Boris

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Re: Boris

Post by Damo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:23 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:Not a negative slant to point out that this is only, in essence, a reinstatement of the 20,000 officers cut by well, you know who, I hope.
Desperate Damo sinks yet again.
It is negative Eddy.
If this was Corbyn, reinstating 20,000 police officers you and your comrades would be lauding dear leader as some kind of messiah.
Thankfully not everyone is so bitter

bpgburn
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 83 times

Post by bpgburn » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:23 am

aggi wrote:In the US you still need fingerprints taking, customs form, etc. It's a lot quicker than it used to be but even on a good day it's probably ten times longer than going through passport control/customs in the EU.

Takes less that a minute to flash your passport at passport control in the EU, so I don't mind 10 times longer for the extra security checks, no big deal.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:26 am

AndrewJB wrote:What did they mean by 'taking back control of our borders' in terms of leaving the EU?
I assume they mean we'll be leaving the Schengen area so we can reinstate passport control at our borders, check who is entering the country, etc

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:27 am

bpgburn wrote:Takes less that a minute to flash your passport at passport control in the EU, so I don't mind 10 times longer for the extra security checks, no big deal.
I don't disagree, it's just that some people were suggesting that it would take the same amount of time.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:29 am

AndrewJB wrote:What did they mean by 'taking back control of our borders' in terms of leaving the EU?
“When I use a word,” Humpty dsr said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:29 am

bpgburn wrote:Takes less that a minute to flash your passport at passport control in the EU, so I don't mind 10 times longer for the extra security checks, no big deal.
Have you really thought about that mathematically?. Returning to the UK I've frequently queued for upwards of 10 minutes, - sometimes considerably longer. Anyway let's settle on a 12 minute delay. That's a 2 hour delay if you multiply it by 10. That'll be great fun for family of four with tired children returning with their pushchairs, cabin luggage etc after a weeks holiday in Spain. (And not great fun for those queuing round them either).

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:45 am

They meant that we can choose who to let in to work here. Basically, under the new rules, EU citizens will not have an automatic right to work in this country; they will be subject to the same restrictions (or lack of) as other immigrants/migrants/visitors. This may make no difference at all, we may still decide we want unfettered cheap labour from the east to keep the country running; or it may mean restrictions, especially in aspects of labour where we have significant unemployment. It may be run competently, or it may not.

But what it positively does not mean is that at 12.01 am on 1st November, a whole new raft of instructions will be given to Customs officers to completely change the systems. The systems will be run to serve the public, not the public to serve the system. Obviously this isn't the way the government (of whatever ilk) normally does things, because they like to be sticklers for rules; but in this case, especially as the government wants things to run smoothly, they will tweak the system so it does run smoothly.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:49 am

aggi wrote:I assume they mean we'll be leaving the Schengen area so we can reinstate passport control at our borders, check who is entering the country, etc
But we're not in the Schengen Area. I don't think there is any 'control' to be taken back, so perhaps they're inventing some?

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1344 times
Has Liked: 438 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:51 am

dsr wrote:They meant that we can choose who to let in to work here. Basically, under the new rules, EU citizens will not have an automatic right to work in this country; they will be subject to the same restrictions (or lack of) as other immigrants/migrants/visitors.
You've omitted the bit about us UK citizens no longer having the automatic right to live and work in 27 other countries. An enormous freedom and benefit that's being removed from us all. For what, exactly?
This user liked this post: longsidepies

bpgburn

Post by bpgburn » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:02 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:Have you really thought about that mathematically?. Returning to the UK I've frequently queued for upwards of 10 minutes, - sometimes considerably longer. Anyway let's settle on a 12 minute delay. That's a 2 hour delay if you multiply it by 10. That'll be great fun for family of four with tired children returning with their pushchairs, cabin luggage etc after a weeks holiday in Spain. (And not great fun for those queuing round them either).
Why would I think about it mathematically? I am a frequent flyer to and from, in and out of the EU and have been for some years. Outside of unusual circumstances, strikes, security breaches etc. it has never taken me anywhere near 2hrs to get through passport control/immigration whether on holiday or on business.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:08 pm

dsr wrote:They meant that we can choose who to let in to work here. Basically, under the new rules, EU citizens will not have an automatic right to work in this country; they will be subject to the same restrictions (or lack of) as other immigrants/migrants/visitors. This may make no difference at all, we may still decide we want unfettered cheap labour from the east to keep the country running; or it may mean restrictions, especially in aspects of labour where we have significant unemployment. It may be run competently, or it may not.

But what it positively does not mean is that at 12.01 am on 1st November, a whole new raft of instructions will be given to Customs officers to completely change the systems. The systems will be run to serve the public, not the public to serve the system. Obviously this isn't the way the government (of whatever ilk) normally does things, because they like to be sticklers for rules; but in this case, especially as the government wants things to run smoothly, they will tweak the system so it does run smoothly.
Ending free movement is what cost us free trade with the EU. According to Ivan Rogers (our ex ambassador to the EU) the Germans couldn't believe we were willing to pay such a high price for ending free movement. And now you're saying that in actual fact nothing might change? This means there has been no study done, or no practical reason (backed by evidence) for ending free movement - and bear in mind the negative side of this means we also cannot just go and live and work in EU countries - but we're ending it, and possibly allowing things to go on as they were before, though not for our citizens? Can't you see how insane this is?

And for so long we've been told that the EU is a source of unnecessary business-destroying regulation, yet here we are adding a whole raft of new regulation just to maintain a nebulous sense of our own sovereignty.
These 2 users liked this post: Greenmile longsidepies

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:13 pm

bpgburn wrote:Why would I think about it mathematically? I am a frequent flyer to and from, in and out of the EU and have been for some years. Outside of unusual circumstances, strikes, security breaches etc. it has never taken me anywhere near 2hrs to get through passport control/immigration whether on holiday or on business.
I don't think you actually read my post, but I'll try again. (The maths are important and relevant).
You said that you'd be happy to have 10 times the delay that we have now.
So if you have a 12 minute delay now, (which in my experience is not uncommon), then you'd be happy for it to be 2 hours in the future.
How? 12 x 10 = 120. So that's where the maths come in.
(Sorry if that's patronising, but I thought my initial post was pretty clear).

bpgburn

Post by bpgburn » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:47 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:I don't think you actually read my post, but I'll try again. (The maths are important and relevant).
You said that you'd be happy to have 10 times the delay that we have now.
So if you have a 12 minute delay now, (which in my experience is not uncommon), then you'd be happy for it to be 2 hours in the future.
How? 12 x 10 = 120. So that's where the maths come in.
(Sorry if that's patronising, but I thought my initial post was pretty clear).
Now I know why I don't usually and won't in future get involved in these types of topics.

I didn't say anywhere that i would be happy for a 2hr delay so don't go putting words in my mouth there's a good lad, in fact I said I haven't experienced 2hr delays except under unusual circumstances.

Lets put it simply shall we taking out the irrelevant maths, if after Brexit it takes me the same time to get through EU immigration as it does at present to get through non EU immigration with the extra checks, I don't have a problem with it.

(Sorry if that sounds patronising, it was meant to).

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:55 pm

AndrewJB wrote:Ending free movement is what cost us free trade with the EU. According to Ivan Rogers (our ex ambassador to the EU) the Germans couldn't believe we were willing to pay such a high price for ending free movement.
And nor can I. Are you saying that if we accepted free movement of EU nationals, then all the rest would disappear - no Irish backstop, no annual payments, no need to follow EU rules, no ECJ, no nothing? All the EU wanted was free movement?

SonofPog
Been Liked: 157 times
Has Liked: 82 times

Post by SonofPog » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:08 pm

No,

Its one of the four fundamental principles of the EU, that we've known are not negotiable since the very beginning.

"https://news.sky.com/story/merkel-no-fr ... t-10607111"

"Angela Merkel has stressed that the UK cannot have access to the EU's internal market after Brexit if it limits immigration from the bloc."

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:19 pm

dsr wrote:They meant that we can choose who to let in to work here. Basically, under the new rules, EU citizens will not have an automatic right to work in this country; they will be subject to the same restrictions (or lack of) as other immigrants/migrants/visitors. This may make no difference at all, we may still decide we want unfettered cheap labour from the east to keep the country running; or it may mean restrictions, especially in aspects of labour where we have significant unemployment. It may be run competently, or it may not.

So if there's no impact on the movement of people or goods I'm not sure why the government is spending £344m in mitigating the problems a no deal Brexit will cause in this area. Maybe you should have a word with them!

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:49 pm

martin_p wrote:So if there's no impact on the movement of people or goods I'm not sure why the government is spending £344m in mitigating the problems a no deal Brexit will cause in this area. Maybe you should have a word with them!
No. It was suggested that there will be slow movement of people and there will be food shortages in the first fortnight after Brexit. I say that will not happen because the new rules and procedures will not be implemented full on until later and that they will have a light touch on regulations and procedure at first.

There will be a difference between what happens in the first few weeks and what happens a year or two down the line.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:04 pm

SonofPog wrote:No,

Its one of the four fundamental principles of the EU, that we've known are not negotiable since the very beginning.

"https://news.sky.com/story/merkel-no-fr ... t-10607111"

"Angela Merkel has stressed that the UK cannot have access to the EU's internal market after Brexit if it limits immigration from the bloc."
But they ARE negotiable.

Theresa May successfully split the 4 freedoms by agreeing a Withdrawal Agreement that allows us to restrict migration whilst still being in a Customs Union. Our Parliament rejected it, actually the Remain side rejected it (if the ERG had all voted in favour, it would still have lost). But the EU Parliament approved it - proving that for all the bluster, the freedoms ARE negotiable.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:09 pm

Damo wrote:It is negative Eddy.
If this was Corbyn, reinstating 20,000 police officers you and your comrades would be lauding dear leader as some kind of messiah.
Hardly. But if Corbyn had gutted the police force and then turned around and pledged to reverse his party's own cuts, we'd just as equally be wondering why the **** the cuts were needed in the first place.

Just because you react to things differently depending on whether you favour the person doing them or not doesn't mean the rest of us are hypocrites. We're not like you. We're much, much better.

SonofPog
Been Liked: 157 times
Has Liked: 82 times

Post by SonofPog » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:26 pm

EU Citizens will retain the right to move and work in the UK, until the end of the transition period in dec 2020 or the Irish Backstop is no longer needed, (although, i'll admit, some Brexit Secs believe that they wont). So no, the WA didn't split the 4 freedoms.

There's no evidence to suggest that whatever permanent trade agreement post TP/IB will allow total free trade, but not freedom of movement.

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:10 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Hardly. But if Corbyn had gutted the police force and then turned around and pledged to reverse his party's own cuts, we'd just as equally be wondering why the **** the cuts were needed in the first place.

Just because you react to things differently depending on whether you favour the person doing them or not doesn't mean the rest of us are hypocrites. We're not like you. We're much, much better.
Yes Charlie, you are better than everyone.
We can all feel your virtue, eminating through the screens of our phones like a virtual ray of sunshine

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:13 pm

Damo wrote:Yes Charlie, you are better than everyone.
We can all feel your virtue, eminating through the screens of our phones like a virtual ray of sunshine
He used to be conceited, but now he's perfect. :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: Damo elwaclaret

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:21 pm

Damo wrote:Yes Charlie, you are better than everyone.
Well, at least you finally feel something.
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Well, at least you finally feel something.
TOUCHE_TURTLE_1.jpg
TOUCHE_TURTLE_1.jpg (21.72 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:44 pm

bpgburn wrote:
I didn't say anywhere that i would be happy for a 2hr delay so don't go putting words in my mouth there's a good lad, in fact I said I haven't experienced 2hr delays except under unusual circumstances.

Lets put it simply shall we taking out the irrelevant maths, if after Brexit it takes me the same time to get through EU immigration as it does at present to get through non EU immigration with the extra checks, I don't have a problem with it.

(Sorry if that sounds patronising, it was meant to).
Doesn't sound patronising at all, but it reveals that not only do you not read and / or understand my posts, you don't even read and understand your own posts.
Reference your post 902, (which was the post I replied to):
Takes less that a minute to flash your passport at passport control in the EU, so I don't mind 10 times longer for the extra security checks, no big deal.
So just for clarity, you didn't actually say in post 902 you'd be "happy" for it to take 10 times as long, (ie 12 minutes x 10 =2 hours). You said ""I don't mind" - so relatively happy then?
Then in your most recent reply you say:
if after Brexit it takes me the same time to get through EU immigration as it does at present to get through non EU immigration with the extra checks, I don't have a problem with it.
But I wasn't questioning that point. It was the "10 times longer" that I was questioning, because that could be a very long time and could have a massive impact on things like connecting flights, transfers etc.
And you still haven't explained how the maths are irrelevant. It was your initial suggestion that we might multiply things by 10.

bpgburn

Post by bpgburn » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:21 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:Doesn't sound patronising at all, but it reveals that not only do you not read and / or understand my posts, you don't even read and understand your own posts.
Reference your post 902, (which was the post I replied to):

So just for clarity, you didn't actually say in post 902 you'd be "happy" for it to take 10 times as long, (ie 12 minutes x 10 =2 hours). You said ""I don't mind" - so relatively happy then?
Then in your most recent reply you say:
But I wasn't questioning that point. It was the "10 times longer" that I was questioning, because that could be a very long time and could have a massive impact on things like connecting flights, transfers etc.
And you still haven't explained how the maths are irrelevant. It was your initial suggestion that we might multiply things by 10.
Jesus wept!
That post was about waiting 10 minutes longer currently when going thru customs in the USA than the less than a minute of going thru EU immigration currently and if that is the effect Brexit will have on the EU immigration then i'm happy. You then hijacked that comment that wasn't even directed to you and twisted it, put a mathematical donk on it added another 10 mins and made it to mean something completely different to what I was saying. You need to take your own advise pal and read things and digest them properly.
Don't be wasting your time replying because i'm not interested in anything you have to say now, annoy someone else.

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:39 pm

bpgburn wrote:Jesus wept!
That post was about waiting 10 minutes longer currently when going thru customs in the USA than the less than a minute of going thru EU immigration currently and if that is the effect Brexit will have on the EU immigration then i'm happy. You then hijacked that comment that wasn't even directed to you and twisted it, put a mathematical donk on it added another 10 mins and made it to mean something completely different to what I was saying. You need to take your own advise pal and read things and digest them properly.
Don't be wasting your time replying because i'm not interested in anything you have to say now, annoy someone else.
I would imagine that most people are either baffled or amused by your replies as opposed to annoyed.
I quoted what you posted (902): that post-brexit you didn't mind if it took 10 times longer than currently at passport control. I suggested that you consider that seriously in terms of its implications. You've done nothing but backtrack, twist and turn since then.
I'll leave out the maths if you can't accept them.
Let's just say that most people on here will not be as understanding as you claim you will be if they are delayed 10 times as long at passport control post brexit.
Anyway, for the benefit of anyone reading and considering responding to this post, I found the following in the Telegraph, (a brexit supporting paper by the way):
The European Tourism Association (ETOA) estimates additional checks could add an extra 90 seconds for each UK passport holder. This means it would take a single passport lane in an EU airport an extra 17,010 seconds – or nearly five hours – to process 189 passengers on a typical Ryanair flight, if all arrivals had UK passports.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

bpgburn

Post by bpgburn » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:18 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:I would imagine that most people are either baffled or amused by your replies as opposed to annoyed.
I quoted what you posted (902): that post-brexit you didn't mind if it took 10 times longer than currently at passport control. I suggested that you consider that seriously in terms of its implications. You've done nothing but backtrack, twist and turn since then.
I'll leave out the maths if you can't accept them.
Let's just say that most people on here will not be as understanding as you claim you will be if they are delayed 10 times as long at passport control post brexit.
Anyway, for the benefit of anyone reading and considering responding to this post, I found the following in the Telegraph, (a brexit supporting paper by the way):
Gi' it a rest ya pest.
What a strange weird little thing you are, rather than me dumbing down my meaning any further (which would mean actual drawings), may i just refer you to my last sentence and the only reply you will be getting in future:

"Don't be wasting your time replying because i'm not interested in anything you have to say now, annoy someone else".

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:34 pm

bpgburn wrote:Gi' it a rest ya pest.
What a strange weird little thing you are, rather than me dumbing down my meaning any further (which would mean actual drawings), may i just refer you to my last sentence and the only reply you will be getting in future:

"Don't be wasting your time replying because i'm not interested in anything you have to say now, annoy someone else".
And yet you were sufficiently interested to reply! Time to put the spade away I think. UTC.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:50 pm

nil_desperandum wrote: The European Tourism Association (ETOA) estimates additional checks could add an extra 90 seconds for each UK passport holder. This means it would take a single passport lane in an EU airport an extra 17,010 seconds – or nearly five hours – to process 189 passengers on a typical Ryanair flight, if all arrivals had UK passports.
Don’t be daft, dsr said there won’t be any impact. I’ll take his word over a trade body any day!
These 3 users liked this post: Greenmile Imploding Turtle nil_desperandum

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:02 pm

martin_p wrote:Don’t be daft, dsr said there won’t be any impact. I’ll take his word over a trade body any day!
Who needs experts when we have dsr?
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:26 pm

I see that Boris Johnson has described the Whaley Bridge Dam as "dodgy but stable" following his visit to the scene of the disaster today.

He could use the same terminology to describe his Conservative government. :lol:
This user liked this post: longsidepies

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:24 pm

Greenmile wrote:Who needs experts when we have dsr?
How much experience do the European Tourism Association have in running Customs posts? :roll:

It could take 90 seconds longer, or it could take 5 hours longer, or it could spell the end of all tourist traffic for ever more. But it won't.

Why not worry about other things that can go wrong? For example, the government may declare basic rate income tax to be 99% for basic rate taxpayers. It could close all the universities. It could declare its intent to save the world by banning the sale of petrol or diesel. But it won't. Why not? Because it doesn't want to be unpopular. At the next general election, it wants to collect lots of votes from people that like it.

The government has two choices.

1. Force Customs Officers to ask questions with no immediate relevance and delay each flight by 5+ hours with knock-on effect on later flights, so that within a couple of days the arrival hall will have no room to move. This is so that the government can say "look - Brexit is a disaster just like all those clever Remainers told us it would be".

2. Do not make Customs Officers ask the unnecessary questions and let them carry on as before, so that they can say "look - Brexit is working fine".

Obviously if the government insists on changing and rigorously applying the new rules from day 1, there will be delays. So what's the obvious conclusion? That the government won't be changing and rigorously applying the rules from day 1. Government isn't just an exercise in logical thoery, you know - pragmatism comes in too.

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:26 pm

martin_p wrote:Don’t be daft, dsr said there won’t be any impact. I’ll take his word over a trade body any day!
I was talking about UK airports and what the UK government will do. The 27 foreign governments may each make their own mind up; and if they decide to be deliberately obstructive as the Spanish so often are over Gibraltar, then there's not a lot we can immediately do about that. Are there already extreme delays for non-EU arrivals?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:38 pm

dsr wrote:How much experience do the European Tourism Association have in running Customs posts? :roll:

It could take 90 seconds longer, or it could take 5 hours longer, or it could spell the end of all tourist traffic for ever more. But it won't.

Why not worry about other things that can go wrong? For example, the government may declare basic rate income tax to be 99% for basic rate taxpayers. It could close all the universities. It could declare its intent to save the world by banning the sale of petrol or diesel. But it won't. Why not? Because it doesn't want to be unpopular. At the next general election, it wants to collect lots of votes from people that like it.

The government has two choices.

1. Force Customs Officers to ask questions with no immediate relevance and delay each flight by 5+ hours with knock-on effect on later flights, so that within a couple of days the arrival hall will have no room to move. This is so that the government can say "look - Brexit is a disaster just like all those clever Remainers told us it would be".

2. Do not make Customs Officers ask the unnecessary questions and let them carry on as before, so that they can say "look - Brexit is working fine".

Obviously if the government insists on changing and rigorously applying the new rules from day 1, there will be delays. So what's the obvious conclusion? That the government won't be changing and rigorously applying the rules from day 1. Government isn't just an exercise in logical thoery, you know - pragmatism comes in too.

:lol:
So how exactly will leaving the EU reduce immigration (as promised by the liars 3 years ago) if you're saying that there doesn't need to be any changes at the border?
Are you now admitting that leaving the EU will do nothing to cut immigration?

And what is the need for a customs union in the first place if it's all as easy as you seem to think it is?

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:46 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote::lol:
So how exactly will leaving the EU reduce immigration (as promised by the liars 3 years ago) if you're saying that there doesn't need to be any changes at the border?
Are you now admitting that leaving the EU will do nothing to cut immigration?

And what is the need for a customs union in the first place if it's all as easy as you seem to think it is?
You have misunderstood yet again. Try and understand this. I have said that there will be no extra delays in the first few weeks because they will not change the system.

That is NOT THE SAME as saying there will be no changes ever. Really, it isn't. Can you see that?

No, I am not admitting that leaving the EU will do nothing to cut immigration. I suspect your misunderstanding there is the same one as the line above - you haven't sussed out the difference between short term fixes and long term positions.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:23 am

dsr wrote:How much experience do the European Tourism Association have in running Customs posts? :roll:.
Whereas you’ve obviously been running Customs posts man and boy. That’s how you know so much more about it than anyone else, including those folk from the Leave campaign who promised we’d be able to take control of our borders.

Have you considered the idea that everyone seems to be misunderstanding your perfectly cogent and coherent point because it is, in fact, a load of old b****cks.
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:51 am

Damo wrote:It is negative Eddy.
And lauding your dear leader is exactly what you're doing, you gormless, bitter loon. :lol:

Damo

Post by Damo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:43 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:And lauding your dear leader is exactly what you're doing, you gormless, bitter loon. :lol:
You are going to have to point out where I posted anything negative about anyone employing 20,000 police officers before we can work out which one of us is the hypocrite.
Eddy intelligentsia strikes again :lol:

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:41 pm

I would imagine the fact that you offered us a post stating that I, for some reason, and my "comrades" - :o would be lauding a similar gesture by Corbyn is being rather negative towards anyone daring to point out the blindingly obvious to such a cretin as yourself.

You do know what "lauding" means, I hope. :lol:

It's nothing to do with hypocrisy. You're desperate to support Johnson, I get that but you're clearly out of your depth again. As I suggested, you're "gormless" and you appeared to have proved it yet again quite nicely.

As I've said many times before, I couldn't care less about Corbyn - he's not going to be elected in a million years - and can actually compose my own thoughts rather than repeat slavishly the trash spewed out by Muffit, Andyclaret and similar berks.

You just can't cope with it being pointed out that the Tories cut 20, 000 cops and have now, having seen the disastrous results of such - even for them - a ridiculous move, plan to train a similar number.

We're supposed to be grateful ? You're becoming even more stupid.

As I said, nowt to do with hypocrisy - it's your basic lack of comprehension that's the problem. Never mind, I'm sure you mean well.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:05 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:I would imagine the fact that you offered us a post stating that I, for some reason, and my "comrades" - :o would be lauding a similar gesture by Corbyn is being rather negative towards anyone daring to point out the blindingly obvious to such a cretin as yourself.

You do know what "lauding" means, I hope. :lol:

It's nothing to do with hypocrisy. You're desperate to support Johnson, I get that but you're clearly out of your depth again. As I suggested, you're "gormless" and you appeared to have proved it yet again quite nicely.

As I've said many times before, I couldn't care less about Corbyn - he's not going to be elected in a million years - and can actually compose my own thoughts rather than repeat slavishly the trash spewed out by Muffit, Andyclaret and similar berks.

You just can't cope with it being pointed out that the Tories cut 20, 000 cops and have now, having seen the disastrous results of such - even for them - a ridiculous move, plan to train a similar number.

We're supposed to be grateful ? You're becoming even more stupid.

As I said, nowt to do with hypocrisy - it's your basic lack of comprehension that's the problem. Never mind, I'm sure you mean well.
I wasnt talking about being negative towards you eddy.
I meant the descision to hire 20,000 new police officers.

The rest of you're post doesn't really warrant a reply.
I'll just put it down to you're obvious anger issues, the fact you have made yourself look stupid again and the probability that you are drunk

yTib
Been Liked: 704 times
Has Liked: 657 times

Post by yTib » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:11 pm

the additional 20,000 coppers with take us back to the levels we had to when these posh twunts took over.

it's called giving with one hand and taking away with the other.

i'm truly amazed at the volume of endorsement for this clownish prime minister.

the rest of the world think of us in the same way that i think of damo:

''WHAT WENT WRONG?''

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:26 pm

Damo wrote:I wasnt talking about being negative towards you eddy.
I meant the descision to hire 20,000 new police officers.

The rest of you're post doesn't really warrant a reply.
I'll just put it down to you're obvious anger issues, the fact you have made yourself look stupid again and the probability that you are drunk

As I said before and as you're proving beautifully, you haven't a thought in that thick skull of yours that hasn't been lifted from any number of the knuckle-draggers you revere.

I've no anger towards you fella, merely contempt. A little sympathy, too, perhaps but I guess I've always tended to look kindly upon the weak.

"Doesn't warrant a reply" = Desperate Damo too flummoxed to attempt to put together any kind of original, coherent counter argument yet again.
Love it. ;)

Damo

Post by Damo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:01 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:As I said before and as you're proving beautifully, you haven't a thought in that thick skull of yours that hasn't been lifted from any number of the knuckle-draggers you revere.

I've no anger towards you fella, merely contempt. A little sympathy, too, perhaps but I guess I've always tended to look kindly upon the weak.

"Doesn't warrant a reply" = Desperate Damo too flummoxed to attempt to put together any kind of original, coherent counter argument yet again.
Love it. ;)
If you're previous post isn't you being angry, then I feel sorry for the people who have to share you're real world space. You must be awful when you actually do get angry. I just assumed being online magnified the flaws in you're personality

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:43 am

"You're" :lol: - you illiterate buffoon.

What you assume is, as usual, completely predictable ********. You mistake contempt for anger but, then again, you seem to have little understanding of anything worthwhile.

You just stick to mimicking the redneck knuckle-draggers, you seem more at ease with that.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:17 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:You just stick to mimicking the redneck knuckle-draggers, you seem more at ease with that.
You never seem more than a couple of comments away from offering someone a fight in your made up local.
I'm not sure how much more redneck you could possibly be if I'm honest Eddy

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:30 pm

I'm sound. It's just your misguided perception of the world around you. Yet again, you don't get it.

What's a "made up local" ? We're on an internet football forum - I've laughed at you for your inability to grasp even the basics of literacy and also for your slavish repetition of a bunch of racists' idiotic views. Nothing redneck about that buddy. Nothing for anybody to fight about. Just telling you like it is.

You don't like it ? You feel intimidated ?

Tough - I couldn't give a damn.

Enjoy your day.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:40 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:I'm sound. It's just your misguided perception of the world around you. Yet again, you don't get it.

What's a "made up local" ? We're on an internet football forum - I've laughed at you for your inability to grasp even the basics of literacy and also for your slavish repetition of a bunch of racists' idiotic views. Nothing redneck about that buddy. Nothing for anybody to fight about. Just telling you like it is.

You don't like it ? You feel intimidated ?

Tough - I couldn't give a damn.

Enjoy your day.
Yes I feel really intimidated because some bloated, old idiot from the internet corrected my spelling :lol:
You are a real character Eddy :lol:

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:04 pm

I'm neither bloated, old nor an idiot - another of your rather worrying fantasies. I guess it's convenient for you to pigeon-hole someone brighter and more perceptive than you into some kind of lesser role that you can cope with. You really do have a bit of an inferiority complex, don't you ? Mind you, you should have. ;)

Some **** who can't even write a sentence correctly deserves little or no respect, in my opinion - hence my contempt for you and your second-hand ideas.

Regarding the "intimidated" reference, you were the one that was accusing me of spoiling for some kind of fight.

You're* not only out of your depth, you're* also very odd.

* See ? Not too difficult, is it ?

Even for you.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:28 pm

Ok, I'll apologise for stopping to you're level.

Bloated, middle aged idiot.

Can we get back to the subject now?