Headline news

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
# 1
Steve1956
Posts: 6769
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2086 times
Has Liked: 1067 times
Location: Fife

Headline news

Postby Steve1956 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:55 am

We appoint a new prime minister,meanwhile the headline news in Scotland is a car has crashed into Andy Murray's golden post box and knocked it over . :lol:
This user liked this post: Bosscat

# 2
Fretters
Posts: 1055
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:56 am
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 296 times

Re: Headline news

Postby Fretters » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:57 am

Maybe the two stories are linked? Sounds like something Boris would do.
This user liked this post: Steve1956

# 3
Steve1956
Posts: 6769
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2086 times
Has Liked: 1067 times
Location: Fife

Re: Headline news

Postby Steve1956 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:58 am

:lol:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (435.93 KiB) Viewed 2470 times

# 4
Reckoner
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:33 pm
Been Liked: 68 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: Headline news

Postby Reckoner » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:58 am

Would be so much better to have a dead Boris and a letterbox for PM.
These 2 users liked this post: Fretters Rick_Muller

# 5
Steve1956
Posts: 6769
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2086 times
Has Liked: 1067 times
Location: Fife

Re: Headline news

Postby Steve1956 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:59 am

Reckoner wrote:Would be so much better to have a dead Boris and a letterbox for PM.

Cruel. :)

# 6
Fretters
Posts: 1055
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:56 am
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 296 times

Re: Headline news

Postby Fretters » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:01 am

Boris would call this a racist attack.

# 7
Right_winger
Posts: 1589
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:28 pm
Been Liked: 338 times
Has Liked: 345 times

Re: Headline news

Postby Right_winger » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:04 am

Reckoner wrote:Would be so much better to have a dead Boris and a letterbox for PM.


The tolerant left strikes again.
These 2 users liked this post: gandhisflipflop burnleymik

# 8
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 19517
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5313 times
Has Liked: 2466 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Headline news

Postby Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:07 am

In reply to a joke...

Right_winger wrote:The tolerant left strikes again.



11 hours earlier ...

Right_winger wrote:Trump and Boris excellent. A duo which winds up the gurning snowflakes no end.

# 9
Bosscat
Posts: 4837
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1461 times
Has Liked: 3899 times

Re: Headline news

Postby Bosscat » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:09 am

[quote="Steve1956"]:lol:

Bloody hell heres the pic of the car :lol: :lol: :lol:
uk-scotland-tayside-central-49076434.png
uk-scotland-tayside-central-49076434.png (368.01 KiB) Viewed 2317 times

# 10
Steve1956
Posts: 6769
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2086 times
Has Liked: 1067 times
Location: Fife

Re: Headline news

Postby Steve1956 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:15 am

Thought his mum would have plenty to say...leave him alone ffs hes a grown man with children
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

# 11
bfcjg
Posts: 4838
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm
Been Liked: 1769 times
Has Liked: 1799 times

Re: Headline news

Postby bfcjg » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:27 pm

It will be the only grand slam Murrays ever likely to be involved in these days.

# 12
FactualFrank
Posts: 15741
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 4302 times
Has Liked: 7605 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Headline news

Postby FactualFrank » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:39 pm

BREAKING: Britain now the same temperature as Hell, but with a less likeable leader.
These 3 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Falcon Bosscat

# 13
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 19517
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5313 times
Has Liked: 2466 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Headline news

Postby Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:40 pm

All the best people are in hell. Heaven is full of religious *****.

# 14
Dyched
Posts: 3872
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:34 am
Been Liked: 1256 times
Has Liked: 303 times

Re: Headline news

Postby Dyched » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:44 pm

How do cars even run?

# 15
gandhisflipflop
Posts: 1948
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm
Been Liked: 655 times
Has Liked: 490 times
Location: Costa del Padihamos beach.

Re: Headline news

Postby gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:45 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:In reply to a joke...




11 hours earlier ...



I've no idea why I'm even bothering but I'm not sure what relevance your point has.

# 16
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 19517
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5313 times
Has Liked: 2466 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Headline news

Postby Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:50 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:I've no idea why I'm even bothering but I'm not sure what relevance your point has.



I don't suppose you would.

# 17
houseboy
Posts: 3530
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 860 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: Headline news

Postby houseboy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Steve1956 wrote:We appoint a new prime minister,meanwhile the headline news in Scotland is a car has crashed into Andy Murray's golden post box and knocked it over . :lol:

I can see the logic in this though Steve. Somebody running over Murray's post box is news. Boris becoming PM was news about 4 weeks ago, effectively. And you are talking about Scotland, where half the population won't even accept him as their leader. They want Nicola 'mad cow disease' Sturgeon as their PM. Just imagine a triumvirate of Trump, Johnson and Sturgeon - the lunatics really would be running the asylum. In fact considering the importance of Sturgeon (or lack of it) I suppose we are already well on the way to hell on a handcart, we might as well have Burke and Hare running the Western world.

I despair, I really do.

# 18
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 19517
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5313 times
Has Liked: 2466 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Headline news

Postby Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:46 pm

houseboy wrote:I can see the logic in this though Steve. Somebody running over Murray's post box is news. Boris becoming PM was news about 4 weeks ago, effectively. And you are talking about Scotland, where half the population won't even accept him as their leader. They want Nicola 'mad cow disease' Sturgeon as their PM. Just imagine a triumvirate of Trump, Johnson and Sturgeon - the lunatics really would be running the asylum. In fact considering the importance of Sturgeon (or lack of it) I suppose we are already well on the way to hell on a handcart, we might as well have Burke and Hare running the Western world.

I despair, I really do.



I believe this proves my point in another thread.

Houseboy, what is it about Sturgeon that makes you think she's comparable to Trump and Johnson?
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

# 19
Steve1956
Posts: 6769
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2086 times
Has Liked: 1067 times
Location: Fife

Re: Headline news

Postby Steve1956 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:47 pm

houseboy wrote:I can see the logic in this though Steve. Somebody running over Murray's post box is news. Boris becoming PM was news about 4 weeks ago, effectively. And you are talking about Scotland, where half the population won't even accept him as their leader. They want Nicola 'mad cow disease' Sturgeon as their PM. Just imagine a triumvirate of Trump, Johnson and Sturgeon - the lunatics really would be running the asylum. In fact considering the importance of Sturgeon (or lack of it) I suppose we are already well on the way to hell on a handcart, we might as well have Burke and Hare running the Western world.

I despair, I really do.

:lol: I love it up here Scottish politics is funny as F**k.

# 20
houseboy
Posts: 3530
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 860 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: Headline news

Postby houseboy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:53 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I believe this proves my point in another thread.

Houseboy, what is it about Sturgeon that makes you think she's comparable to Trump and Johnson?

Apart from being completely bonkers I don't know. I know politically she would be a minnow (to say the least) but she is well up there in the bonkers stakes. I don't think she realises that it appears that half the population of her beloved Scotland has no interest in anything she's got to say. She's actually worse than a remainer in her obsession with Scottish independence - I swear she'd have a vote on it every month until she got what she wanted. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by houseboy on Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

# 21
houseboy
Posts: 3530
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 860 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: Headline news

Postby houseboy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Steve1956 wrote::lol: I love it up here Scottish politics is funny as F**k.

The greatest living Scotsman (Billy Connelly) once said (something like), 'As soon as someone puts themselves forward for election that should immediately disqualify them'. I really do feel these days that this is right.
These 3 users liked this post: Steve1956 Bosscat tiger76

# 22
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 19517
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5313 times
Has Liked: 2466 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Headline news

Postby Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:03 pm

houseboy wrote:Apart from being completely bonkers I don't know. ...



Ok. So what is it about her that you think makes her "completely bonkers"?

# 23
houseboy
Posts: 3530
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 860 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: Headline news

Postby houseboy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Ok. So what is it about her that you think makes her "completely bonkers"?

You know when you hear someone talk (or see their writings) and you just get the impression they are slightly unhinged in some way? Especially when they are so obviously obsessed by a single issue (whatever it be). Come on bud - you just KNOW what I mean, don't you? ;)

# 24
Damo
Posts: 3195
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:04 pm
Been Liked: 1195 times
Has Liked: 1892 times

Re: Headline news

Postby Damo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Doesn't her fondness of nationalism automatically make her a racist Charlie?
This user liked this post: Bosscat

# 25
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 19517
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5313 times
Has Liked: 2466 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Headline news

Postby Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:35 pm

houseboy wrote:You know when you hear someone talk (or see their writings) and you just get the impression they are slightly unhinged in some way? Especially when they are so obviously obsessed by a single issue (whatever it be). Come on bud - you just KNOW what I mean, don't you? ;)


So, nothing. You have no reason to think that. :roll:

# 26
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 19517
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5313 times
Has Liked: 2466 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Headline news

Postby Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:36 pm

Damo wrote:Doesn't her fondness of nationalism automatically make her a racist Charlie?


No.

# 27
houseboy
Posts: 3530
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 860 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: Headline news

Postby houseboy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:42 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:So, nothing. You have no reason to think that. :roll:

If you say so IT...if you say so.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, where total obsession is seen as a form of mental illness... :lol:

# 28
UpTheClaretsFCBK
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:17 pm
Been Liked: 212 times
Has Liked: 13 times
Location: Blackburn

Re: Headline news

Postby UpTheClaretsFCBK » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:43 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:I've no idea why I'm even bothering but I'm not sure what relevance your point has.


Probably says more about you than it does about the joke.

# 29
Tall Paul
Posts: 4935
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:07 am
Been Liked: 1798 times
Has Liked: 431 times

Re: Headline news

Postby Tall Paul » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:54 pm

Houseboy is completely bonkers.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

# 30
gandhisflipflop
Posts: 1948
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm
Been Liked: 655 times
Has Liked: 490 times
Location: Costa del Padihamos beach.

Re: Headline news

Postby gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:12 pm

UpTheClaretsFCBK wrote:Probably says more about you than it does about the joke.


It doesn't really though does it?

# 31
houseboy
Posts: 3530
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 860 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: Headline news

Postby houseboy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:All the best people are in hell. Heaven is full of religious *****.

Just to use your own logic IT mate:

To justify this statement you would first have to prove the existence of Heaven and Hell.
You would then have to define exactly what you mean by 'the best people' (given that 'best' is a subjective term).
Depending on what ***** actually represents you then have to explain your reasons for coming to that conclusion (as per the word 'bonkers' for instance in a previous post).
In the unlikely event of you being able to do all of the above you would still have the problem of proving that said people (who may or may not be the 'best' or 'religious' or indeed '*****') are actually in either of the, as yet unproven to exist, places.

Sorry to sound a little pedantic but I was just putting myself in your space for a few minutes.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

# 32
Bosscat
Posts: 4837
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1461 times
Has Liked: 3899 times

Re: Headline news

Postby Bosscat » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:30 pm

houseboy wrote:You know when you hear someone talk (or see their writings) and you just get the impression they are slightly unhinged in some way? Especially when they are so obviously obsessed by a single issue (whatever it be). Come on bud - you just KNOW what I mean, don't you? ;)

Perhaps because IT is Bonkers house m8 ;)

You know you shouldn't be Bonkerist on here its very unPC m8 :D :D

# 33
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 19517
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5313 times
Has Liked: 2466 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Headline news

Postby Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:30 pm

houseboy wrote:Just to use your own logic IT mate:

To justify this statement you would first have to prove the existence of Heaven and Hell.
You would then have to define exactly what you mean by 'the best people' (given that 'best' is a subjective term).
Depending on what ***** actually represents you then have to explain your reasons for coming to that conclusion (as per the word 'bonkers' for instance in a previous post).
In the unlikely event of you being able to do all of the above you would still have the problem of proving that said people (who may or may not be the 'best' or 'religious' or indeed '*****') are actually in either of the, as yet unproven to exist, places.

Sorry to sound a little pedantic but I was just putting myself in your space for a few minutes.



I think most people know that my comment was a joke. I don't feel the need to explain jokes or back up jokes with facts. But were I to make an assertion about someone then i would be able to back that assertion up with facts.

# 34
houseboy
Posts: 3530
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 860 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: Headline news

Postby houseboy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:23 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I think most people know that my comment was a joke. I don't feel the need to explain jokes or back up jokes with facts. But were I to make an assertion about someone then i would be able to back that assertion up with facts.

So you can't justify your statement then? And how would you back up with facts? Oh yes, you would do what all argumentative pedants do and trawl the internet until you found 'facts' that fit your argument, even though there would be other 'facts' on the internet that would prove the opposite. You see mate I don't need to do that. My off-the-cuff statement about Sturgeon was also in the 'joke' mode but based in some fact, in the sense that obsessive behaviour is one (just one) sign of mental instability and that she is obsessed with a political dogma cannot be denied.

I have justified my off-the-cuff statement - you have yet to do so. If you don't like pedantry don't play the pedant.

# 35
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 19517
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5313 times
Has Liked: 2466 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Headline news

Postby Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:28 pm

houseboy wrote:So you can't justify your statement then? And how would you back up with facts? Oh yes, you would do what all argumentative pedants do and trawl the internet until you found 'facts' that fit your argument, even though there would be other 'facts' on the internet that would prove the opposite. You see mate I don't need to do that. My off-the-cuff statement about Sturgeon was also in the 'joke' mode but based in some fact, in the sense that obsessive behaviour is one (just one) sign of mental instability and that she is obsessed with a political dogma cannot be denied.

I have justified my off-the-cuff statement - you have yet to do so. If you don't like pedantry don't play the pedant.


Happily. What statement do you want me to justify?

# 36
houseboy
Posts: 3530
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 860 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: Headline news

Postby houseboy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Bosscat wrote:Perhaps because IT is Bonkers house m8 ;)

You know you shouldn't be Bonkerist on here its very unPC m8 :D :D

Ha ha! I'm just having a bit of frivolity with IT. You know sometimes, when I'm bored, I like to poke the lion with Albert's stick. If I were to say that I care about what he thinks it would be...let me think...a great big lie. Pedants are great fun because they don't like pedantry...when it's aimed at them.

Incidentally Boss how very dare you suggest that I am un-PC. I have recently resigned my membership of the Ku Klux Klan, I have consigned my pitch fork and burning torch to the bin, I've started swearing in front of women (that's what they want isn't it?), I have stopped campaigning to bring back the birch and only last week I gave up beating my wife (unless she deserves it). What more can I do? Date a lesbian? :lol: :lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: Bosscat

# 37
Bosscat
Posts: 4837
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1461 times
Has Liked: 3899 times

Re: Headline news

Postby Bosscat » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:26 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Happily. What statement do you want me to justify?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It would take years IT ... Years :lol: :lol: :lol:

# 38
Imploding Turtle
Posts: 19517
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5313 times
Has Liked: 2466 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: Headline news

Postby Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:28 pm

houseboy wrote:Ha ha! I'm just having a bit of frivolity with IT. You know sometimes, when I'm bored, I like to poke the lion with Albert's stick. If I were to say that I care about what he thinks it would be...let me think...a great big lie. Pedants are great fun because they don't like pedantry...when it's aimed at them.

Incidentally Boss how very dare you suggest that I am un-PC. I have recently resigned my membership of the Ku Klux Klan, I have consigned my pitch fork and burning torch to the bin, I've started swearing in front of women (that's what they want isn't it?), I have stopped campaigning to bring back the birch and only last week I gave up beating my wife (unless she deserves it). What more can I do? Date a lesbian? :lol: :lol: :lol:



It's not pedantry to ask you to explain your opinions. You expressed an opinion, and I asked you to explain why you held that opinion. There's nothing wrong with that.

# 39
houseboy
Posts: 3530
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 860 times
Location: Baxenden

Re: Headline news

Postby houseboy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:12 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:It's not pedantry to ask you to explain your opinions. You expressed an opinion, and I asked you to explain why you held that opinion. There's nothing wrong with that.

Only joking mate. Don't take anything I say too seriously (unless I am being serious). For what it's worth (and I could get shot down for saying this by some) I think this forum would be all the worse if you weren't on it. Let's face it considering what the average age appears to be on here we should all know better and get a life.

Just to clear up the Sturgeon thing (and I don't want to drag it out) I personally believe (please note opinion not statement of fact ;) ) that she is a little bonkers because she is more than a little obsessed with the Scottish independence thing (obsession is a sign of possible instability) and there seems to be more than a little madness in her eyes whenever I see her. I think the main difference between her and, say, Boris the Spider is Boris is more of a buffoon (maybe more dangerous for that, I don't know) whereas Sturgeon actually seems to take herself very seriously. i say this with no malice about her because I genuinely don't have a problem with Scottish independence if that's what they want, they need us more than we need them I would think.

For me, as a Labour voter (apart from when we went to illegal war with Iraq) the only down side to Scottish self-rule is the potential for perpetual Tory government here, which fills me with absolute horror (but that is a whole other argument).

Have a nice day bud (don't ya just love a good argument). :lol:
This user liked this post: Bosscat

# 40
No Ney Never
Posts: 1794
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:31 pm
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 241 times

Re: Headline news

Postby No Ney Never » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:50 am

Sturgeon bobbing her head and shoulders when giving a speech isn't bad enough, she's an angry little f##ker too.
She's definitely beyond focused.


Return to “The Bee Hole End”