Madagascar in the recent African Cup of Nations (AFCON)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
davemanu2000
Been Liked: 1145 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Madagascar in the recent African Cup of Nations (AFCON)

Post by davemanu2000 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:46 pm

I shall begin with with a bit of history . Burnley were to play some matches against Mauritius and Madagascar . They beat Mauritius six times . Overall they scored 36 goals against 2 .
They flew to Madagascar which is a big island ie the size of UK . They scored 13 goals against 2 . Both Indian Ocean islands were ablaze with English football .
Some years back Madagascar ranked 190th out of 211 according by FIFA .The new elected President of Madagascar put much emphasis so that his country would rise and shine in international tournaments .They were among the qualified cup for the African Cup of Nations (AFCON). The new President Andria chartered a plane and brought in 480 Malagasy fans to support Madagascar . Madagascar did brilliantly well . The reached the quarter final . The players got heavily tired as they could not repeat their past sterling performances in the heat of Egyptian climate . They lost their final match to Tunisia which fielded many international players who played in Europe .

Anyhow it is to be noted that none of their players has played in Europe. Some are enlisted to play in Mauritius . My club Faucon Flacq SC had some of these players . They were submissive and played well .

In the recent AFCON tournament at least five have stood out . The most outstanding was one named Marco Ilamakan .Needless to say the French will rake Madagascar for eventual players .

As i said previously Madagascar will be participating in the forthcoming Indian Ocean Islands Games which will start in 10 days time in Mauritius . All these players have been retained to play . I would love if any talent hunter from Burnley would come to Mauritius to recruit some players . it is very expensive to get good players in the transfer market . Why not Burnley start the first ?

davemanu2000
Been Liked: 1145 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Re: Madagascar in the recent African Cup of Nations (AFCON)

Post by davemanu2000 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Burnley should encourage scouting of great and promising players for cheap . at least one can be sent to Mauritius to watch football matches which would not cost much .i am ever ready to help my much adorned Club ,which is no other than Burnley .

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:20 pm

It would cost the club a pittance to send someone out there. Nothing may come of it but they may discover a nugget ( of gold that is!)

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:39 pm

My favourite Madagascans are the penguins.