Stop and search coming to Nelson

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Re: Stop and search coming to Nelson

Post by bfccrazy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:18 am

theroyaldyche wrote:Soup?
It’s early in the day but why not.
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:22 am

bfccrazy wrote:Yes it was. I found the ban from the centre an odd tactic to avoid trouble ....... because if we had wanted to cause trouble, they’d moved us from easily accessible areas which were full of cameras etc .... down to pubs in. Little alleyways etc away from the hustle and bustle :? Strange move.

The mate got stopped at Wigan and had his ticket ripped up.

We were in the same pub and saw this happen so we came out and went left while you were being spoken too and was left alone for the day.

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:26 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:We were in the same pub and saw this happen so we came out and went left while you were being spoken too and was left alone for the day.
Good move, I’d of wandered off away too but didn’t get a chance to and then it just got stranger.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:30 am

bfccrazy wrote:Good move, I’d of wandered off away too but didn’t get a chance to and then it just got stranger.

Think it was the season after some Burnley attacked a pub (Vulcan I think) after the match, may have had you down as high risk :D

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:08 am

Damo wrote:You have posted on most of the brexit threads where this has happened, so no doubt you have seen it.
5 or 6 posters, rounding on one poster. Accusing him of being drunk. Changing a couple of letters in his username to turn it into something really childish etc.

You still bring up something I posted (almost 12 months later) where you misconstrued my point about my potential grandchildren.

Charlie was either trolling or virtue Signalling on this thread and didnt suffer anything worse than what several posters on here face when they post something you, and others consider not to be sensible.

Not that anyone else really cares. It just makes you look a bit daft when you get on your high horse about it
The Brexit thread is pretty much the only thread I don’t bother reading on here. I may have posted on it before but i don’t regularly contribute to it as it’s just continual childish abuse thrown back and forth.

As for jumping to Ringo’s defence. I hardly ever see him posting on here as he only seems to post on the Brexit thread which you rightly point out he is occasionally unfairly hounded. When he’s contributed to other threads I haven’t noticed people go out of their way to post on the thread just to abuse him.

As for bringing up you using your non-existing grandchildren as your reason for voting Leave, I can only referring to this comment once in a light hearted way which was recently. Is that really in any way comparable? Seems like you’re clutching.

Your obsession with IT virtue signalling is weird. I wouldn’t have you down as one of the bullies but you are obviously displaying a lack of ability to debate when you resort to that comment practically every time he posts. I find it very unlikely that people like yourself can actually disagree with everything that IT posts, I find it far more likely that you see his name and ‘play the man instead of the ball’, so to speak.

As for this subject; in principle it’s easy to see why some people agree with stop and search. And as the majority of posters on here probably fall within the 25 year old plus, white male bracket we are unlikely to be the victims of such a search.

But that fact that it’s unlikely to affect us doesn’t stop this from being an infringement on our civil liberties. We’ve already seen countless times how this power can be abused by police in the USA.

As for the comparison with being searched at the football, I personally find it pretty demeaning to be pawed down by a steward at the football. Does no one else? I put up with it at away games because it’s either that or don’t go but I certainly don’t enjoy it and it’s something that we’ll look back on as derogatory in years to come.

Are you going to go into your default mode and accuse me of virtue signalling or are you going to attempt to engage your brain and actually debate the subject?

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:16 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:That is fine though, as that is a different form of bullying. When you agree with the people who are doing the "bullying" it is far easier to turn a blind eye and not be offended on someone elses behalf.

My favourite line though is " following someone around a messageboard" When you are on majority of threads on here being confrontational you become harder to avoid but that part is ignored again if it suits someones agenda. It seems the only way forward is to allow points you disagree with to be ignored while others can say anything they like to or about posters they disgaree with.
I’ve already replied about Ringo above. But to reiterate I don’t see him getting personal abuse on every thread where he contributes. Maybe on the Brexit thread but like I say I rarely read it so I don’t see this on a regular basis unlike with IT.

I’m glad you like the line about following someone around a messageboard, I liked that one too. On this topic, and on a hell of a lot of topics, IT is definitely not the first to be confrontational. He may have an opinion that differs to yours but that’s not confrontational. That’s not to say he can’t be but it’s often someone else who throws the first stone and almost always someone else who makes the personal attack.

As I say above, his perfectly reasonable post about why he disagrees with stop and search attracted 6 different posters to give personal abuse. That is following someone around to give abuse. The posters mentioned hadn’t contributed to the thread, just looked for IT’s name and resorted to personal abuse. Is that ok? Is that what we want this messageboard to be about? Because it’s getting worse and is ruining it as far as I can see. This is why I’ve brought it up.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:25 am

Rileybobs wrote:I’ve already replied about Ringo above. But to reiterate I don’t see him getting personal abuse on every thread where he contributes. Maybe on the Brexit thread but like I say I rarely read it so I don’t see this on a regular basis unlike with IT.

I’m glad you like the line about following someone around a messageboard, I liked that one too. On this topic, and on a hell of a lot of topics, IT is definitely not the first to be confrontational. He may have an opinion that differs to yours but that’s not confrontational. That’s not to say he can’t be but it’s often someone else who throws the first stone and almost always someone else who makes the personal attack.

As I say above, his perfectly reasonable post about why he disagrees with stop and search attracted 6 different posters to give personal abuse. That is following someone around to give abuse. The posters mentioned hadn’t contributed to the thread, just looked for IT’s name and resorted to personal abuse. Is that ok? Is that what we want this messageboard to be about? Because it’s getting worse and is ruining it as far as I can see. This is why I’ve brought it up.

If you have a habit of name calling people, telling them their opinion or view is dumb or thick along with calling them dumb and a whole host of the names and insults is it really a shock when people eventually decide to give him some back?

I don't class this as bullying, if you are big enough to mouth off at others you should certainly be big enough to take it in return. The stuff said to ringo by the likes of martin, greenmile and few others is a lot more than IT gets, if IT was a real victim of bullying surely he would be standing up for ringo and telling others to tone it down a bit, as it is he disagrees with ringo and turns a blind eye. Personally I couldn't care less what anyone on here says to someone else it doesn't really change my experience it is just words on a screen, if someone comes across as an idiot to me they probably don't to someone else, we are all different.

There is only 2 people who have made a personal comment towards me on here 1 now hides behind a new username and the other is as you put it followed around on here and a victim of bullying. When someone makes it personal that is different.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:42 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:If you have a habit of name calling people, telling them their opinion or view is dumb or thick along with calling them dumb and a whole host of the names and insults is it really a shock when people eventually decide to give him some back?

I don't class this as bullying, if you are big enough to mouth off at others you should certainly be big enough to take it in return. The stuff said to ringo by the likes of martin, greenmile and few others is a lot more than IT gets, if IT was a real victim of bullying surely he would be standing up for ringo and telling others to tone it down a bit, as it is he disagrees with ringo and turns a blind eye. Personally I couldn't care less what anyone on here says to someone else it doesn't really change my experience it is just words on a screen, if someone comes across as an idiot to me they probably don't to someone else, we are all different.

There is only 2 people who have made a personal comment towards me on here 1 now hides behind a new username and the other is as you put it followed around on here and a victim of bullying. When someone makes it personal that is different.
I will never object to anyone calling my opinion stupid, unless they don't explain why it's stupid, and even then my objection will only be limited to their lack of substance and not the words used. (I might mock them if in the past they have whined like a bitch about their opinions being called stupid)

But what you do isn't that. It's not in the same city as that. What you do, and several others, is look at the username and react to that and not the post i make. Want to prove me wrong? Look through your posts and find the last time you've seriously taken on the substance of any opinion I've posted. It might have happened once or twice in your entire posting history, but i can't remember it.

I did a search through your posts for the word "Trump" which returned 28 results, remember me telling you that? And do you remember how many of those posts were you either replying to me or talking about me? I counted 24. That's some going for someone who said this:
claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Do I Support Trump ?

Nope I couldn't give a toss about him, he has no impact on my life.
Yesterday I posted a thread about the Peterborough Election investigations (since deleted) and it took 13 replies for someone to actually express any interest in the topic. Between then and the first post i had dsr whining that there was already a thread about it and linked the old thread (not without criticising me for posting in that old thread and not bumping it instead of posting a new one), another poster following up on dsr's whine. There was tim_noone asking me if i live in Peterborough now, as if that somehow mattered. I had Lord Rothbury declaring that the thread was all about me (i get this a lot) and then you show up and vomit all over it by replying to dsr and explaining that the reason for the duplicate thread was because i wanted to be the person who started the thread, because of what and awful attention seeker i clearly must be. The first person to show any interest in the topic was quickenthetempo who asked me what it said because his ad blocker interfered with him reading it.
And this isn't unusual.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:46 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:I will never object to anyone calling my opinion stupid, unless they don't explain why it's stupid, and even then my objection will only be limited to their lack of substance and not the words used. (I might mock them if in the past they have whined like a bitch about their opinions being called stupid)

But what you do isn't that. It's not in the same city as that. What you do, and several others, is look at the username and react to that and not the post i make. Want to prove me wrong? Look through your posts and find the last time you've seriously taken on the substance of any opinion I've posted. It might have happened once or twice in your entire posting history, but i can't remember it.

I did a search through your posts for the word "Trump" which returned 28 results, remember me telling you that? And do you remember how many of those posts were you either replying to me or talking about me? I counted 24. That's some going for someone who said this:

Yesterday I posted a thread about the Peterborough Election investigations (since deleted) and it took 13 replies for someone to actually express any interest in the topic. Between then and the first post i had dsr whining that there was already a thread about it and linked the old thread (not without criticising me for posting in that old thread and not bumping it instead of posting a new one), another poster following up on dsr's whine. There was tim_noone asking me if i live in Peterborough now, as if that somehow mattered. I had Lord Rothbury declaring that the thread was all about me (i get this a lot) and then you show up and vomit all over it by replying to dsr and explaining that the reason for the duplicate thread was because i wanted to be the person who started the thread, because of what and awful attention seeker i clearly must be. The first person to show any interest in the topic was quickenthetempo who asked me what it said because his ad blocker interfered with him reading it.
And this isn't unusual.

Have you ever done a search of your own posts for the word Trump ? Go on just for fun do it and come back with the score. I fully admit to finding it hard to take anything you post serious when the majority of your posts on done purely to get some kind of reaction of anyone who you can then argue with. A bit like the reply that will come to this.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:54 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Have you ever done a search of your own posts for the word Trump ? Go on just for fun do it and come back with the score. I fully admit to finding it hard to take anything you post serious when the majority of your posts on done purely to get some kind of reaction of anyone who you can then argue with. A bit like the reply that will come to this.
Why do i need to search my own posts? Do you think I might be harassing myself, or something?

24 out of 28 posts you made that contained the word "trump" were either replies to me, or posts about me, despite your own admission that you don't care about the subject matter. That is harassment.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:01 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Why do i need to search my own posts? Do you think I might be harassing myself, or something?

24 out of 28 posts you made that contained the word "trump" were either replies to me, or posts about me, despite your own admission that you don't care about the subject matter. That is harassment.
And if you have made 24 - 30 posts about Trump, then you could argue everytime you have mentioned Trump I have replied. If the answer is say over 1000 then it is hardly ever a response to you. I also told you that you were the one who made things personal, You keep playing the victim though.

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:03 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Yesterday I posted a thread about the Peterborough Election investigations (since deleted) and it took 13 replies for someone to actually express any interest in the topic. Between then and the first post i had dsr whining that there was already a thread about it and linked the old thread (not without criticising me for posting in that old thread and not bumping it instead of posting a new one), another poster following up on dsr's whine. There was tim_noone asking me if i live in Peterborough now, as if that somehow mattered. I had Lord Rothbury declaring that the thread was all about me (i get this a lot) and then you show up and vomit all over it by replying to dsr and explaining that the reason for the duplicate thread was because i wanted to be the person who started the thread, because of what and awful attention seeker i clearly must be. The first person to show any interest in the topic was quickenthetempo who asked me what it said because his ad blocker interfered with him reading it.
And this isn't unusual.
It wasn't a "whine", it was a straightforward statement that there was already a thread, and that you had made multiple posts on it, and yet appeared to have forgotten about it.

If it helps, it is convention on this board that you don't have two threads about the same thing, within reasonable limits. Your post was a direct follow-up to the thread already there, so it should have been posted on it. That's not a "whine", it's an elucidation of the rules in case you don't already know.

People disagree with you, so you swear at them and say rude things to them. That's why so many people don't like you.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:09 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote: I fully admit to finding it hard to take anything you post serious when the majority of your posts on done purely to get some kind of reaction of anyone who you can then argue with.
And you're going to have to explain this one to me, because it's a common theme among my critics that I only post stuff to get reactions or to start arguments.

You said the "majority" of my posts are this, so i politely request that you provide 3 examples that you feel are typical posts that I only post to get "reactions" and "arguments" from. It shouldn't be difficult if there's so many.

I'm going to preempt any reply, because i don't think you're going to bother providing any examples, and just explain what it is you're doing when you accuse me of that. It's similar to when Damo calls me a virtue-signaller at every turn. Your accusation is intended to undermine the points i make and opinions i share without actually engaging in anything i say. You're attempting to tell other people that they don't have to take seriously my point of view because, as per your accusation, I don't actually hold the opinion i'm expressing. When Damo does that he's saying i'm doing it just to look virtuous. When you do it you're saying i'm just saying things i don't believe in order to provoke anger or start arguments. It's pathetic.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:12 am

dsr wrote:It wasn't a "whine", it was a straightforward statement that there was already a thread, and that you had made multiple posts on it, and yet appeared to have forgotten about it.

If it helps, it is convention on this board that you don't have two threads about the same thing, within reasonable limits. Your post was a direct follow-up to the thread already there, so it should have been posted on it. That's not a "whine", it's an elucidation of the rules in case you don't already know.

People disagree with you, so you swear at them and say rude things to them. That's why so many people don't like you.
Nah. It was a whine.
And obviously i hadn't forgotten about it, otherwise i wouldn't have posted the thread i did. I just didn't go looking for it, that's all. Sometimes I don't put in the extra effort. Not that I owe you any kind of explanation.

This is hilarious on it's own, because in the past i've been criticised for bumping old threads with new information. But hey, i never really expected you people to be consistent with your whining.

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:13 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Nah. It was a whine.
And obviously i hadn't forgotten about it, otherwise i wouldn't have posted the thread i did. I just didn't go looking for it, that's all. Sometimes I don't put in the extra effort. Not that I owe you any kind of explanation.
You make the mods put in the extra effort instead. No need to make things easier for them, is there? :roll:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:16 am

dsr wrote:You make the mods put in the extra effort instead. No need to make things easier for them, is there? :roll:
They banned me for a month for "bickering" because they couldn't be arsed to actually look at my posts and see that i was countering someone elses racist arguments. They don't deserve my effort.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:51 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:If you have a habit of name calling people, telling them their opinion or view is dumb or thick along with calling them dumb and a whole host of the names and insults is it really a shock when people eventually decide to give him some back?

To be fair, Ringo rarely posts anything of substance that’s worth addressing seriously, and he clearly loves the attention. If I thought for a second that he felt bullied, I would stop addressing his posts (apart from pointing out any blatant lies) immediately. As it is, though, it’s a mutually beneficial arrangement - I (and others) enjoy taking the p*ss out of him and he enjoys all the attention he gets.

IT’s posts, on the other hand, are usually full of substance (along with a dash of his fairly confrontational style), but the substance is very rarely addressed by folk like you, who just attack the poster or his style instead.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:52 am

Greenmile wrote:To be fair, Ringo rarely posts anything of substance that’s worth addressing seriously, and he clearly loves the attention. If I thought for a second that he felt bullied, I would stop addressing his posts (apart from pointing out any blatant lies) immediately. As it is, though, it’s a mutually beneficial arrangement - I (and others) enjoy taking the p*ss out of him and he enjoys all the attention he gets.

IT’s posts, on the other hand, are usually full of substance (along with a dash of his fairly confrontational style), but the substance is very rarely addressed by folk like you, who just attack the poster or his style instead.

Course it is

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:06 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Course it is
Thanks for proving my point so succinctly.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Your obsession with IT virtue signalling is weird. I wouldn’t have you down as one of the bullies but you are obviously displaying a lack of ability to debate when you resort to that comment practically every time he posts. I find it very unlikely that people like yourself can actually disagree with everything that IT posts, I find it far more likely that you see his name and ‘play the man instead of the ball’, so to speak.
It's not really an obsession. I get that you probably haven't noticed this one, as it doesn't concern you, but if you are really, really bored, have a look through his posts at the number of times he mentions my name on threads that I have not posted on regardarding me accusing people of virtue Signalling.
I only use the term occasionally to set him off, so I suppose I am guilty of mischief in that respect. But I certainly dont follow him around the board, arguing with him for the sake of it, and there are more occasions that i agree with him than disagree. Even if i dont post my support

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Stop and search is fine with me. Police are just doing their jobs. I’d be stopped and searched as I’ve nothing to hide. Let’s keep the streets safe. A blind man on a galloping horse can see some of the issues there. Disenfranchised youths, culture integration, and no respect for property, law and order or the neighbourhood. Don’t know anywhere else where I get carved up as much or boy raced by cars with blacked out windows with similar type of occupants.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Damo wrote:It's not really an obsession. I get that you probably haven't noticed this one, as it doesn't concern you, but if you are really, really bored, have a look through his posts at the number of times he mentions my name on threads that I have not posted on regardarding me accusing people of virtue Signalling.
I only use the term occasionally to set him off, so I suppose I am guilty of mischief in that respect. But I certainly dont follow him around the board, arguing with him for the sake of it, and there are more occasions that i agree with him than disagree. Even if i dont post my support
I'll help you out here, rileybobs, Damo is referring to the few days about a month ago where i prefaced every single post i made with "At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by Damo, " which was in response to Damo repeatedly accusing me of virtue-signalling without cause.

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:46 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I'll help you out here, rileybobs, Damo is referring to the few days about a month ago where i prefaced every single post i made with "At the risk of being accused of virtue-signalling by Damo, " which was in response to Damo repeatedly accusing me of virtue-signalling without cause.
You was at it just a few days ago on the Tommy Robinson thread
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 6#p1046876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Took me about 10 seconds to find

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:53 pm

I did a search of your posts, Damo, to see how many other people you refer to as virtue-signaller on here. Presumably if you're not just harassing me with it then there'll be plenty of other times where other posters have been subject to this stupid little accusation of yours

Here are my immediate findings based on keyword search "virtue"

Damo wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11682732
Unfortunately it's difficult to separate the far left nutcases are are capable of doing things like this, from the ones who just hang around football message boards, giving people the feeling they would if they preferred action over the expression of virtue
in reply to me in the "C4 Conservative Leader debate" thread
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... e#p1032441" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Damo wrote:Telling everyone on here that you care about Moffits mental health, when you actually couldn't care less is Virtue Signalling
in reply to me in the "Boris the Bullet Dodger" thread
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... e#p1025663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Damo wrote:I'm not implying you are mentally I'll.
I'm implying you are a virtue signaller
in reply to me in the "Boris the Bullet Dodger" thread
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... e#p1024765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Damo wrote:You didnt have to join the violent facists. You could of gone with the peaceful rotten egg throwers, like you implied in the other thread.
Not sure why you think me suggesting you put action before expression of virtue, means you have to join the groups that beat up elderly people?
in reply to me in the "Brexit: The Naked Truth" thread
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... e#p1021869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Damo wrote:Can you ask your friends if turtle ever does anything pro-active about anything he preaches about on here, or if hes just a virtue signaller
in reference to me in the "feminism" thread
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... ue#p967571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Damo wrote:Read the links again
The electoral commission dont decide who has broken laws.
They are an "independant" body who put forward an opinion.
The high court said leave broke the law, and given that remain broke the same rules, we can only assume that remain would face the same verdict if the (incompetent according to a leading remainer) think tank investigated remain the same way they investigated leave.
To use your silly analogy.
If Cardiff played Burnley. Both teams committed the same offence during a game. The Welsh FA report Burnley to UEFA for the offence but not Cardiff. UEFA confirm Burnley acted against the law of the game (but didnt do anything about it as it was quite trivial and 6 of one and half a dozen of the other) and would of concluded the same thing about Cardiff had they reported them too.
You can argue semantics Imploding Turtle style all you like, but to make out Remain as being some bastion of truth and virtue just makes you look a bit silly. (That and quoting the idiot, children's poem writer)
in reply to Greenmile in the "Brexit: The Naked Truth" thread (note how i still get a mention even when the reply is to someone else. lol.)
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 2&p=960460" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Damo wrote:
IMG_20181213_141518.jpg
in reply to me in the "Living on the Streets" thread.
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... ue#p888325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And just in case you think i'm being selective here, out of the 19 results, those are ALL the times you yourself used the word "virtue". And every single one of them was a reply to me except one, which you still managed to mention me in anyway.

I could look up other keywords, like "virtue-signaller", "virtue-signalling" etc. but i think this makes it pretty clear already that your use of this term is targeted to pretty much just one person, and we have a word for that. A few, actually.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:55 pm

Damo wrote:You was at it just a few days ago on the Tommy Robinson thread
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 6#p1046876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Took me about 10 seconds to find
So you think i'm harassing you because one time a week ago i mocked your harassment of me?

And anyway, why didn't you accuse him of virtue-signalling? You accused me of that for my refusal to attend a protest, so why didn't you accuse him for his refusal to attend one? You clearly knew i'd made the post and yet you refrained from throwing the term at him. Why, Damo? Why? Tell us why, Damo.

Local cricketer
Been Liked: 412 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by Local cricketer » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:00 pm

Apparently it's all to do with a road rage incident 4 months ago. Pull the other one

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:35 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I don’t follow. Which other poster gets a number of personal attacks totally unrelated to the subject in hand after posting a perfectly sensible point on a thread?
Anybody that just happens to have a different world view to that of Imploding Turtle's Head!

More often than not bursting with *******'s

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:32 am

A man arrested on 2 counts of attempted murder, whilst his victims are still in a serious condition in hospital.

19 years of age was mentioned, but didnt catch if that was the man arrested or the victims.

I heard the victim(s) had something chopped off.
( wouldn't say that's the attempted murder bit though)

Sounds very nasty, although it's an isolated incident between 2 groups, unlikely to effect the general public.
Last edited by MACCA on Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:04 pm

No one has a problem with anyone giving as good as they get. Ringo regularly makes fun of peoples usernames with childishness, so why would you complain when others return the favour?
Damo wrote:Changing a couple of letters in his username to turn it into something really childish etc.
RingoMcCartney wrote:Anybody that just happens to have a different world view to that of Imploding Turtle's Head!
Damo wrote: Accusing him of being drunk.
RingoMcCartney wrote:Jean Claude Drunker
If I followed you around on here, constantly sniped at you, constantly accused you of not really holding the opinions you expressed, constantly tried to derail any discussion you tried to have, constantly replied to your posts attacking you on topics you've expressed that you aren't interested in, constantly speculated about your personal life for the purpose of encouraging others to mock you, then no one would have a problem with you doing it to me. But I don't do any of that, to anyone, because I have a conscience.

For the couple of days when i was prefacing every post with the warning that i risked being accused of virtue-signalling by you, what did you think about that? Annoyed? Pathetic? Mocked? Bullied? Harassed? Whatever you thought of it realise this: that's how you looks to the rest of us, but all the time.

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:32 pm

MACCA wrote:A man arrested on 2 counts of attempted murder, whilst his victims are still in a serious condition in hospital.

19 years of age was mentioned, but didnt catch if that was the man arrested or the victims.

I heard the victim(s) had something chopped off.
( wouldn't say that's the attented murder but though)

Sounds very nasty, although it's an isolated incident between 2 groups, unlikely to effect the general public.
Unless of course you happen to live in that area or be innocently passing by. Looking at the photos of the scene, it is just a few yards further up Brunswick Street from the house Mr & Mrs Eli and their 2 lads lived in, albeit many years ago. I wonder if they will use the same defence as the guy is trying in Accrington - it was all self defence and I didn't realize that what I had in my hand was a dangerous machete (ahem, even though after I had buried it in the father's head that ultimately killed him, I also attacked his son and caused severe injuries to his hands)

Makes me thankful I left Nelson nearly 30 years ago, even if it was to move in with my psychotic ex wife....... :(

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:For the couple of days when i was prefacing every post with the warning that i risked being accused of virtue-signalling by you, what did you think about that? Annoyed? Pathetic? Mocked? Bullied? Harassed? Whatever you thought of it realise this: that's how you looks to the rest of us, but all the time.
I felt a bit sorry for you to be honest.
Well, I found it really funny at first, but then I realized that you must have some other issues that I dont know about.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:05 pm

Damo wrote:I felt a bit sorry for you to be honest.
Well, I found it really funny at first, but then I realized that you must have some other issues that I dont know about.
Right. And that was just for a couple of days, imagine the rest of us feeling like that about you but all the time. Maybe you should seek help.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:26 pm

Greenmile wrote:To be fair, Ringo rarely posts anything of substance that’s worth addressing seriously, and he clearly loves the attention. If I thought for a second that he felt bullied, I would stop addressing his posts (apart from pointing out any blatant lies) immediately. As it is, though, it’s a mutually beneficial arrangement - I (and others) enjoy taking the p*ss out of him and he enjoys all the attention he gets.

You taking the p out of me!?

You recently claimed I was a misogynist and then made a post that was dripping with lazy assumptions and subconscious bias about other posters gender.

Oh how I , and probably others , laughed! Comedy Gold!
This user liked this post: Greenmile

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:29 pm

For what it's worth I reckon Greenmile could easily be Imploding Turtle's Head.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:33 pm

Herts Clarets wrote:Unless of course you happen to live in that area or be innocently passing by.
One of many reasons I do not go to that area unless absolutely necessary.

I certainly wouldn't move to that area or walk around the streets at night etc.

thomaspaine
Been Liked: 83 times
Has Liked: 362 times

Post by thomaspaine » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:44 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Because there are plenty of perfectly legal possessions a person might want to keep private. This police power is yet another attack on individual freedoms in the name of "public safety", and like every other infringement it will inevitably be misused.
Its just a minor inconvenience. Not ideal but if it helps keep the streets safe then no probs.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:49 pm

thomaspaine wrote:Its just a minor inconvenience. Not ideal but if it helps keep the streets safe then no probs.
You need a new username.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:04 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:You taking the p out of me!?

You recently claimed I was a misogynist and then made a post that was dripping with lazy assumptions and subconscious bias about other posters gender.

Oh how I , and probably others , laughed! Comedy Gold!
For anyone who missed it, the exchange Ringo’s referring to starts at post 18 on this link - http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... t#p1018738" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - the best bit is the way he thinks I’ve fallen into his cunning trap at post 40

I think the link above also serves well to prove my previous point that the “bullying” of Ringo tends to be a bit more lighthearted than speculating on someone’s private life, for example, and - more importantly - Ringo clearly loves the attention and genuinely believes he’s coming out on top of these exchanges, so everyone’s a winner.

Ringo - if you don’t get any enjoyment out of exchanges like the one in the link above or feel in any way bullied you just have to let me know and - with a heavy heart, because I do enjoy it - I’d be willing to block you so it doesn’t happen again. I reckon you “and probably others” enjoy laughing at my “lazy assumptions and subconscious bias” too much to take me up on this offer, though.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:07 pm

Top Claret wrote:I can see me getting a ban for the above comment but it is a fact
Need to sort out their driving too
I rarely get from M65 Lomeshaye
Turn off to Home, up Halifax Rd towards Harle Syke, without witnessing very dangerous driving, speeding, jumping red lights including bombing up the outside of cars parked at red lights, & undertaking.
In fact probably a fifth of the times I come off at Lomeshaye they bomb up in the Lane to go onto the industrial estate but cut across towards Nelson and then they weave in and out of the two lanes by B&Q, like it’s a racing track.
They do about 50 up residential streets.
Stop and drug testing would help

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2235 times
Has Liked: 2139 times

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:15 pm

MACCA wrote:You must live somewhere significantly better than Burnley to say that?
:lol: if that's the criteria of being able to criticise Nelson, then I think a resident of Mogadishu could have their own say...

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:19 pm

BleedingClaret wrote:Need to sort out their driving too
I rarely get from M65 Lomeshaye
Turn off to Home, up Halifax Rd towards Harle Syke, without witnessing very dangerous driving, speeding, jumping red lights including bombing up the outside of cars parked at red lights, & undertaking.
In fact probably a fifth of the times I come off at Lomeshaye they bomb up in the Lane to go onto the industrial estate but cut across towards Nelson and then they weave in and out of the two lanes by B&Q, like it’s a racing track.
They do about 50 up residential streets.
Stop and drug testing would help
The police struggle with regular stop and testing.

I recall they had a stop and check of cars in Nelson town centre a number of years ago.
They were allegedly accused of racism, much to their amusement because they had police officers on hand to deal with that complaint if it arose.

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 436 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:44 pm

MACCA wrote:One of many reasons I do not go to that area unless absolutely necessary.

I certainly wouldn't move to that area or walk around the streets at night etc.
The area this happened in is not really rough at all, you’d have no trouble walking around there normally. Obviously something has happened previously and the area has been the flash point of the revenge (or second revenge as they case may be).

After the court case we will see where the people live who are involved, I’d be surprised if many/any were from the area it happened in. There’s a small industrial estate at the top of the street - I’d guess that’s where the trouble had been.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:48 pm

Rumbletonk wrote:You must live somewhere significantly better than Burnley to say that

CoolClaret wrote:
:lol: if that's the criteria of being able to criticise Nelson, then I think a resident of Mogadishu could have their own say...
I couldn't be arsed, so rumbletonk, meet CoolClaret.
Feel free to discuss
Last edited by MACCA on Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:01 pm

He's folded...

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:13 pm

What’s the big deal ? If Asian men are committing most of the crime (drugs etc) it’s reasonable to stop and search them. Just like the many black areas in London with high crime rates . None seems to care if they stop and search in say a white ghetto like Liverpool

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:15 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:He's folded...
I didn't really have the time. Also love island is on now, so can't really stay on.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:18 pm

That explains a lot. ;)

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:18 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:What’s the big deal ? If Asian men are committing most of the crime (drugs etc) it’s reasonable to stop and search them. Just like the many black areas in London with high crime rates . None seems to care if they stop and search in say a white ghetto like Liverpool
Something about racism.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:23 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:That explains a lot. ;)

I cant do 3 things at once?

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:07 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Imagine if that was true. You'd be mocking someone for their mental illness.
Bit harsh saying being in the closet is a disability.