Boris

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Re: Boris

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:22 am

Steve1956 wrote:Just a couple of days left till the country goes into meltdown,
FB_IMG_1563735452611.jpg
The lady with the board looks like she has walked straight out of a 70s bad hair competition. She should feel at ease with any lack of progress and change.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1489 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:36 am

Or is it Johnson, Corbyn style?

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6490 times
Has Liked: 2917 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:37 am

Bfcboyo wrote:The lady with the board looks like she has walked straight out of a 70s bad hair competition. She should feel at ease with any lack of progress and change.
Cheers buddy,that's my bit on the side,I'll pass your good wishes on. :D

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:02 am

dsr wrote:Don't modern computers have full stops and space bars? Mine must be an old-fashioned one, then.
The point is that modern computers automatically adjust the spacing after a full stop so you shouldn't double space.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:38 pm

To all those who are pretending to be happy about BJ and his new right wing cabinet because it will "make the tories lose popularity".
67220285_2338081876290040_8197253274089291776_n.jpg
67220285_2338081876290040_8197253274089291776_n.jpg (47.42 KiB) Viewed 2799 times

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:46 pm

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:47 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:To all those who are pretending to be happy about BJ and his new right wing cabinet because it will "make the tories lose popularity".
67220285_2338081876290040_8197253274089291776_n.jpg
A much, much smaller bounce than May got. How'd that work out?

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2269 times

Post by dsr » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:06 pm

aggi wrote:The point is that modern computers automatically adjust the spacing after a full stop so you shouldn't double space.
I'm glad I don't have a modern computer, then. Mine is only about 4 years old but it doesn't do that. I have a couple of word processing programs that probably have the option to do that, but none that make it compulsory.

How does the mosern computer know whether or not you want a double space, a single space, or even no space at all after a full stop?

aggi

Post by aggi » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:49 am

dsr wrote:I'm glad I don't have a modern computer, then. Mine is only about 4 years old but it doesn't do that. I have a couple of word processing programs that probably have the option to do that, but none that make it compulsory.

How does the mosern computer know whether or not you want a double space, a single space, or even no space at all after a full stop?
Well modern computer wasn't quite right, more modern word processor (and when I say modern I mean within the past 15 or 20 years).

Unless you're writing all your documents in Notepad or similar the kerning will automatically change to put the best sized space in after a letter or full stop.

You can add a double space or no space but it won't look as good. Double spacing is only for use with monospaced fonts that don't adjust their spacing.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5081 times
Has Liked: 6890 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:13 am

More well informed research results out today warning against a no deal exit. Boris and his bunch of idiots are like King Canute. He and his acolytes will still be getting paid whilst numerous people lose their jobs, I want to leave the EU due to the red tape and laws we have to adhere to plus the rise of seriously dangerous right wing parties gaining more influence but to just leave like he is to appease the blue rinse brigade in Surrey is ridiculous.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:22 am

bfcjg wrote:More well informed research results out today warning against a no deal exit. Boris and his bunch of idiots are like King Canute. He and his acolytes will still be getting paid whilst numerous people lose their jobs, I want to leave the EU due to the red tape and laws we have to adhere to plus the rise of seriously dangerous right wing parties gaining more influence but to just leave like he is to appease the blue rinse brigade in Surrey is ridiculous.
Agree with all of the above,i want to leave the EU,but we have to have an exit plan for an orderly departure,to just say we're upping sticks on Halloween come what may is reckless.

I'm curious how Boris will explain the fact that we're still likely to be an EU member on the 1st November,i guess he'll blame remainers in parliament and the EU.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:58 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:A much, much smaller bounce than May got. How'd that work out?

I think May was viewed very much as a possible “ new Maggie” about to sweep away that “ nasty left winger “ Though very quickly she’s was outed as lacking that modern day leadership pre quisite “ charisma” which she was oddly entirely devoid . Who knows what Bojo will bring to the table or whether he will make a total horses ar8e of it all , but he doesn’t lack charisma .

Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:16 pm

As I understand it Boris has 'demanded/requested' that the EU remove the backstop from the divorce settlement (withdrawal agreement). They have three options:

Refuse to remove it
Remove it
Offer a time limit on it

If they refuse to remove it or refuse to offer a time limit on it then we will probably leave with no-deal on Oct 31st.

The ball is now firmly in their court.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2269 times

Post by dsr » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:19 pm

I hope they do refuse to remove it. It's a rotten deal even without the backstop.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:29 pm

Mala591 wrote:As I understand it Boris has 'demanded/requested' that the EU remove the backstop from the divorce settlement (withdrawal agreement). They have three options:

Refuse to remove it
Remove it
Offer a time limit on it

If they refuse to remove it or refuse to offer a time limit on it then we will probably leave with no-deal on Oct 31st.

The ball is now firmly in their court.
The EU will not sell one of its member states down the river under any circumstances, especially not to appease someone like Boris Johnson. He already knows this, and is merely laying the groundwork for the inevitable schtick about the EU being uncooperative, despite the fact that the backstop covering the whole of the UK was our idea and the EU conceded this during the negotiations. A backstop that was part of a Withdrawal Agreement that Boris Johnson himself voted in favour of during the last vote in Parliament.

We only leave with no deal if we want that to happen. We have the ability to revoke article 50 right up to the exit date if we wish to avoid it. The ball is in our court. The EU have finished negotiating, and they've made this clear for some time.
This user liked this post: Heathclaret

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3341 times
Has Liked: 1962 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:37 pm

Noticed this from Johnson’s own propaganda paper.

“British farmers and manufacturers would left be defenceless against a flood of cheap imports in the event of a no-deal Brexit, The Telegraph can reveal | @pmdfoster”

Look at them with their Project Fear.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:44 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:I think May was viewed very much as a possible “ new Maggie” about to sweep away that “ nasty left winger “ Though very quickly she’s was outed as lacking that modern day leadership pre quisite “ charisma” which she was oddly entirely devoid . Who knows what Bojo will bring to the table or whether he will make a total horses ar8e of it all , but he doesn’t lack charisma .

He won't make a horses arse of it all. The disaster that he will cause will be entirely intentional, because it won't be a disaster for his real constituents - the very rich.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:49 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... eal-brexit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Raab, the man who didn't quite understand the significance of Dover as a port, and who co-authored an appalling book called "Britannia Unchained", telling us it'll be the EU's fault if we have a no deal brexit, and that it'll be easier to get a trade deal with the EU after we've done willful damage to ours and their economies by leaving without a deal. I didn't hear this radio interview, so what did he say when questioned in detail?

Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:48 pm

JohnMcGreal wrote:The EU will not sell one of its member states down the river under any circumstances, especially not to appease someone like Boris Johnson. He already knows this, and is merely laying the groundwork for the inevitable schtick about the EU being uncooperative, despite the fact that the backstop covering the whole of the UK was our idea and the EU conceded this during the negotiations. A backstop that was part of a Withdrawal Agreement that Boris Johnson himself voted in favour of during the last vote in Parliament.

We only leave with no deal if we want that to happen. We have the ability to revoke article 50 right up to the exit date if we wish to avoid it. The ball is in our court. The EU have finished negotiating, and they've made this clear for some time.
I disagree. If Boris and his new cabinet hold their nerve then (I predict) the EU will blink in the middle of October and offer us a 5 year expiry date on the backstop. This will allow SEVEN years (including 2 years for the implementation period) for alternative border arrangements to be developed.

aggi

Post by aggi » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:54 pm

The obvious compromise is that the backstop remains but it is agreed that it is judged whether the border meets the necessary criteria by an apolotical third party rather than the UK/EU.

Who that third party is is obviously the tricky bit.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1650 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:04 pm

The bit that is underestimated by Remainers and European leaders is the degree to which (thanks to the attempts to stop Brexit altogether) we have to get out at any cost, to a point where it is irreversible. Nothing else can suffice, because otherwise the Grieves of this world will win.

I had previously thought Boris was bluffing about no deal, but now I think not. We are out no matter what on Oct 31st, and it will wreck the economies of, in particular, Ireland, Germany (the latter will recover), Netherlands and France. Those leaders should be crawling to Boris, begging him to renegotiate a new WA, instead they are still standing firm. I suspect that is a huge mistake.

As I said, we have to get out thanks to the Remainiacs. So yes, we would lose economically too from no deal, but it would be worth it to Brexiteers because we’ve been forced to look into the teeth of no Brexit at all. Whereas if Brexit had been a certainty since July 2016 everyone would have insisted on a deal because there would be no risk of a betrayal. That’s the bit that is misunderstood.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:07 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:The bit that is underestimated by Remainers and European leaders is the degree to which (thanks to the attempts to stop Brexit altogether) ...
Ha. Unsubstantiated premise. P*ss off.

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 1220 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:10 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Ha. Unsubstantiated premise. P*ss off.
Why the abuse? Grow up.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:13 pm

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:Why the abuse? Grow up.
"P*ss off" is "abuse" now?

Heathclaret
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by Heathclaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:18 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:The bit that is underestimated by Remainers and European leaders is the degree to which (thanks to the attempts to stop Brexit altogether) we have to get out at any cost, to a point where it is irreversible. Nothing else can suffice, because otherwise the Grieves of this world will win.

I had previously thought Boris was bluffing about no deal, but now I think not. We are out no matter what on Oct 31st, and it will wreck the economies of, in particular, Ireland, Germany (the latter will recover), Netherlands and France. Those leaders should be crawling to Boris, begging him to renegotiate a new WA, instead they are still standing firm. I suspect that is a huge mistake.

As I said, we have to get out thanks to the Remainiacs. So yes, we would lose economically too from no deal, but it would be worth it to Brexiteers because we’ve been forced to look into the teeth of no Brexit at all. Whereas if Brexit had been a certainty since July 2016 everyone would have insisted on a deal because there would be no risk of a betrayal. That’s the bit that is misunderstood.
The Leaders of Holland and France should go crawling to Boris?

For what?

Are you feeling unwell?

Boris, who’s making promises he can’t keep. Where will all the money come from for him to deliver, leaving the EU and the spurious claim that we will save money, or from selling the NHS to the Americans?

Clue: It’s not the former.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:37 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:The bit that is underestimated by Remainers and European leaders is the degree to which (thanks to the attempts to stop Brexit altogether) we have to get out at any cost, to a point where it is irreversible. Nothing else can suffice, because otherwise the Grieves of this world will win.

You missed out one of the economies it will wreck. Ours.
These 2 users liked this post: Tall Paul Greenmile

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:39 pm

Wow, crosspool knows what’s better for some countries than the leaders of those countries.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:59 pm

This has to be a parody account at this stage. There's no way someone genuinely believes that stream of nonsense that's been posted.
This user liked this post: Tall Paul

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3080 times
Has Liked: 5056 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:59 pm

JohnMcGreal wrote:The EU will not sell one of its member states down the river under any circumstances, especially not to appease someone like Boris Johnson. He already knows this, and is merely laying the groundwork for the inevitable schtick about the EU being uncooperative, despite the fact that the backstop covering the whole of the UK was our idea and the EU conceded this during the negotiations. A backstop that was part of a Withdrawal Agreement that Boris Johnson himself voted in favour of during the last vote in Parliament.

It wasn't our idea, it was Mays idea. It's been rejected 3 times you know, and not just by the right wing of the Tory party. Boris voted for it, even though he didn't like the backstop, because he believed it would at least get us out of the EU.
I have no crystal ball, so don't know wether he will succeed in getting a deal or not, but the rhetoric coming from Bojo and the new government, is the rhetoric we should have been hearing 3 years ago. Proper planning, for a no deal. Open industries and the publics eyes to what a no deal actually means, rather than the lemmings jumping off cliffs version the remainers love to paint. Letting the EU know that if they want to build a border across Ireland it's up to them, but we won't be building any barriers. Letting it be clear that if we do leave without a deal, the 39 billion will not be paid, and will be used to support any British businesses hit by the transition. Making sure that businesses know what forms and paperwork will be required if we leave on WTO terms.
This isn't genius, just common sense, and despite misgivings on Boris, so far he has said exactly the right things to the right people. I hope he can keep it up.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:03 pm

Boris got a beautiful welcome in Edinburgh. Just beautiful.

https://twitter.com/davemacladd/status/ ... 76000?s=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aggi

Post by aggi » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:04 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:so far he has said exactly the right things to the right people.
This is exactly what I expected from Johnson, he's great at saying the right things to the right people (so good in fact that often the things he says to different people are entirely different).

Where he hasn't proven himself is carrying out those things.
This user liked this post: tiger76

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:05 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:It wasn't our idea, it was Mays idea. It's been rejected 3 times you know, and not just by the right wing of the Tory party. Boris voted for it, even though he didn't like the backstop, because he believed it would at least get us out of the EU.
I have no crystal ball, so don't know wether he will succeed in getting a deal or not, but the rhetoric coming from Bojo and the new government, is the rhetoric we should have been hearing 3 years ago. Proper planning, for a no deal. Open industries and the publics eyes to what a no deal actually means, rather than the lemmings jumping off cliffs version the remainers love to paint. Letting the EU know that if they want to build a border across Ireland it's up to them, but we won't be building any barriers. Letting it be clear that if we do leave without a deal, the 39 billion will not be paid, and will be used to support any British businesses hit by the transition. Making sure that businesses know what forms and paperwork will be required if we leave on WTO terms.
This isn't genius, just common sense, and despite misgivings on Boris, so far he has said exactly the right things to the right people. I hope he can keep it up.
How can we take back control of our borders if we have an open border with the EU in Northern Ireland?

aggi

Post by aggi » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:07 pm

Will difficulties with 7% of their exports really impact on Germany and France that much?

How will the impact on them compare to a country who will have issues with 45% of their exports?

Heathclaret
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by Heathclaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:13 pm

And now we have someone advocating not paying what we owe, yet claiming to be honourable. I’m not sure refusing to pay what we owe is a particularly good idea.
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 nil_desperandum

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:14 pm

Tall Paul wrote:How can we take back control of our borders if we have an open border with the EU in Northern Ireland?
We had an agreement that brought peace to the Provence for the first time in 40 years, we aren't about to tear it up because of the EU.

Ireland is a unique position in the EU, in having a land border with the UK. Nobody exports to mainland Europe through the Irish Republic, they'd just deliver direct. It is possible, but not necessary to transport goods from mainland Europe to the Republic, and back again, without going through the UK.
Even if they did, they could be sealed containers, so long as they can be shown that they haven't been tampered with in transit, there is no reason why Republican goods can't still be routed through the UK.
That just leaves goods going between the UK and Republic only. I don't think it would take Einstein to come up with a solution that is acceptable to all parties, unless of course you don't want a solution at any price.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:16 pm

Heathclaret wrote:And now we have someone advocating not paying what we owe, yet claiming to be honourable. I’m not sure refusing to pay what we owe is a particularly good idea.
We owe them nothing. We paid the money as members. if we are no longer members, and a deal isn't reached why would we continue to pay.
Would you play dues to your local club after you stopped going, stopped using the facilities?

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:36 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:We had an agreement that brought peace to the Provence for the first time in 40 years, we aren't about to tear it up because of the EU.

Ireland is a unique position in the EU, in having a land border with the UK. Nobody exports to mainland Europe through the Irish Republic, they'd just deliver direct. It is possible, but not necessary to transport goods from mainland Europe to the Republic, and back again, without going through the UK.
Even if they did, they could be sealed containers, so long as they can be shown that they haven't been tampered with in transit, there is no reason why Republican goods can't still be routed through the UK.
That just leaves goods going between the UK and Republic only. I don't think it would take Einstein to come up with a solution that is acceptable to all parties, unless of course you don't want a solution at any price.
What about people?

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:52 pm

The thing that is bonkers with what you’ve written (ten years ago it would have been great satire) is if things came to such a head that the EU and U.K. pretty much stopped trading altogether in a tit for tat, see who blinks first scenario gone extreme, then they will survive poorer, and we’ll end up as a marginal backwater.

That you also complain about people like Grieve (whose service and love for our country should be in no doubt, even if I don’t care for his politics), and call him an extremist, and use his advocacy for moderation (he did this as a backbench MP, rather than “sabotage” Brexit as a minister) as an excuse for an opposite extreme solution (no deal exit) is ******** beyond belief. I don’t even believe it’s your own argument, but you saw it somewhere.

We are where we are. Boris Johnson filling his cabinet with people I wouldn’t even hire to run a stag weekend, and using the same vocal intonation as Churchill in Parliament in speeches. And then we have a horde of people saying; “where’s my Brexit?” though largely unable to put their finger on how exactly the EU has oppressed them (or how life would be better without it) over the last forty years.

The rest of us, who are the vast majority, and we are people who voted leave but with a deal (or no hassle), people who voted Remain but respect the vote, and people who voted Remain and want to overturn it; sit watching this with horror.

We now have a government of the same people who promised us that leaving the EU would be good. Now we can hold our elected representatives to their promises.
These 2 users liked this post: walter the softy longsidepies

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:54 pm

If it’s attitudes like this that are now prevalent in the country then we’re f***** whatever the outcome.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:59 pm

AndrewJB wrote:The thing that is bonkers with what you’ve written (ten years ago it would have been great satire) is if things came to such a head that the EU and U.K. pretty much stopped trading altogether in a tit for tat, see who blinks first scenario gone extreme, then they will survive poorer, and we’ll end up as a marginal backwater.

That you also complain about people like Grieve (whose service and love for our country should be in no doubt, even if I don’t care for his politics), and call him an extremist, and use his advocacy for moderation (he did this as a backbench MP, rather than “sabotage” Brexit as a minister) as an excuse for an opposite extreme solution (no deal exit) is ******** beyond belief. I don’t even believe it’s your own argument, but you saw it somewhere.

We are where we are. Boris Johnson filling his cabinet with people I wouldn’t even hire to run a stag weekend, and using the same vocal intonation as Churchill in Parliament in speeches. And then we have a horde of people saying; “where’s my Brexit?” though largely unable to put their finger on how exactly the EU has oppressed them (or how life would be better without it) over the last forty years.

The rest of us, who are the vast majority, and we are people who voted leave but with a deal (or no hassle), people who voted Remain but respect the vote, and people who voted Remain and want to overturn it; sit watching this with horror.

We now have a government of the same people who promised us that leaving the EU would be good. Now we can hold our elected representatives to their promises.

That's the problem, isn't it?

CrosspoolClarets and all the others can't point to a single law or situation that has affected the British people in a detrimental way since we became a member of the EU.

Not one, and why, because the British people have never been affected badly by being in the EU.

If they had we wouldn't have seen a 52-48 split!
These 2 users liked this post: Anonymous AndrewJB

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:02 pm

AndrewJB wrote:You missed out one of the economies it will wreck. Ours.
I have to choose which of my 8 replying fans to respond to, so I’ll pick this one :lol:

I didn’t miss it out at all. That was my entire point. Yes, it will wreck our economy (temporarily). But, for Brexiteers like Boris and Cummings, it’s worth it (for me too, and I bet most other Brexiteers on here). That is why it could happen, and is why EU leaders should be offering him an olive branch. Nutters in Parliament trying to wreck the whole thing have meant we have no choice.

How easy for the EU if they had said “look, we still have red lines, we have the single market to protect, but we recognise a new government is in place in the U.K. so we will agree to hold a rapid 50 day renegotiation of the Withdrawal Agreement to try to find a compromise that works for both parties”.

Mature statesmanship to have done that. Instead, Varadkar is flushing his economy down the loo.

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:09 pm

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:Why the abuse?
Because he’s lost the argument.

I actually formed my opinion from a tweet of a prominent Remainer reporter who has suggested, largely, the same thing as me. He seems worried that leaders are misjudging Boris’s intentions, and I think he is right.

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:13 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:Wow, crosspool knows what’s better for some countries than the leaders of those countries.
Another one to have lost the argument.

It is a bit like saying wow, Uptheclarets knows what’s best for BFC rather than Garlick and Dyche. Every now and again, infrequently, we do.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4261 times

Post by Greenmile » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:21 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:I have to choose which of my 8 replying fans to respond to, so I’ll pick this one :lol:

I didn’t miss it out at all. That was my entire point. Yes, it will wreck our economy (temporarily). But, for Brexiteers like Boris and Cummings, it’s worth it (for me too, and I bet most other Brexiteers on here).

And how would you personally suffer if we “temporarily” wrecked our economy? I suspect - like Johnson and Cummings - that the answer is “not very much”. It’s not your life you want to gamble with here you selfish ****.

FWIW, I don’t think I’d suffer that much either, but I’m not calling for our govt to throw a large proportion of my countrymen under the proverbial bus for the sake of a pyrrhic “win” over an imagined enemy, because I’m capable of empathy.

You see, I can sort of understand folk like Ringo and Colburn acting against their own best interest because they’ve been taken in by the constant lies and genuinely seem to believe a no deal Brexit might eventually make their lives better eventually. I think you know better than that though - you just couldn’t give a toss for anyone who suffers as long as you get what you want.

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:23 pm

aggi wrote:Will difficulties with 7% of their exports really impact on Germany and France that much?

How will the impact on them compare to a country who will have issues with 45% of their exports?
The tweet I referenced above is from the Germany correspondent to the Wall Street Journal. It is well worth a read. He suggests that as Germany heads towards recession their budget will be badly affected if Boris refused to pay the £39bn (the chunk of it we haven’t already paid) and it will make a dire situation worse.

Is it just me that has a parody account (not a comment aimed at Aggi) or him too?

https://twitter.com/bopanc/status/11558 ... 96416?s=21

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:27 pm

This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:51 pm

Crosspool, why is it worth wrecking the economy? That's what I can never get an answer on. What will we gain in return for the wrecking of the economy? It must be something very valuable that will benefit the lives of all of us. Please tell me what it is.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:03 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:Another one to have lost the argument.

It is a bit like saying wow, Uptheclarets knows what’s best for BFC rather than Garlick and Dyche. Every now and again, infrequently, we do.
What argument? I just commented on the confidence you have in your own delusion.

One question: if what you say is best for those countries, why aren’t they doing it?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:31 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:The tweet I referenced above is from the Germany correspondent to the Wall Street Journal. It is well worth a read. He suggests that as Germany heads towards recession their budget will be badly affected if Boris refused to pay the £39bn (the chunk of it we haven’t already paid) and it will make a dire situation worse.

Is it just me that has a parody account (not a comment aimed at Aggi) or him too?

https://twitter.com/bopanc/status/11558 ... 96416?s=21
Crosspool, one thing I am curious about is whether you really believe that we can leave the EU AND strengthen the Union, as Boris seemed to imply?

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:31 pm

Has the pratt been sacked or resigned yet?