M65 incident, women dies

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Post Reply
MACCA
Posts: 11361
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 2923 times

M65 incident, women dies

Post by MACCA » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:33 pm

After the M65 was shut all morning for a suspected suicide, news and confirmation has finally been released.
RIP young lady, and thoughts to all her family and friends :(

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire- ... n=sharebar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

elwaclaret
Posts: 2450
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:57 am
Been Liked: 607 times
Has Liked: 1195 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:44 pm

People are really struggling, isn’t it funny how all the “life on the dole” stories have stopped for example. Those who abuse systems are the exceptions. It’s like closing down the football club because of a couple of cases of fan encroachment.

We are not even into silly season for suicides yet. Thousands have been dumped out of mental health, just at the very time it started being taken seriously...
This user liked this post: Buxtonclaret

Imploding Turtle
Posts: 20121
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5481 times
Has Liked: 2540 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:45 pm

I feel sorry for whoever hit her.
These 4 users liked this post: Buxtonclaret elwaclaret d[-_-]b Stayingup

ClaretAndJew
Posts: 6508
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 am
Been Liked: 2202 times
Has Liked: 456 times
Location: Earth

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by ClaretAndJew » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:51 pm

Awful.

Mental health conditions are just as important as physical health conditions and I hope that one day the resources are in place to help everyone living with these conditions.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretTony Stayingup

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Posts: 1391
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:42 pm
Been Liked: 472 times
Has Liked: 966 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:51 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I feel sorry for whoever hit her.
Me too, they will always have “what ifs” and have to live with it for the rest of their lives.

Local cricketer
Posts: 793
Joined: Mon May 13, 2019 5:46 pm
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Local cricketer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:10 pm

How do you know someone hit her? It's a fair fall

LoveCurryPies
Posts: 3302
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:00 am
Been Liked: 1186 times
Has Liked: 480 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:37 pm

elwaclaret wrote:We are not even into silly season for suicides yet.
The silly season for suicides? :shock: When would that be?

Are you making this stuff up?

Imploding Turtle
Posts: 20121
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5481 times
Has Liked: 2540 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:45 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:The silly season for suicides? :shock: When would that be?

Are you making this stuff up?
Rovers first home game.
This user liked this post: Martinc265

elwaclaret
Posts: 2450
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:57 am
Been Liked: 607 times
Has Liked: 1195 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:49 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:The silly season for suicides? :shock: When would that be?

Are you making this stuff up?
No Autumn and build up to Christmas is pretty much accepted as the most likely time for depressives to act. While not being the font of all knowledge that you seem to be, I have first hand experience of a mental breakdown that lasted ten years... so no, I’m not making this stuff up.

Pstotto
Posts: 4387
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:11 pm
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 643 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Pstotto » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:07 pm

I feel suicidal, but mental health resources aren't what you want. The presumption that the suicidal 'need help', is enough to drive them to suicide.

At the Edinburgh festival there's an art piece with folk walking round with the Beckett phrase 'I can't go on. I'll go on.' It's a question of how long before it can't work any other. I've come close this year and pulled through but to what? More agony on a daily basis.

The full moon is the worst time.

elwaclaret
Posts: 2450
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:57 am
Been Liked: 607 times
Has Liked: 1195 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:14 pm

Pstotto wrote:I feel suicidal, but mental health resources aren't what you want. The presumption that the suicidal 'need help', is enough to drive them to suicide.
Think that depends on the circumstances. I was rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack, they later decided I just hit tipping point and a full on brain shed, causing enough anxiety to show all the symptoms...

I found that initial support helped a lot, getting through my despair and though it took ten years to deal with the after effects and the aftercare quacks were at times a joke, still kept making me face it certainly helped me understand it.

Pstotto
Posts: 4387
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:11 pm
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 643 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Pstotto » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:17 pm

If you need a holiday, a spell on ward 21 isn't quite Sandals resort with a beautiful young lady on your arm.

Chester Perry
Posts: 7891
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:06 am
Been Liked: 1036 times
Has Liked: 345 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Chester Perry » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:35 pm

Pstotto wrote:The full moon is the worst time.
Anyone who has worked in A&E will confirm that - keep pushing on lad

Pstotto
Posts: 4387
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:11 pm
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 643 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Pstotto » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:46 pm

If the present does not fulfill one's needs, then the mind can replay all one's regrets creating a snowball effect and the future can seem like all doors closed to any kind of reciprocation that respects one's natural expectations, if time plays the fiddle on the confounding circumstance, where one wants anything but any kind of acknowledgment of the condition, in other words **** OFF, CHESTER!

Ok I'll put a smiley on it :-) for the sake of all manic depression.

Pstotto
Posts: 4387
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:11 pm
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 643 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Pstotto » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Just the illustrate the point, this picture is called 'Cheer Up':
Cheer Up.jpg
Cheer Up.jpg (577.1 KiB) Viewed 3020 times

Chester Perry
Posts: 7891
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:06 am
Been Liked: 1036 times
Has Liked: 345 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Chester Perry » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:53 pm

Pstotto wrote:If the present does not fulfill one's needs, then the mind can replay all one's regrets creating a snowball effect and the future can seem like all doors closed to any kind of reciprocation that respects one's natural expectations, if time plays the fiddle on the confounding circumstance, where one wants anything but any kind of acknowledgment of the condition, in other words **** OFF, CHESTER!

Ok I'll put a smiley on it :-) for the sake of all manic depression.
That's the spirit

Pstotto
Posts: 4387
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:11 pm
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 643 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Pstotto » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:15 pm

Ah, a bit of reverse psychology... I'll just warm my hands on the screen to assess the empathy you've now achieved by practicing compassion.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets bfccrazy

LoveCurryPies
Posts: 3302
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:00 am
Been Liked: 1186 times
Has Liked: 480 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:31 pm

elwaclaret wrote:No Autumn and build up to Christmas is pretty much accepted as the most likely time for depressives to act. While not being the font of all knowledge that you seem to be, I have first hand experience of a mental breakdown that lasted ten years... so no, I’m not making this stuff up.
Don’t know why I give you the impression I know everything. I was asking why you thought there was a season for suicide. Not something I had ever heard of, although I always thought January was the worst month following the pressure of Christmas and people’s credit card bills arriving.

I’ve also suffered (and still do) from depression and you won’t find a single post by me mocking anyone who has or does suffer from it. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemies.

NottsClaret
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:05 am
Been Liked: 1617 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:44 pm

Chester Perry wrote:Anyone who has worked in A&E will confirm that
The stats don’t back that one up.

gandhisflipflop
Posts: 2051
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm
Been Liked: 696 times
Has Liked: 508 times
Location: Costa del Padihamos beach.

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:45 pm

elwaclaret wrote:Think that depends on the circumstances. I was rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack, they later decided I just hit tipping point and a full on brain shed, causing enough anxiety to show all the symptoms...

I found that initial support helped a lot, getting through my despair and though it took ten years to deal with the after effects and the aftercare quacks were at times a joke, still kept making me face it certainly helped me understand it.

I completely understand this elwa. Mine was so bad I was in hospital and even strapped to a heart monitor away at Crewe one season. I was fifteen years old, it does not discriminate. It took the best part of ten years to recover and deal with the physical symptoms, the depression I'm told is something I will have to live with and just accept that I will have bad days for no apparent reason. I hate it when people say cheer up as if I'm trying to be a miserable *******.
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

cricketfieldclarets
Posts: 17567
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Been Liked: 6753 times
Has Liked: 9555 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:51 pm

Pstotto wrote:I feel suicidal, but mental health resources aren't what you want. The presumption that the suicidal 'need help', is enough to drive them to suicide.

At the Edinburgh festival there's an art piece with folk walking round with the Beckett phrase 'I can't go on. I'll go on.' It's a question of how long before it can't work any other. I've come close this year and pulled through but to what? More agony on a daily basis.

The full moon is the worst time.
You arent alone.

Even if this forum is the only outlet, use it. Talk to people on here.

As i read before. Its a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Granted its a horrific problem is depression.

Clearly a talented mind though pstotto. And your posts often make many on here laugh in your own unique way!
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Imploding Turtle
Posts: 20121
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 am
Been Liked: 5481 times
Has Liked: 2540 times
Location: Burnley, Lancs

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:55 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:You arent alone.

Even if this forum is the only outlet, use it. Talk to people on here.

As i read before. Its a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Granted its a horrific problem is depression.

Clearly a talented mind though pstotto. And your posts often make many on here laugh in your own unique way!
I think the last think pstotto feels is alone.

tim_noone
Posts: 12460
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3201 times
Has Liked: 11321 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by tim_noone » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:59 pm

I'm not Fond of people who feign Depression.

Steve1956
Posts: 8327
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:57 pm
Been Liked: 2672 times
Has Liked: 1332 times
Location: Fife

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:06 pm

tim_noone wrote:I'm not Fond of people who feign Depression.
Examples? :o

Pstotto
Posts: 4387
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:11 pm
Been Liked: 807 times
Has Liked: 643 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Pstotto » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:22 pm

I.T. I hope that's a guess for your sake and mine. It's a never-ending attack from a multitude of players like my brain was a play station for demons to practice their pac-man driving test.

I think somebody has put a nano-receiver in my system, rather like Georgi Markov and they are battering me with signals to screw my head. It's because I'm creating a new world order, maybe.

elwaclaret
Posts: 2450
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:57 am
Been Liked: 607 times
Has Liked: 1195 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by elwaclaret » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:03 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:Don’t know why I give you the impression I know everything. I was asking why you thought there was a season for suicide. Not something I had ever heard of, although I always thought January was the worst month following the pressure of Christmas and people’s credit card bills arriving.

I’ve also suffered (and still do) from depression and you won’t find a single post by me mocking anyone who has or does suffer from it. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemies.
Sorry misread the user name. There are a couple of posters who seem to want to try and pin me down as a blowhard... it annoys me because I only usually comment on posts like this to offer my own experiences , that someone who is really struggling may recognise... and perhaps see they are far from the only one, out their own. not to appear like a know all.

...and yes December and January are right up there, but I think that is a shorter, more intense period, that drags in those no one even suspected of low mood.

So sorry for any offence caused.

LoveCurryPies
Posts: 3302
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:00 am
Been Liked: 1186 times
Has Liked: 480 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:31 pm

elwaclaret wrote:So sorry for any offence caused.
Non taken.

I also wish we were all a bit more civil to each other on this forum.

Dazzler
Posts: 3819
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:10 am
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 2080 times

Re: M65 incident, women dies

Post by Dazzler » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:55 am

I knew the lady.Along with her family she was a regular customer and a former girlfriend of a work colleague.
When I was told of this on Monday my first thought was of her young lad (16)

So sad

R.I.P Chick

Post Reply