ARTICLE: Peacock-Farrell signs from Leeds

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32369 times
Has Liked: 5267 times

ARTICLE: Peacock-Farrell signs from Leeds

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Signing complete

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/peacock-far ... from-leeds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ClaretTony

Re: ARTICLE: Peacock-Farrell signs from Leeds

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:05 pm

Article now online at link above

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:06 pm

We never sign young players.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretTony Holtyclaret

COBBLE
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 472 times

Post by COBBLE » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:11 pm

Sell 33 year old at peak value and replace with 22 year old, net proceeds about 6 million.

It might not work but its a business strategy.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 1035 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:11 pm

The King is dead, long live the King. Welcome Prince Bailey, you’ll need to be patient just like Nick Pope was. However who knows what lies ahead.
This user liked this post: Dante.El.Chunk

summitclaret
Been Liked: 833 times
Has Liked: 1324 times

Post by summitclaret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Great to see us going back to sucession planning. Now get something done in cm please.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:15 pm

Good that he's an international keeper too, should help build up his experience. Who are the other main N.Irish keepers at the moment?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:17 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:Good that he's an international keeper too, should help build up his experience. Who are the other main N.Irish keepers at the moment?
Him I think :D

but never underestimate the value of a player getting international football
These 2 users liked this post: Burnley Ace JohnDearyMe

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:18 pm

Too soon for him to play a part vs Parma tomorrow?

williamjblazkowicz
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by williamjblazkowicz » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:24 pm

A Premier League club is what you dream of when you are starting out in football and to say I’ve signed for Burnley is a massive honour...

Well said young man. Leeds may be the biggest club in the world but they're not Premier League :D
These 3 users liked this post: randomclaret2 Jel Juan Tanamera

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3077 times
Has Liked: 5042 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Hes come to the best club, I would think that Billy Mercer had an input on picking a young keeper. He can learn a lot from Billy.

Mind its going to take a lot to shift Pope and Hart.

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:30 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Too soon for him to play a part vs Parma tomorrow?
Maybe he said he trained with us today

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:30 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Too soon for him to play a part vs Parma tomorrow?
I believe Pope will play tomorrow and will potentially be wearing the number 1 jersey.
These 4 users liked this post: Vegas Claret Colburn_Claret Paul Waine Holtyclaret

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:33 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I believe Pope will play tomorrow and will potentially be wearing the number 1 jersey.
Pope is no longer injured then? Great news if true.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6477 times
Has Liked: 2908 times

Post by Steve1956 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:33 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I believe Pope will play tomorrow and will potentially be wearing the number 1 jersey.
Please Please be true.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11027 times
Has Liked: 5642 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:35 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Signing complete

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/peacock-far ... from-leeds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CT - "we’ve moved quickly to fill the game with Peacock-Farrell joining his former team mates Taylor and Wood at Turf Moor", I think that's a mistake unless I'm reading it wrong.

At least you know I read it ! :D

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:36 pm

If we keep Hart then Steve Stone will be overjoyed to have such a capable player for the U23s. I may be wrong and get corrected but thats where I see him for the next 12 mo ths. Hopefully growing and learning whilst training with our 1st team squad and learning from Hart and Pope. Next year he steps up to take Harts place on the bench.

We are always so on the ball in the GK department and in defence as regards replacements and long term planning.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:40 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:CT - "we’ve moved quickly to fill the game with Peacock-Farrell joining his former team mates Taylor and Wood at Turf Moor", I think that's a mistake unless I'm reading it wrong.

Really? Does it really matter if there is a grammar mistake?

I know he may be part of a team but writing these articles, adding other content on our past, moderating the board and you are pulling him up on a wording error.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1739 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by agreenwood » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:41 pm

We haven’t bought a starter here.

Peacock-Farrell has only started one season as no.1. He flunked the test and was dropped as soon as Leeds we’re able to sign a replacement.

One for the future, but Championship reserves to Prem no.1 is a big step.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11027 times
Has Liked: 5642 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:41 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Really? Does it really matter if there is a grammar mistake?

I know he may be part of a team but writing these articles, adding other content on our past, moderating the board and you are pulling him up on a wording error.
pointing it out to him like I've done before and he's thanked me for it, not pulling him up on it. FFS take a chill pill :lol:
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:42 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:CT - "we’ve moved quickly to fill the game with Peacock-Farrell joining his former team mates Taylor and Wood at Turf Moor", I think that's a mistake unless I'm reading it wrong.

I had the article written yesterday and then decided to change it this morning when I was rushing. It now reads gap.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4180 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:43 pm

Good to see a negative found in another signing.

Going to be some player if we ever sign one, who can make even the most negative on here happy.
This user liked this post: creepingdeath

williamjblazkowicz

Post by williamjblazkowicz » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:45 pm

agreenwood wrote:We haven’t bought a starter here.

Peacock-Farrell has only started one season as no.1. He flunked the test and was dropped as soon as Leeds we’re able to sign a replacement.

One for the future, but Championship reserves to Prem no.1 is a big step.
Weren't they top of the Championship until they dropped him and replaced him with Casilla?

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:45 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I had the article written yesterday and then decided to change it this morning when I was rushing. It now reads gap.

And I thought it was a bird pun gone wrong... haha

Something for us all

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:46 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Good to see a negative found in another signing.

Going to be some player if we ever sign one, who can make even the most negative on here happy.
Fingers crossed my post is not deemed as negative. From what I have read of him he is highly rated by several Prem clubs. I think we have the natural successor to Pope here and I love how we are now dealing in 4 year contracts with the option of an extra season. Means we are planning further ahead and helps capture players as it shows an extra level of commitment

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:48 pm

williamjblazkowicz wrote:Weren't they top of the Championship until they dropped him and replaced him with Casilla?
Yes and he threw a few in but in goalkeeping years he is a young lad and by all accounts to be so highly thought of by several top clubs there must be something about him.

williamjblazkowicz

Post by williamjblazkowicz » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:50 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Yes and he threw a few in but in goalkeeping years he is a young lad and by all accounts to be so highly thought of by several top clubs there must be something about him.
Yes, that sounds fair enough. I've just had a look and found an article that compares the states of BPF and Casilla: Casilla has leaked 22 goals in 19 match for Leeds, an average of 1.16 p/g, whilst Peacock-Farrell conceded 32 in 29, a rate of 1.14 p/g.

Regardless of how he performed with Leeds, he'll be well protected by our framework so that's a plus. A positive signing in my view :)

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:50 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Fingers crossed my post is not deemed as negative. From what I have read of him he is highly rated by several Prem clubs. I think we have the natural successor to Pope here and I love how we are now dealing in 4 year contracts with the option of an extra season. Means we are planning further ahead and helps capture players as it shows an extra level of commitment

Yours is actually one of the more positive ones ( not like you :D :D ) keep up the good work

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:51 pm

williamjblazkowicz wrote:Weren't they top of the Championship until they dropped him and replaced him with Casilla?
Leeds dropped once they'd stopped spying. :)

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:59 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Yours is actually one of the more positive ones ( not like you :D :D ) keep up the good work
I vowed this transfer window to wait until the end before slagging anyone off ha ha.

I am actually of the view its been a good window so far. Pieters is fantastic back up bordering on first teamer like Bardsley has proved to be. Peacock is good back up with the future in mind. Jay Rod...an addition up front that will link play and we will get a good few years service from him.

Would love a midfielder but who are we to say that may not be Benson like McNeil last season. I know he most probably will be loaned out but looking at the positive in everything at the moment.

U 23s are improving as are the u18s, a succession plan seems to be getting put in place. The last few years I have been of the mindset that we wont see players like Rooney and Owen again breaki g onto the scene at 16 and ripping up trees. The U23s mean players arent getting into the first teams as quickly which is good by me. We have Benson, Koiki and Dunne that hopefully in the next year or 2 will add to our squad on low wages and enable us to change our structure and increase the wages given to the superstars of the team. Throw in Richardson (potential) to the mix also. I can understand why we are the blueprint for most of the clubs not in the top league.

I will stop now as people may think I am Long Time Lurker
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretTony Darnhill Claret

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:03 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:I vowed this transfer window to wait until the end before slagging anyone off ha ha.

I am actually of the view its been a good window so far. Pieters is fantastic back up bordering on first teamer like Bardsley has proved to be. Peacock is good back up with the future in mind. Jay Rod...an addition up fro t that will link play and we will get a good few years service from him.

Would love a midfielder but who are we to say that may not be Benson like McNeil last season. I know he most probably will be loaned out but looking at the positive in everything at the moment.

U 23s are improving as are the u18s, a succession plan seems to be getting put in place. The last few years I have been of the mindset that we wont see players like Rooney and Owen again breaki g onto the scene at 16 and ripping up trees. The U23s mean players arent getting into the first teams as quickly which is good by me. We have Benson, Koiki and Dunne that hopefully in the next year or 2 will add to our squad on low wages and enable us to change our structure and increase the wages given to the superstars of the team. Throw in Richardson (potential) to the mix also. I can understand why we are the blueprint for most of the clubs not in the top league.

I always think the wisest approach is to judge a window when it has closed. If it ends up being a bad one then there is nothing wrong at all in anyone saying that. If someone spends the whole window crying then we sign the kind of players they wanted close to the end of the window then they have made themselves look a bit stupid and weak.

Everyone is different though, some actually enjoy coming on here and moaning at everything, despite it being one of the best times in the clubs history, personally I would rather enjoy it and when the day comes and we are relegated I can look back and think least I didn't waste this period by moaning at everything. Again though we are all different and be very boring if we were all the same.
These 3 users liked this post: Paulclaret ClaretTony Darnhill Claret

Rowls
Been Liked: 5096 times
Has Liked: 5155 times

Post by Rowls » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:13 pm

Hopefully a lot of thought and long-term planning gone into this signing.

We evidently had to do *something* about the 'keeper situation because having three internationals, all of whom are at the age when they really need to be playing was unsustainable.

Dyche has made his decision and let's hope it's the right one. If anyone has earned the right to be given the benefit of the doubt in his decision making then it's Dyche by a landslide.

In regards to Peacock-Farrell let's all remember he's young and has lots to learn. The majority of us are hoping desperately for Pope to be fit for the start of the season but it's worth recalling that when he wasn't even judged experienced enough to be our second choice 'keeper when he first arrived.

That might be the case with Peacock-Farrell for a year or two?

In Dyche We Trust

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:14 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:I always think the wisest approach is to judge a window when it has closed. If it ends up being a bad one then there is nothing wrong at all in anyone saying that. If someone spends the whole window crying then we sign the kind of players they wanted close to the end of the window then they have made themselves look a bit stupid and weak.

Everyone is different though, some actually enjoy coming on here and moaning at everything, despite it being one of the best times in the clubs history, personally I would rather enjoy it and when the day comes and we are relegated I can look back and think least I didn't waste this period by moaning at everything. Again though we are all different and be very boring if we were all the same.
All fans need to embrace the little old Burnley tag and it should unite us. We are still at the top table despite no one wanting us here. All the pundits will be backing us for relegation again in the coming days and once again they will all be proved wrong.

Camarasa (?) I believe there is no doubt we have tried to sign him. Just like the lad from Gent that went Atlanta. But bar holding a gun to their head if their agent carried on banding their names about edging for a better move or more money then we are never going to win the battle for their signatures. If they dont want a lift to training in Ashley Cabs then they arent the right players for us

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1402 times

Post by Aclaret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:20 pm

And a big welcome to Burnley FC. A step up from your former club, you are in good hands.

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:22 pm

Tall Paul wrote:We never sign young players.
Let's see how he turns out first before getting on your high horse - yes we need to be getting younger but only if they are upto it and from what I have seen from this lad is a bit meah

But welcome to Burnley and prove me wrong
Last edited by BOYSIE31 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 1035 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:22 pm

The longer we stay in the Prem, the more likely players will consider us a viable option. Our refusal to over invest into the pockets of agents, will mean that agents aren’t likely to be recommending us to all their clients. We can’t have it both ways.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:23 pm

As things stand another for the u23’s. Hopefully some turn out to be the next McNeil.

dsr
Been Liked: 4569 times
Has Liked: 2259 times

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:25 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:I always think the wisest approach is to judge a window when it has closed. If it ends up being a bad one then there is nothing wrong at all in anyone saying that. If someone spends the whole window crying then we sign the kind of players they wanted close to the end of the window then they have made themselves look a bit stupid and weak.
It's still too early. You can only really judge a window after at least the first contract is up for the players signed and sold. For example, how good was the Heaton-Arfield-Jones window, followed by the Barnes window? Better with hindsight than it looked at the time.

Tarkowski, for example, looked a better signing after 3 years than he did after 18 months. We need to wait and see.

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:39 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:Let's see how he turns out first before getting on your high horse - yes we need to be getting younger but only if they are upto it and from what I have seen from this lad is a bit meah

But welcome to Burnley and prove me wrong
Why don't you see how things turn out before criticising the board and management?

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:40 pm

Tall Paul wrote:Why don't you see how things turn out before criticising the board and management?
Because he’s quite incapable of that.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:41 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:Because he’s quite incapable of that.

When things are a bit "meah" is that like a half cat thing ?

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:51 pm

Tall Paul wrote:Why don't you see how things turn out before criticising the board and management?
I'm not criticising just going from what I saw of him on highlights and hearing Leeds fans views - let's hope he is the real deal in a season or 2

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:52 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:I'm not criticising just going from what I saw of him on highlights and hearing Leeds fans views - let's hope he is the real deal in a season or 2
I didn't mean in this particular instance, I meant in general.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8485 times
Has Liked: 18201 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:54 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:I will stop now as people may think I am Long Time Lurker
Or Factual Frank :lol: :lol: :lol:

mkmel
Been Liked: 1270 times
Has Liked: 2246 times

Post by mkmel » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:02 pm

williamjblazkowicz wrote:A Premier League club is what you dream of when you are starting out in football and to say I’ve signed for Burnley is a massive honour...

Well said young man. Leeds may be the biggest club in the world but they're not Premier League :D
I love your sarcasm :lol:

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:07 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:I'm not criticising just going from what I saw of him on highlights and hearing Leeds fans views - let's hope he is the real deal in a season or 2
These will be the same Leeds fans who probably slagged off Taylor & Wood. They can’t get their heads round players actually wanting to leave them.

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1149 times
Has Liked: 1443 times

Post by Pearcey » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:12 pm

I remember sitting in the Charlton end the day we won the Championship. Some of their fans were really slating Pope and look what happened there.

Good to see us signing a young keeper with Championship and big club experience. Hope Billy Mercer can make him a star.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:27 pm

Second goalkeeper we've had called Farrell. :)

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:07 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:Second goalkeeper we've had called Farrell. :)
Second we’ve had called Peacock. It is referenced in the article.

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Tall Paul wrote:I didn't mean in this particular instance, I meant in general.
Because I'm still waiting for some genuine quality and youth for a starting spot especially midfield