Not PPI...but delayed flight!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Not PPI...but delayed flight!

Post by IanMcL » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:42 pm

A long, long time ago, I received a letter from one of these compensarmtion chaser companies.

They suggested I had had a delayed flight, some years ago and may be entitled to some compensation.

I could not remember any detail except, in the dim and distant, I did experience a delay.

Signed the form and posted it back. They supplied the return envelope, or u would have chucked it!
Forgot all about it.

Got home today to a £668 cheque!!!!

Very happy!
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Caballo
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 431 times

Re: Not PPI...but delayed flight!

Post by Caballo » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:55 pm

You were so traumatised by the event that you couldn't recall it, yet it warranted compensation. Odd!

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 686 times
Has Liked: 3950 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Can't imagine where airlines may get the money back from?

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:58 pm

IanMcL wrote:A long, long time ago, I received a letter from one of these compensarmtion chaser companies.

They suggested I had had a delayed flight, some years ago and may be entitled to some compensation.

I could not remember any detail except, in the dim and distant, I did experience a delay.

Signed the form and posted it back. They supplied the return envelope, or u would have chucked it!
Forgot all about it.

Very happy!
Always chase it up m8 you can do it yourself.

We got €600 from KLM (sent baggage receipt copies and copies of tickets) for a 4 hr delay.

Got €600 each for 24 hour delay from Dubai...
No fees as I claimed to the Airlines direct (My Neice works for Virgin, so she told me what to do the 1st time, so did that for the Dubai one)

No need to use a compensation claim company so all your compo comes to you.

(Just make sure you request payment not vouchers unless you are planning to fly with that airline within 12 months)

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Just to pick up the points made.

I have experienced a delay, in recent times and personally applied for and received compensation. No 3rd party.

The one I quoted was before compensation for flights was right up front. I remember being offered a free cuppa etc, long after I had got myself a drink and something to eat, so not useful. Couldn't even say when it was. It was a crowded Gatwick airport.

Forgotten the happening, so the letter prompted the action, although I still had no detail, so could not fill in a form, myself.

Anyway, very welcome surprise.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:13 pm

Aye, and it's all bumping up the cost of flights for everybody else.
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

Clarinetclaret
Been Liked: 130 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Clarinetclaret » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:50 pm

dougcollins wrote:Aye, and it's all bumping up the cost of flights for everybody else.
Under EU Regulation 261/2004, passengers are entitled to up to €600 (£536) in compensation when their flight lands at their destination more than three hours late.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:56 pm

What company was this?

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:06 pm

Bosscat wrote:Always chase it up m8 you can do it yourself.

We got €600 from KLM (sent baggage receipt copies and copies of tickets) for a 4 hr delay.

Got €600 each for 24 hour delay from Dubai...
No fees as I claimed to the Airlines direct (My Neice works for Virgin, so she told me what to do the 1st time, so did that for the Dubai one)

No need to use a compensation claim company so all your compo comes to you.

(Just make sure you request payment not vouchers unless you are planning to fly with that airline within 12 months)
Did you chase up directly with the airlines?

I had a 5 hour delay feom Spain with the fabulous Ryanair. Claimed theough Martin Lewis website. Nothing.. Ryanair said it was bad weather, presumably in Manchester. Funny though same night Jet 2 flew in a d out to Manchester.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Clarinetclaret wrote:Under EU Regulation 261/2004, passengers are entitled to up to €600 (£536) in compensation when their flight lands at their destination more than three hours late.

And where does the compensation come from?

I know in the grand scheme of things it's fvck all, but we as customers always end up footing the bill.

Clarinetclaret
Been Liked: 130 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Clarinetclaret » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:01 pm

dougcollins wrote:And where does the compensation come from?

I know in the grand scheme of things it's fvck all, but we as customers always end up footing the bill.
From the airline as it rightly should if you miss any of your holiday. And you only get it if it's the airlines fault. Are you saying we shouldn't claim what is rightfully ours under EU law if the airline isn't organised enough? You dont get it for extreme weather or anything out of their control.
The prices of holidays go up year by year regardless of any fines they pay.
This user liked this post: tarkys_ears

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:35 pm

IanMcL wrote:A long, long time ago, I received a letter from one of these compensarmtion chaser companies.

Forgot all about it.

Very happy!
All my bloody flights that have been ****** have been with a non-EU airline or not departing from the EU!

Such is life!

bfcmatt
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 189 times

Post by bfcmatt » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:44 pm

Last year we used the resolver website (part of Martin Lewis) and got around 1600 euro back from Ryanair for the for of us. Again completely free to use no fees taken from you. Nearly paid for the holiday.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:52 pm

dougcollins wrote:Aye, and it's all bumping up the cost of flights for everybody else.
Cos flights are well expensive aye?

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:07 am

Stayingup wrote:Did you chase up directly with the airlines?

I had a 5 hour delay feom Spain with the fabulous Ryanair. Claimed theough Martin Lewis website. Nothing.. Ryanair said it was bad weather, presumably in Manchester. Funny though same night Jet 2 flew in a d out to Manchester.
Ryanair :lol: :lol: :lol: will try and get out of everything lil stick with it International air Law says they have to pay.

KLM and Virgon no problems