Padiham CC Saturday

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Re: Padiham CC Saturday

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:24 pm

As mentioned above I think most at the House are happy enough with Oki's batting, calm and quite measured that it usually is, rather than bish, bash bosh, but I suspect they're looking for someone who offers a bit more threat with the ball.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:37 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:As mentioned above I think most at the House are happy enough with Oki's batting, calm and quite measured that it usually is, rather than bish, bash bosh, but I suspect they're looking for someone who offers a bit more threat with the ball.
I was told nobody has ever got more than 3 years down there.

Stop them getting to familiar.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am

I actually don't think that's true. I know there might be some pro's who could get complacent if they simply felt they were going to be renewed year on year or they got too "matey" with other players, especially the skipper, but I don't think House (or any other club) have a "policy" about length of stay.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:39 am

Dark Cloud wrote:I actually don't think that's true. I know there might be some pro's who could get complacent if they simply felt they were going to be renewed year on year or they got too "matey" with other players, especially the skipper, but I don't think House (or any other club) have a "policy" about length of stay.
Here's the list, a couple have had 4 years.
https://www.lowerhousecc.com/past-professionals/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was told Clitheroe had a 3yr rule but it's chat at the side of a cricket pitch not in the committee room.

Hopey
Been Liked: 213 times
Has Liked: 156 times

Post by Hopey » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:55 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:Here's the list, a couple have had 4 years.
https://www.lowerhousecc.com/past-professionals/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was told Clitheroe had a 3yr rule but it's chat at the side of a cricket pitch not in the committee room.
There’s no such rule.