Boris

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 769 times

Re: Boris

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:00 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:True in the main, he also post things to get a reaction and resorts to insults and swearing to things he doesn't like or agree with very quickly as well.
Please tell me I've not just seen claretonthecoast criticise someone for insulting others.

It's literally all you do on this message board. As soon as you see a post you don't like you're in there like a tramp on chips, personally attacking them.
These 2 users liked this post: Swizzlestick Greenmile

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Post by Greenmile » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:02 pm

Rowls wrote:Rowls like this.

The stars are back in abundance and you haven't -presumably- even bothered to google what demos means.

I tip my hat to you sir, for your gumption at posting so brazenly whilst admitting you haven't even understood my point.

Well done.

10/10
I know this one. “Demos” means people (from the Ancient Greek).

So what you appear to be saying is that you don’t believe the citizens of the EU (presumably including those whose hospitality you are enjoying) are people.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:03 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Don't worry about it. It shows you're human. A self confessed misogynist prone to making lazy assumptions and blatant subconscious bias . But still, a human.
The projection is strong in this one.

Have you worked out the point of my last couple of posts on this thread (excepting my recent reply to Rowls) yet Ringo? I’ll explain it to you if you ask, but only if you ask nicely.

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 589 times

Post by rob63 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:08 pm

AndrewJB wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng ... t-he-meant

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/07/f ... ry-speech/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No substance - just like he was as mayor of London. Just hot air.

Curious though what Leave supporters took from this? He's going to deliver brexit, but apart from talking about a 'can do' spirit, and energising the country, there's no meat and potatoes on the plate. He must have a plan, and I can understand why he might be keeping it close to his chest at present, but he appears to have promised everything to everyone, and from my perspective, the numbers just don't add up. Either it's a very cunning plan, or he's really just going to put his head down and charge into it, flailing blindly.
We've seen him charge into things, flailing blindly before
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-345309 ... ting-slips" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best not to mention what he does with his meat & potatoes ;)

ClaretSteve
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 22 times

Post by ClaretSteve » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Why is it that you're allowed to just make this kind of accusation on here when you know it's blatantly false? Wasn't there a big hoo-ha-ha at Christmas about someone posting lies about others? I missed what it was about but it earned the forum a sticky post called "Posting libel on this forum", or something similar.
Coming from you?

Hahahahaha

More tears please
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:18 pm

Greenmile wrote:The projection is strong in this one.

Have you worked out the point of my last couple of posts on this thread (excepting my recent reply to Rowls) yet Ringo? I’ll explain it to you if you ask, but only if you ask nicely.
Get over yourself.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:19 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Get over yourself.
You’re going to have to ask more nicely than that, I’m afraid.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:26 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Why is it that you're allowed to just make this kind of accusation on here when you know it's blatantly false? Wasn't there a big hoo-ha-ha at Christmas about someone posting lies about others? I missed what it was about but it earned the forum a sticky post called "Posting libel on this forum", or something similar.
Greenmile wrote: OK - The reason is that the large majority of posters on here are male, and you know this. Referring to a group of men as “lads” is not pejorative. Referring to them as “ladies” is both a pejorative and shows you up as a misogynist( PROJECTION ALERT). I’m really not sure I can make this any simpler for you.

Why do you think you use the word “ladies” like you do? If you think it’s just a joke, please explain why the joke is funny (ie how it works as a joke).

The large majority of posters on here are male and you know it" .
Lazy assumptions and blatant subconscious bias.
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:28 pm

This board is becoming very strange basically anything is acceptable in life if it upsets someone else!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:28 pm

Any joy?

Which of this evidence that voting leave would be economically disastrous for the UK, came true?

There'd be a stock market crash

A housing market crash

An immediate and protracted recession following any vote to Leave. 

Seimans, the German engineering group would leave.

That 18 months after any vote to Leave, upto 850,000 would join the dole queue. 

A emergency budget on the morning following any vote to Leave. 

A "BREXODUS" of the brightest and most talented workers.

"Confidence in the UK economy would evaporate over night" Alistair Darling

The hundreds of thousands of financial jobs in the City of London would up sticks and move to Europe. 

Nissan would Leave 

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:32 pm

Greenmile wrote:You’re going to have to ask more nicely than that, I’m afraid.
Please see my previous reply. Which will also be my next should you continue down the conversational cul de sac.

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:32 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Any joy?

Which of this evidence that voting leave would be economically disastrous for the UK, came true?

There'd be a stock market crash

A housing market crash

An immediate and protracted recession following any vote to Leave. 

Seimans, the German engineering group would leave.

That 18 months after any vote to Leave, upto 850,000 would join the dole queue. 

A emergency budget on the morning following any vote to Leave. 

A "BREXODUS" of the brightest and most talented workers.

"Confidence in the UK economy would evaporate over night" Alistair Darling

The hundreds of thousands of financial jobs in the City of London would up sticks and move to Europe. 

Nissan would Leave 

Ringo McCartney will still be a virgin
The last one.

;)

Do excuse my sense of humour Ringo, it's hot out there today. You should open your curtains and have a look!
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:37 pm

ksrclaret wrote:The last one.

;)

Do excuse my sense of humour Ringo, it's hot out there today. You should open your curtains and have a look!
Fair play!

I've been fortunate to be out in the sun pretty much all day.

My kids would argue that you're wrong! Well the oldest 2 anyway. ;)

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3083 times
Has Liked: 5064 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:38 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Talking to people like you is like trying to explain basic concepts to a brick wall.
This level of wilful stupidity is why i gave up trying to help you people how you're wrong about some things. "They need us more than we need them" is still a core belief for you people, isn't it?
No we need each other, but we dont need to be bloody married. If you think the EU can get along fine without our trade, and without our 39 billion you've got your head stuck up somewhere dark and smelly.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:38 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:My kids would argue that you're wrong! Well the oldest 2 anyway. ;)
Elton John has got two kids! ;)

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:41 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Fair play!

I've been fortunate to be out in the sun pretty much all day.

My kids would argue that you're wrong! Well the oldest 2 anyway. ;)
Fortunate? Good god man, I always knew you were a lunatic.

I've been trying to avoid this heat all day. I don't do well with temperatures above 20. Doesn't bode well for my summer holiday next week.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:43 pm

aggi wrote:Does the same not apply to us? We can't take that 45% of trade (I assume you mean exports here) and send it elsewhere? Or are we different?
Of course it applies to us, which is why a deal will be done. Even if it takes us leaving without one first. A deal would have been done already if the EU had actually believed that we would go. We have brought this on ourselves with the remain moaners, and the limp wrists in Parliament
Until then we can still trade, only it will be under WTO legislation.

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:49 pm

AndrewJB wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng ... t-he-meant

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/07/f ... ry-speech/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No substance - just like he was as mayor of London. Just hot air.

Curious though what Leave supporters took from this? He's going to deliver brexit, but apart from talking about a 'can do' spirit, and energising the country, there's no meat and potatoes on the plate. He must have a plan, and I can understand why he might be keeping it close to his chest at present, but he appears to have promised everything to everyone, and from my perspective, the numbers just don't add up. Either it's a very cunning plan, or he's really just going to put his head down and charge into it, flailing blindly.
Of course there's no meat on the plate. He and his mates are going to get that. And the chips. The rest of us will be living off peas and tinned tomatoes, although the peas were always ok for John Major.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank rob63

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:00 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:Of course it applies to us, which is why a deal will be done. Even if it takes us leaving without one first. A deal would have been done already if the EU had actually believed that we would go. We have brought this on ourselves with the remain moaners, and the limp wrists in Parliament
Why are you so certain there will be a deal struck, because the EU will blink before we do? For one thing the EU made more preparations for a no deal outcome than we did. For another thing, we don't have enough time to prepare for a no deal outcome at the end of October (the outgoing civil servant reckoned six months would be required). Thirdly, the EU already negotiated an exit agreement with the UK, which they've said they aren't willing to change unless the UK returns without (or with less onerous) red lines. That is all quite straightforward and easy to understand. Any deal Johnson negotiates that is different to the one May negotiated will mean the red lines have changed, or it's the same thing with the wording slightly different. The alternative to either of these will be leaving without a deal.

I don't think Johnson has the support within parliament to take us out without a deal. So we'll be left with May's deal (with some words shuffled around), or a new Johnson deal that has fewer red lines. I think he'll end up extending A50 (blaming this on Theresa May somehow), and then having a general election. What do you think?
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:01 pm

ksrclaret wrote:Fortunate? Good god man, I always knew you were a lunatic.

I've been trying to avoid this heat all day. I don't do well with temperatures above 20. Doesn't bode well for my summer holiday next week.
I've half inched my youngest's factor 50 , it's more like magnolia emulsion, and plenty of water.

I'm far to busy with work for a holiday. You have a belter for me pal
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:04 pm

Spijed wrote:Elton John has got two kids! ;)
Yeah, but it's not the same two! I am not David Furnish.

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:Of course it applies to us, which is why a deal will be done. Even if it takes us leaving without one first. A deal would have been done already if the EU had actually believed that we would go. We have brought this on ourselves with the remain moaners, and the limp wrists in Parliament
But given we'd be suffering far more than the EU looking at how much of our exports are to the EU compared to how many EU exports (or even individual countries excepting possibly Ireland) are to the UK it seems we'd be negotiating from an even weaker position.

In theory we could still trade under WTO legislation but that wouldn't include a lot of stuff such as elements of agriculture, financial services, etc

Just reading the No Deal preparations I'm not sure how well we'd do in this "who will blink first" game:

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:37 pm

ksrclaret wrote:Please tell me I've not just seen claretonthecoast criticise someone for insulting others.

It's literally all you do on this message board. As soon as you see a post you don't like you're in there like a tramp on chips, personally attacking them.
Glad somebody else pointed this out. Unreal lack of self-awareness.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:46 pm

The people of this country are waiting for Boris to deliver Brexit.
If you don't recognise yourself in this statement you are in a minority

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:50 pm

Elizabeth wrote:The people of this country are waiting for Boris to deliver Brexit.
If you don't recognise yourself in this statement you are in a minority

And as we all know, minorities should be ignored.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:55 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:And as we all know, minorities should be ignored.
Thats democracy.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:56 pm

Not if the majority are sympathetic to them

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:57 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:Thats democracy.

No. It's tyranny of the majority.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:57 pm

Which democracy is that. The one that suits you?
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

mkmel
Been Liked: 1271 times
Has Liked: 2250 times

Post by mkmel » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:01 pm

And it is a tiny minority of the population that has just elected this guy to be our Prime Minister

Is this democracy?

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:04 pm

When Boris has delivered Brexit the main opposition will be wiped out with a truly democratic vote.
The same kind of democratic vote this country had in 2016 when the majority of people voted to leave the EU despite strong opposition in London, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:13 pm

Elizabeth wrote:When Boris has delivered Brexit the main opposition will be wiped out with a truly democratic vote.
The same kind of democratic vote this country had in 2016 when the majority of people voted to leave the EU despite strong opposition in London, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Deception isn't democracy.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:17 pm

I have to say when it comes to technical knowledge in these affairs I feel out of my depth.
Lucky for me that I can wipe the floor when it comes to issues like democracy

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:35 pm

Elizabeth wrote:When Boris has delivered Brexit the main opposition will be wiped out with a truly democratic vote.
Do you wish you’d voted for Brexit?

aggi

Post by aggi » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:35 pm

If Boris delivers Brexit successfully, particularly if it involves the previously promised deal that's better than being in the EU, then he'll deserve to win a landslide GE. He may have to flesh out his current plan though, the current one is just the one that stopped tinkerbell dying.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:38 pm

mkmel wrote:And it is a tiny minority of the population that has just elected this guy to be our Prime Minister

Is this democracy?
We had the same issue when Gordon Brown took over after Blair.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:43 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:We had the same issue when Gordon Brown took over after Blair.
We did. Wonder what Johnson thought about it?

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:45 pm

Laughing here at the thought of there being genuine working class people who will support Boris Johnson just because he promises to leave the EU sooner. Weapons.
This user liked this post: LeuvenClaret

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:45 pm

I give up on what people see as democracy these days. It seems unless it matched their ideals then its not Democracy and find a way of saying a democratic vote that people considered capable in to making their own opinions can possibly be correct as someone else has a highers understanding? So may be democracy is either not what i thought it was?
This user liked this post: Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:48 pm

The 2nd referendum, that so many desperate remoaners want, wont happen. We all should know that by now if we have any sense.
In the unlikely event of it happening I think you know where my cross will go.

Remain should not be on any ballot paper. That boat has sailed as I think was the phrase you or someone with similar views told me when I opinioned that the start date of the People's Vote was contraditory to Parliamentary democracy.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:50 pm

Sooner than what? We should have already left don't you remember?

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:51 pm

aggi wrote:But given we'd be suffering far more than the EU looking at how much of our exports are to the EU compared to how many EU exports (or even individual countries excepting possibly Ireland) are to the UK it seems we'd be negotiating from an even weaker position.

In theory we could still trade under WTO legislation but that wouldn't include a lot of stuff such as elements of agriculture, financial services, etc

Just reading the No Deal preparations I'm not sure how well we'd do in this "who will blink first" game:

As a percentage of trade we do send more to europe than they do to us. BUT as to the amount we trade between each other, they still export more to us, than we do to them. The deficit is in our favour.
They could day we wont trade with you, but this is the real world. Some of those countries in Europe, in fact none of them, can afford to lose that trade. The german and french car industries would be scuppered. We can always do a private deal with Korea or Japan to import their cars. I'm not saying that is what will happen, just an example of what could happen if either side decided to be stubborn.
The EU is propped up by Germany, France and us. If we leave with no deal , and take our 39 billion with us, those 2 countries have to fill the hole. They cant afford it, and their voters would have a fit if they even tried.
It is a mess, but people who pretend we are jumping off a cliff, or that the EU could just absorb the loss of trade and money are either lying or bullshitting.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:06 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:We did. Wonder what Johnson thought about it?
https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/13/boris-jo ... n-9945489/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He had a little cry about it of course.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:13 pm

mkmel wrote:And it is a tiny minority of the population that has just elected this guy to be our Prime Minister

Is this democracy?
You are really going to hate it when you find out what % of the population elected the president of the EU
This user liked this post: morpheus2

aggi

Post by aggi » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:37 pm

Damo wrote:You are really going to hate it when you find out what % of the population elected the president of the EU
About 50% on average I seem to remember.

SonofPog
Been Liked: 158 times
Has Liked: 82 times

Post by SonofPog » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:42 pm

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/u ... brown-2007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"“It’s the arrogance. It’s the contempt. That’s what gets me. It’s Gordon Brown’s apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. It’s at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud.”

"“The extraordinary thing is that it looks as though he will now be in 10 Downing Street for three years, and without a mandate from the British people. No one elected Gordon Brown as Prime Minister…” "

What changed De Pfellel?

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:46 pm

aggi wrote:About 50% on average I seem to remember.
IMG_20190723_204312.jpg
IMG_20190723_204312.jpg (79.65 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
Screenshot_20190723-204403_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20190723-204403_Samsung Internet.jpg (434.36 KiB) Viewed 1903 times

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:48 pm

Damo wrote:You are really going to hate it when you find out what % of the population elected the president of the EU
You are really going to hate it when you find out there is no president of the EU.
This user liked this post: SonofPog

aggi

Post by aggi » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Damo wrote:
IMG_20190723_204312.jpg
And how did those people in the European Parliament get the job?

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:03 pm

And who’ll be voting to fill Johnson’s cabinet offices (like the EU Commission posts)?