Joe Hart

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
No Ney Never
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Joe Hart

Post by No Ney Never » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:06 am

Newly promoted Premier League side Sheffield United are considering a move for former England international goalkeeper Joe Hart, 32, from Burnley. (Mail)

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Re: Joe Hart

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:08 am

Have you started your own thread because you haven't provided a link? :)

NL Claret
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:19 am

Burnley are paying his wages.

Bet the conjecture has already started on up the bladesmen...........they will know the ins and outs of his contract like utc posters.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 961 times

Post by claretblue » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:27 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:Have you started your own thread because you haven't provided a link? :)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... erson.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:37 am

Played well the other night and looked like he was enjoying himself - was good to see a good bit of banter with The Burnley fans. Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay. But would be an excellent signing for Sheff Utd.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:54 am

Immense .....And He Looks Happy At Burnley

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:10 am

I think he will stay
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Selby Claret
Been Liked: 402 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by Selby Claret » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:11 am

Sky reporting Blades close to securing Dean Henderson again for another year - could mean any move for Hart is aborted

I personally think that, now Billy M has had a full year and now a full preseason to get his teeth into Joe, we may see the benefits of that this year (as apparently evidenced v Fleetwood). Don't be too surprised if his name is at the top of the sheet v Southampton......

For the record, I'd still rather it was Tom or Popey until convinced otherwise
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:20 am

I'm in our Sheffield office next Tuesday and they have a fair sprinkling of Blades (and Owls of course), I'll see what their take is on this. Until I started going there recently I didn't realise just what a footy mad place Sheffield is - very divided geographically for the two teams, more so than say Liverpool or Manchester, it seems as though who you support depends pretty much in which part of the City you were born. The response is weird as well, if you mention Wednesday to a Blade (or vice versa) it's not any kind of vicious nasty thing, what you get is a kind of 'groan' and shaking of the head as if they can't even be bothered talking about the rival - very odd.

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:28 am

If heaton ***** off and pope gets injured harts excellent back up

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:41 am

Hart off.
Looked sharp in the 'highliggts' from Fleetwood.

Good free transfer. Not sure why, no fee.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:53 am

Be a good move all round .Be a top signing for them and JH gets guaranteed prem time . Despite what some in here may think Hart is still a high class goalkeeper with plenty of miles on the clock .
These 8 users liked this post: tim_noone burnmark theroyaldyche bobinho burnleymik mybloodisclaret Buxtonclaret cricketfieldclarets

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:58 am

Im more concerned with whats good for us than helping out Sheffield United
These 3 users liked this post: tim_noone Bosscat FactualFrank

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:31 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:Im more concerned with whats good for us than helping out Sheffield United
Definitely, I would rather pay Joe his wages to sit on our bench twiddling his thumbs than allow a rival to fill the obvious weak spot in their team with a quality option - for free. Not to mention the fact that Joe has had a full year to gather valuable knowledge about our entire set up.

If somebody offered me £2-3m ( the possible cost of Joes wages ) to reduce the effectiveness of a direct competitor I would snap their hand off. Providing that it didn't revolve around some illegal skulduggery of course.

Whatever makes your opponent(s) weaker makes you stronger and vice versa.

However, if the rumour mill is correct they will get Henderson, after the De Gea situation has been sorted out. Although I wouldn't rule out the addition of Hart as well. Being reliant on loans to fill a key position from season to season isn't a smart move and being without a quality back up is equally questionable.

If they don't get Henderson again, the fine line of nefarious strategy would be to string them along and then put a block on a move, reducing the time they have to source a decent keeper.

Different season, same minimum objective - beat three teams to stay up. Sheffield United look like the most likely to go down if they don't add a quality keeper to their squad.

Without a quality keeper they could be this seasons Huddersfield, which would make our task a lot easier.

Joe isn't going to fancy a move to the Championship, and few clubs could afford his wages. If he does leave then I would prefer to see him go to a good foreign club, instead of risking his career on the ability of Sheffield Utd to stay up - and the foreign window has a month longer to run than ours.

Sun and Sangria or a season under constant pressure at Sheffield, followed up with a likely relegation slap in the face. It doesn't seem like a difficult choice to make. Inter Miami CF, in either this window or the next, would be my bet for the most likely destination for Joe.

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:09 pm

That'd be a good move for both parties. He played well for us last year in the most part (bar the Everton home game) and showed that he is good enough to be starting for some teams. We happen to have 2 keepers who are better with all aspects of our game, so a move like this would possible reignite him again

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3139 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:19 pm

[quote="IanMcL"]Hart off.
Looked sharp in the 'highliggts' from Fleetwood./quote]

His positioning for the badly missed header late on is exactly why he will never be a fit for Burnley.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:30 pm

Aye. Cos we’ve NEVER had a keeper who made the odd positional mistake...

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:53 pm

bobinho wrote:Aye. Cos we’ve NEVER had a keeper who made the odd positional mistake...
Not at PL level

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:54 pm

boatshed bill wrote:Not at PL level
Matter of opinion . Heaton made a few mistakes last season and also port vales goal on saturday. Everybody makes mistakes

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:03 pm

[quote="Reecey1987"]Matter of opinion . Heaton made a few mistakes last season and also port vales goal on saturday. Everybody makes mistakes[/quote
It's not really a mistake, more that JH doesn't like coming for crosses. I believe we need our goalkeeper to take this responsibility, which is why NP is almost certainly going to be our No 1 this season.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:11 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
People need to give the guy a break . He may make the odd mistake same as everybody else . Look at all the quality saves he made and kept us in games . Everybody seems to forget about them . Joe hart never had a full pre season with us last year and also got thrown in at the deep end with europa league . Who knows he may well be a different goal keeper this season we need to give him a proper chance . If dyche see's something in him then who are we to judge ? He may well end up going but on the other hand he may end up staying
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:12 pm

I have a feeling Joe will stay and Heaton will go.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:17 pm

Reecey1987 wrote:People need to give the guy a break . He may make the odd mistake same as everybody else . Look at all the quality saves he made and kept us in games . Everybody seems to forget about them . Joe hart never had a full pre season with us last year and also got thrown in at the deep end with europa league . Who knows he may well be a different goal keeper this season we need to give him a proper chance . If dyche see's something in him then who are we to judge ? He may well end up going but on the other hand he may end up staying
Watching that training video from Portugal you'd have to say he looked every bit a top goalkeeper, all I'm saying is that his lack of command of the penalty area puts us at risk, which is why I don't see him as a fit for Burnley.

MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by MRG » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Joe Hart did very little wrong when called upon. Those who blame Hart for the embarrassing performances of 4 highly paid professional footballers (including the captain at the time) are clutching at straws at best and are deluded at worse
These 5 users liked this post: Burnley1989 Quicknick wilks_bfc Buxtonclaret cricketfieldclarets

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8431 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:34 pm

MRG wrote:Joe Hart did very little wrong when called upon. Those who blame Hart for the embarrassing performances of 4 highly paid professional footballers (including the captain at the time) are clutching at straws at best and are deluded at worse
Can you explain why the team suddenly started getting results when Hart was dropped to the bench and Heaton put back between the sticks then....

Just a thought
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:38 pm

MRG wrote:Joe Hart did very little wrong when called upon. Those who blame Hart for the embarrassing performances of 4 highly paid professional footballers (including the captain at the time) are clutching at straws at best and are deluded at worse
I don't suppose we'll ever get to the bottom of why our back 5 (highly paid professional footballers) put in the thick end of 20 poor performances, but I know that the improvement I saw with TH back in goal was not a dellusion.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank Bosscat

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2154 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:42 pm

To be fair that was always going to happen, they’re not bad players

MRG

Post by MRG » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:01 pm

Bosscat wrote:Can you explain why the team suddenly started getting results when Hart was dropped to the bench and Heaton put back between the sticks then....

Just a thought
The same reason that they played like Barcelona up until Xmas 2018 then looked like they had never been on a football pitch together for the majority of the remainder of the season!

The issue was with the defence, not Pope or Hart
This user liked this post: Quicknick

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:09 pm

MRG wrote:The same reason that they played like Barcelona up until Xmas 2018 then looked like they had never been on a football pitch together for the majority of the remainder of the season!

Interesting viewpoint.
Although the loss of Defour didn't help, nor a degree of complacency (or was it a nose bleed?) due to our high position.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:16 pm

Bosscat wrote:Can you explain why the team suddenly started getting results when Hart was dropped to the bench and Heaton put back between the sticks then....

Just a thought
Looked to me like Hart was indirectly the reason - so not down to his skill of saving, not down to his handling, nor his kicking, but more communication with his defence. When Heaton came in, the defence improved and the players looked more up for it and confidence clearly went up.

So like I say, not directly Hart's fault, but it was clear to a blind man that the switch improved our overall play and our defence. That then begs the question, could the same thing happen again if Hart was called into action?
These 2 users liked this post: boatshed bill Bosscat

NL Claret
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:17 pm

Just a thought
Here's an alternative view to it was all Hart's fault.

Lowton who had been shocking, including an absolute stinker against everton, was replaced by Bardsley who had an excellent season. Good enough to get another year on his contract.

Tarky wasn't fit early in the season.

Mee and Taylor looked like bog standard championship defenders.

McNeil - doesn't need explaining..

The form of Westwood and and Hendrick. Yes Hendrick.

The Wood Barnes partnership came back together.

Then again if utc posters just like / dislike certain players for unknown reasons you can pin the poor first half of the season on them.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:24 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Looked to me like Hart was indirectly the reason - so not down to his skill of saving, not down to his handling, nor his kicking, but more communication with his defence. When Heaton came in, the defence improved and the players looked more up for it and confidence clearly went up.

So like I say, not directly Hart's fault, but it was clear to a blind man that the switch improved our overall play and our defence. That then begs the question, could the same thing happen again if Hart was called into action?
That's basically all I'm saying. However good/bad JH might be, wether one likes/dislikes him, he will never be a fit for Burnley
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8431 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:25 pm

MRG wrote:The same reason that they played like Barcelona up until Xmas 2018 then looked like they had never been on a football pitch together for the majority of the remainder of the season!

Barcelona :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:26 pm

We are crazy if we let Hart go on a free. For Gods sake at least recoup what we have paid him in wages.

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1485 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:33 pm

I'll drive him to Sheffield myself. To guarantee one of the three relegation spots filled, I'd even give him a tenner a week on top to go!

MRG

Post by MRG » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:39 pm

Also, I believe that he was voted mom on this forum for a good proportion of the games that he played in. It apparently became his fault in hindsight yet mom at the actual time

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 578 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:59 pm

NL Claret wrote:Here's an alternative view to it was all Hart's fault.

Lowton who had been shocking, including an absolute stinker against everton, was replaced by Bardsley who had an excellent season. Good enough to get another year on his contract.

Then again if utc posters just like / dislike certain players for unknown reasons you can pin the poor first half of the season on them.
Funny how all those things simultaneously rectified themselves when Dyche dropped Hart. Also funny how he was playing so well that a manager who doesn’t really like making a substitution never mind dropping a player, dropped him.

But you carry on banging on about “UTC posters” for the umpteenth time.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:04 pm

NL Claret wrote:Here's an alternative view to it was all Hart's fault.

Bang on the money, do we blame Vokes? Because when Barnes and Wood partnership came into the side we started to win. Do we blame Brady and Lennon? Because we were also a much better side when they were out of it.

Burnley fans need a scapegoat, Joe Hart is that.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:25 pm

The scapegoat should be Dyche.

The team was awful and he didn't do anything until the last moment.
The big change came about when he stopped wingeing about other teams cheating and changed a number of players, mainly Bardsley and Barnes. Those two got stuck in and changed the whole atmosphere.
If he had have kept Hart in the team at that point , I believe he would have kept his position all season.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:27 pm

It’s Joe Harts fault Vokes couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo for 6 months and it’s defin Hart’s fault Lennon has had a handful of good games in 2 years.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:27 pm

Joe Hart's performances whilst in a Burnley shirt have been good, he was frequently man of the match and made some excellent saves at important times.
Are we really saying that he doesn't communicate with his defence? Really? Given his medal and England Cap collection?
He played well, it was a combination of factors including dropping Lowton, McNeill getting a chance and Wood/Barnes as well as restoring Heaton to number one.
Anything else is pure revisionist scapegoating.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2490 times
Has Liked: 761 times

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:38 pm

Good 'keeper is Hart.

Hope he gets a run next season if Heaton goes.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:47 pm

KRBFC wrote:It’s Joe Harts fault Vokes couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo for 6 months and it’s defin Hart’s fault Lennon has had a handful of good games in 2 years.
Not Vokes' fault that we let in 40 goals up to and including the Everton game. A defensive masterclass up to the new year it certainly was not!

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2620 times
Has Liked: 6419 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:57 pm

Of course Joe Hart is going to look great pulling off worldies when his goal is being peppered because the defence isn’t doing their job. Hence the MoM awards from those who couldn’t see the reason the defence was so poor is because the gel that kept them in shape was the keeper - being Pope or Heaton, it worked; with Hart, it didn’t for whatever reason and whilst I don’t directly blame Hart for whatever didn’t work changing him for Heaton certainly managed to get something to click.

Hart is a very good keeper, and the issues that we had last season may very well not present again, in fact the change may well have had a placebo effect on the rest of the team so I’m happy if he stays or if Heaton stays instead. Pope is the future, and SD knows that, I’ve said before though, if Heaton is still here he has the right to start as no 1 after finishing last season there.
This user liked this post: Swizzlestick

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:59 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:Of course Joe Hart is going to look great pulling off worldies when his goal is being peppered because the defence isn’t doing their job. Hence the MoM awards from those who couldn’t see the reason the defence was so poor is because the gel that kept them in shape was the keeper - being Pope or Heaton, it worked; with Hart, it didn’t for whatever reason and whilst I don’t directly blame Hart for whatever didn’t work changing him for Heaton certainly managed to get something to click.
Yep.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:01 pm

boatshed bill wrote:Not Vokes' fault that we let in 40 goals up to and including the Everton game. A defensive masterclass up to the new year it certainly was not!
The point is, it was a combination of things that changed not just all down to Hart.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:31 pm

He’s been dropped by England, City, West Ham and Burnley plus Torino decided he wasn’t worth keeping. All in the last five years.

He was a good keeper, he’s not anymore.

Lovely smile though.
These 4 users liked this post: FactualFrank Swizzlestick Vino blanco GodIsADeeJay81

tarkys_ears

Post by tarkys_ears » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:00 pm

Braindead wrote:Joe Hart's performances whilst in a Burnley shirt have been good, he was frequently man of the match and made some excellent saves at important times.
Are we really saying that he doesn't communicate with his defence? Really? Given his medal and England Cap collection?
He played well, it was a combination of factors including dropping Lowton, McNeill getting a chance and Wood/Barnes as well as restoring Heaton to number one.
Anything else is pure revisionist scapegoating.
Nah those MOTMs were just the parochials creaming themselves at thought of player from "the big city" signing for us. Soon passed!

tarkys_ears

Post by tarkys_ears » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:01 pm

KRBFC wrote:The point is, it was a combination of things that changed not just all down to Hart.
I'm sure he will lead his next club to glory...
This user liked this post: Vino blanco

Claret Toni
Been Liked: 156 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by Claret Toni » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:14 pm

Summed up for me in the West Ham game.

A West Ham through ball, Heaton came out of his box and headed it to the left back. We retained possession and scored and ever looked back.

It's my view, in the same situation, Hart would have stayed on or retreated to his goal line. West Ham would have had a decent chance. If Hart had saved it, we 'd have applauded a fine save. If a goal had been scored we'd have said, nothing he could do; blame the defence.

Heaton organises and instils confidence. That's the difference to me, and why I prefer him in goal.
These 3 users liked this post: Vino blanco FactualFrank Rick_Muller