What a crock of . . . . . .

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Re: What a crock of . . . . . .

Post by Lord Beamish » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:44 pm

I’m sorry, IT. I’m usually on your side with LGBT+ issues. However, Pansexuality is just Bisexuality in a fancy dress. It’s an affectation that does the LGBT+ cause no good at all; in my humble opinion.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:46 pm

Bfcboyo wrote:More likely linked to all the confusion in their minds . Clearly they have to live in troubled minds with restless souls having to cope with the burden of pushing against millions of years of evolution and nature must come at a hefty price. It is a shame more is not done to study and aid them rather than just throw another label at them.

I'm quite certain society's smallest minds expressing and spreading hatred of them plays a part.

Murger
Been Liked: 1243 times
Has Liked: 845 times

Post by Murger » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:47 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Or what? lol. Who the **** made you the internet police?
Maybe people would like to comment on a thread without you hijacking it all the time.
This user liked this post: Funkydrummer

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:51 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:I’m sorry, IT. I’m usually on your side with LGBT+ issues. However, Pansexuality is just Bisexuality in a fancy dress. It’s an affectation that does the LGBT+ cause no good at all; in my humble opinion.
I don't believe that's true. Bisexuality generally, at least by my understanding, doesn't include an attraction to transgender people. It's an attraction to people who are cisgender but of either of the binary genders. Being pansexual means it doesn't matter where on the spectrum of gender someone is.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:56 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Or what? lol. Who the **** made you the internet police?
Someone suggested a separate political board. Perhaps there should be an age board for youths.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:04 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I don't believe that's true. Bisexuality generally, at least by my understanding, doesn't include an attraction to transgender people. It's an attraction to people who are cisgender but of either of the binary genders. Being pansexual means it doesn't matter where on the spectrum of gender someone is.
If we are to consider Trans Men and Trans Women as the Gender they self identify, then it all amounts to the same thing anyway. It strikes me as a distinction without a difference. Pansexuality is just sexed-up Bisexuality. It’s a nonsense, seemingly created for people who just can’t stand to be common-or-garden variety.

GodIsADeeJay81
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:10 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I don't believe that's true. Bisexuality generally, at least by my understanding, doesn't include an attraction to transgender people. It's an attraction to people who are cisgender but of either of the binary genders. Being pansexual means it doesn't matter where on the spectrum of gender someone is.
So you're of the belief that usually bisexuals aren't interested in transsexual or transgender?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:14 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:So you're of the belief that usually bisexuals aren't interested in transsexual or transgender?
My understanding of the difference between bisexuality and pansexuality is that bisexuals are people who are generally sexually attracted to people at either end of the gender spectrum, whereas pansexuals are attracted to people regardless of where they are on the gender spectrum.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:18 pm

We used to have an equal rights for the fat and ugly in the 90’s this isn’t a new thing.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:My understanding of the difference between bisexuality and pansexuality is that bisexuals are people who are generally sexually attracted to people at either end of the gender spectrum, whereas pansexuals are attracted to people regardless of where they are on the gender spectrum.
I was just having a read up and there was an interesting comment - "bisexuality, it's been claimed, is a gender binary, and therefore oppressive, word.

Personally I can't see much difference between the two, Bi and Pan.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:21 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:If we are to consider Trans Men and Trans Women as the Gender they self identify, then it all amounts to the same thing anyway. It strikes me as a distinction without a difference. Pansexuality is just sexed-up Bisexuality. It’s a nonsense, seemingly created for people who just can’t stand to be common-or-garden variety.
I feel like I've explained it best i can. If you're just going to dismiss it as nonsense then fine, but it's obviously not as simple as you're trying to make out that it is.

Yes, treat transgender people as the gender they identify as. Or perhaps just not consider their gender at all. But that doesn't mean you have to be sexually attracted to trans women if you're also attracted to non-trans women. And that's how you can relate to the difference between bi and pan. (I'm assuming you're straight, based on probabilities). If you're heterosexual and attracted to women, that doesn't necessarily mean you're attracted to trans-women. Just like if you're bisexual and attracted to men and women, it doesn't necessarily mean you're attracted to trans men and trans women.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:25 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I feel like I've explained it best i can. If you're just going to dismiss it as nonsense then fine, but it's obviously not as simple as you're trying to make out that it is.

Yes, treat transgender people as the gender they identify as. Or perhaps just not consider their gender at all. But that doesn't mean you have to be sexually attracted to trans women if you're also attracted to non-trans women.
I’m sorry IT. I’ve never had an argument that convinced me that Bi and Pan aren’t as good as the same; and yours hasn’t either. They seem a distinction without a difference.
I guess we’ll just have to agree to differ.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:26 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I feel like I've explained it best i can. If you're just going to dismiss it as nonsense then fine, but it's obviously not as simple as you're trying to make out that it is.

Yes, treat transgender people as the gender they identify as. Or perhaps just not consider their gender at all. But that doesn't mean you have to be sexually attracted to trans women if you're also attracted to non-trans women. And that's how you can relate to the difference between bi and pan. (I'm assuming you're straight, based on probabilities). If you're heterosexual and attracted to women, that doesn't necessarily mean you're attracted to trans-women. Just like if you're bisexual and attracted to men and women, it doesn't necessarily mean you're attracted to trans men and trans women.
Interestingly I'm aware of a lot of blokes who are adamant they're straight but will have sex with a TS person.
It's almost like they won't admit the truth.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:29 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Interestingly I'm aware of a lot of blokes who are adamant they're straight but will have sex with a TS person.
There's nothing to admit.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:32 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:I’m sorry IT. I’ve never had an argument that convinced me that Bi and Pan aren’t as good as the same; and yours hasn’t either. They seem a distinction without a difference.
I guess we’ll just have to agree to differ.
Here's a spectrum of genders, 1 to 9.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Bisexual people are sexually attracted to numbers 1 and 9

Pansexual are sexually attracted to all of them.

This is the easiest way i can explain it to you without literally drawing you pictures.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:36 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:There's nothing to admit.
They aren't straight, because the people they're having sex with are pre-ops.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:38 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:
You guessed right. I am Heterosexual. I would not rule out having a relationship with a Trans Woman just on the basis that they were born male. I’d have to fancy them, too.
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:41 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:They aren't straight, because the people they're having sex with are pre-ops.
Doesn't matter. It's just sex. For example, a woman having sex with another woman doesn't mean she's capable of having romantic feelings for one.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1334 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Inchy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:41 pm

If someone is pansexual they will always be single because as soon as someone says “I’m pansexual” you automatically think they have a sh*te personality

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:43 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Doesn't matter. It's just sex. For example, a woman having sex with another woman doesn't mean she's capable of having romantic feelings for one.
Hmm, I'm not sure you're right about that.

If a someone who defines themselves as straight has sex with someone of the same gender or a transgender person then they aren't straight.
They're just afraid to admit it to themselves.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:46 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure you're right about that.

If a someone who defines themselves as straight has sex with someone of the same gender or a transgender person then they aren't straight.
That's because you're thinking that sexuality is defined by who you have sex with, and not by who you romantically love.

The romantic component matters.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:48 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Here's a spectrum of genders, 1 to 9.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

This is the easiest way i can explain it to you without literally drawing you pictures.
I guess we’ll have to agree to differ, as I don’t really accept your original premise(the 1-9 bit), and I’m damned if I’m getting into a big debate with you about it.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:51 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Interestingly I'm aware of a lot of blokes who are adamant they're straight but will have sex with a TS person.
How do you know they have sex with transgender people if they dont admit it?

duncandisorderly
Been Liked: 970 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by duncandisorderly » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:57 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure you're right about that.

I don't think that's true at all. I've never had sex with a guy, and I don't plan on doing as they aren't my bag, but I've had a girlfriend who experimented in her youth, and known/still know people who were scissor sisters or backstreet boys in their youth who are 100% straight now.
Sticking your dick in something doesn't define anything beyond the fact you've stuck your dick in it.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:58 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:I guess we’ll have to agree to differ, as I don’t really accept your original premise(the 1-9 bit), and I’m damned if I’m getting into a big debate with you about it.
Well, ok. If you ever want to find more information just google "what's the difference between pansexual and bisexual". Lots of good information awaits.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:01 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Well, ok. If you ever want to find more information just google "what's the difference between pansexual and bisexual". Lots of good information awaits.
I suspect my life will be just as complete if I don’t do that; but thanks for the sage advice.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:02 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:I suspect my life will be just as complete if I don’t do that; but thanks for the sage advice.
No need to be a ****.

duncandisorderly

Post by duncandisorderly » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:03 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:I suspect my life will be just as complete if I don’t do that; but thanks for the sage advice.
If you want advice on sage I recommend these guys.
https://www.sjsoftware.co.uk/about-us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:03 pm

Damo wrote:How do you know they have sex with transgender people if they dont admit it?
You have to be on the right adult sites to see what they're looking for.
I see TS people looking for straight people to have sex with too.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:05 pm

duncandisorderly wrote:I don't think that's true at all. I've never had sex with a guy, and I don't plan on doing as they aren't my bag, but I've had a girlfriend who experimented in her youth, and known/still know people who were scissor sisters or backstreet boys in their youth who are 100% straight now.
Sticking your dick in something doesn't define anything beyond the fact you've stuck your dick in it.
They aren't really 100% straight though, they've just found someone of the opposite gender to settle down with.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:05 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:No need to be a ****.
“This is the easiest way i can explain it to you without literally drawing you pictures.”

Touché

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:10 pm

Aren't bisexuals just really perverse disease spreaders who will shag owt?
This user liked this post: Bertiebeehead

duncandisorderly

Post by duncandisorderly » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:11 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:They aren't really 100% straight though, they've just found someone of the opposite gender to settle down with.

Really though? What about gay people who tried really hard not to be gay, back when it was a bigger deal than it is now, so got a girlfriend, or even married and had kids?
I know two (broad spectrum I know!) lads I went to school with who both had girlfriends at 15 and have since come out as gay. Are they not 100% gay?
They'd well argue they were.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2596 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:11 pm

duncandisorderly wrote:Sticking your dick in something doesn't define anything beyond the fact you've stuck your dick in it.
I can see where you’re coming from here. Humans having been rubbing their bits together forever, with all sorts of people depending on mood, opportunity and often quality of lighting.

I’m very much in the live and let live camp, we’re all horny apes essentially. But I do find it sometimes tiresome, but often amusing, when we try and split this down into endlessly divisible categories as we search for an oh so fascinating niche.

There are males and females. How they feel, what they do and where they put their bits is entirely their business. That’s about it, throw as many names at it as you like.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:13 pm

duncandisorderly wrote:Really though? What about gay people who tried really hard not to be gay, back when it was a bigger deal than it is now, so got a girlfriend, or even married and had kids?
I know two (broad spectrum I know!) lads I went to school with who both had girlfriends at 15 and have since come out as gay. Are they not 100% gay?
They'd well argue they were.
Pressures of society forced them to try and conform to what they thought they had to be.
There's a difference.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:14 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:“This is the easiest way i can explain it to you without literally drawing you pictures.”

Touché
That was intended to just be a bit of friendly fun. If you took offence then that's your fault for not reading my mind.

Lord Beamish

Post by Lord Beamish » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:17 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:That was intended to just be a bit of friendly fun. If you took offence then that's your fault for not reading my mind.
I just returned your friendly fun in kind.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:20 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:I just returned your friendly fun in kind.
Sure. We'll go with that.

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 588 times

Post by rob63 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:12 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Here's a spectrum of genders, 1 to 9.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There's plenty of pictures already on the internet!