ARTICLE: Heaton signs for Villa

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
turfytopper
Been Liked: 408 times
Has Liked: 3421 times

Re: ARTICLE: Heaton signs for Villa

Post by turfytopper » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:15 am

Gutted. I felt Tom was one of us, a true Claret, A great personality and Villa have a fantastic keeper.

We will move on as we always do. Fortunately we are spoilt in the goalkeeping area at the moment

Would be great to see Tom back at Burnley at some point.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2876 times

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:26 am

Feel like I’m in mourning. Good luck at the Vandels Tom.

Hope this wasn’t the beating heart and soul of our squad being sold. I personally think Pope is our better keeper, but Tom was certainly popular with the players. Guess we must trust SD on this call.

Texanclaret16
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Texanclaret16 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:30 am

GL Tom, hopefully come back and coach when them playing days are over with how he’s been as a captain and around the club in general I think he will make a fantastic addition to the coaching team....

Nick Pope the stage is yours and the chance to make yourself England number 1 above the for me overrated Pickford....

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:35 am

Really gutted about this.

Not only one of our most important players of all time (impossible to overstate the impact he has had) he’s also a genuinely top bloke who loves the club and the fans.

He once waited at the club shop for hours on end to meet the kids. Must have been ten hours plus. We sat next to him at old Trafford and again he was totally patient and a proper gent with every single fan despite being there with his family. And lastly the best of all was when I bumped into him at the hospital when my baby was born this Christmas and he spent time with us and was genuinely interested.

Regardless of age and the future I think it’s a foolish move on our part. A player who played a huge role in our success over his six years here. And was absolutely crucial last season.

Aston Villa have got themselves not only a top player. But a top fella in an era where there are less of them.

Thanks for the memories Tom. And will always cherish this picture!
Attachments
A951D972-37DC-40FA-A57B-15DE6A973075.jpeg
A951D972-37DC-40FA-A57B-15DE6A973075.jpeg (429.3 KiB) Viewed 4051 times
These 3 users liked this post: jedi_master ecc Vintage Claret

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5003 times
Has Liked: 6721 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:48 am

Gutted. A relegation rival has signed a proven top keeper who will earn them at least an extra ten points this season. We are so fekin naive.

Andingle
Been Liked: 273 times
Has Liked: 349 times

Post by Andingle » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:59 am

Very disapointed to see Tom leaving us , he's been a fantastic servant at BFC and always felt more confident when seeing Tom at Number 1 on the team sheet , but wish him all the best at his New club.
Last edited by Andingle on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1208 times
Has Liked: 7099 times

Post by Quicknick » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:02 pm

You can understand him wanting to go. Villa are huge with a great stadium and atmosphere. He will be in the first eleven, and I bet he's on more money. Good luck, Tom. Just make sure you let a soft one in at TM.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:03 pm

Pope is the future, Heaton had to go now while he was still number one... for Burnley and for himself. I wish him all the very best and hope to see him return to the club when his playing days are over.

Been a Godsend for Burnley, but it was the right thing to do even if it has left my stomach churning and an air of gloom around our house (mainly from me).
These 3 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Claret-On-A-T-Rex Longsider

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:09 pm

Pope is simply not as good as Heaton and never will be. A really stupid move that will end in tears for all concerned.

williamjblazkowicz
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by williamjblazkowicz » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:15 pm

The funny thing is that this wasn't even Aston VIlla's only signing today! How many is that now? 12? 13? Good luck gelling that team together :lol:

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:18 pm

Best keeper in my 45 years plus of supporting Burnley.
Extremely disappointed in him leaving or even wanting to leave...I thought he was the very embodiment of the club.

I’ve always been a strong supporter of the club, manager and the board in the last 6 or 7 years and always been grateful for being able to see this sustained period in the Premier League as for many years I thought it was beyond us. I understand our constraints and budgets well and know we are more limited than most other teams.

All that said I am confused at our recent activity. I have very good understanding of our financial position and we have far more room for manoeuvre in the market than what we appear to be doing.
I don’t understand this “doing right by the player” policy for Vokes and Heaton...we should not have sold Vokes in January in the position we were in and we should not have sold Tom now for £8m or £9m. We should have told Villa £20m or he stays or given Tom what he wanted.
Look at what Leicester have done with Maguire - £80m or he stays...today United are saying they will pay £80m after weeks of saying they won’t.
I know there’s a week to go till deadline but clubs are actively in discussions with players - like Brighton and Brentford over Maupay and our only rumour is buying a 3rd choice keeper.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:19 pm

dermotdermot wrote:Pope is simply not as good as Heaton and never will be. A really stupid move that will end in tears for all concerned.

It could do, but I doubt it. I think I’d call Pope slightly ahead of Heaton as a keeper... he commands the box, not the six yard box.. for example. However does enthusiasm and personality trump that, because Heaton had that in spades. In ideal world neither would leave but fully understand the decision taken by both parties.

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1754 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:41 pm

Shot stopping Heaton = Pope
Commanding the box Pope > Heaton
Distribution Heaton > Pope

There is the intangible, that Heaton seems to have a better rapport with his back 4, though we should remember the season we finished 7th Pope was the man behind that back 4.

The bottom line is that Tom wanted to go, he will no doubt have secured himself a pay rise and likely will raise his profile at what is undoubtedly a bigger club. Still gutted to see him go but crowd favourites have left in the past and the club goes on. I am only just getting over the departure of Les Thompson all those years ago....... :D

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:45 pm

I hope I'm proved wrong about this, but I fear we'll end up regretting the fact that we didn't manage to get Heaton tied down to a longer term deal, or resist harder selling him this summer.

He leaves a gaping hole at the heart of the squad - arguably our best all round keeper, but for sure, for 6 years, our most important leader on the playing staff.

The bet is that the culture of the club and the squad is strong enough to perpetuate itself without Heaton's influence. We're going to find out of that's true, but in the meantime he moves on with all of our best wishes - it is probably no exaggeration to say he's been one of the most influential players in our post-war history.
These 2 users liked this post: JohnDearyMe cricketfieldclarets

Sarum
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 323 times

Post by Sarum » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:54 pm

Pleased for Tom, but disappointed that he felt the need to move on. He almost always came across as a strong presence at the heart of the defence, a good communicator, agile and (apart from just a few exceptions) rock solid. And, as club captain, presumably a particularly important presence off field, too. Those are going to be big gloves to fill....

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:03 pm

TVC15 wrote: I don’t understand this “doing right by the player” policy for Vokes and Heaton...we should not have sold Vokes in January in the position we were in and we should not have sold Tom now for £8m or £9m.
But we haven't missed Vokes at all, in fact I'd say we are in a far stronger position up front because we sold him.
Last edited by Spijed on Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Gutted. Especially to Villa, but...
Last summer we expected one of our 2 England goalkeepers to be looking to move on. They didn't, got injured and we signed a player who until fairly recently was THE England goalkeeper. We were never going to manage to keep 3 goalkeepers of that standard when you can only play one - and in a position you don't get 'dropped' very often.

Some body had to leave.

taffy
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by taffy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Heaton has been nothing short of excellent for us but life moves on and Tom wasn't getting any younger, good deal for us, Tom and villa. We have an excellent keeper to step up in Pope and good cover with Hart, in dyche we trust utc

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 666 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:50 pm

Got a horrible feeling that this is going to be a pivotal moment for the club (and not in a good way).

Fingers crossed that Pope can stay fit and rekindle his form from the season before last

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:17 pm

TVC15 wrote:All that said I am confused at our recent activity. I have very good understanding of our financial position and we have far more room for manoeuvre in the market than what we appear to be doing.
claretspice wrote:I hope I'm proved wrong about this, but I fear we'll end up regretting the fact that we didn't manage to get Heaton tied down to a longer term deal, or resist harder selling him this summer.

Well biscuit wrists at any rate.

I'm joking, I've passed the point of being shocked and disappointed by our transfer strategy. What will be will be.

It's time for renewed optimism and a strong belief that our recruitment team are working towards a plan that will see us safe for another season and beyond.

We've got the bad news out of the way and now we can turn things around in the last seven days and finish the window with a stronger team ( and not a weaker team with a tad more versatility up front and more money in the dry powder store than when we started ).

That has to be what we are striving to achieve. It's like a classic disaster movie plot.

Tickle the viewers with a little uncertainty early on, add in a dash of ambiguity, hit them hard with a cataclysmic event of epic proportions and then show the victorious heroes emerging from the rubble to rapturous applause.

We could start by signing Gary Cahill to play in central midfield

.......... waits for the fish

Okay, that last suggestion was a little cheeky. I'm not ablueclaret for those who were wondering.

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 694 times
Has Liked: 602 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:21 pm

Something had to give with goalkeeper situation unfortunately it is Tom who's gone, but all the best to him, been excellent for the last six and nice guy by all accounts.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:50 pm

Spijed wrote:But we haven't missed Vokes at all, in fact I'd say we are in a far stronger position up front because we sold him.
It wasn’t the point - we got lucky as if either Barnes or Wood would have been injured or suspended (a very real risk for both of these players) we would have been bang on trouble with Crouch very clearly unable to play more than 20 minutes...and he got a freak injury anyway.
For a club in our very healthy financial position but extremely precarious league position at the time it was an unnecessary risk to take - and I will never understand or agree that it was the correct decision.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:57 pm

TVC15 wrote:It wasn’t the point - we got lucky as if either Barnes or Wood would have been injured or suspended (a very real risk for both of these players) we would have been bang on trouble with Crouch very clearly unable to play more than 20 minutes...and he got a freak injury anyway.
For a club in our very healthy financial position but extremely precarious league position at the time it was an unnecessary risk to take - and I will never understand or agree that it was the correct decision.
I read this article earlier which had a surprising titbit about why Crouch decided to retire.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ed-up.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" To go from being a regular starter to someone whose role is limited to 10 or 15 minutes off the bench has been hard to accept. I will be 39 in January but I am physically fit and could have carried on. What I didn't want to be was someone who was thrown on to have balls smashed up to them ".

Which was pretty much the role we brought him in to play.
This user liked this post: ksrclaret

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:00 pm

Top Keeper Top Man. Congratulations Villa you've got yourselves one hell of a keeper!

Thanks for the memories Tomand Good Luck!

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:06 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:I read this article earlier which had a surprising titbit about why Crouch decided to retire.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ed-up.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" To go from being a regular starter to someone whose role is limited to 10 or 15 minutes off the bench has been hard to accept. I will be 39 in January but I am physically fit and could have carried on. What I didn't want to be was someone who was thrown on to have balls smashed up to them ".

No prizes for guessing who that comment is aimed at.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:11 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:I read this article earlier which had a surprising titbit about why Crouch decided to retire.

I think he’s bigging himself up there. When he came on there was very little movement from him and he had hardly played for Stoke all season so not sure why he thought he was fit enough to last a full game. The fact that he got injured anyway just shows how lucky we were - as clearly we had no intention of starting Vydra.

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:06 pm

There’s not many players these days who embody club and fan.........

Sorry to see him go.......good luck Tom.

Time to step up Popey!

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:12 pm

Man this is hard to take. Thanks Tom for everything. I hope this doesn't fall against us.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2490 times
Has Liked: 761 times

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:15 pm

**** me :lol:

How embarrassing

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:20 pm

A really sad day for us, he is probably my all time favourite ever burnley player.

To think, he was Sean Dyches first signing and a free, and if memory serves me right, many on the old CM were less than pleased about us taking a relegated teams GK. How unbelievably wrong those doubters turned out to be.

Villa have got themselves an elite signing there. As good a signing as any team under the top 6 can possibly make imo.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:46 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:Image

Well biscuit wrists at any rate.

I'm joking, I've passed the point of being shocked and disappointed by our transfer strategy. What will be will be.

It's time for renewed optimism and a strong belief that our recruitment team are working towards a plan that will see us safe for another season and beyond.

We've got the bad news out of the way and now we can turn things around in the last seven days and finish the window with a stronger team ( and not a weaker team with a tad more versatility up front and more money in the dry powder store than when we started ).

That has to be what we are striving to achieve. It's like a classic disaster movie plot.

Tickle the viewers with a little uncertainty early on, add in a dash of ambiguity, hit them hard with a cataclysmic event of epic proportions and then show the victorious heroes emerging from the rubble to rapturous applause.

We could start by signing Gary Cahill to play in central midfield

.......... waits for the fish

Okay, that last suggestion was a little cheeky. I'm not ablueclaret for those who were wondering.
Don’t think for one minute I am in the same category as you.
I said that I was confused and disagreed with a couple of the recent decisions. But I am also cognisant of the fact that I know a fraction of the ins and outs of what is going on and that there are many aspects to any decision we make.
The bigger picture is that Dyche and the Board have got a lot more things right than they have wrong and that time and time again they keep on proving us wrong.
I have always said that at some point we will be relegated just like 90% of all teams to have ever played in this league have been.
The best thing to do is enjoy it whilst it lasts rather than be constantly disappointed in the club or even worse be so deluded to think you can do a better job !
This user liked this post: Duffer_

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:59 pm

If Pope is the replacement I'm not worried.
If Hart is the replacement I'm absolutely shitting myself.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Longsider
Been Liked: 761 times
Has Liked: 722 times

Post by Longsider » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:08 pm

Herts Clarets wrote: and likely will raise his profile at what is undoubtedly a bigger club.
Not if they go down, which I really hope they do.

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:53 pm

John Gayles Shoulder wrote:Good choice of word. I would back this up with 'drained'

Ps. This is the only transfer I've ever known about ahead of most that it was deffo happening and none of you buggers believed me :mrgreen: :(
Must have been all the fish I've gutted or the shock of it :lol:
This user liked this post: Rats_cle

Andingle
Been Liked: 273 times
Has Liked: 349 times

Post by Andingle » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:14 pm

https://twitter.com/i/status/1157662599040905219" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 309 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Heaton in nets for Villa vs Leipzig on Freesports just kicked off. It doesn’t look right! :(

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:15 am

SD says we couldn't compete with the wages:

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/fo ... wCvv_0dLPQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:22 am

Of course we can't.

But he's got loyalty. Glad he stayed instead of chasing money. Our captain.
This user liked this post: Narwhalchomper

Longsider
Been Liked: 761 times
Has Liked: 722 times

Post by Longsider » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:29 am

Spijed wrote:SD says we couldn't compete with the wages:

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/fo ... wCvv_0dLPQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Come Christmas when Villa sack there manager my biggest fear of the season is that Dyche will be also getting a wage increase at Villa.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:40 pm

claretspice wrote:I hope I'm proved wrong about this, but I fear we'll end up regretting the fact that we didn't manage to get Heaton tied down to a longer term deal, or resist harder selling him this summer.

He leaves a gaping hole at the heart of the squad - arguably our best all round keeper, but for sure, for 6 years, our most important leader on the playing staff.

The bet is that the culture of the club and the squad is strong enough to perpetuate itself without Heaton's influence. We're going to find out of that's true, but in the meantime he moves on with all of our best wishes - it is probably no exaggeration to say he's been one of the most influential players in our post-war history.
I think it was either promised first team football or sell. Pope signed his new contract - regardless of what people say there must have been a gentleman's agreement there. There just must have been.

So Heaton will have known he was second choice - and England play next summer. He wants to be playing for England. He aint doing that as second choice at Burnley.

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:49 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I think it was either promised first team football or sell. Pope signed his new contract - regardless of what people say there must have been a gentleman's agreement there. There just must have been.

So Heaton will have known he was second choice - and England play next summer. He wants to be playing for England. He aint doing that as second choice at Burnley.
I think you are over complicating it

Tom left for money we could not match. Simples.

Good luck and thank you
This user liked this post: creepingdeath

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:14 pm

Just hope this doesn't come back to haunt us
Selling to a rival for just £8.5m when he could have been the difference between staying up and going down
Would have rather let him go for nothing next year

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:17 pm

Down_Rover wrote:I think you are over complicating it

Tom left for money we could not match. Simples.

Good luck and thank you
For a start we don't know his wage offers so that's guess work. And why did he decide to stay last season if it was that straightforward?

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:22 pm

FactualFrank wrote:For a start we don't know his wage offers so that's guess work. And why did he decide to stay last season if it was that straightforward?
Dyche has said we couldn’t compete with Villa regarding wages

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:25 pm

joey13 wrote:Dyche has said we couldn’t compete with Villa regarding wages
I'm referring to internal talks and why he was upbeat. It's clear that it's more to do with game time than wages. He wanted to be Number 1 and would have turned Villa down.

Royboyclaret
Been Liked: 1274 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Royboyclaret » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:04 pm

joey13 wrote:Dyche has said we couldn’t compete with Villa regarding wages
And he would be right. Even comparing our PL wages to their Championship we still lagged way behind.

Goodness knows the level that Villa are now at in the PL. Tom probably could not believe his luck.

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:03 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:Tom probably could not believe his luck.
Neither could Dean Smith

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... n-16704809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If their offer blew us out of the water, in relation to what they offered Tom in terms of a contract, that should have told us how much they wanted him.

Their previous spending in this window should have confirmed their " money is no object " to our team development and giving us the best chance of staying up ethos.

Despite their spending they were crying out for a quality keeper, premier league experience and the character / leadership to tie everything together.

We took all of that into account, considered that we would be strengthening a rival and we weren't in a position that meant we absolutely had to sell, and we negotiated them up from their initial low ball offer of £7m to £8m.

In a window that has seen clubs asking for the world in terms of transfer fees for player, and holding firm until they get it, we are a push over. Getting the most for the players we sell is just as important as paying the least for the players we buy.

The fact that we decided to sell Heaton for the bargain price of £8m, with time left in the window to take them down to the wire ( and that it was by a majority agreement ) is a bit embarrassing and it is easy to understand the inclination of Dean Smith to gloat about the transfer.

It was good business?

Nope, the money that we got for Tom was amateur hour at the soft touch saloon. With everything settled between Heaton and Villa the only thing standing in their way was our asking price and we folded our cards with a whimper. I think that we could have got quite a bit more for him, even in the last year of his contract.

You can bet Leeds won't sanction the departure of an important player like Phillips for anything less than a ridiculous amount of money. Just what we need, very good player, but our pursuit has an element of deja vu to it ( Che Adams in the last window). Anything more than £20m would be an eye watering amount to pay for him.

£8m for Tom wasn't good business. No more than adding an extra element of risk to our chance of staying up by the sale of Vokes was. It was a take the money, offer little resistance and cross all our fingers that we didn't make a big mistake move.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:10 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote: I think that we could have got quite a bit more for him, even in the last year of his contract.
Go on then. How much more?

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:48 pm

It beggars belief that there posters on this board that can’t see something for what it is

Tom got offered more money and decided to do the right thing for his family

We couldn’t compete with Villas wages without a mutiny

Nothing else
These 2 users liked this post: creepingdeath Bosscat

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Down_Rover wrote:It beggars belief that there posters on this board that can’t see something for what it is

Tom got offered more money and decided to do the right thing for his family

We couldn’t compete with Villas wages without a mutiny

Nothing else

The same thing Charlie Austin and Jason Shackell were vilified for.