ARTICLE: Peacock-Farrell signs from Leeds

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Re: ARTICLE: Peacock-Farrell signs from Leeds

Post by BOYSIE31 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:24 pm

ClaretTony wrote:These will be the same Leeds fans who probably slagged off Taylor & Wood. They can’t get their heads round players actually wanting to leave them.
True a strange bunch :D

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2352 times
Has Liked: 3183 times

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Yes and he threw a few in but in goalkeeping years he is a young lad and by all accounts to be so highly thought of by several top clubs there must be something about him.
I recall Nick Pope being beaten 3 times in his last game in the championship - Charlton 0 -3 Burnley.

I was also encouraged when we signed him - and he went on to show what he could do when Tom got injured.

I'm sure others will have said the same about the "lazy journalism" that links signing BPF as replacement for Tom Heaton. It's onlya few weeks back that the same press were commenting on Burnley's "challenge" with 3 international keepers.

Welcome to Turf Moor, Bailey Peacock-Farrell

UTC
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:54 pm

By the way Nixon called this signing 6 weeks ago - just saying

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:22 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:By the way Nixon called this signing 6 weeks ago - just saying

He gets nothing right you know, I seriously don't know how this guy who gets so much wrong is still employed...

I'm not saying he's in the loop as much as he was, but his contacts will have contacts and he does get info, and is right more than anyone else who frequents this board.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:26 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Really? Does it really matter if there is a grammar mistake?

I know he may be part of a team but writing these articles, adding other content on our past, moderating the board and you are pulling him up on a wording error.
I do a lot of writing as does CT and despite proof reading, errors occur. I doubt CT takes any offence at having what is a typo pointed out and all Vegas did was point it out with a touch of humour.

Amazing what a comma can do-just added one
Last edited by mdd2 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Rowls wrote:Hopefully a lot of thought and long-term planning gone into this signing.

We evidently had to do *something* about the 'keeper situation because having three internationals, all of whom are at the age when they really need to be playing was unsustainable.

Dyche has made his decision and let's hope it's the right one. If anyone has earned the right to be given the benefit of the doubt in his decision making then it's Dyche by a landslide.

In regards to Peacock-Farrell let's all remember he's young and has lots to learn. The majority of us are hoping desperately for Pope to be fit for the start of the season but it's worth recalling that when he wasn't even judged experienced enough to be our second choice 'keeper when he first arrived.

That might be the case with Peacock-Farrell for a year or two?

In Dyche We Trust
I must confess to being really disappointed that Tom has gone but can see why this had been done. I have little doubt that we wanted to keep him but have taken the opportunity to get in some money and bring in a young potentially good future keeper.
But the other angle I have considered is how much of a difficult choice SD has had to make, letting go his first signing at a time when many wondered 1) what the hell the club was doing appointing the cheap option S Dyche 2) and now the no hoper of a manager has just signed on a free a keeper who lets in goals for fun-and couldn't help keep Bristol City in the Championship.
Sean and Tom have built up their reputations together from nothing whilst at this club. Sean I imagine never let Tom down and Tom never let Sean down
This user liked this post: IB52

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8539 times
Has Liked: 18288 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:15 pm

https://youtu.be/Z5KEERNcF8U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:18 pm

Heatonesque some of those!

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8539 times
Has Liked: 18288 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:25 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Heatonesque some of those!
That was just how I thought ... I reckon we might see this lad sooner rather than later....

Lets hope Kompany can tempt Hart out to Anderlecht :D