

Curling
Canada, USA, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway

Darts
England, Scotland, Netherlands

Field Hockey
Pakistan, Netherlands, Australia, Germany, India, Belgium

Fistball
Germany, Brazil, Austria, Switzerland

Floorball
Sweden, Finland

Futsal
Brazil, Spain, Argentina

Golf
USA, Australia, South Africa, Spain, England, Japan, Canada, Sweden, Ireland, Wales, Germany, Scotland, Argentina, Taiwan, Denmark, Italy, Belgium

Handball
France, Sweden, Romania, Germany, Russia, Spain, Croatia, Denmark, Czechoslovakia, Yogoslavia

Beach Handball
Brazil, Croatia, Egypt

Ice Hockey
Russia, Canada, Czech Republic, Sweden, Finland, USA, Great Britain, Slovakia

Inline Hockey
USA, Sweden, Finland, Canada, Czech Republic

Kabaddi
India

Lacrosse
USA, Canada

Indoor Lacrosse
Canada

Padel
Spain, Argentina

Pitch and Putt
Catalonia, Ireland

Polo
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, USA

Roller Hockey
Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Italy, England

Rugby League
Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain

Rugby Union
New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, England

Rugby Sevens
England, Fiji, New Zealand, Wales

Squash
Australia, Pakistan, England, Egypt, Great Britain

Tchoukball
Switzerland, France, Taiwan, Italy

Tennis
USA, Australia, Australasia, France, Great Britain, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Czech Republic, Russia, Croatia, Italy, Argentina, Switzerland, Serbia, South Africa

Volleyball
USA, Brazil, Russia, Cuba, Germany, Italy

I haven't counted who has the most yet, but just from writing this all down, Germany and Brazil jump out at being very good all-rounders.

houseboy
Posts: 4269
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1280 times
Has Liked: 1026 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by houseboy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:23 pm

Spijed wrote:Was going to say that too. Aside from the audience in India, the worldwide viewing figures for cricket are probably far smaller than compared to many other sports, such as the Tour De France, Superbowl etc. Even in this country people don't have anywhere near the same enthusiasm for the Cricket World cup in comparison to football.
I have to say I agree with you here. Despite the fanaticism I have encountered for cricket in small pockets and the boundless enthusiasm by those for a game that lasts for days cricket can only be described, at least in this country, as a minority sport. Now I am sure I will get shot down by numerous cricket fans for saying this (I usually do whenever I do say it and I've said it a lot over the years) but look at the attendances at games, in fact what other sport would have the arrogance to be regularly played when most people are, or should be, at work? Some county games are a case of spot the spectator (usually some bloke half asleep with his dog). My interest in the game is such that as of writing this (14.15pm on Monday 15th July) I still don't know who won the final. Okay I don't like the game or follow it but the fact is I have heard no-one mention it where I work and heard no mention of it on the radio on my journey to work (20 minutes or so). If this was football, rugby (either code) or even tennis or golf, you wouldn't be able to escape the news and if it were football especially they would be reporting mass absences at places of work.

No-one seems to care one way or the other so therefore it must be classed as a minority sport. Even if you talk about participants rather than spectators it's no different, surely far more people play football, rugby or even go fishing? So why does this sport get so much coverage in the media.

Rileybobs
Posts: 6209
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm
Been Liked: 2683 times
Has Liked: 610 times
Location: Leeds

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:30 pm

houseboy wrote:I have to say I agree with you here. Despite the fanaticism I have encountered for cricket in small pockets and the boundless enthusiasm by those for a game that lasts for days cricket can only be described, at least in this country, as a minority sport. Now I am sure I will get shot down by numerous cricket fans for saying this (I usually do whenever I do say it and I've said it a lot over the years) but look at the attendances at games, in fact what other sport would have the arrogance to be regularly played when most people are, or should be, at work? Some county games are a case of spot the spectator (usually some bloke half asleep with his dog). My interest in the game is such that as of writing this (14.15pm on Monday 15th July) I still don't know who won the final. Okay I don't like the game or follow it but the fact is I have heard no-one mention it where I work and heard no mention of it on the radio on my journey to work (20 minutes or so). If this was football, rugby (either code) or even tennis or golf, you wouldn't be able to escape the news and if it were football especially they would be reporting mass absences at places of work.

No-one seems to care one way or the other so therefore it must be classed as a minority sport. Even if you talk about participants rather than spectators it's no different, surely far more people play football, rugby or even go fishing? So why does this sport get so much coverage in the media.
Cricket cannot be described as a minority sport in this country whether you care for it or not.

County cricket gets shocking attendances for the reasons you have given - the same reason why participation won’t be too high. But international games in all formats regularly sell out in this country. It’s miles behind football but is roughly on a par with each code of rugby. You don’t have to participate in a sport for it to be popular.

houseboy
Posts: 4269
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1280 times
Has Liked: 1026 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by houseboy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Falcon wrote:OK so I went on Wikipedia and found a list of sports that have a World Cup or equivalent for men's national teams.

So here we have it, a list of champions:

American Football
Japan, USA

Association Football
Brazil, Germany, Italy, Spain, England, France, Argentina, Uruguay

Australian Rules Football
Australia does not enter
New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Ireland

Bandy
Russia, Sweden, Finland

Baseball
USA, Japan, Dominican Republic

Basketball
USA, Yugoslavia, Russia (as Soviet Union), Brazil, Argentina, Spain

Beach Soccer
Brazil, Portugal, France, Russia

Beach Volleyball
Brazil, USA, Netherlands, Germany, Argentina, Russia

Canoe Polo
Netherlands, France, Australia, UK, Germany, Italy

Cricket
West Indies, Australia, India, England, Pakistan, Sri Lanka

Curling
Canada, USA, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway

Darts
England, Scotland, Netherlands

Field Hockey
Pakistan, Netherlands, Australia, Germany, India, Belgium

Fistball
Germany, Brazil, Austria, Switzerland

Floorball
Sweden, Finland

Futsal
Brazil, Spain, Argentina

Golf
USA, Australia, South Africa, Spain, England, Japan, Canada, Sweden, Ireland, Wales, Germany, Scotland, Argentina, Taiwan, Denmark, Italy, Belgium

Handball
France, Sweden, Romania, Germany, Russia, Spain, Croatia, Denmark, Czechoslovakia, Yogoslavia

Beach Handball
Brazil, Croatia, Egypt

Ice Hockey
Russia, Canada, Czech Republic, Sweden, Finland, USA, Great Britain, Slovakia

Inline Hockey
USA, Sweden, Finland, Canada, Czech Republic

Kabaddi
India

Lacrosse
USA, Canada

Indoor Lacrosse
Canada

Padel
Spain, Argentina

Pitch and Putt
Catalonia, Ireland

Polo
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, USA

Roller Hockey
Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Italy, England

Rugby League
Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain

Rugby Union
New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, England

Rugby Sevens
England, Fiji, New Zealand, Wales

Squash
Australia, Pakistan, England, Egypt, Great Britain

Tchoukball
Switzerland, France, Taiwan, Italy

Tennis
USA, Australia, Australasia, France, Great Britain, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Czech Republic, Russia, Croatia, Italy, Argentina, Switzerland, Serbia, South Africa

Volleyball
USA, Brazil, Russia, Cuba, Germany, Italy

I haven't counted who has the most yet, but just from writing this all down, Germany and Brazil jump out at being very good all-rounders.
What the hell is Bandy? Fistball sounds like something you would see on a porn site. What is Inline Hockey? *Kabaddi sounds like something you would have with pilau rice and chips. Padel? One of my favourites is Tchoukball - what is that? I can see Google getting some hammer off me tonight.

*To be fair I have heard of Kabaddi, is it some kind of mass brawl? I seem to recall there is fighting involved but I'm not sure.

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 1667 times
Has Liked: 321 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:33 pm

houseboy wrote:*To be fair I have heard of Kabaddi, is it some kind of mass brawl? I seem to recall there is fighting involved but I'm not sure.
Kabaddi is like tig but whilst holding your breath

edison
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:56 pm
Been Liked: 320 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by edison » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:44 pm

Spijed wrote:The Origin of the Name 'the World Series'

For many years, it was believed that the name came from the fact that the original series was sponsored by the New York World Telegram newspaper, thus becoming known as the ‘World’s Series’. However, popular as this explanation may be, it’s not actually true and although the newspaper did report the results of the games, it had nothing to do with the naming of the competition.

The real reason behind the name is thanks to Barney Dreyfuss who was the owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates. In 1903, he wrote to the owner of the Boston Red Sox challenging them to a ‘World’s Championship Series’. The Pirates were the best team in the National League and the Red Sox were the best in the American League.

The games went ahead and Boston won the series five games to three. Over time, the 'World’s Championship Series' name has been shortened to the World Series and has been played every year apart from 1904 and 1994.
Yes, the AL and NL were the only leagues in the world at that time. The international competition is the World Baseball Classic.

wilks_bfc
Posts: 5197
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:33 pm
Been Liked: 1570 times
Has Liked: 791 times
Contact:

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by wilks_bfc » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Falcon wrote: Australian Rules Football
Australia does not enter
New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Ireland
Why don’t Australia enter their own sport? :shock:

Falcon
Posts: 2804
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:40 pm
Been Liked: 789 times
Has Liked: 769 times
Location: Proudsville

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Falcon » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:44 am

wilks_bfc wrote:Why don’t Australia enter their own sport? :shock:
Because they'd wipe the floor with everyone. They introduced the world championships to try and develop the sport abroad.

houseboy
Posts: 4269
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1280 times
Has Liked: 1026 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by houseboy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:22 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:Kabaddi is like tig but whilst holding your breath
I did look it up and you are right it is just a game of tig. I recall the reason I have seen it is because, bizarrely, it used to be on telly. Can't remember when or what channel.

Devils_Advocate
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 1667 times
Has Liked: 321 times

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:27 am

houseboy wrote:I did look it up and you are right it is just a game of tig. I recall the reason I have seen it is because, bizarrely, it used to be on telly. Can't remember when or what channel.
It used to be on either Sat or Sunday morning (I think on Ch4) when I was a kid so i'd guess late 80's

houseboy
Posts: 4269
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1280 times
Has Liked: 1026 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by houseboy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:27 am

Falcon wrote:Because they'd wipe the floor with everyone. They introduced the world championships to try and develop the sport abroad.
I actually love Aussie Rules, trouble is it doesn't seem to have been on telly for some time. Proper man's game. I knew a pro-cricketer who used to play in Australia when it was winter here and he was mates with an Rules player and he said they actually train with boxers sometime. Apparently when they went out for a drink no-one picked on them. They get fantastic crowds as well.

houseboy
Posts: 4269
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1280 times
Has Liked: 1026 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: England World Cup Victories

Post by houseboy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:28 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:It used to be on either Sat or Sunday morning (I think on Ch4) when I was a kid so i'd guess late 80's
That would sound about right.

Post Reply