BFC Profits

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Guller Bull
Been Liked: 785 times
Has Liked: 1011 times

Re: BFC Profits

Post by Guller Bull » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:02 pm

Damo - could you please delete the "b" word please
This user liked this post: Damo

Guller Bull
Been Liked: 785 times
Has Liked: 1011 times

Post by Guller Bull » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:03 pm

That is priceless. Sh!t postin at it's best
Last edited by Guller Bull on Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:25 pm

Leisure wrote:Can you tell me why interest shouldn't be added to a loan, especially loans which might not be repaid? How much did you offer to loan to the club?
Obviously I don't and probably never will have that sort of money to invest -but if did I would only want the same back - I did not like the interest but they did

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:28 pm

joey13 wrote:Do the directors even pay for season tickets?
Ha give over - and free meals for them and guests - the boardroom gets a make over every summer

NL Claret
Been Liked: 522 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:31 pm

Some absolute belting posts on this thread.

A couple of points - the £1.25m paid in interest / loans will be lower than the wage Ken Anderson was paying himself and his family in his time at Bolton Wanderers.

As for paying for a season ticket - probably not - as for not investing anything - I'd guess they (Garlick and the other directors) have invested a substantial amount of time into getting the club where it currently is. That is a club entering their 4th consecutive season in the PL so I have no issue with them watching the game for free.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:42 pm

Anyone on here pay to go into their own home? (aside from mortgage - which is repaying the money you borrowed to buy your home; aside from rent - if you are paying rent you don't own your home...).

It's the same with the directors - they own the club - they don't need to buy season tickets to go into their own club.

UTC
These 3 users liked this post: jdrobbo Leisure Rumbletonk

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:44 pm

Anyone interested in Burnley FC Holdings Limited accounting information can get all the need by following this link

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/search?q=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and it's free to search and read the accounts.

UTC

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:52 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:Obviously I don't and probably never will have that sort of money to invest -but if did I would only want the same back - I did not like the interest but they did
It's very generous of you, Boysie.

Most of the world invest money to get more back than they put in. If the loan money they will agree a rate of interest that reflects the credit risk.

If they buy shares they expect a higher rate of return than they would get if they made a loan - because equity "takes the first hit" and get's paid out last.

Posters have suggested that the rate of interest the directors received would have been lower than the rate required on a "commercial loan" - meaning, borrowing money from a bank or similar. My guess is that no bank or other financial institution would have been prepared to lend money to Burnley at the time those loands were made. The club was already "max'd" out - and the only security, Turf Moor, had already been sold to raise funds.
These 5 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Clarets4me Leisure LeadBelly AfloatinClaret

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2339 times
Has Liked: 1040 times

Post by Clarets4me » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:58 pm

If we have a look around the North-West .... omitting the 4 Manchester & Liverpool Clubs ...

Bolton and Bury are starting this season without the proverbial pot to p**s in, on -12 points and in the 3rd tier , Blackpool are coming out of administration, which was needed to get rid of the Oystens, Preston are treading water, as are Wigan, Rovers are in the 2nd tier, and owe £174m to the Venky's. Crewe, coping with a historic sex abuse issue, are stuck in the 4th tier with Oldham, as are Morecambe who are amongst the favorites for the drop. Rochdale, Fleetwood and Accrington do their best and are struggling along in the 3rd tier, whilst Stockport are in the National League, and Chester City have gone bust, and are now plying their trade in National League North ....

We're just about to start our 4th successive season in the EPL, owned by genuine fans, debt free, with money in the bank ..... and we've got a few B***ends on here, whinging that our Directors don't pay for their own season tickets .....

It's not just me, is it ? :? :?
These 10 users liked this post: dsr Leisure tiger76 LeadBelly longsidepies keith1879 ElectroClaret Bosscat littlemissclaret GodIsADeeJay81

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:59 pm

From the bloke who asked the question...no agenda just an honest enquiry from somebody who knows how to haggle a really good deal from Virgin tv but has no idea about finance/accountancy.

Cant believe where this one has gone !!
This user liked this post: Leisure

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:02 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:Obviously I don't and probably never will have that sort of money to invest -but if did I would only want the same back - I did not like the interest but they did
Very easy to say when you don’t have the money.

If there had been anyone prepared to do what you are suggesting (only with the actual money) don’t you think we’d have taken up their offer ?

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2339 times
Has Liked: 1040 times

Post by Clarets4me » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:02 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Anyone interested in Burnley FC Holdings Limited accounting information can get all the need by following this link

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/search?q=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and it's free to search and read the accounts. UTC
This not aimed in any way at the OP, but to some others on here, it would be like reading Hungarian, Paul !

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:05 pm

Guller Bull wrote:Damo - could you please delete the "b" word please
Got rid of that word sorry. Didnt realise the offensive nature of it
This user liked this post: Guller Bull

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 608 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:19 pm

Leisure wrote:What amount on money do you obviously feel that they should be putting in and why does the club need this money?
Leisure, just to clear something up, I don’t feel they should be putting any money into the club.
This user liked this post: Leisure

dsr
Been Liked: 4576 times
Has Liked: 2264 times

Post by dsr » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Parts of this thread sound a bit like the man in the USSR in the old joke.

"Comrade - if you had two horses, would you give one to the poor?" "Yes of course, tovarich, I am a good communist."

"Comrade - if you had two tractors, would you give one to the poor?" "Yes of course, tovarich, I am a good communist."

"Comrade - if you had two cows, would you give one to the poor?" "No I wouldn't." "Why not?" "Because I have got two cows."
These 3 users liked this post: Leisure tiger76 Bosscat

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:25 pm

dsr wrote:Parts of this thread sound a bit like the man in the USSR in the old joke.

"Comrade - if you had two horses, would you give one to the poor?" "Yes of course, tovarich, I am a good communist."

"Comrade - if you had two tractors, would you give one to the poor?" "Yes of course, tovarich, I am a good communist."

"Comrade - if you had two cows, would you give one to the poor?" "No I wouldn't." "Why not?" "Because I have got two cows."
You've hit the nail on the head there,sadly that jokes probably too subtle for some posters too understand.

It's like me saying if i won the lottery i'd give everyone a windfall.

BTW i don't play the lottery ;)
This user liked this post: Bosscat

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 1406 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:53 pm

Clarets4me wrote:...We're just about to start our 4th successive season in the EPL, owned by genuine fans, debt free, with money in the bank ..... and we've got a few B***ends on here, whinging that our Directors don't pay for their own season tickets .....

No.
This user liked this post: Clarets4me

padihamclaret
Been Liked: 41 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by padihamclaret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:07 am

Why can't people just be honest instead of making stuff up (directors taking money out, they don't pay for season tickets etc.) and say they are a bit disappointed we haven't signed certain players quicker?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4186 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:42 am

Joey and Boysie were probably 2 of the season ticket holders threatening the club with legal action back in the summer of 2010 when their season ticket money wasn't refunded as quick as they like..................... actually scratch that thought I just said they had season tickets in 2009

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10238 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:20 pm

Damo wrote:I honestly dont know why anyone bothers to try and explain to some of these clowns.
Just ignore them and they will clear off tofacebook to make up nonsense with the clarets turf reprobates

*edit due to an offensive word, and not wanting to sound like an alcoholic, ex school teacher with high blood pressure
Getting personal again, Damster - there's no need and you know it's likely to end badly.
No, you'd never be able to sound clever or perceptive. You'd need to be able to think and write clearly first and if you're attempting to criticise me, however obliquely, I'll just point out that I've not got high blood pressure. I'm out in Denia boating, cycling and boozing at the moment so I'll permit the "alcoholic" jibe - for one week only, mind. :lol:

Still not going too well for you is it, lad ?

Remind us who it was came out with the following gem when desperately trying to prove he wasn't one of those "clowns" ?

"I wont hold my breath for proof of my ignorance mind."

Ffs, you couldn't make it up.

Cheers ! 8-)
Last edited by evensteadiereddie on Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18215 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Clarets4me wrote:If we have a look around the North-West .... omitting the 4 Manchester & Liverpool Clubs ...

Bolton and Bury are starting this season without the proverbial pot to p**s in, on -12 points and in the 3rd tier , Blackpool are coming out of administration, which was needed to get rid of the Oystens, Preston are treading water, as are Wigan, Rovers are in the 2nd tier, and owe £174m to the Venky's. Crewe, coping with a historic sex abuse issue, are stuck in the 4th tier with Oldham, as are Morecambe who are amongst the favorites for the drop. Rochdale, Fleetwood and Accrington do their best and are struggling along in the 3rd tier, whilst Stockport are in the National League, and Chester City have gone bust, and are now plying their trade in National League North ....

We're just about to start our 4th successive season in the EPL, owned by genuine fans, debt free, with money in the bank ..... and we've got a few B***ends on here, whinging that our Directors don't pay for their own season tickets .....

Excellent post m8
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie littlemissclaret

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18215 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:43 pm

No Ney Never wrote:You've got to the point where people are wondering if you are on a wind up or a complete balloon. :?:
Definitely a Balloon m8 :lol:

Anyone got a pin???.... :D

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3436 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Does someone from the club (still) read this forum, because there's definitely potential for a lawsuit due to some of the comments on here?
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat LeadBelly

duncandisorderly
Been Liked: 970 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by duncandisorderly » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:49 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Does someone from the club (still) read this forum, because there's definitely potential for a lawsuit due to some of the comments on here?

Not only that but the lawsuits would be fully deserved.
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 Bosscat