Stop and search coming to Nelson

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Re: Stop and search coming to Nelson

Post by Bfcboyo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:07 pm

mybloodisclaret wrote:Go on then.... when was the last time you were stop searched? Or harassed by the police or "state"?
Well out of order.

You know he has agoraphobia and is hidden in his safe room at the back of his closet.
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

Rumbletonk
Been Liked: 313 times
Has Liked: 285 times

Post by Rumbletonk » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:10 pm

bfcjg wrote:TBH I would issue any nutter who wants to fight with another nutter a machete each and fight to the death.
The stop and search is just there to minimise the deaths of innocent bystanders whilst the nutters make there way to the designated combat zones

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:26 pm

Cirrus_Minor wrote:Thank you for your feedback on your thoughts about the town that I live in.
No problem, I hope you live in a nice part.

And if not, I hope you can get out sooner rather than later.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:47 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:Well out of order.

You know he has agoraphobia and is hidden in his safe room at the back of his closet.
Imagine if that was true. You'd be mocking someone for their mental illness.
This user liked this post: fatboy47

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5072 times
Has Liked: 6844 times

Post by bfcjg » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:49 pm

DCWat wrote:Silly approach - that’d still leave one nutter
I'd hang him for murder.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone DCWat

Rumbletonk

Post by Rumbletonk » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:29 pm

MACCA wrote:Absolute sh1t whole of a place, and only getting worse ( I know theres nice parts before people get upset )
I avoid the place unless it's absolutely necessary.
You must live somewhere significantly better than Burnley to say that

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:35 pm

Say nothing, do nothing. The 1st Century minded dodge pots will come good in their own time.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6950 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:39 pm

IT doesn’t need me to stick up for him, he’s a big boy. But some of you need to take a good look at yourselves because your behaviour cannot be described as anything other than bullying.

You may think he’s a dick but you’re the ones going around looking for confrontation with him and often starting provocative threads directed at him. You then ignore the content of the discussion and show your inability, or lack of intelligence to debate a point and resort immediately to personal attacks. You can mock IT by claiming that he lives in his mum’s attic but you need to ask how sad this constant harassment makes your lives look.

You are the true definition of keyboard warriors, ganging up and picking on another poster whilst using your internet anonymity to make yourself feel bigger. You’re cowards.
These 6 users liked this post: bfccrazy tim_noone fatboy47 Greenmile Lisbonclaret longsidepies

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:44 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:With the introduction of body cameras on police officers these types of incidents will stop, because innocent people will have a right to complain.

Not aimed at you, but I'm assuming no one minds the police having cameras on them whilst on duty?
I have no problem with police officers having body cams - it can protect both the public from the police being a bit too far at times and also protect police officers in situations so it’s a win win really.

Just that with how football fans can be treated as 2nd class citizens already by the police .... and this being a football forum (I think so anyway but unsure nowadays) I thought putting a personal football spin on this would also show how it could affect a lot of us directly whilst traveling around the country and being unjustly punished .... and the police having newer laws which makes it even easier to do so.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone longsidepies

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:45 pm

Rileybobs wrote:IT doesn’t need me to stick up for him, he’s a big boy. But some of you need to take a good look at yourselves because your behaviour cannot be described as anything other than bullying.

You may think he’s a dick but you’re the ones going around looking for confrontation with him and often starting provocative threads directed at him. You then ignore the content of the discussion and show your inability, or lack of intelligence to debate a point and resort immediately to personal attacks. You can mock IT by claiming that he lives in his mum’s attic but you need to ask how sad this constant harassment makes your lives look.

You are the true definition of keyboard warriors, ganging up and picking on another poster whilst using your internet anonymity to make yourself feel bigger. You’re cowards.
:lol:

Deary me
These 2 users liked this post: Damo AndyClaret

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:47 pm

Rileybobs wrote:IT doesn’t need me to stick up for him, he’s a big boy. But some of you need to take a good look at yourselves because your behaviour cannot be described as anything other than bullying.

I don’t always agree with stuff IT says - but I do think he tries to give a valid debate on situations (whether you agree with his mean self or not). A lot of people on the witch hunt though and creaming their kecks when he replies to a post :lol: :lol:

Must live very sad lives if you can’t handle somebody having a different opinion to yourself without attacking them constantly about things which have nothing to do with the subject at hand.
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone fatboy47

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:59 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote::lol:

Deary me
Care to elaborate? In the 38 posts following IT’s first contribution, the following 6 posters personally attack IT, totally unprovoked and without adding anything to the subject being discussed;

randomclaret2
Rumbletonk
Damo
Stayingup
Godisadeejay81
Bfcboyo

Not bullying?

Edit - make that 6, not 5.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:13 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Care to elaborate? In the 38 posts following IT’s first contribution, the following 6 posters personally attack IT, totally unprovoked and without adding anything to the subject being discussed;

randomclaret2
Rumbletonk
Damo
Stayingup
Godisadeejay81
Bfcboyo

Not bullying?

Funny, I never see you jump to Ringos defence on the brexit threads.
It's almost like you only want to defend people you personally agree with.

As for my contribution to this one, charlie regularly tries to involve me in threads that I have no intention of contributing to.
Though I, and probably he, isn't as sensitive as you clearly are

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:15 pm

Yes I'll elaborate. He's like a child who always has to have the last word. The, to me, to you chuckle brothers style is very boring and childish.

He treats this board like it is Reddit.

He never starts a thread to debate a subject, he does it to simply goad others.

Bullying? He's not a 13 year old girl.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2234 times
Has Liked: 2132 times

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:17 pm

Nelson/Brierfield are **** holes, there's no denying it.

Absolutely got your head in the sand if you also can't admit that most shenanigans that go on in the area are by Asian or Asian/English youths.

It's just the reality of the situation.
This user liked this post: Top Claret

Rumbletonk

Post by Rumbletonk » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:19 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Care to elaborate? In the 38 posts following IT’s first contribution, the following 6 posters personally attack IT, totally unprovoked and without adding anything to the subject being discussed;

randomclaret2
Rumbletonk
Damo
Stayingup
Godisadeejay81
Bfcboyo

Not bullying?

You can't be that naive

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:24 pm

CoolClaret wrote:Nelson/Brierfield are **** holes, there's no denying it.

Absolutely got your head in the sand if you also can't admit that most shenanigans that go on in the area are by Asian or Asian/English youths.

Imagine if Tommy Robinson uttered those truthful words. :o

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:25 pm

Damo wrote:Funny, I never see you jump to Ringos defence on the brexit threads.
It's almost like you only want to defend people you personally agree with.

As for my contribution to this one, charlie regularly tries to involve me in threads that I have no intention of contributing to.
Though I, and probably he, isn't as sensitive as you clearly are
I'm regularly crossing swords with around 6 or more at a time on the Brexit thread. The Bunker Dwelling, Zero in a half shell if often at the front of the gaggle of remoaners. Nowt I can't cope with.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:36 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:Yes I'll elaborate. He's like a child who always has to have the last word. The, to me, to you chuckle brothers style is very boring and childish.

He treats this board like it is Reddit.

He never starts a thread to debate a subject, he does it to simply goad others.

Bullying? He's not a 13 year old girl.
So what if you find him boring and childish? It’s perfectly possible to ignore him. On this thread, the 6 posters I have mentioned posted on this thread just to attack IT. They haven’t contributed to the discussion, they could have just stayed off the thread entirely.

As for starting a thread to goad others - what about the OP in this instance? Constantly lighting a racially-motivated firecracker and stepping back. I don’t see the same people attacking him. Nor do I see the same posters condemning the other racist posts on this and other threads.

And are you seriously suggesting that you can only bully a 13 year old girl? At what age and gender does personal harassment stop become bullying?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:37 pm

Rumbletonk wrote:You can't be that naive
Please also elaborate.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Rileybobs wrote:So what if you find him boring and childish? It’s perfectly possible to ignore him. On this thread, the 6 posters I have mentioned posted on this thread just to attack IT. They haven’t contributed to the discussion, they could have just stayed off the thread entirely.

As for starting a thread to goad others - what about the OP in this instance? Constantly lighting a racially-motivated firecracker and stepping back. I don’t see the same people attacking him. Nor do I see the same posters condemning the other racist posts on this and other threads.

And are you seriously suggesting that you can only bully a 13 year old girl? At what age and gender does personal harassment stop become bullying?
I can contribute if you'd like, an actual proper grown up contribution.
However, there's no point because what usually happens is people on here, like IT, will launch into a tirade where they're adamant that their point of view is right and no one else's is, I'll probably be called a racist, or a Nazi because that's happened before.

Also the thread I contributed to earlier today and haven't bothered commenting again because I've basically been accused of wanting genocide, which I pretty much knew would happen.

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:55 pm

Rileybobs wrote:So what if you find him boring and childish? It’s perfectly possible to ignore him. On this thread, the 6 posters I have mentioned posted on this thread just to attack IT. They haven’t contributed to the discussion, they could have just stayed off the thread entirely.

I really don't give a sh1te one way or the other. You asked me to elaborate, so I did. I'm perfectly capable of ignoring him, and that's what I do for the most part.

The goading threads are very boring whoever starts them. But you only seem to see the ones you want to see, or in this case, talk about the ones you want.

I'm sure he can cope with the 'bullying' but he'll be grateful for having a personal bodyguard.

karatekid
Been Liked: 1108 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by karatekid » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:58 pm

I live in Duke Bar . It's lovely here. I'm so glad I live far away from Nelson and brierfield and all those naughty Asians. My friend lives in Barrowford. Crikey they are on his doorstep.
This user liked this post: Rumbletonk

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:02 am

If people should be able to find it "perfectly possible to ignore Imploding Turtle's Head." Then surely, others should find it just as perfectly possible to ignore what you describe as " racially motivated firecrackers "?
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:03 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:I can contribute if you'd like, an actual proper grown up contribution.
However, there's no point because what usually happens is people on here, like IT, will launch into a tirade where they're adamant that their point of view is right and no one else's is, I'll probably be called a racist, or a Nazi because that's happened before.

Also the thread I contributed to earlier today and haven't bothered commenting again because I've basically been accused of wanting genocide, which I pretty much knew would happen.
Please provide an example of when i've called you a racist or a nazi. I'll wait.

And who said you wanted genocide? :roll: Provide a quote. (spoiler: no one)

Edit: It's this ******* post, isn't it? :roll:
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 0#p1050849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:07 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:I really don't give a sh1te one way or the other. You asked me to elaborate, so I did. I'm perfectly capable of ignoring him, and that's what I do for the most part.

The goading threads are very boring whoever starts them. But you only seem to see the ones you want to see, or in this case, talk about the ones you want.

I'm sure he can cope with the 'bullying' but he'll be grateful for having a personal bodyguard.
I didn’t bring up the goading threads, you did. So I don’t only see the ones I want to see and I’m not picking apart the OP here for another provocative race-related thread - I’m challenging the posters who follow another poster around this forum and continually harass them.

I’m sure he can cope with the bullying too, hence my opening sentence on this thread. But whether someone can handle the bullying or not doesn’t stop it being bullying. If I punched Anthony Joshua in the nose he wouldn’t feel it but it would still be assault.

And your final comment about a personal bodyguard is just lame to be honest. I’m not sticking up for IT, I’m criticising the pathetic posters who go out of their way to personally abuse him. I would call out this behaviour if it was against any poster and would probably have done far earlier if it was directed at a more seemingly vulnerable poster who needed a ‘personal bodyguard’.

I don’t have to be on one person’s side to disagree with the behaviour of others. Surely that’s not a difficult concept to understand?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:12 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:If people should be able to find it "perfectly possible to ignore Imploding Turtle's Head." Then surely, others should find it just as perfectly possible to ignore what you describe as " racially motivated firecrackers "?
And I’m sure many do. What’s your point? I don’t see people following Claretandy around this forum and personally abusing him on every thread despite his open racist views.

I’d rather people spoke up about the undercurrent of racism which is now commonplace on this messageboard. IT has got some pretty strong views but I’d like to think that most people would rather pick on the racist posters on this board if given the choice. Unfortunately that doesn’t seem the case.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:21 am

Rileybobs wrote:And I’m sure many do. What’s your point? I don’t see people following Claretandy around this forum and personally abusing him on every thread despite his open racist views.

I’d rather people spoke up about the undercurrent of racism which is now commonplace on this messageboard. IT has got some pretty strong views but I’d like to think that most people would rather pick on the racist posters on this board if given the choice. Unfortunately that doesn’t seem the case.
My point is. People could take your advice given for one poster and apply it to another.....

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:23 am

Is stop and search a bad thing?
In my opinion no it isn't, if used correctly.
The Police body cams can ensure that it is used correctly.

Is it an issue if it's used in specific areas where certain crimes are more prevalent?
Again, nope.

Is it an issue if it's used in areas where certain types of people live?
Not really because it's highly unlikely that the current crop of weapon carrying thugs would live in the posh areas.

Have I been stopped and searched before?
A long time ago, when I was busy being a bit of a dick and it was deserved, which I knew at the time.
I've also been stopped and searched when I felt it wasn't deserved all because I reacted and defended myself after being threatened but the police decided to stop me everyday for a week and search my car :roll:

I remember the knife amnesty in the 90's and handed one in, it wasn't mine and my mate was really ****** that I'd gotten rid of it.
I've also had varying weapons pointed in my direction including firearms.
I remember that the police where I've lived gave a sword back to one of their 'informants', even after he'd turned up carrying it at my mates house looking for him with the intention to do something with it.

We live in a country that's slowly becoming more dangerous in certain areas than it has ever been before and whilst I understand that some people get upset that certain rights could be infringed upon if stop and search isn't used correctly, the right to live a life without the worry of being murdered by a mindless thug should be at the forefront.
Getting a firearm isn't that difficult if you know the right people, it's even easier to get a knife and extremely brutal looking knives can be purchased online and delivered to your door....
If Stop and Search starts getting weapons off the street then I'm happy with that.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:24 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Please provide an example of when i've called you a racist or a nazi. I'll wait.

And who said you wanted genocide? :roll: Provide a quote. (spoiler: no one)

Edit: It's this ******* post, isn't it? :roll:
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 0#p1050849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've been called a racist and Nazi on this forum, I didn't point that finger of blame at you, so calm down.

It isn't worth debating with you, you're an extremist on here with your views quite simply and that's why I've stopped bothering as much.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:28 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:I've been called a racist and Nazi on this forum, I didn't point that finger of blame at you, so calm down.

It isn't worth debating with you, you're an extremist on here with your views quite simply and that's why I've stopped bothering as much.
What are my extremist views?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:32 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:What are my extremist views?
Extremist as in how you're seemingly an expert on everything, it's your view that's apparently always right, everyone who's not in line with your opinion is a moron etc.
Whilst your views aren't always at the extreme end, it's how you behave that makes me call you an extremist.

You'll throw in a lol at me, maybe an emoji and want me to link some of your comments as always, but as I've said it's pointless debating with you, so I'll leave it there like I did on the other thread after my comment.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:42 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:My point is. People could take your advice given for one poster and apply it to another.....
I don’t follow. Which other poster gets a number of personal attacks totally unrelated to the subject in hand after posting a perfectly sensible point on a thread?

dsr
Been Liked: 4571 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:56 am

Rileybobs wrote:I don’t follow. Which other poster gets a number of personal attacks totally unrelated to the subject in hand after posting a perfectly sensible point on a thread?
You're wasting your time, Rileybobs. IT is very, very strongly in favour of personal insults being used on this board, and I very much doubt that anything you can say will change his mind.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:58 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:What are my extremist views?
imploding, you are a clever lad, you know certain things are worth pointing out, and that is admirable.
However, on this topic you are miles off. Hiding behind the bleeding obvious makes you come across as thick, not savvy.
You wouldn't choose to live in the areas mentioned in this post, if you did, then I have no doubt you would be screaming for the powers to stop and search. These are northern towns where people should be permitted to go about their lawful business without fear of individuals taking to the streets to settle cretinous disputes armed to the teeth. Just deciding to take a stance on civil liberties is woefully inept.
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:16 am

Rileybobs wrote:I don’t follow. Which other poster gets a number of personal attacks totally unrelated to the subject in hand after posting a perfectly sensible point on a thread?
You have posted on most of the brexit threads where this has happened, so no doubt you have seen it.
5 or 6 posters, rounding on one poster. Accusing him of being drunk. Changing a couple of letters in his username to turn it into something really childish etc.

You still bring up something I posted (almost 12 months later) where you misconstrued my point about my potential grandchildren.

Charlie was either trolling or virtue Signalling on this thread and didnt suffer anything worse than what several posters on here face when they post something you, and others consider not to be sensible.

Not that anyone else really cares. It just makes you look a bit daft when you get on your high horse about it

dsr
Been Liked: 4571 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:20 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:No, genius. I call peoples ideas stupid, moronic, imbecilic etc because people don't like it when i call them stupid, morons or imbeciles. Sometimes, quite rarely, i'll slip up and call someone an idiot or a moron. But it doesn't matter to people like you, because you see me calling your stupid ideas "stupid" and take that as if to mean i'm calling you stupid anyway, which is really ******* stupid.

This is my compromise. You didn't like it when i called you stupid, so i restrict myself to calling your ideas stupid, and you still get awfully offended. Tough ****.

What i won't do though is follow you around a message board and harass you, or try to encourage others into attacking you, or (and i honestly don't understand this one) spend parts of my day speculating as to your personal and private life for the purposes of ridicule. I won't discuss with others who you are or how to get your personal information, and i certainly won't post it on the forum for everyone to see in the hope that someone angrier than me will take that information and do what they do. And i won't wish you dead. But hey, i called your idea stupid and that's the exact same thing, eh? P*ss off, mate. Now, go get me banned again for telling you to p*ss off.
Interesting. I suppose we might now find out whether a reported post provides a link to the original post, or the edited one. But I surely hope you get your wish and are banned from this forum.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:32 am

Damo wrote:You have posted on most of the brexit threads where this has happened, so no doubt you have seen it.
5 or 6 posters, rounding on one poster. Accusing him of being drunk. Changing a couple of letters in his username to turn it into something really childish etc.

You still bring up something I posted (almost 12 months later) where you misconstrued my point about my potential grandchildren.

Charlie was either trolling or virtue Signalling on this thread and didnt suffer anything worse than what several posters on here face when they post something you, and others consider not to be sensible.

Not that anyone else really cares. It just makes you look a bit daft when you get on your high horse about it
How many different people on here have you repeatedly accused of virtue-signalling?
Are any of the people you accuse of virtue-signalling saying things you agree with when you're accusing them?
Out of the last 10 times you've accuses posters on here of virtue-signalling, how many of them have not been me?

I never virtue-signal. Ever. You know this. The purpose of virtue-signalling is to make people think good things about you by expressing beliefs you do not hold. I don't give a **** what you people think about me, so there's no motive for me to express anything other than my own, sincere opinions.

The only reason you accuse people (almost always me) of virtue-signalling is because you want to troll discussions and harass me. You deliberately try to undermine discussions by throwing "virtue-signalling" around, trying to cast doubt in the integrity of the opinions i share by accusing me of not really holding them.
And most of the time it doesn't make any ******* sense, like in this thread, for example. If i wanted to virtue-signal i'd signal my virtue by claiming that peoples lives are sacrosanct and that sacrificing the right to privacy is OK if it means that people are safe and criminals are jailed. That's the virtue-signaller argument someone would make if they wanted to signal to people how good a person they are. But I've expressed the exact opposite view, which has people thinking and saying some pretty shitty things about me. So how the **** can I possibly be a virtue-signaller? Well, I can't. And you know it. But that doesn't matter because your accusation isn't about it being accurate, it's about it derailing discussion, and harassing me, and that is why you are a cancer on this forum.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:35 am

dsr wrote:Interesting. I suppose we might now find out whether a reported post provides a link to the original post, or the edited one. But I surely hope you get your wish and are banned from this forum.
It doesn't matter. the original one said p*ss off too, bit it showed up as ****. The only reason I edited it was so that it is clear to you that you're reporting me for telling you to "p*ss off", which is what you've done.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10236 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:25 am

theroyaldyche wrote:Machetes ;)
Fair enough ; I didn't really expect you to be honest. ;)

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:50 am

Rumbletonk wrote:You must live somewhere significantly better than Burnley to say that
Nope, live in Burnley.

However if you think Burnley is as bad as Nelson you..... forget it.
Last edited by MACCA on Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:55 am

You must live somewhere significantly better than Burnley to say that?

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:31 am

MACCA wrote:You must live somewhere significantly better than Burnley to say that?
Nelson is a dump. A wasteground

theroyaldyche

Post by theroyaldyche » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:33 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:Fair enough ; I didn't really expect you to be honest. ;)
Oh no. I was honest alright in my OP

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4183 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:51 am

bfccrazy wrote:About 10/12 of us got asked to step outside after we’d gotten our first drinks and lined up by a pub on an away day a while ago b cause police thought somebody had a smoke bomb.

They searched us all and didn’t find a smoke bomb (or any other illegal objects) but decided the best course of action was to take our details and give us a 24 hour ban from the town centre (which we managed to argue was stupid because the train station was in the centre for us to get home later)

If that isn’t a pointless abuse of power then I don’t know what is.

Also had a mate who was walking to the ground at another game and happened to be going to the ground 10 minutes after some trouble (which he wasn’t part of) - he got stopped and searched by the police because they said they were had suspicion he had something he shouldn’t..... they found nothing but ripped up his ticket and told him to head home.

These sort of laws just give more power to police which are open to be abused - if you’re in a pub on an away day with people you don’t know but they are also Burnley fans, don’t complain when you get lumped in with them and expect to be searched and dealt with like you’re a criminal anyway.

Was that at Huddersfield a few year back ?

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:54 am

theroyaldyche wrote:Oh no. I was honest alright in my OP
Honest but not brave?

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:00 am

Damo wrote:You have posted on most of the brexit threads where this has happened, so no doubt you have seen it.

That is fine though, as that is a different form of bullying. When you agree with the people who are doing the "bullying" it is far easier to turn a blind eye and not be offended on someone elses behalf.

My favourite line though is " following someone around a messageboard" When you are on majority of threads on here being confrontational you become harder to avoid but that part is ignored again if it suits someones agenda. It seems the only way forward is to allow points you disagree with to be ignored while others can say anything they like to or about posters they disgaree with.

bfccrazy

Post by bfccrazy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:04 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Was that at Huddersfield a few year back ?
Yes it was. I found the ban from the centre an odd tactic to avoid trouble ....... because if we had wanted to cause trouble, they’d moved us from easily accessible areas which were full of cameras etc .... down to pubs in. Little alleyways etc away from the hustle and bustle :? Strange move.

The mate got stopped at Wigan and had his ticket ripped up.
Last edited by bfccrazy on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:05 am

Going back to the original point, if 20 people are stopped and searched and 19 have nothing to hide and 1 has a knife or machete and is prevented using it then that to me is a good result. Too many cowards these days seem to need some sort of blade to make them safe on the street.

If you have done nothing wrong and are carrying nothing you shouldn't then 99% of normal folk won't have an issue with a quick search. Nobody seems to object to being searched entering a football ground on the reasons of safety of others why is this any different.

theroyaldyche

Post by theroyaldyche » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:16 am

bfccrazy wrote:Yes it was. I found the ban from the centre an odd tactic to avoid trouble ....... because if we had wanted to cause trouble, they’d moved us from easily accessible areas which were full of cameras etc .... down to pubs in. Little alleyways etc away from the hustle and bustle :? Strange move.

The mate got stopped at Wigan and had his ticket ripped up.
Soup?