BREAKING NEWS: Drinkwater signs to fill the midfield gap

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Drinkwater signs to fill the midfield gap

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:10 pm

ICL wrote:How long is the Chelsea transfer embargo for? Could they sell him January?
they can sell whoever they want, the ban is only for incoming transfers

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:13 pm

What are our options for January if he’s been a success?

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:15 pm

Blyclaret wrote:I have never in my life met such a bunch of ******* whingers
We have just signed a £35 million pound midfielder for 6 months and still complaining
Get a ******* life
He was worth 35 million 2 years ago. So you would have been happy with us signing Andy Carroll because he was a 45 million pound signing?

And it isnt 6 months it is 5 months.

If you were a manager would you replace a loyal servant if he had a few bad games with a player that wasnt going to be there in a few months time? Risking alienating an important member of the squad. Somehow I dont think Dyche will do that. This stinks of desperation, personally if Chelsea threw these terms on the table late on i would have walked away and gone with what we had.

Not saying he isnt a good player because I think he is better than all our midfield players but just think we have him here as backup.
This user liked this post: BOYSIE31

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:17 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:If it works out and he enjoys himself with us would we have an option to buy in January?
The same chance as every other club. But at 100k a weeks with a fee of probably 15 million upwards he would be out of our league. The only hope is SD throws him on when we are winning and tells him to play shite. Therefore no other clubs being interested in January and his price plummeting. Then we sweep in and offer a couple of million ha ha
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Good player, and in those terms its an excellent signing who undoubtedly can improve the first eleven. Apart from being a good all-rounder, he's got the ability to hit raking passes to switch the play which we've missed since Dean Marney was getting one of those right every now and again, so he'll help us move the ball quicker. That'll help various players, most obviously Wood when he's playing on the shoulder, but also Lennon who might now get the ball delivered to him early when he can isolate a defender and utilise his pace.

It's a bit of a tricky one in another sense though, because he's obviously coming to start games and is unquestionably in direct competition with Cork and Westwood for one of 2 places, so you'd imagine one of those good servants - who we'll need beyond January - is going to have to make way (I can't see any of them playing ahead in a 3). That begs a question of how they react to that and where it leaves them - and us - if Drinkwater's deal isn't extended. That's the drawback of any loan deal for an established player coming for first team football, but it's a particular problem if he's only here till January. With a bit of luck, the truth of this is it is really a season long deal, but it's being expressed in this way to manage expectations about a break clause being exercised. But if not, we clearly need to have a few contingencies in play for January - if Hendrick doesn't sign a new deal we could also be in a position where we're thinking of cashing in with him in January too.

But we deal in the present, and on balance you'd have to say we'll spend the first half of this season with a stronger squad than the second half of last season. That's a decent window on those terms.
These 4 users liked this post: Cleveleys_claret Quicknick ICL THEWELLERNUT70

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Good addition and makes this transfer window ok and acceptable but nothing more.
This user liked this post: Enola Gay

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:20 pm

clarethomer wrote:What are our options for January if he’s been a success?
To sign him permanently, we'd presumably have to do a deal with him and Chelsea whereby we paid a substantial premium on the purchase price to enable Chelsea to pay off a chunk of his contract, in order that we could sign him within our wage structure. To extend the loan, we'd need Chelsea to agree it all.
This user liked this post: clarethomer

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Great signing, you know what....we've got a decent squad of players there.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2490 times
Has Liked: 761 times

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:21 pm

No matter what happens, we won’t be able to sign him permanently with the wages he’s on and 3 years left on his contract.

We don’t make it easy for ourselves do we. The club had better get planning soon to prep for his departure in January. Going to be difficult.

Until then though, we’ve got a talented player on our books who we need to get fit and into the side as soon as possible.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32241 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:23 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:Don't get this. we have young midfielders out on loan and in the U23's doing well and we sign a journeyman who hasn't played for 2 years.
Have I seriously just read that post?
These 5 users liked this post: Siddo Bosscat THEWELLERNUT70 tiger76 BertiesBeehole

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:24 pm

If fit and motivated phenomenal signing short term.

A 30m player. Still in his 20s. Played for England. And played in two consecutive title winning squads. Instrumental in one.

Wanted us to sign him in January when he was out of favour.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:24 pm

TV just said season long loan.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:26 pm

claretspice wrote:To sign him permanently, we'd presumably have to do a deal with him and Chelsea whereby we paid a substantial premium on the purchase price to enable Chelsea to pay off a chunk of his contract, in order that we could sign him within our wage structure. To extend the loan, we'd need Chelsea to agree it all.
You would think after a week with Dyche he as a manager would have a good idea of whether he will be a good fit. Would hope we would start negotiations immediately if so, to put ahead of the others come January. Make him feel loved and want to stay. I think he has another 3 years on his contract with would mean us paying an extra 9 million onto the transfer fee to make it look like we are paying him 50k a week. Allow Chelsea to pay off his contract from the additional 60k he would be owed from this. Taking this into account I think we would be looking at 20 million.

Also believe we should be tapping up Phillips this week to sign when out of contract like Taylor.

But guessing Garlick has his alarm set for 31st January on his phone with the message "transfer deadline day....need to rush a transfer through"

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:27 pm

With the length remaining on his contract at Chelsea, unless there’s serious interest in him in January, his Parent Club will probably extend his loan in January and look to sell him next Summer.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:32 pm

Six months makes sense.

He's hardly played in the Premier League for two years and we don't really know how he'll turn out. He's not a young player that needs experience or is here to make up the numbers, but someone who on past performances can walk into the first team and move it forward. Let's hope he can.

GodIsADeeJay81
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:32 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:He was worth 35 million 2 years ago. So you would have been happy with us signing Andy Carroll because he was a 45 million pound signing?

And it isnt 6 months it is 5 months.

If you were a manager would you replace a loyal servant if he had a few bad games with a player that wasnt going to be there in a few months time? Risking alienating an important member of the squad. Somehow I dont think Dyche will do that. This stinks of desperation, personally if Chelsea threw these terms on the table late on i would have walked away and gone with what we had.

Not saying he isnt a good player because I think he is better than all our midfield players but just think we have him here as backup.
You're comparing a player with someone who gets injured when they put their boots on?
Not even a sensible comparison really....

As for the rest of your post, why does it stink of desperation signing what pretty much the whole world can see we needed?
If we'd gone with what we had and then had some injuries you'd be on here moaning, let's be honest.

Thankfully the club doesn't do deals to keep people like you happy, they do what they see fit and thus far it's worked.
These 3 users liked this post: Steve-Harpers-perm BennyD FactualFrank

Paulclaret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by Paulclaret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:33 pm

It may be us that want the loan till January. He hasnt played in a while and will cost a lot of money. A case of having a good look before committing ourselves further.
This user liked this post: Stickers

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1036 times
Has Liked: 965 times

Post by MrTopTier » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Good signing if fit and on it. Two premier league winners now.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:36 pm

Excellent addition and a decent window in the end.

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:36 pm

Perhaps we are hoping Defour will be fit to play by January.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:36 pm

This is a great signing, even if it is a loan it’s not like the usual loans we make where they are young players whom we don’t know what they can do.

He’s an established premier league player and Dyche has worked with him before

Incidentally, who was the last “experienced” player we signed on loan?

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:38 pm

The Enclosure wrote:Perhaps we are hoping Defour will be fit to play by January.
Journalist has tweeted Chelsea expect him to spend the full season with us on loan.
These 2 users liked this post: ElectroClaret Vegas Claret

Billyblah
Been Liked: 165 times
Has Liked: 29 times

Post by Billyblah » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:39 pm

Journeyman maybe, and one heading toward the end of his career but in such circumstance, we haven't paid a chunky transfer fee that we won't get back (unlike Jay Rod) and as a key part of Leicester's Premiership winning season, we should have some quality.
Let's hope he can boss and control the midfield in a way that we haven't seen in the Premiership.
Far too often we have seen our defence working overtime with the ball continually coming back on us.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:41 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:You're comparing a player with someone who gets injured when they put their boots on?
Not even a sensible comparison really....

As for the rest of your post, why does it stink of desperation signing what pretty much the whole world can see we needed?
If we'd gone with what we had and then had some injuries you'd be on here moaning, let's be honest.

Thankfully the club doesn't do deals to keep people like you happy, they do what they see fit and thus far it's worked.
Look at the impact of Harts signing did last year regards squad harmony. We have never had so many disgruntled reports coming out of the club. And now you think a player that is only here to put himself in the shop window for 5 months will go down well.

He is a fantastic player I am not disputing that I just think Chelsea have smelt our desperation and used it to their advantage. I also think he is better than our other midfielders. It is just the effect it will have on squad harmony.

Fingers crossed though we have 21 games until he leaves. We could be safe by then and it will have been worth it
Last edited by Cleveleys_claret on Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:41 pm

I reckon it’s a great signing and I don’t expect to end up eating humble pie.
This user liked this post: summitclaret

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:42 pm

I've got to say I'm relatively content with our dealings this window to be fair

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:44 pm

The Enclosure wrote:Perhaps we are hoping Defour will be fit to play by January.
Bants. You don’t think the 6 months was our request do you?

karatekid
Been Liked: 1103 times
Has Liked: 316 times

Post by karatekid » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:45 pm

I read that the majority of season long loans have a january clause in them . It is normal.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:46 pm

It’s not a season long loan. It’s a loan to Jan.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2154 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:51 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:You would think after a week with Dyche he as a manager would have a good idea of whether he will be a good fit. Would hope we would start negotiations immediately if so, to put ahead of the others come January. Make him feel loved and want to stay. I think he has another 3 years on his contract with would mean us paying an extra 9 million onto the transfer fee to make it look like we are paying him 50k a week. Allow Chelsea to pay off his contract from the additional 60k he would be owed from this. Taking this into account I think we would be looking at 20 million.

Also believe we should be tapping up Phillips this week to sign when out of contract like Taylor.

But guessing Garlick has his alarm set for 31st January on his phone with the message "transfer deadline day....need to rush a transfer through"

You have come across as the most negative fan on the board today, the loan will be agreed in principle for the season but I'm pretty sure if I remember rightly there's a reason/rule they have to re-sign in Jan thats out of the clubs hands.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:52 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Look at the impact of Harts signing did last year regards squad harmony. We have never had so many disgruntled reports coming out of the club. And now you think a player that is only here to put himself in the shop window for 5 months will go down well.

He is a fantastic player I am not disputing that I just think Chelsea have smelt our desperation and used it to their advantage. I also think he is better than our other midfielders. It is just the effect it will have on squad harmony.

Fingers crossed though we have 21 games until he leaves. We could be safe by then and it will have been worth it
We didn't have many, if any, disgruntled reports coming out of the club though about Hart and the other players, just lots of in the know comments mainly.
Plus, he's still here and could potentially be our main GK if Pope has an injury.
In fact during Dyche's tenure we've never had reports of an unhappy dressing room, again it's always people claiming to be in the know or what they're perceiving to see on the pitch.

If he does a good enough job for us in the next 5 months that he does earn a move elsewhere then great, because the club will hopefully be in a decent league position by then.
This user liked this post: jackmiggins

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2154 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:52 pm

karatekid wrote:I read that the majority of season long loans have a january clause in them . It is normal.
The over reaction from some has been amazing even by our standards, Im sure Ive heard the same

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:54 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:You have come across as the most negative fan on the board today, the loan will be agreed in principle for the season but I'm pretty sure if I remember rightly there's a reason/rule they have to re-sign in Jan thats out of the clubs hands.
No such rule.

karatekid
Been Liked: 1103 times
Has Liked: 316 times

Post by karatekid » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:55 pm

Sam Wallace on Twitter:

As is standard in these deals there is a January break clause on Drinkwater loan to Burnley but, as things stand, Chelsea anticipate him spending the season at Turf Moor. He needs game time to create a market for a permanent sale.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:55 pm

A good addition under the circumstances. Heading into the season with three central midfielders would have been hazardous and Drinkwater is a quality option as a short term sticking plaster.

The five month duration of the loan will allows us to try again, after failing to bring in a permanent midfield addition in this window, provide Defour with all the recovery time he needs or we could push for an extension.

If we are on the hook for his full wages of 100K it would equate to a considerable sum over the course of a full season.

Defour is scheduled to make his return at some point in the future. If we are thinking about having another go at bringing in a midfielder, during the next window, achieving that goal would mean another wage. Having six central midfielders on the payroll for the second half of the season wouldn't make much sense.

Drinkwater is a very welcome emergency fix, but I can't believe that we sat down 8 months ago and decided that what we needed in this window was a player on a five month loan. Adding him to the squad will benefit everyone over the short term, but it has only happened because our recruitment failed to satisfy our need for a permanent addition.
This user liked this post: Enola Gay

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:58 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:You have come across as the most negative fan on the board today, the loan will be agreed in principle for the season but I'm pretty sure if I remember rightly there's a reason/rule they have to re-sign in Jan thats out of the clubs hands.
Also what is negative about saying we should be using this 5 months to try to tie him down and sign him permanently?

I am not a fan of loans between teams in the same league. That is just my view. Too many clubs with all the money can hoard players and limit the market available to other clubs.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:01 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:A good addition under the circumstances. Heading into the season with three central midfielders would have been hazardous and Drinkwater is a quality option as a short term sticking plaster.

The five month duration of the loan will allows us to try again, after failing to bring in a permanent midfield addition in this window, provide Defour with all the recovery time he needs or we could push for an extension.

If we are on the hook for his full wages of 100K it would equate to a considerable sum over the course of a full season.

Defour is scheduled to make his return at some point in the future. If we are thinking about having another go at bringing in a midfielder, during the next window, achieving that goal would mean another wage. Having six central midfielders on the payroll for the second half of the season wouldn't make much sense.

Drinkwater is a very welcome emergency fix, but I can't believe that we sat down 8 months ago and decided that what we needed in this window was a player on a five month loan. Adding him to the squad will benefit everyone over the short term, but it has only happened because our recruitment failed to satisfy our need for a permanent addition.
How dare you insinuate that our recruitment team havent spent the last 12 months identifying DD as our number 1 target for a 5 month period. Scandalous suggestion!!!!

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4045 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:01 pm

He'll be here for the season.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:05 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Also what is negative about saying we should be using this 5 months to try to tie him down and sign him permanently?

I am not a fan of loans between teams in the same league. That is just my view. Too many clubs with all the money can hoard players and limit the market available to other clubs.
That's why Fifa have been making changes to the number of players a club can send out on loan etc , they don't like clubs hoarding players either.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:05 pm

karatekid wrote:Sam Wallace on Twitter:

As is standard in these deals there is a January break clause on Drinkwater loan to Burnley but, as things stand, Chelsea anticipate him spending the season at Turf Moor. He needs game time to create a market for a permanent sale.
Only when dealing with Chelsea.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier ... 1&intern=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has all the loans listed and got halfway down and every other loan ended in May. So not really standard

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:06 pm

It's an absolutely phenomenal signing for us, credit where it's due !

EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 498 times

Post by EarbyClaret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:06 pm

Some strange comments on this thread

Could we afford to sign him outright - no
Would he have wanted to come even if we had - unlikely
Is he the highest quality midfielder we've been seriously linked with in this window - yes
Is the team/squad stronger with his addition - undoubtedly
have we missed out on any of our realistic CM targets - no. We can't compete with Palace on wages and as far as I'm aware everyone else we were seriously linked with stayed put aside from Mooy - who I doubt many would rate more highly than Drinkwater

I'm not sure what people expect the club to do. The deal on offer was obviously until January - do we accept that and have a £30M plus PL winning midfielder for five months or say to Chelsea it's a season long or not at all?

He's done a pre-season with Chelsea which has included a surprising amount of 'minutes' for a player supposedly told he was surplus to requirements. No concerns about his fitness or motivation.

He won't start immediately but it won't be long. Cork's place is most under threat. For whatever reason his levels dropped last season particularly pre-Christmas. A lot of that had to do with his cumulative workload and I think he'll benefit from someone else sharing the responsibility. What's more we could play a genuine central three in a 4-5-1 and still have a CM on the bench.

Struggling to see what's not to like about this and the window as a whole - would have preferred not to lose Tom but something had to give in the goalkeeping department - that aside stronger in all three of the other units.
These 6 users liked this post: nil_desperandum jackmiggins THEWELLERNUT70 summitclaret tiger76 Woonderbah

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:07 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:That's why Fifa have been making changes to the number of players a club can send out on loan etc , they don't like clubs hoarding players either.
Would be fantastic if it happens but considering it has been delayed twice, each time putting it back 12 months I doubt this will ever happen

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:11 pm

I doubt anyone on here knows what went on behind the scenes or what proportion of his wages we have to pay, but I think it's absolutely certain that we couldn't possibly afford to sign him on a permanent basis on the wage he's currently on, so the only option was a loan deal with Chelsea funding part of his wages.
This puts the ball firmly in Chelsea's court, (and to a certain extent Drinkwater's).
It's quite possible that this is the best possible deal that either Chelsea or Drinkwater's agent were prepared to agree to, and given that it was just hours before the window closed it's not as though we could turn it down and turn our attention to another target.
It keeps all options open for Chelsea, (who don't forget are under a transfer embargo), so whilst its unlikely, they might need him back in January.
It's quite possible that they've agreed to pay a larger proportion of his wages until January, and that they will want us to pay a greater proportion if we want to keep him beyond January. I don't think our negotiating position will have been all that strong.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:16 pm

ksrclaret wrote:We don’t make it easy for ourselves do we. The club had better get planning soon to prep for his departure in January.
Hmmm. A loan deal until January is decent-ish.
Last edited by FactualFrank on Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:16 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:I doubt anyone on here knows what went on behind the scenes or what proportion of his wages we have to pay, but I think it's absolutely certain that we couldn't possibly afford to sign him on a permanent basis on the wage he's currently on, so the only option was a loan deal with Chelsea funding part of his wages.
This puts the ball firmly in Chelsea's court, (and to a certain extent Drinkwater's).
It's quite possible that this is the best possible deal that either Chelsea or Drinkwater's agent were prepared to agree to, and given that it was just hours before the window closed it's not as though we could turn it down and turn our attention to another target.
It keeps all options open for Chelsea, (who don't forget are under a transfer embargo), so whilst its unlikely, they might need him back in January.
It's quite possible that they've agreed to pay a larger proportion of his wages until January, and that they will want us to pay a greater proportion if we want to keep him beyond January. I don't think our negotiating position will have been all that strong.
Chelsea never loan out a player without a fee attached. It is a business model they have. Buy players and loan them out. Obviously this wasnt the intention with DD but there is absolutely no way that they have loaned out a player without a hefty loan fee being attached to the move

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:16 pm

"He was worth 35 million 2 years ago. So you would have been happy with us signing Andy Carroll because he was a 45 million pound signing?"

Yes, yes I would if Carroll was signed say 6 years ago because that's where the comparison becomes relevant

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:17 pm

FactualFrank wrote:He won't be leaving in January, he's signed a loan deal until next summer.
No he hasnt....no Chelsea loans are beyond January.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:18 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:No he hasnt....no Chelsea loans are beyond January.
Aye... was told a season long loan, but now read the article. Shame.

Cleveleys_claret

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:21 pm

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:"He was worth 35 million 2 years ago. So you would have been happy with us signing Andy Carroll because he was a 45 million pound signing?"

Yes, yes I would if Carroll was signed say 6 years ago because that's where the comparison becomes relevant
My point was more just because a player has been transferred for a large sum of money doesnt mean he will be a success. Think my point may of got lost