Boris

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1996 times
Has Liked: 1141 times

Re: Boris

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:18 pm

Congratulations Boris. A great result if only to ++++ IT off
These 3 users liked this post: RingoMcCartney Bosscat AlargeClaret

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:18 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I'm going to bookmark this and just link it the next time you post this rubbish.
Bookmark this

2010 UK general election- Turtle's choice lost (I voted for the winner) - Pull the other one!

2014 Scots independence referendum - Turtle's choice lost (My choice won) - Aye oreight!

2015 - UK General election- Turtle's choice lost (I voted for the winner) - Ed miliband lost

2016 EU referendum- Turtle's choice lost

2017 UK general election- Turtle's choice lost (I voted for the winner) - Corbyn lost

2018 Brazilian Presidential election - Turtle's choice lost (I didn't express a choice) - You didn't throw a week long tantrum using the term "nazi" and "Hitler" as you threw your toys out the pram, on hearing the result then!?

2019 EU parliamentary election - Turtle's choice lost (My vote helped elect an MEP) - unless you helped to elect a Brexit Party MEP, you were an also ran!

2019 Boris Johnson becomes PM! (I didn't have a choice) - it won't stop you whining and further increasing the number of stars in your rapidly angry posts though will it!?

This is the best though! Saved it till last!-

2016 USA presidential vote - Turtle's choice lost (She won by 3 million votes) :lol: :lol:

If that was the case, why is there at least 10 Trump threads that you alone , have contributed at least 50% of the posts that are just one giant permanent hissy fit!!!! :lol: :lol:

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:22 pm

FCBurnley wrote:Congratulations Boris. A great result if only to ++++ IT off
Why would it "++++" me off?

dsr
Been Liked: 4569 times
Has Liked: 2259 times

Post by dsr » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:26 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:(i)I swear when i have too little respect for either the person, or the post, i'm replying to. For someone like you you'll find I waste zero time using more respectful language. Maybe you should just "believe" that i'll gain respect for you so that you don't get upset by my asterisks in future.

(ii) I don't firmly believe that the experts are always right. That's another of your bullshit lies that you can't help yourself from spreading because you are a fundamentally dishonest person. This is why i have no respect for you. Not because you disagree with me so much. I don't care about that. The reason you get no respect from em is because you're always so full of ****. You just lie so ******* much. Everything you post is in bad faith. I say that i believe the overwhelming majority of experts and any layman who doesn't is a moron, and you pretend to yourself and others that that means i believe "the experts are always right".

Here you go, i'll set you a little task and we'll see if you're capable of pulling it off with any honesty whatsoever. You claim that the experts have already been proven wrong about Brexit. Obviously you're talking about being proven fundamentally wrong because surely not even you would consider a point of imprecision in a volatile scientific field like economics to, so why don't you explain to me just *how* the overwhelming majority of experts have been proven wrong already by Brexit. I wait with bated breath for your response.
You swear all the time. you have no respect for anyone who disagrees with you. You are a complete ***************************************, to use language you might understand. :roll:

See link. https://fullfact.org/economy/has-there- ... eferendum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 5 users liked this post: FCBurnley FactualFrank Rowls RingoMcCartney AndyClaret

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:30 pm

dsr wrote:You swear all the time. you have no respect for anyone who disagrees with you. You are a complete ***************************************, to use language you might understand. :roll:

See link. https://fullfact.org/economy/has-there- ... eferendum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You're referring to one person getting one thing wrong and that's your evidence that the overwhelming majority of experts were wrong?

This is why you get no respect. Not because you're wrong all the time, but because you're obviously wrong in a way that only a complete ******* moron, or a fundamentally dishonest person can be wrong. And I don't think you're a complete ******* moron.
These 2 users liked this post: Rowls Bosscat

Rowls
Been Liked: 5096 times
Has Liked: 5155 times

Post by Rowls » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You're referring to one person getting one thing wrong and that's your evidence that the overwhelming majority of experts were wrong?

This is why you get no respect. Not because you're wrong all the time, because you're obviously wrong in a way that only a complete ******* moron, or a fundamentally dishonest person can be wrong. And I don't think you're a complete ******* moron.
Well done dsr.

Always a good sign to score highly on Charlie's star chart.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank whiffa

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:37 pm

aggi wrote:I reckon the odds on us leaving with a slightly rejigged version of May's deal is pretty high. It will be rejigged and rephrased and Johnson will present it with a great deal of bluster about what a good deal it is and the concessions he's obtained but it will be basically the same.

I don't think there's any chance of a no-deal Brexit. The commons don't want it and I don't think Johnson wants it.
Yes this is roughly what i'd expect,Boris will get the WA tweaked,and try to resell it to parliament,he's also got the advantage of being a brexiteer(i'm not totally convinced myself) and he can win the ERG and the DUP over by dangling the prospect of no-brexit if they don't pass the WA,whether that will be enough to get a majority given the parliamentary arithmetic is anyone's guess.

However from the Conservative POV,the alternatives are worse,either another referendum,which would amplify the divide in the Conservative party,or even more unpalatable for the likes of JRM the prospect of a GE,and Mr Corbyn holding the keys to no 10.

You would think in this scenario enough MP'S would hold their noses and vote through the deal,but common sense seems to have gone out of the window,among the more overzealous ERG types so who knows which way they'll jump.

One absolute certainty is that parliament won't allow a no-deal brexit,even if it means bringing the whole house of cards down,so Boris has to somehow bring these competing ideologues to a compromise,in essence he's still got exactly the same problem Theresa May had.

I also get the impression that many brexiteers don't want a no-deal brexit either,as they can now see the consequences of crashing out,which wasn't even mooted as an option back in 2016.

Whatever occurs with brexit the chances of a snap election must still be high,even with the DUP'S support it's going to be virtually impossible for a minority Conservative government to pass any meaningful legislation,so i'd wager by next spring we'll all be heading to the polls once again.

Of course i could be totally wrong,because the only predictable thing about UK politics ATM is it's unpredictably.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2632 times
Has Liked: 6442 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:38 pm

I leave the page for half a day and then I come back to this...
DickWaving.gif
DickWaving.gif (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1960 times
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Sausage wrote:Except that he was democratically elected by members of the Conservative Party. How else would you have liked the leader of the Conservative party to have been chosen? Or are you saying that whenever a prime minister is changed there should be a general election? Why not expand that to the leader of the opposition too? After all, that's a critical role in our parliamentary democracy. Perhaps we should have a general election when the chancellor of the exchequer is changed, or the speaker in the House of Commons.

It seems odd that few people can understand that a prime minister is no more elected to that position by the populace than the defence secretary, business secretary or home secretary is. In an election you vote for someone to represent your constituency. That's it. If you believe you should vote on the basis of who you want as your prime minister, you risk electing an idiot to represent you.
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/u ... brown-2007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: SonofPog

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1996 times
Has Liked: 1141 times

Post by FCBurnley » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:53 pm

:lol:
Imploding Turtle wrote:Why would it "++++" me off?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:56 pm

When the far left finally calm down, and get on board with the rest of us, I feel Boris will finally be the PM to unite the people
This user liked this post: Anonymous

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Damo wrote:When the far left finally calm down, and get on board with the rest of us, I feel Boris will finally be the PM to unite the people
How can he unite the people when he's hated in Scotland?

whiffa
Been Liked: 512 times
Has Liked: 2597 times

Post by whiffa » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Rowls: *says something of differing opinion on an online messageboard*

Others: WTF YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU STUPID ****? HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME!!!!

Rowls: How can you not know? Do you even Google?

Others: EXPLAIN YOURSELF IMMEDIATELY, YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER **** ********* ******* OR ELSE I WIN AGAIN... ****

Rowls: <Insert "time of day" given>

-------------------

This is how it goes with people who only pretend to know what they're talking about. They can never explain why they think the things they think, because they know that any explanation will expose just how little thought has actually gone into forming that opinion.
Fixed that for you.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:06 pm

whiffa wrote:Fixed that for you.
Doesn't change my point.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:07 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You're referring to one person getting one thing wrong and that's your evidence that the overwhelming majority of experts were wrong?

This is why you get no respect. Not because you're wrong all the time, but because you're obviously wrong in a way that only a complete ******* moron, or a fundamentally dishonest person can be wrong. And I don't think you're a complete ******* moron.
But one person didn't get it wrong

Various people said-

There'd be a stock market crash

A housing market crash

An immediate and protracted recession following any vote to Leave.

Seimans, the German engineering group would leave.

That 18 months after any vote to Leave, upto 850,000 would join the dole queue.

A emergency budget on the morning following any vote to Leave.

A "BREXODUS" of the brightest and most talented workers.

"Confidence in the UK economy would evaporate over night" Alistair Darling

The hundreds of thousands of financial jobs in the City of London would up sticks and move to Europe.

Nissan would Leave

This was all held up as evidence from experts, that a leave vote would be disastrous for the UK.

Then when none of it transpired , the excuse was that they were simply "predictions" or "forecasts"

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:14 pm

Ringo,

It was also said extra money £350 could be available for the NHS once we leave.

That's now been agreed that is simply not true. - a complete and utter lie!

NOT A SINGLE EXTRA PENNY WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE ONCE WE LEAVE!

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:16 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:But one person didn't get it wrong

Various people said-

A housing market crash

A "BREXODUS" of the brightest and best.

The hundreds of thousands of financial jobs in the City of London would up sticks and move to Europe.

Nissan would Leave

This was all held up as evidence from experts, that a leave vote would be disastrous for the UK.

Then when none of it transpired , the excuse was that they were simply "predictions" or "forecasts"

Unless you can provide evidence that those were the views of the overwhelming majority of experts i'm just going to assume you're making it up.

Something i found funny this morning was when one of you lot (Colburn i think) touted how Britain was the 3rd biggest economy in the EU and how that fact was important in negotiations. The reason i found it funny was because when we had the referendum we were the 2nd biggest economy in the EU.
The economy is already being hurt by this. Our government is making concessions to companies like Nissan just to keep them here, and we're not allowed to know what they are. The experts are being proven right the closer we get to jumping off the cliff, and when you get your no deal catastrophe i'll be here to remind you how right they were. And i'm going to be smug-as-**** as I do it. :lol:

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4180 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:16 pm

Spijed wrote:Ringo,

How do you know not a single penny will be available ?
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:21 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:How do you know not a single penny will be available ?
Of that £350 million? Because it's going to cost us more than £350m/week to not be in the EU anymore. I think it is already, or it might be the actual figure EU membership costs us. I forget which. But the long and short of it is that the economic effect of not being in the EU will cost us more than the net membership cost of being in the EU.

You can't reassign money saved by not spending it in one place when the act of saving it costs you more money than you save.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:22 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:How do you know not a single penny will be available ?
Those who got involved with the quote on the side of the bus then said it actually didn't mean £350 million would be automatically available.

That would suggest a fair degree of backtracking.

https://www.joe.co.uk/politics/boris-jo ... aim-233323" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:23 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Of that £350 million? Because it's going to cost us more than £350m/week to not be in the EU anymore. I think it is already, or it might be the actual figure EU membership costs us. I forget which. But the long and short of it is that the economic effect of not being in the EU will cost us more than the net membership cost of being in the EU.

You can't reassign money saved by not spending it in one place when the act of saving it costs you more money than you save.

So in the next few years the budget for the NHS will never increase ? not even by 1p as spijed is claiming

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:24 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:So in the next few years the budget for the NHS will never increase ? not even by 1p as spijed is claiming
Of the money "saved" by not spending it on EU membership? No. Not a penny of that will be spent on the NHS.
This user liked this post: Spijed

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Of the money "saved" by not spending it on EU membership? No. Not a penny of that will be spent on the NHS.

Spijed claimed the amount was £350

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:28 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Spijed claimed the amount was £350
Yes. Most people can identify a type when they see one.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:28 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Yes. Most people can identify a type when they see one.

Think most on here can identify your type

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:29 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Think most on here can identify your type
Aaaaaaand we're back to talking about me.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:30 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Aaaaaaand we're back to talking about me.

You are the one stalking me by replying ? that is how your twisted logic works right ? Same way you are currently stalking rowls and ringo ?

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:31 pm

please can I refer you all to this... been done before...

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... =2&t=36513" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:32 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:You are the one stalking me by replying ? that is how your twisted logic works right ? Same way you are currently stalking rowls and ringo ?
We were having an on topic discussion, nothing i've ever had a problem with, and you know that.

You hung in there as long as you could, but when you realised i wasn't going to play your game of deliberately misinterpreting what Spijed had said, you decided to make the discussion personal, about me. It was only a matter of time.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:33 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Think most on here can identify your type
I must admit I don't think I could confidently identify his type.

If I was pushed I'd probably go for brunettes.

Although it was close between brunettes and redheads. I'd ruled out blondes for some reason. Don't ask me why. I just had a feeling.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:34 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:We were having an on topic discussion, nothing i've ever had a problem with, and you know that.

You hung in there as long as you could, but when you realised i wasn't going to play your game of deliberately misinterpreting what Spijed had said, you decided to make the discussion personal, about me. It was only a matter of time.

Aww, well I will be nice to you then we don't have another hissy fit of you playing the victim of bullying.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1812 times
Has Liked: 1792 times

Post by dougcollins » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:37 pm

This will be the point I stop referring to him as 'Boris'. He's become far more dangerous now.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:39 pm

One poster’s instability is being demonstrated again. No doubt sweating and twitching feverishly as he rapidly types into the keyboard.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:39 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Aww, well I will be nice to you then we don't have another hissy fit of you playing the victim of bullying.

Look. Even though i was sure you were discussing in bad faith i gave you the benefit of the doubt and for the first time that I can remember you and I briefly had an on-topic conversation about something. But you couldn't resist making it about me personally. Own your failure. Stop trying to blame the victims of your bullying for their own bullying.

Maybe this is a process though. Maybe next time you'll be able to hold a conversation longer before giving in to your instincts. And then the time after that maybe it will be longer still. Good luck with that.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Blackrod wrote:One poster’s instability is being demonstrated again. No doubt sweating and twitching feverishly as he rapidly types into the keyboard.
See? When one does it, others like him soon follow.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:44 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Will do my best you little victim.

In the meantime maybe you could be less of a hypocrite and stop doing to others on here what you don't like being done to you. That way everyone can get along rather than it being all about what you want. If not then we can just carry on this way as you can be given what you give out, either way I am fine with it love.
*sigh*

This might end in me getting banned for bickering, but if you're going to accuse me of something then i feel i have a right to ask you to provide evidence.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:46 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:*sigh*

This might end in me getting banned for bickering, but if you're going to accuse me of something then i feel i have a right to ask you to provide evidence.

You want evidence of where you come across as rude ? or your replies to people like ringo and rowls could come across as bullying ?

You are more capable on a pc than me how do I do a link that links almost every post you have ever made on here on that username and all your others ?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:46 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Unless you can provide evidence that those were the views of the overwhelming majority of experts i'm just going to assume you're making it up.

Something i found funny this morning was when one of you lot (Colburn i think) touted how Britain was the 3rd biggest economy in the EU and how that fact was important in negotiations. The reason i found it funny was because when we had the referendum we were the 2nd biggest economy in the EU.
The economy is already being hurt by this. Our government is making concessions to companies like Nissan just to keep them here, and we're not allowed to know what they are. The experts are being proven right the closer we get to jumping off the cliff, and when you get your no deal catastrophe i'll be here to remind you how right they were. And i'm going to be smug-as-**** as I do it. :lol:
Now you're saying

Imploding Turtle wrote:Unless you can provide evidence that those were the views of the overwhelming majority of experts i'm just going to assume you're making it up.
I never said it was the majority . I said it wasn't just "one person getting one thing wrong " it was various people that spouted garbage , as they're still doing today

Attempting to move the goalposts won't change the fact that I've shown many examples of evidence from experts was nothing of the sort. And when they've subsequently been shown to have been wrong it was glibly passed off by the gullible fools that fell for it as , just "forecasts" and "predictions"

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:47 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Only an uneducated, illiterate clown would attempt to claim I'm the one comparing Boris Johnson to Hitler, Greenmile.

However, I'm willing to use your own logic, and the words "Greenmile" and "uneducated illiterate clown" are all mentioned in the previous sentence.

Try doing the maths.

You've proven English isn't your strong subject :lol:
You know what, Ringo? You’re right.

One would have to be an uneducated illiterate clown to see someone mentioning two people in the same sentence (or “breath”), and to deduce from that that they are comparing those two people.

How silly I feel now.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:50 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:You want evidence of where you come across as rude ? or your replies to people like ringo and rowls could come across as bullying ?

You are more capable on a pc than me how do I do a link that links almost every post you have ever made on here on that username and all your others ?
You can right-click/long-press on the link above each post and copy-paste it into a reply to link directly to a post. Like this with the "Re: Boris" link at the top of your post.
here http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 8#p1056715" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now you've no excuse. Go forth and gather your evidence.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:51 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:You want evidence of where you come across as rude ? or your replies to people like ringo and rowls could come across as bullying ?

Helped you out there...

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 5&sr=posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For what it’s worth IT is a reactive forum user who will defend his viewpoint, Rowls and Ringo are both protagonists who will go out of their way to antagonise anyone on the forum who disagrees with them.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:52 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Now you're saying

I never said it was the majority . I said it wasn't just "one person getting one thing wrong " it was various people that spouted garbage , as they're still doing today

Attempting to move the goalposts won't change the fact that I've shown many examples of evidence from experts was nothing of the sort. And when they've subsequently been shown to have been wrong it was glibly passed off by the gullible fools that fell for it as , just "forecasts" and "predictions"

"attempting to move the goalposts" he says. Like, winning a referendum on the basis that the idea of leaving the EU without a deal is "Project Fear" and then after the referendum claiming that there's a mandate to leave without a deal?

Yeah, alright.
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 588 times

Post by rob63 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Siddo wrote:Please can we not call him Boris. Every other PM was generally referred to bu using their last name.
Calling this person by his first name infers friendliness, acceptance, even an amount of likeability.
He is a dangerous, self serving, arrogant semi fascist and I will never, ever call him anything other than Johnson.
God help the north of England for investment when he gets in and we leave the EU. It will make the winter of discontent look like last summer.
Tosser!
Yes, he's definitely a Johnson!
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Spijed wrote:Ringo,

The bus argument has been done to death. Let's say I agree with you. Which one of these came true?

A housing market crash

Nissan would Leave 

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:54 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:Helped you out there...

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 5&sr=posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For what it’s worth IT is a reactive forum user who will defend his viewpoint, Rowls and Ringo are both protagonists who will go out of their way to antagonise anyone on the forum who disagrees with them.

True in the main, he also post things to get a reaction and resorts to insults and swearing to things he doesn't like or agree with very quickly as well.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:54 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:"attempting to move the goalposts" he says. Like, winning a referendum on the basis that Leaving without a deal is "Project Fear" and then after the referendum claiming that there's a mandate to leave without a deal?

Yeah, alright.
Which of this evidence that voting leave would be economically disastrous for the UK, came true?

A housing market crash

Nissan would Leave 

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:56 pm

rob63 wrote:Yes, he's definitely a Johnson!
https://youtu.be/ARXqNc5DGXU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“Johnson, get on to British intelligence...” :D

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:56 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng ... t-he-meant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/07/f ... ry-speech/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No substance - just like he was as mayor of London. Just hot air.

Curious though what Leave supporters took from this? He's going to deliver brexit, but apart from talking about a 'can do' spirit, and energising the country, there's no meat and potatoes on the plate. He must have a plan, and I can understand why he might be keeping it close to his chest at present, but he appears to have promised everything to everyone, and from my perspective, the numbers just don't add up. Either it's a very cunning plan, or he's really just going to put his head down and charge into it, flailing blindly.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:59 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:True in the main, he also post things to get a reaction and resorts to insults and swearing to things he doesn't like or agree with very quickly as well.

"posts things to get a reaction"

Evidence? Is that the only reason you think i post those things? What posts are you talking about?

"resorts to insults"
I insult opinions. Has an opinion ever come to you and complained that i was mean to it?
I sometimes post insults, by mistake, but they're never for the reason you people seem to like to pretend they're for.

"swearing"
:lol: Swearing upsets you now? I guess swearing is too politically incorrect for you, eh?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:00 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:A self confessed misogynist ...

Why is it that you're allowed to just make this kind of accusation on here when you know it's blatantly false? Wasn't there a big hoo-ha-ha at Christmas about someone posting lies about others? I missed what it was about but it earned the forum a sticky post called "Posting libel on this forum", or something similar.
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Greenmile