Boris

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Re: Boris

Post by Damo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:29 pm

Back on topic, it seems like Boris is uniting Europeans with the rest of us now.
He really is the man of the people

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:31 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:I'm neither bloated, old nor an idiot - another of your rather worrying fantasies. I guess it's convenient for you to pigeon-hole someone brighter and more perceptive than you into some kind of lesser role that you can cope with. You really do have a bit of an inferiority complex, don't you ? Mind you, you should have. ;)

Some **** who can't even write a sentence correctly deserves little or no respect, in my opinion - hence my contempt for you and your second-hand ideas.

Regarding the "intimidated" reference, you were the one that was accusing me of spoiling for some kind of fight.

You're* not only out of your depth, you're* also very odd.

* See ? Not too difficult, is it ?

Even for you.
Why have you left out the comm a before "nor" in your first sentence? Is it because, deep in your heart, you realise that this "Anyone who makes a grammatical error is beneath my contempt" is actually a pose? You would have to be a thoroughly nasty piece of work to sneer at someone like that for the odd misplaced apostrophe, and anyone coming on here boasting of that attitude and meaning it would have to be a complete [well, you know what I mean]. Surely that isn't you? Or is it?

But I'll tell you this. I despise the attitude of "you're thick so you don't count". People who disrespect others just because of their belief that they are cleverer and cleverness is all that matters, are as unpleasant as they come. Don't be one of them.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:40 pm

A comma - I suppose that's what you mean - is not actually necessary in the place you mention. It's a list of two and you don't put a comma after the last listed item. Basic stuff but I'll save my contempt for you until I've read the rest of your post.

I'm loving the sermon and I thank you for it. I just happen to detest racists and especially those thickos who agree with their views, having no substantial thoughts of their own.

Being unable to write even a basic sentence - not the odd missed apostrophe typo - is pitiful.

Still, we're all chums on here, apparently, so all's well. :?

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:47 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:A comma - I suppose that's what you mean - is not actually necessary in the place you mention. It's a list of two and you don't put a comma after the last listed item. Basic stuff but I'll save my contempt for you until I've read the rest of your post.

I'm loving the sermon and I thank you for it. I just happen to detest racists and especially those thickos who agree with their views, having no substantial thoughts of their own.

Being unable to write even a basic sentence - not the odd missed apostrophe typo - is pitiful.
Tory "knights of the shires" were rumoured, possibly with justification, to despise those less intelligent or less well educated than them. Frankly, I didn't think you were one of them. Still, if the cap fits ...

Incidentally, sums are my speciality rather than reading. And I make it that "neither bloated, old, nor an idiot" is three things. And are you sure that you aren't confusing the neither ... nor rule with the and rule? Which in any case is not a hard and fast rule but is subject to variations where you should put a comma before the and?

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:02 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:A comma - I suppose that's what you mean - is not actually necessary in the place you mention. It's a list of two and you don't put a comma after the last listed item. Basic stuff but I'll save my contempt for you until I've read the rest of your post.

Still, we're all chums on here, apparently, so all's well. :?
Pretending I'm racist proves how upset I have made you.

Here is some discrimination that you posted previously
evensteadiereddie wrote:Ooooh, he's getting all tetchy again. Did you and Moffitt go to school together ? :oops: The space is optional, retard. :oops:

Anyway, while I'm pretty generous when it comes to giving to charities supporting your difficulties ; mental illness, being a spastic, dyslexia and so on, there is a limit to the time I can offer you on here. You must seek further comfort - of whatever nature you prefer - from your little boyfriends, er "mates".

Toodle pip,
play nicely, boys.....
I wont hold my breath for proof of my ignorance mind.

You thick, ignorant, bloated, middle aged idiot

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:18 pm

dsr wrote:Tory "knights of the shires" were rumoured, possibly with justification, to despise those less intelligent or less well educated than them. Frankly, I didn't think you were one of them. Still, if the cap fits ...

Incidentally, sums are my speciality rather than reading. And I make it that "neither bloated, old, nor an idiot" is three things. And are you sure that you aren't confusing the neither ... nor rule with the and rule? Which in any case is not a hard and fast rule but is subject to variations where you should put a comma before the and?
I'm afraid it is a hard and fast rule and not one that you can mangle to suit your agenda. Still, as you say, if the cap fits... ;)

Of course the list was three in total, we were referring to the position of the misplaced comma - after the second listed item - were we not ? :roll:

As I stated quite clearly, I don't despise ill-educated oafs who mouth off on this board, I pity them. I'll repeat : I detest racists and fools who blithely mimic their posts even more so.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:23 pm

Damo wrote:Pretending I'm racist proves how upset I have made you.

Here is some discrimination that you posted previously

I wont hold my breath for proof of my ignorance mind.

You thick, ignorant, bloated, middle aged idiot

Desperate Damo writes - and I quote -

"I wont hold my breath for proof of my ignorance mind."

Holy ****, he's turning into a parody of himself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Christ, you really are at rock-bottom, aren't you ? Go and have a nice cup of tea or something, love.

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:29 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:I'm afraid it is a hard and fast rule and not one that you can mangle to suit your agenda. Still, as you say, if the cap fits... ;)

Of course the list was three in total, we were referring to the position of the misplaced comma - after the second listed item - were we not ? :roll:

As I stated quite clearly, I don't despise ill-educated oafs who mouth off on this board, I pity them. I'll repeat : I detest racists and fools who blithely mimic their posts even more so.
Hard and fast rule? Who has set it? Who enforces it? Who prosecutes the offenders?

One of oft-misunderstood aspects of language is its purpose. Its purpose is to pass a message from one or more people to one or more others. If it does that clearly and unambiguously so no-one is confused, then it is correct regardless of hypothetical rules.

The commonly quoted "and" question is often disproved by the example of the man who wishes to credit his success to the following: 1 - his parents; 2 - God; 3 - Margaret Thatcher.

Which would be correct:
(1) I credit my success to my parents, God and Margaret Thatcher.
(2) I credit my success to my parents, God, and Margaret Thatcher.

You may say that (1) is grammatically correct and therefore should be used rather than (2); but you'd be missing the point about what language is all about.

Incidentally, Colin Dexter used the Oxford comma, as did the various denizens of Oxford University after whom it was named. Do you despise all of them as well?

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:31 pm

Damo wrote: I wont hold my breath for proof of my ignorance mind.
You post so much bullshit about me, and when i ask you to support it with examples you never (literally never) do.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:33 pm

Unlucky, IT. :lol:

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:47 pm

Well, no, I don't despise Colin Dexter and the students of Oxford unless, of course, they are thick and racist. It's unlikely they are thick but a number of them could, I suppose, be racist. We'll never know.

I love your assertion that the message is important and that there can be no strict rules applied as long as the message is clear. Who prosecutes those who transgress, I wonder ? ;)

"I supposeOne of oft-misunderstood aspects of language is its purpose. Its purpose is to pass a message from one or more people to one or more others. If it does that clearly and unambiguously so no-one is confused, then it is correct regardless of hypothetical rules".

It's a nice excuse for someone too idle or stupid to punctuate or distinguish between "your" and "you're" correctly, I suppose.

Mind you, a misuse of the version could, of course, lead to some confusion, couldn't it ? This would then render your rather odd argument obsolete, I believe.

Anyway, I'll leave you with a simple message unfettered by those cumbersome and outdated rules ;

youre talking utter shite

Hey, it works ! :lol:
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:52 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Well, no, I don't despise Colin Dexter and the students of Oxford unless, of course, they are thick and racist. It's unlikely they are thick but a number of them could, I suppose, be racist. We'll never know.

I love your assertion that the message is important and that there can be no strict rules applied as long as the message is clear. Who prosecutes those who transgress, I wonder ? ;)

"I supposeOne of oft-misunderstood aspects of language is its purpose. Its purpose is to pass a message from one or more people to one or more others. If it does that clearly and unambiguously so no-one is confused, then it is correct regardless of hypothetical rules".

It's a nice excuse for someone too idle or stupid to distinguish between "your" and "you're", I suppose. Mind you, a misuse of the correct version could, of course, lead to some confusion, couldn't it ? This would then render your odd argument obsolete, I believe.

Anyway, I'll leave you with a simple message unfettered by those cumbersome and outdated rules ;

youre talking ********

Hey, it works ! :lol:
All that and you never even noticed that my comment was about your rigid use of commas before and. Not about apostrophes.

My point about apostrophes was that your opinion that people "who can't even write a sentence correctly deserve little or no respect" is arrogant, divisive, obnoxious, unpleasant, and in itself stupid. I didn't say apostrophes shouldn't be used correctly, just that it's wrong to hold in contempt those who don't.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:03 pm

"Arrogant","divisive", "obnoxious", "unpleasant" and "stupid" are all labels applied by you simply because of the opinion you hold. They are therefore irrelevant to me.

It's interesting that you seem more concerned about me criticising the ill-educated racists on here for their lack of basic literacy skills rather than you are about their racism. Ah, well.

I'll repeat that I don't hold thick people per se in contempt ; it's thick racists that I hold in contempt. 8-)

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:06 pm

We're "vermin" now, boys and girls.

Fenwick
Been Liked: 202 times
Has Liked: 128 times

Post by Fenwick » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:11 pm

You're a bit of a pest but vermin is somewhat harsh
This user liked this post: BleedingClaret

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5000 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:16 pm

He is reminiscent of Melchy in Blackadder goes forth. Rousing speeches of absolute bullsh1t whilst knowing he is immune to the consequences.

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:"Arrogant","divisive", "obnoxious", "unpleasant" and "stupid" are all labels applied by you simply because of the opinion you hold. They are therefore irrelevant to me.

It's interesting that you seem more concerned about me criticising the ill-educated racists on here for their lack of basic literacy skills rather than you are about their racism. Ah, well.

I'll repeat that I don't hold thick people per se in contempt ; it's thick racists that I hold in contempt. 8-)
If you don't hold that attitude, then I those words don't apply to you in that respect. But earlier in this thread, you said that people who can't even write a sentence correctly deserve little or no respect. That is what I take issue with. If you didn't actually mean that, and you were just using the misplaced apostrophe to demonstrate how superior you are to one individual, then you could have pointed that out at the time.

Are intelligent racists OK with you, then? Is it just the thick ones you don't like?

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:34 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:We're "vermin" now, boys and girls.

If that's a genuine account,their use of insulting language towards remainers is hardly likely to help the political discourse.

I may be wrong but i thought Frank Field decided to leave the Labour Party due to antisemitism.

I can see him getting a fair number of votes and possibly coming 2nd,but Labour have a huge majority so the seat won't be in danger.

This article might have already been posted,but in a time of austerity,are such lavish payments for people that aren't even in public office justified.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... d-18812778

Talk about snouts in the trough,all the parties are at it,and how the heck does Nick Clegg even qualify for these payments,he was never a PM.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:55 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You post so much bullshit about me, and when i ask you to support it with examples you never (literally never) do.
The virtue Signalling thing, I agree is just to wind you up, but the other things I have accused you of (calling people a nazi etc) are difficult to prove because you usually get the thread deleted.
The silly, fat old angry idiot is easy to call out though as...
A, He constantly makes a complete idiot of himself by getting really, really angry about the silliest of things. I.e my trolling on this thread (Boris being a man of the people, the odd spelling mistake etc)
And...
B, his comment about disabled people is still searchable.

I'm trying to avoid replying to the other bite merchants, but if I dont explain to you I doubt I'll ever stop hearing about it

Edit to say, if I started liking DSR's posts, that stupid clown would waste his entire night getting really, really angry at me :lol:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:02 pm

Damo wrote:The virtue Signalling thing, I agree is just to wind you up, but the other things I have accused you of (calling people a nazi etc) are difficult to prove because you usually get the thread deleted.
Bullshit.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:03 pm

dsr wrote:If you don't hold that attitude, then I those words don't apply to you in that respect. But earlier in this thread, you said that people who can't even write a sentence correctly deserve little or no respect. That is what I take issue with. If you didn't actually mean that, and you were just using the misplaced apostrophe to demonstrate how superior you are to one individual, then you could have pointed that out at the time.

Are intelligent racists OK with you, then? Is it just the thick ones you don't like?
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... &p=1067704#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did indeed say that people who can't even write a sentence correctly deserve little or no respect and I meant it then and mean it now.
Deserving little or no respect, however, is not, in my book, the same as being detested. I guess I should have pointed that out at the time but, mistakenly it seems, I assumed you were bright enough to make the connection for yourself. Ho hum.

I'm not sure about the misplaced apostrophe to which you refer but I will say it doesn't even take that to show our good friend, Desperate Damo, what a useless numpty he is. He did that all by himself. :lol: Anyway, I'm done with him now, he's suffered enough.

As for "intelligent racists", I've yet to find one on here, buddy. ;)
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:08 pm

Damo wrote:The virtue Signalling thing, I agree is just to wind you up, but the other things I have accused you of (calling people a nazi etc) are difficult to prove because you usually get the thread deleted.
The silly, fat old angry idiot is easy to call out though as...
A, He constantly makes a complete idiot of himself by getting really, really angry about the silliest of things. I.e my trolling on this thread (Boris being a man of the people, the odd spelling mistake etc)
And...
B, his comment about disabled people is still searchable.

I'm trying to avoid replying to the other bite merchants, but if I dont explain to you I doubt I'll ever stop hearing about it

Edit to say, if I started liking DSR's posts, that stupid clown would waste his entire night getting really, really angry at me :lol:

Loving the schoolgirl hissy fit, Damster !

Oh dear, that last balls-up of yours really hurt, didn't it ? :lol:

"I won't hold my breath for proof of my ignorance mind." Now, who was it said that, I wonder ? :o

Priceless, absolutely priceless.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:23 pm

https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... h.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look out for Johnson’s Bot Army. Something anyone with twitter can check, but I suppose he’ll just deny it and it’ll hoodwink a few more.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:17 pm

Gone soon.

Guller Bull
Been Liked: 763 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by Guller Bull » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:25 pm

This is the problem with political threads - it turns normal people into Tw@s
This user liked this post: KateR

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Re: Mr Johnson

Post by IanMcL » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:27 pm

I do not think we should refer to our PM as 'Boris', as though he is our friend and one of the guys.

He is no friend of mine and is probably his own best friend.

He is PM, so Mr Johnson or Boris Johnson would be more suitable.

Any hint that he is on 'our side' is wrongly placed.

He is the ultimate, 'self serving' politician.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:36 pm

IanMcL wrote:I do not think we should refer to our PM as 'Boris', as though he is our friend and one of the guys.

He is no friend of mine and is probably his own best friend.

He is PM, so Mr Johnson or Boris Johnson would be more suitable.

Any hint that he is on 'our side' is wrongly placed.

He is the ultimate, 'self serving' politician.
And a known liar.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:42 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:And a known liar.
Who just makes things up to suit his needs!

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5000 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:12 am

I don't like him, I don't trust him, I don't rate him, he will be the shortest serving PM in British history (hopefully).

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:12 am

Johnson wants his cabinet to behave better than he did as a cabinet minister: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... top-brexit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:33 pm

AndrewJB wrote:Johnson wants his cabinet to behave better than he did as a cabinet minister: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... top-brexit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That was a short term goal then!
What's tomorrow's task?

Damo

Post by Damo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:40 pm

Doing a great job.
Uniting the people

yTib
Been Liked: 704 times
Has Liked: 657 times

Post by yTib » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:42 pm

fuucking boris.

it's johnson. just like blair and thatcher.

yTib
Been Liked: 704 times
Has Liked: 657 times

Post by yTib » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:44 pm

and i hope your tongue is firmly in your cheek there damo.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:38 am

yTib wrote:and i hope your tongue is firmly in your cheek there damo.
Dont spoil it pal. I've had some great bites with that one

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:42 pm

What a fantastic job this fella is doing,never voted Tory in my life,he might just change my mind on that one when the GE comes along.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:46 pm

Johnson needs putting back in his box.

When the morning news contain interviews with Rees-Mogg and Gove, saying all is well, you know it is just a lying cheating wheeze by those who care not.

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:50 pm

IanMcL wrote:Johnson needs putting back in his box.

When the morning news contain interviews with Rees-Mogg and Gove, saying all is well, you know it is just a lying cheating wheeze by those who care not.
Shaking up the remainers though,that's what I like ....go Boris. :D ....anyone see that jumped up TV Presenter...Soubry throwing a wobble,classic. :P

IanMcL

Re: Johnson

Post by IanMcL » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:52 pm

'Boris' is not your friend.

Johnson will make you suffer.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:58 pm

This Boris chap seems like quite a charming fellow. Seems to have upset all the Brian Pilkingtons on here though.

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:10 pm

FCBurnley wrote:This Boris chap seems like quite a charming fellow. Seems to have upset all the Brian Pilkingtons on here though.
:lol:

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:09 pm

Election due ! Go for it Boris ....lets get rid of the grey terrorist for good.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:24 pm

Johnson being positioned as "strong and ..." in the run up to this next election. The press lined up behind him to cheer him on, and the Australian master of the dark arts in the shadows behind him fashioning the attack ads on Corbyn. With this in mind it's always nice to recall what a fool he is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC3OWjXJmqM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4044 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:34 pm

BJ making a statement outside No.10 at six o'clock. (BBC)

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:51 pm

Centrists when you call a Nazi a Nazi: "OMG how can you say that? That's so out of line. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a Nazi. The word has no meaning now!"

Centrists when you call a lefty a terrorist: *crickets*

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:10 am

Big day ahead for Boris & the country,never voted Tory in my life but your turning my head,Good luck you cuddly little furball.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:27 am

Steve1956 wrote:Big day ahead for Boris & the country,never voted Tory in my life but your turning my head,Good luck you cuddly little furball.
Labour have indicated they won't be granting an election so unlikely you'll be voting anytime soon

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:50 am

Spijed wrote:Labour have indicated they won't be granting an election so unlikely you'll be voting anytime soon
Corbyn has been asking for one for the last 18 months ...he will have no choice but to take his party in to a GE.