Stop and search coming to Nelson

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Re: Stop and search coming to Nelson

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:24 pm

Can’t they just raze Nelson to the ground and build a dual carriageway through it? Reminds me a bit of a small Luton , horrible sh1thole ,though I’ve no doubt the outskirts can be pleasant. Last time I drove through seemed to be just kebab houses, prossies and gangs of Asian lads screeching around in cars .

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:37 pm

Greenmile wrote:For anyone who missed it, the exchange Ringo’s referring to starts at post 18 on this link - http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... t#p1018738" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - the best bit is the way he thinks I’ve fallen into his cunning trap at post 40

I think the link above also serves well to prove my previous point that the “bullying” of Ringo tends to be a bit more lighthearted than speculating on someone’s private life, for example, and - more importantly - Ringo clearly loves the attention and genuinely believes he’s coming out on top of these exchanges, so everyone’s a winner.

Ringo - if you don’t get any enjoyment out of exchanges like the one in the link above or feel in any way bullied you just have to let me know and - with a heavy heart, because I do enjoy it - I’d be willing to block you so it doesn’t happen again. I reckon you “and probably others” enjoy laughing at my “lazy assumptions and subconscious bias” too much to take me up on this offer, though.
I know it's a repeat , but if it's good enough for the BBC-

Greenmile wrote:FFS - do I really have to break things down into terms a toddler would understand?

OK - The reason is that the large majority of posters on here are male, and you know this. Referring to a group of men as “lads” is not pejorative. Referring to them as “ladies” is both a pejorative and shows you up as a misogynist. I’m really not sure I can make this any simpler for you.

Why do you think you use the word “ladies” like you do? If you think it’s just a joke, please explain why the joke is funny (ie how it works as a joke).

The large majority of posters on here are male and you know it"
RingoMcCartney wrote:Do I know it"!!!!!!!??????

Do you "know it"!!!!!!!!?????

The one and only thing that you and I actually know is there posting name. TVC15, Greenmile, Lancaster claret, Martin_p, ZizkovClaret, aggi, burnley Ace, Iwillveyourwill, imploding Turtle (or any of their aliases!)
There is nothing, absolutely nothing, to suggest their gender.

You're making lazy assumptions.

How do you know what gender I am? Ringo and Paul McCartney are both male. Doesn't necessarily follow that because I've chosen a name based on theirs that one should, in a misogynistic way, assume, therfore that I am does it.

Youre making lazy stereotypical, assumptions about the gender and background of people.

You, Greenmile, are the misogynist by displaying clear and unambiguous, unconscious bias in assuming that , somehow, I'm addressing males.

It's utterly sexist and misogynistic to make the lazy assumption that "ladies" is being used pejoratively when I'm using it as a term of endearment. 

You believing that "ladies" can be used as a derogatory or pejorative term when I I'm addressing people of whom I nor you, can have no idea of their gender. Yet believing "lads" would be. Shows there's only one misogynist here.

You.
Happy days Greenmile, happy days! :lol:

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:13 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:I know it's a repeat , but if it's good enough for the BBC-

Happy days Greenmile, happy days! :lol:
Thanks for proving my point.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:48 am

Greenmile wrote:Thanks for proving my point.

:lol: :lol:

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:14 am

BleedingClaret wrote:Need to sort out their driving too
I rarely get from M65 Lomeshaye
Turn off to Home, up Halifax Rd towards Harle Syke, without witnessing very dangerous driving, speeding, jumping red lights including bombing up the outside of cars parked at red lights, & undertaking.
In fact probably a fifth of the times I come off at Lomeshaye they bomb up in the Lane to go onto the industrial estate but cut across towards Nelson and then they weave in and out of the two lanes by B&Q, like it’s a racing track.
They do about 50 up residential streets.
Stop and drug testing would help
Not Burnley area this time but more idiots in their fast cars causing serious injury. Reading news stories like this it makes you wonder where these morons get their money to buy their flash cars

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-49041165

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:45 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:Not Burnley area this time but more idiots in their fast cars causing serious injury. Reading news stories like this it makes you wonder where these morons get their money to buy their flash cars

They get them on finance usually.
As a result they'll normally sit around in carparks spanking one out over their cars, and their mates cars, because they'll have shiny wheels, loud exhausts and stereos.

Most of them generally can't drive for toss at any real speed because they're usually not brave enough to rag around in a car on finance and run the risk of smashing it up.
It's been like this for about 20 years when main dealers initially started offering cars on finance with a years insurance thrown in, so the boy racers started getting their hot hatches on finance.

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:21 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Not Burnley area this time but more idiots in their fast cars causing serious injury. Reading news stories like this it makes you wonder where these morons get their money to buy their flash cars

This happened not far from where I work and live, relatively speaking. They are not usually what I would class as "flash" cars. More often they are hatchback cars that have spoilers, big bore exhausts, wide wheels and tyres, lowered suspension, 3 points harnesses and tuned engines. They all usually meet up at a retail park, lift their bonnets and knock one out over Tyler and his £2k Astra with £5k worth of modifications to it. They then exit these retail park with wheels spinning and a load of noise. Last night, the inevitable happened. The organisers are pleading innocence, we are not boy racers etc. Whilst driving cars modified purely to make them look and behave like a racing car. I am guessing they had no licence for the event last night, no liability insurance and are about to find themselves in more than a spot of bother.