Has Anyone Used

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
# 1
winsomeyen
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:29 am
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 153 times
Location: brittany France

Has Anyone Used

Postby winsomeyen » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:21 pm

a no win no fee solicitor,
We are considering a claim against an insurance intermediary for fraud by misrepresentation.
We have documentory evidence from regulators in three different countries,the problem is we live in France,the intermediary operates from Dublin.
we believe we have a really strong case,

Should we go down this road and the solicitor manages to lose the case would we be liable for the defendants legal fees.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers UTC

# 2
Devils_Advocate
Posts: 3759
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Re: Has Anyone Used

Postby Devils_Advocate » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:31 pm

My best mate used one to make a compensation claim after a bus he was on crashed. I thought they would only be one party making any money and it would't be my mate but they were actually really good.

Obviously they took a cut of the payout but it was fair and my mate got a nice sum with no hidden costs.

As he won cant help with what would have happened had he lost at court in terms of defendants fees

# 3
elwaclaret
Posts: 2068
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:57 am
Been Liked: 528 times
Has Liked: 1040 times

Re: Has Anyone Used

Postby elwaclaret » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:32 pm

One thing you can be pretty sure of is they will not offer to take on your case unless it’s pretty nailed down... that being the case I’d of thought a regular legal firm would probably work out cheaper.

# 4
AlargeClaret
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:55 pm
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Re: Has Anyone Used

Postby AlargeClaret » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:My best mate used one to make a compensation claim after a bus he was on crashed. I thought they would only be one party making any money and it would't be my mate but they were actually really good.

Obviously they took a cut of the payout but it was fair and my mate got a nice sum with no hidden costs.

As he won cant help with what would have happened had he lost at court in terms of defendants fees


One of the most common scams in the country for about 5-10 yrs, the old “ passengers on the bus” con ( car pulls out hits bus and a load of tracksuit wearing chavs claim whiplash )

# 5
Devils_Advocate
Posts: 3759
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Re: Has Anyone Used

Postby Devils_Advocate » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:08 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:One of the most common scams in the country for about 5-10 yrs, the old “ passengers on the bus” con ( car pulls out hits bus and a load of tracksuit wearing chavs claim whiplash )

It was a genuine crash on one of busiest roundabouts in Leeds but my mate milked it for all he could as im sure many others did

# 6
conyoviejo
Posts: 3084
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:38 pm
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 805 times
Location: On the high seas chasing Pirates

Re: Has Anyone Used

Postby conyoviejo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:It was a genuine crash on one of busiest roundabouts in Leeds but my mate milked it for all he could as im sure many others did


Just like you do on here.. ;)
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

# 7
AlargeClaret
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:55 pm
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Re: Has Anyone Used

Postby AlargeClaret » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:It was a genuine crash on one of busiest roundabouts in Leeds but my mate milked it for all he could as im sure many others did


Don’t blame him I think most would

# 8
bfccrazy
Posts: 4541
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:18 pm
Been Liked: 1848 times
Has Liked: 383 times
Location: Burnley

Re: Has Anyone Used

Postby bfccrazy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:24 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:One of the most common scams in the country for about 5-10 yrs, the old “ passengers on the bus” con ( car pulls out hits bus and a load of tracksuit wearing chavs claim whiplash )


I was in an accident on the motorway as a passenger on a bus to Manchester - I never claimed but later found out mates had and were paid out a decent lump ....... kinda wish I had claimed tbh :lol:


Return to “The Bee Hole End”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobinho, Chester Perry, Clarets4me, Duffer_, FactualFrank, Lord_Bob, Majestic-12 [Bot], middleton claret, Rileybobs, tim_noone, Walt and 62 guests