Get that picked up and dispose of it properly

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3158 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Get that picked up and dispose of it properly

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:59 pm

if only there was more if this kind of justice in the world

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49248764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

take responsibility for your actions
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

Leisure
Been Liked: 3795 times
Has Liked: 12492 times

Re: Get that picked up and dispose of it properly

Post by Leisure » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:13 pm

If only we could do that with the d**ks who fly-tip here!

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2309 times
Has Liked: 2173 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:16 pm

I remember an old MD telling me to pick up a crisp bag I walked past on the way to the canteen when I was an apprentice. He then gave me a big lecture about walking by something out of place and eventually you stop noticing it, it literally changed my life as I now cant walk past litter near my house or anything out of place at home without correcting it.

Hate him for it.... :)

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:46 pm

Leisure wrote:If only we could do that with the d**ks who fly-tip here!
I agree. Hand out similar large fines here along with jail time if they aren't paid. People and businesses would soon start paying to tip their crap at waste disposal sites.
This user liked this post: Leisure

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2012 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:55 pm

Leisure wrote:If only we could do that with the d**ks who fly-tip here!
Not condoning tipping, but it is certainly not helped in Lancs by the number of items they want to charge for at the Recycling centre. We had tyres tipped on our land... rang the council... they did not want to know as it was private land. When I took them to the tip they refused them....

They also charge commercial rates if you’ve been doing a it of DIY if plaster etc is involved.
I don’t really know what they expect people will do when they can dump it on someone else... not everyone is considerate.

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 1411 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:42 pm

A smaller scale but perhaps 30 years ago I along with a bunch of friends were riding motorbikes across Rannock Moor in Scotland, heading west when a camper-van ahead of us emptied what I assume was the remains of their picnic lunch out of the windows, it was a big mess of wrapping papers/plastic bags/a chicken carcass/squishy tomatoes/half eaten bread rolls, a whole heap of crap.
The guy on the first bike stopped, so the rest of us did too and helped Jimmy collect up all the trash before remounting and heading on our way; perhaps 3/4 hour later having ridden down through Glen Coe we arrived at a small chain-ferry dock and there near the front of the queue to board was the same camper-van. So having parked up his bike Jimmy took the bag of trash off the back, walked quietly down to where they were parked, opened the side door of the camper-van, shook the bag of rubbish out inside it, closed the door and walked around to the front of the van where he smeared one tomato that he'd retained across their windscreen, before walking slowly back toward his bike, having not said a single word to the vans occupants.
There were a few moments of silence before three guys came piling out of the van clearly looking less than happy and loudly expressing both their displeasure and intentions, though only until the moment that they noticed the other 10-12 motorcyclists quietly watching how things might develop, at which point they went back to the van, cleared up the mess and pointedly took the bag across to a nearby bin to dump it. Jimmy, nor any of us had a said a single word to them and during their clean-up there something of a 'silence' amongst all of the people awaiting the next ferry, up until the moment that their rubbish bag landed in the bin, when the queue exploded in a cacophany of cheers, applause and car-horns blowing.
This user liked this post: Billy Balfour

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:54 pm

Rannoch Moor. I love the scenery around that part of the world - Lochaber/Morvern. You can hit large parts of that area in the height of the summer holiday season and still hardly see anyone.