Rishton v Lashings XI - This Friday

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Leisure
Been Liked: 3787 times
Has Liked: 12479 times

Rishton v Lashings XI - This Friday

Post by Leisure » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:20 pm

Info for the Lashings game at Rishton =
The teams and schedule for Rishton's match against Lashings World XI on Friday August 2nd has been announced.

People can pay on the day to gain admission to watch the T20 game which will commence at 4pm.

Full bar and cafe facilities will be available.

Throughout the day The Lashings World XI will be available for photographs and autographs.

Cost of admission is £5 for adults £3 for concessions with a Family Ticket being priced at £10

Seats are still available in the marquee for the lunch.

These are priced at £40 which covers a three course lunch and admission to the T20 game and the evening entertainment in the marquee in the form of singer Karl Ribble.

Admission to The Undercovers who will be appearing in the marquee on the Saturday night is also included.

For a further £10 making the cost of the ticket £50 a drinks package will be included: The drinks package is a bottle of wine or 4 bottles of beer.

Further information can be obtained from Andy Procter 07828 763654 andy.proc@hotmail.co.uk or from John Curran 07917 162355 or helen.mcurran@btinternet.com

Rishton v Lashings World XI - Friday August 2nd

Rishton team:
Brad Boddie (Rishton CC) Captain
Mansoor Amjad (Rishton CC)
Chris Sanderson (Rishton CC
Jacob Clarke (Accrington CC)
Keiren Grimshaw (Accrington CC)
Joe McCluskie (Burnley CC)
Chris Holt (Burnley CC)
Levi Wolfenden (Church CC)
John Turner (East Lancs CC)
Adam Bracewell (Enfield CC)
Stuart Maher (Great Harwood CC)

Lashings World XI team:
Martin Bicknell (C) ex Surrey and England
Chris Schofield ex Lancashire, Surrey and England
Niall O'Brien ex Kent, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire and Ireland
Yasir Arafat ex Six English Counties & Pakistan
John Emburey ex Middlesex, Northamptonshire & England
Chris Lewis ex Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Surrey & England
Saj Mahmood ex Lancashire, Essex & England
Kabir Ali ex Worcestershire, Lancashire, Hampshire & England
Faisal Iqbal ex Pakistan
Usman Afzaal ex Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Surrey & England
Ryan Sidebottom ex Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire & England
David Smith Manager ex Surrey, Worcestershire, Sussex & England

Timetable of Events (All Timings are subject to Change)
10.00 Coaching Session commences with RCC coaches and Rishton Juniors
11.00 Bar Opens and guests start to arrive. Lashings players start to arrive
11.15 Lashings Players join in with Coaching
1200 The call is made for Guests to make their way to the Marquee for Lunch
1215 Lunch Commences
1600 T20 match between a Rishton CC Select XI v Lashings World XI commences
Commentary on the game provided by Henry Blofeld
1915 Closing Ceremony
2030 Karl Ribble performs his first set in the Marquee
2115 Interval
2145 Karl Ribble performs his second set
2245 End of Entertainment – Guests adjourn to the bar to finish the evening

Caballo
Been Liked: 421 times
Has Liked: 433 times

Re: Rishton v Lashings XI - This Friday

Post by Caballo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:24 pm

I fully expect to be there at 11.01, I'm not leaving home until 11.
This user liked this post: Leisure

tybfc
Been Liked: 1304 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by tybfc » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:33 pm

Peter - With Proc and Curran running this what could possibly go wrong?

Looks like a great day if the weather behaves.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:00 pm

tybfc wrote:Peter - With Proc and Curran running this what could possibly go wrong?

Looks like a great day if the weather behaves.
Fingers crossed.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:09 pm

The weather forecast is ok.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:59 pm

Bump.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2167 times
Has Liked: 3100 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:05 pm

I may be in the minority here but what is the idea/story behind "The Lashings"?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:31 pm

They consider themselves to be the Harlem Globetrotters of cricket.

The Lashings World XI is a cricket team captained by the former England and Surrey fast bowler Martin Bicknell.

It was formed in 1984 as a pub team but evolved into an international XI after signing Richie Richardson in 1996. Now a slick, corporate entertainment business, Lashings play between 20 and 30 matches during the English cricket season and will tour Jamaica in late 2019.

The team has attracted a number of international cricketers and other celebrities to its ranks, starting with Richie Richardson, and including Brian Lara, Muttiah Muralitharan, Aravinda De Silva, Tatenda Taibu, Chris Cairns, Gordon Greenidge, Jimmy Adams, Henry Olonga, Javagal Srinath, Courtney Walsh, Allan Donald, Shoaib Akhtar and Sir Viv Richards. One "capture" was former English women's cricket team captain, Clare Connor. Sachin Tendulkar, Brendan Taylor, Inzamam Ul Haq, Wasim Akram, Rashid Latif and Ajit Agarkar are its more recent high-profile players. They travel across the United Kingdom, playing in a variety of venues against school and club teams.

Their current manager is former Sussex, Surrey & England cricketer David Smith. The owners are Scott Charlton, David Fitzgerald and Peter Lampkin, who bought the club from its founder, David Folb, in 2018. Folb still owns the Lashings Sports Bar in Maidstone, Kent, but the businesses are now completely separate.

Currently the Lashings squad includes Gordon Greenidge, Devon Malcolm, John Emburey, George Worker, Tino Best and Yasir Arafat. The current Australia captain Tim Paine, also played for Lashings in 2016.
This user liked this post: ZizkovClaret

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Some big names have played for them in the past but I'm not sure they have the stars anymore to attract the fans.

Hope it's a success for Rishton though.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Leisure wrote:They consider themselves to be the Harlem Globetrotters of cricket.

The Lashings World XI is a cricket team captained by the former England and Surrey fast bowler Martin Bicknell.

It was formed in 1984 as a pub team but evolved into an international XI after signing Richie Richardson in 1996. Now a slick, corporate entertainment business, Lashings play between 20 and 30 matches during the English cricket season and will tour Jamaica in late 2019.

The team has attracted a number of international cricketers and other celebrities to its ranks, starting with Richie Richardson, and including Brian Lara, Muttiah Muralitharan, Aravinda De Silva, Tatenda Taibu, Chris Cairns, Gordon Greenidge, Jimmy Adams, Henry Olonga, Javagal Srinath, Courtney Walsh, Allan Donald, Shoaib Akhtar and Sir Viv Richards. One "capture" was former English women's cricket team captain, Clare Connor. Sachin Tendulkar, Brendan Taylor, Inzamam Ul Haq, Wasim Akram, Rashid Latif and Ajit Agarkar are its more recent high-profile players. They travel across the United Kingdom, playing in a variety of venues against school and club teams.

Their current manager is former Sussex, Surrey & England cricketer David Smith. The owners are Scott Charlton, David Fitzgerald and Peter Lampkin, who bought the club from its founder, David Folb, in 2018. Folb still owns the Lashings Sports Bar in Maidstone, Kent, but the businesses are now completely separate.

Currently the Lashings squad includes Gordon Greenidge, Devon Malcolm, John Emburey, George Worker, Tino Best and Yasir Arafat. The current Australia captain Tim Paine, also played for Lashings in 2016.
Cheers for that Leisure

Caballo

Post by Caballo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:07 pm

Well I don't know who else from here attended today but I throughly enjoyed myself. Despite the event being a sellout I felt the league, more specifically the clubs were under represented.
There were players in the league representative side whose clubs didn't take a table, which I found remarkable. Time for a bit of introspection from both the clubs and league, in days of yore you'd have been fighting each other off for a 2nd table, time to decide if you're in it for your club or the game!!

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Caballo wrote:Well I don't know who else from here attended today but I throughly enjoyed myself. Despite the event being a sellout I felt the league, more specifically the clubs were under represented.
There were players in the league representative side whose clubs didn't take a table, which I found remarkable. Time for a bit of introspection from both the clubs and league, in days of yore you'd have been fighting each other off for a 2nd table, time to decide if you're in it for your club or the game!!
Where is the money going? To the league, some charity or just to Rishton?

Caballo

Post by Caballo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:30 pm

Lashings will take the lions share (their fee) followed by the nominated charaties (McMillan), then Rishton (the bar profits being by far and away the hosts biggest revenue stream on the day).
Understand what you're saying Zizkov, but for me an event like that is about celebrating the game, the league and the excellence it stands for.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:40 pm

Caballo wrote:Well I don't know who else from here attended today but I throughly enjoyed myself. Despite the event being a sellout I felt the league, more specifically the clubs were under represented.
Well I attended for the cricket but didn't do the lunch etc. As you say, probably 95% of attendees were from Rishton. Good to see some of the cricketing names from the recent past playing. Chris Lewis certainly seemed to enjoy himself fielding Infront of the bar and Ryan Sidebottom seems to have retained his pace. A good afternoon/evenings entertainment.
This user liked this post: Caballo