The Great Hack (Netflix)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

The Great Hack (Netflix)

Post by LoveCurryPies » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:14 am

Fascinating documentary about our digital lives and the ownership of our data.

Anyone watched the film?

One of the OMG moments for me was to encourage young people to be apathetic about voting and thereby swinging an election.

Think I need to watch it again to really get a better understanding of just how deep this goes.

Your thoughts?

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Re: The Great Hack (Netflix)

Post by RVclaret » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:54 am

Watched it last night. Crazy stuff.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:05 am

LoveCurryPies wrote:Fascinating documentary about our digital lives and the ownership of our data.

Anyone watched the film?

One of the OMG moments for me was to encourage young people to be apathetic about voting and thereby swinging an election.

Think I need to watch it again to really get a better understanding of just how deep this goes.

Your thoughts?

Yep. A fantastic insight into just how ****** our society and democracy is.

The bit about apathy got me immediately thinking of Russell Brand and his dumb idea a few elections ago. (2015?)

claret2018
Been Liked: 810 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:34 am

I’ve never been one to be overly concerned about my data being “out there”, but after watching that I was so glad I ditched Facebook 10 or so years ago.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:47 am

Is this the one Aaron Banks was trying to bully Netflix into not showing? Haven’t seen it yet, but I’ll definitely get round to it.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6457 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:19 am

nearly watched it the other day, now I think I'll take a look over a couple of lunchtimes, thanks

LoveCurryPies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:34 am

martin_p wrote:Is this the one Aaron Banks was trying to bully Netflix into not showing? Haven’t seen it yet, but I’ll definitely get round to it.
Yes, Aaron is on the stage at the launch of Leave.UK and with Cambridge Analytica staff openly talking about how they intend to use data to affect the Brexit vote.

This documentary film should be shown on the BBC. The depth to which our personal data is collected and then used to manipulate us all was frightening.

The way blatant untruths were used during the Trump campaign and the Brexit vote needs to be seen. Every future election is going to be manipulated like this unless we change our laws.
These 2 users liked this post: AndrewJB CoolClaret

LoveCurryPies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:50 pm

Did you know, when Facebook takes your data, it also takes all of your contact’s data?

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1354 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:01 pm

A pretty mind-blowing watch that just shows the level of sustained attack our democratic systems have been under in recent years.

There's more than enough evidence available to legitimately pause the entire Brexit process while the authorities try and catch up with the abuse that's taken place. The likes of the electoral commission are so far behind it's scary.

Huge amount of respect for Carole Cadwalladr, too.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Untinted Glasses
Been Liked: 132 times
Has Liked: 152 times

Post by Untinted Glasses » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:53 pm

There's more than enough evidence available to legitimately pause the entire Brexit process while the authorities try and catch up with the abuse that's taken place.

Jesus let it go. Just let it go
This user liked this post: bobinho

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:02 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:Did you know, when Facebook takes your data, it also takes all of your contact’s data?
Not true. And even if it was, what use is that to them? A series of names and phone numbers?

LoveCurryPies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:05 pm

Claretmatt4 wrote:Not true. And even if it was, what use is that to them? A series of names and phone numbers?
I meant all of the content data ie, the conversations between people, the likes you made, what you viewed....everything!

From this they could work out your political leanings and more importantly if you are one of the few who change their vote each election. Once these voters are identified, they are targeted with adverts, videos, images etc to help them change their vote or not even vote at all.

Not voting was extremely important. Younger people were more likely to vote Remain and so they were ‘encouraged’ to not bother voting.

Have you seen the film, Claretmatt4 ? Maybe watch before saying untrue.

Claretmatt4

Post by Claretmatt4 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:46 pm

LCP - sorry I didnt mean to come across as an ars*hole. Long day and all that...

All of what you said above I know to be true as I work in the industry. To the best of my knowledge though they wouldn't be able to access your contacts' information this way - unless I'm misinformed. Wouldn't matter much, as long as you're on Facebook they know what you like and don't like and the things you hashtag too. It's all to create a personalised experience but when it's used as a tool to shape your views that's every kind of wrong.

I'll give this a watch either way, looks frightening!
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:48 pm

Claretmatt4 wrote:Not true. And even if it was, what use is that to them? A series of names and phone numbers?
You really have no idea?

They take everything you've ever done. Every group you're a part of, every 'like' you've done, every message you've sent, every photograph you upload (yeah, Facebook own those), literally everything. And they use it to build a profile on you to tell them exactly how to market something to you in order to manipulate you into doing and thinking what they want. And the best thing about it? Everything thinks they're immune to being manipulated. Everyone thinks they're too smart for that to happen to them.

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:50 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:I meant all of the content data ie, the conversations between people, the likes you made, what you viewed....everything!

From this they could work out your political leanings and more importantly if you are one of the few who change their vote each election. Once these voters are identified, they are targeted with adverts, videos, images etc to help them change their vote or not even vote at all.

Not voting was extremely important. Younger people were more likely to vote Remain and so they were ‘encouraged’ to not bother voting.

Have you seen the film, Claretmatt4 ? Maybe watch before saying untrue.

This episode popped up recently on one of the podcasts i listen to which was interesting on this subject.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/s ... 0444319433

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:12 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You really have no idea?

They take everything you've ever done. Every group you're a part of, every 'like' you've done, every message you've sent, every photograph you upload (yeah, Facebook own those), literally everything. And they use it to build a profile on you to tell them exactly how to market something to you in order to manipulate you into doing and thinking what they want. And the best thing about it? Everything thinks they're immune to being manipulated. Everyone thinks they're too smart for that to happen to them.
Apart from you ;)

Claretmatt4

Post by Claretmatt4 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:31 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You really have no idea?

I'm aware of how it works. Maybe you started typing your post before I replied to LCP.

I took issue with the fact that when I download Facebook and use it, it has access to my contacts and everything they do as well as me. I think I just misunderstood him/his post wasn't clear.
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:35 pm

Not watched the documentary, but I remember a thread we had on here over two years ago when the Cambridge Analytica/facebook story first broke. There's been a (very) slow drip of related news since, but nothing that has really dramatically been given the attention it warrants. There's a certain mendacity ingrained in the business models of a lot of (most) social media firms, but for outright disruption and distortion none are more culpable than facebook. I'm astonished anyone still uses facebook considering the privacy infringements, to say nothing of the ethics behind preying on neuroticism and doubt and insecurity, and turning it into a profitable enterprise. There's a bloody sick political philosophy underpinning the ethics (or absence of ethics) of these companies. Techno-libertarians, they're called. They are quite literally fantasists and ideologues who believe technology has the capacity to render government void, and the people making the decisions at these companies have made a value judgement somewhere along the line that the human cost and social unrest is a price worth paying to realise this idiotic vision.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:46 pm

So glad I've never had anything to do with Facebook. Their data breaches are bad enough.

LoveCurryPies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:04 pm

While Mark Zuckerberg was giving evidence to the MP’s, Brittany Kaiser (from Cambridge Analytica) said “That’s a lie!”

He had been saying Facebook staff did not know info was being used.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:17 pm

Ironically I posted on my Facebook profile that “I’m watching The Great Hack” and stated “I wonder how long this post will last ;)

I can’t see my post now... it’s gone

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:22 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:Ironically I posted on my Facebook profile that “I’m watching The Great Hack” and stated “I wonder how long this post will last ;)

I can’t see my post now... it’s gone
Are you joking?
Facebook are removing posts about The Great Hack?

I find that hard to believe.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:43 pm

I think CA were involved with this site in a campaign to convince everyone that Jon Walters was a good signing and would have been a quality player but for his injury

On a more serious note thought it was a great watch though a little depressing

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:47 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Are you joking?
Facebook are removing posts about The Great Hack?

I find that hard to believe.
It was gone, it’s back again. It seems to happen on my profile, not sure why

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:12 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:It was gone, it’s back again. It seems to happen on my profile, not sure why
That happens to everyone, or did when I used to be on there.

It's Facebook deciding what you can/can't see and moving it around etc.

The same is done with your newsfeed, they pick what they think you should see with their algorithms.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:40 am

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... dark-money" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Over six hundred different ads extolling Johnson as PM.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:47 am

who cares ? the majority of the electorate are adoring plebs who love eamon holmes and simon cowell and ant and dec. pointless signposting threats to liberty in a nation of amoebic imbeciles.
This user liked this post: joey13

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:59 pm

OK, so I finished watching this while waiting for some downtime at work. The thing that popped in my head was Schrodinger's Cat or the Copenhagen Interpretation and the application of that theory to digital and social media, f#ck it, I'm not sure where I'm going with this...

you could argue that the film is also propaganda against what CA are accused of.

As sad as it sounds I am certain that I was a persuadable voter and I feel that I have been manipulated to change my views on so many things. I like to think I am an intelligent chap, but if I can be persuaded then how easy is it to ensure that those who are easily led to change their minds (like Indecisive Dave)

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:17 pm

Watched it last night and turned it off with 20 minutes left.

Shockingly sh1t.

Waffling on about nothing, dont waste your time.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:20 pm

MACCA wrote:Watched it last night and turned it off with 20 minutes left.

Shockingly sh1t.

Waffling on about nothing, dont waste your time.
Don't listen to this review. Whether you like the presentation of the facts or not, the facts matter and it's important that everyone knows what's happening.
These 2 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Dante.El.Chunk

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2472 times
Has Liked: 2008 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:42 pm

Haven’t finished it all yet but scary.
Slightly off thread I see google and apple are stopping folk listening in to Siri, etc., recordings as they have heard drug deals and sex sessions. I’ve posted before that I think it is outrageous they can be in your home listening to your life. I turned Siri off but the ads keep coming after we have discussed a topic.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:08 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Don't listen to this review. Whether you like the presentation of the facts or not, the facts matter and it's important that everyone knows what's happening.
Are they facts?

Who said/proved this?

I got bored and fell asleep.

Theres plenty of hackers around these days, even Yahoo/sky email have fallen victim in the last 3 days.

Dont spend your life worrying about things you have no control over.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2247 times
Has Liked: 2159 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:29 pm

Do they talk at all about the targetted ads used during the Obama administration? Or anything as such done by a predominantly left wing establishment?

If the answer is 'no', then the snow itself has bias & is therefore a little bit contradictory...

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:47 pm

CoolClaret wrote:Do they talk at all about the targetted ads used during the Obama administration? Or anything as such done by a predominantly left wing establishment?

If the answer is 'no', then the snow itself has bias & is therefore a little bit contradictory...
If that’s your view on it that’s a little narrow minded. It’s not which campaign that’s important it’s the process by which manipulation of the populace occurs, and usually to the highest bidder.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:24 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:If that’s your view on it that’s a little narrow minded. It’s not which campaign that’s important it’s the process by which manipulation of the populace occurs, and usually to the highest bidder.
Only if you allow yourself to be manipulated.

If you're a shepherd, you're fine, however if you are a sheep you're in trouble.

Too many people allowing others to do their thinking and talking for them.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:57 pm

MACCA wrote:Only if you allow yourself to be manipulated.

If you're a shepherd, you're fine, however if you are a sheep you're in trouble.

Urgh, you used the word sheep. People who make such adamant and self-assured claims to their own unwavering stoicism are often the most manipulable, I find. Put simply, those folk are too bloody simple to recognise that there's even a possibility they're being manipulated. Rick_Muller is at least self-aware and big enough to accept that he's not infallible, and for the record neither am I. I don't use facebook but I'm not above recognising that at a fundamental level my worldview is a product of external stimuli. A tiny mind struggles to conceive of the complexities of itself. A little bit of self doubt is totally healthy. It keeps you humble, if nothing else.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:48 pm

MACCA wrote:Only if you allow yourself to be manipulated.

People like you are among the easiest to manipulate with the kind of fake news that was peddled by the likes of Cambridge Analytics, Aggregate IQ and the Russian trolls. There's a clear reason why the right and far-right is their primary target for these kind of operations, because their profitability is reliant on their effectiveness. This is why they chose to work for Leave and Trump. Not only could they manipulate you pretty easily, they knew that when they did you'd be in denial about it, and lash out uncritically at any argument that suggested that the reason your side got the votes it got was in part as a result of this kinds of manipulation (as proven by your reflexive "but Obama" whine, despite Obama not manipulating anyone with fake news).

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2472 times
Has Liked: 2008 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:20 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:There's a clear reason why the right and far-right is their primary target for these kind of operations, because their profitability is reliant on their effectiveness.
Or, basically, they can afford to pay the most.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:10 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:People like you are among the easiest to manipulate with the kind of fake news that was peddled by the likes of Cambridge Analytics, Aggregate IQ and the Russian trolls. There's a clear reason why the right and far-right is their primary target for these kind of operations, because their profitability is reliant on their effectiveness. This is why they chose to work for Leave and Trump. Not only could they manipulate you pretty easily, they knew that when they did you'd be in denial about it, and lash out uncritically at any argument that suggested that the reason your side got the votes it got was in part as a result of this kinds of manipulation (as proven by your reflexive "but Obama" whine, despite Obama not manipulating anyone with fake news).

:lol: wow, people like me.
Yes the ones that dont give a toss and dont listen to all the sh1te spouted about politics by various parties and their people are the easiest to manipulate... hhhmmm doesn't quite make sense that.

And once they'd manipulated me "they knew" I'd deny it. Ha ha ha, they knew id deny doing something, that I didn't do, yet they thought I did... think theres something wrong in either your logic or who ever "they" are results on me.

Dont know who you think "my side" is, and you go onto say
"as proven by your reflexive "but Obama" whine, despite Obama not manipulating anyone with fake news).
I've never mentioned Obama etc, as I dont open politics threads or mention them, can't remember last time I gave it any of my actual valued time.

Have you quoted the wrong guy Charlie, or maybe confusing me with someone else?

All seems very random.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:21 am

Claretmatt4 wrote:I'm aware of how it works. Maybe you started typing your post before I replied to LCP.

I took issue with the fact that when I download Facebook and use it, it has access to my contacts and everything they do as well as me. I think I just misunderstood him/his post wasn't clear.
I'm not sure that's true, they don't have access to everything your contacts do unless they are also on facebook, which in all likelihood, they are. The truth is facebook don't need to grab bits and pieces of what you and others do from elsewhere, your facebook behaviour is enough.

Russia plays these games to slow the West down but in the new war, influencing democracy through social media, primarily facebook but also, to a lesser extent with Youtube, Twitter etc it's winning 2-0.

Trump and Brexit are direct results of this interference, the damage you can do with a bottomless budget, some content farms and facebook's incredible targeting tools and you can blag the general population into doing just about anything. Targeted push ads trigger emotional responses to the message, and you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

This is why I unapologetically call Leave and Trump voters stupid, they were maniplulated into voting for the most ridiculous thing on offer, the thing designed to mess up their country for the amusement of a foreign power and THEY FELL FOR IT!

Even when presented with the mass of evidence and facts to show that they were manipulated they still deny it.

Watch closely as your news feed starts to fill up slowly with reasons why a no-deal brexit is good for Britain from fake news sites and watch in particular which of your friends starts liking and sharing them.

This is why Trump will easily win the next election, Russia wants him to.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:21 am

MACCA wrote::lol: wow, people like me.
Yes the ones that dont give a toss and dont listen to all the sh1te spouted about politics by various parties and their people are the easiest to manipulate... hhhmmm doesn't quite make sense that.

And once they'd manipulated me "they knew" I'd deny it. Ha ha ha, they knew id deny doing something, that I didn't do, yet they thought I did... think theres something wrong in either your logic or who ever "they" are results on me.

Dont know who you think "my side" is, and you go onto say
"as proven by your reflexive "but Obama" whine, despite Obama not manipulating anyone with fake news).
I've never mentioned Obama etc, as I dont open politics threads or mention them, can't remember last time I gave it any of my actual valued time.

Have you quoted the wrong guy Charlie, or maybe confusing me with someone else?

All seems very random.

Did you not realise you are a victim of Russian trolls ? Your life is being run by them due to reading their propaganda and being unable to think anything for yourself. Every day when you wake and ask yourself what shall the internet decide I do with my day you are being controlled. Before you know it you will be drinking neat vodka and putting ski on the end of every word

In other news shares of tin foil have surged by over 5000% in some parts of the country.
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:23 am

Spiral wrote:Urgh, you used the word sheep. People who make such adamant and self-assured claims to their own unwavering stoicism are often the most manipulable, I find. Put simply, those folk are too bloody simple to recognise that there's even a possibility they're being manipulated. Rick_Muller is at least self-aware and big enough to accept that he's not infallible, and for the record neither am I. I don't use facebook but I'm not above recognising that at a fundamental level my worldview is a product of external stimuli. A tiny mind struggles to conceive of the complexities of itself. A little bit of self doubt is totally healthy. It keeps you humble, if nothing else.
Well yeah, you go for it pal.

You carry on with what's good for you, and I'll carry on with what's got me this far.

If my life changes and things start to effect my lifestyle, happiness or routine I'll take a look into what may have caused it.
What I wont be doing is start flapping around and wasting my time on things that so far haven't altered me or my life 1 bit.
What a waste of several years that would have been, sat worrying and thinking instead of getting on with life, having experiences, making memories and enjoying myself.

I could be hit by a bus tomorrow, imagine my last few years, weeks, hours or minutes on this earth be of me sat thinking/worrying/investigating/dissecting things happening ( mostly ) at the other side of the world , by people I have no control over and have more power than me, and will continue to do whatever they want whether I sit up and listen , or act, or not.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:27 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Did you not realise you are a victim of Russian trolls ? Your life is being run by them due to reading their propaganda and being unable to think anything for yourself. Every day when you wake and ask yourself what shall the internet decide I do with my day you are being controlled. Before you know it you will be drinking neat vodka and putting ski on the end of every word

In other news shares of tin foil have surged by over 5000% in some parts of the country.
Wow, theres a reason I "dont do" politics, and this has reminded me.
People telling me what I should do, and how I should think.
The extremes at both ends are weird in there own seperate ways, I just pray theres way more of people in the middle that do get these extreme views

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:30 am

MACCA wrote:Wow, theres a reason I "dont do" politics, and this has reminded me.
People telling me what I should do, and how I should think.
The extremes at both ends are weird in there own seperate ways, I just pray theres way more of people in the middle that do get these extreme views
I’m only going to match today as some Russian told me to get a ticket. I tried to pour a whiskey last night but the echo device switched itself on and said use the vodka. I’m expecting the club to changes it nickname very soon to the comrades

It’s a scary world out there.
These 2 users liked this post: AndyClaret bobinho

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:51 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:I’m only going to match today as some Russian told me to get a ticket. I tried to pour a whiskey last night but the echo device switched itself on and said use the vodka. I’m expecting the club to changes it nickname very soon to the comrades

It’s a scary world out there.
sure is, think I'm going to stop living my life ( I mean the life people are manipulating me to live ) and sit in my bedroom wondering how I can beat the system and be normal like everyone else.
I'm sure if I spend my time researching, investigating and dissecting the findings of what various people are telling me is happening, I can come up with a formula that best suits me, and I don't get caught up in it all.

Edit - on that note, I am going to continue to do the tasks they had planned for me today that make me miserable, like take in the cricket, football, drink beer, have a bbq and lots of laughs with my South African friends.

Oh wait, what if they are in on it? Are they the manipulated or the manipulators? Oh no, I'm not sure.
Back to the sitting in the bedroom idea until I can figure it out.
This user liked this post: bobinho

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6958 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:02 am

MACCA wrote:sure is, think I'm going to stop living my life ( I mean the life people are manipulating me to live ) and sit in my bedroom wondering how I can beat the system and be normal like everyone else.
I'm sure if I spend my time researching, investigating and dissecting the findings of what various people are telling me is happening, I can come up with a formula that best suits me, and I don't get caught up in it all.

Edit - on that note, I am going to continue to do the tasks they had planned for me today that make me miserable, like take in the cricket, football, drink beer, have a bbq and lots of laughs with my South African friends.

Oh wait, what if they are in on it? Are they the manipulated or the manipulators? Oh no, I'm not sure.
Back to the sitting in the bedroom idea until I can figure it out.
You do realise that just because you haven’t been manipulated into taking every single action, that doesn’t mean that people aren’t being manipulated on a huge scale.

It’s quite obvious, and explained quite clearly in the documentary, that the ‘fence-sitters’ are targeted.

It’s fine to say that this hasn’t affected you, and maybe it hasn’t and won’t, but can’t you see the dangers?

bobinho
Been Liked: 4105 times
Has Liked: 6588 times

Post by bobinho » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:07 am

“This is why I unapologetically call Leave and Trump voters stupid, they were maniplulated into voting for the most ridiculous thing on offer, the thing designed to mess up their country for the amusement of a foreign power and THEY FELL FOR IT!” :lol: :lol: :lol:

And how were the leave voters who don’t do Facebook/twitter/newspapers etc. manipulated to vote leave?
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

bobinho
Been Liked: 4105 times
Has Liked: 6588 times

Post by bobinho » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:14 am

Something not quite right about a load of conspiracy theorists telling us all we are being manipulated into thinking a certain way.

Ironically, by using this platform to influence my thoughts and to get me to think another way they are trying to do the same thing?

I’m with macca on this...

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6958 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:17 am

bobinho wrote:Something not quite right about a load of conspiracy theorists telling us all we are being manipulated into thinking a certain way.

Ironically, by using this platform to influence my thoughts and to get me to think another way they are trying to do the same thing?

I’m with macca on this...
Who are the conspiracy theorists?

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:36 am

Rileybobs wrote:You do realise that just because you haven’t been manipulated into taking every single action, that doesn’t mean that people aren’t being manipulated on a huge scale.

It’s quite obvious, and explained quite clearly in the documentary, that the ‘fence-sitters’ are targeted.

It’s fine to say that this hasn’t affected you, and maybe it hasn’t and won’t, but can’t you see the dangers?
People might be, I might be, but like I said, 1 thing I wont do is flap about it, think about it ( never mind over think ) and waste time on it.

Whilst my life is great and I'm enjoying myself I will continue to live the same way that makes it so.

So until that changes and I have reason to alter my life, I will continue as per the last few years.

As for danger, every day life is a danger.

I'd sooner be die tomorrow thinking I've lived, than to have died being thinking what if ( obviously wouldn't be thinking if dead but you get what I mean )

Times precious, dont waste it on anything you cant control or isnt making you happy one way or another.
These 2 users liked this post: WestMidsClaret bobinho