Managers pictures on Turnstiles.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
beddie
Been Liked: 1383 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Managers pictures on Turnstiles.

Post by beddie » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:18 am

Thought it's a nice touch on the inside of the turnstiles the full length pictures. We go in 27/28 JHL. Messrs, Ternent,
Cotterill, Coyle and Sean. Just wondered if they've put pictures if all the previous Managers around the ground and how far they've gone back, what did you see as you entered.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Re: Managers pictures on Turnstiles.

Post by MACCA » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:33 am

Nothing like that in the CFS, although we've got the old ticket office marquee in there, which nicely collected all the vape and fag smoke, so was like I was on stars in your eyes as I passed through it.

Oh and a new Squeegy propping up the outside wall :lol: ;)

OssyClaret
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by OssyClaret » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:27 pm

beddie wrote:what did you see as you entered.
Thankfully not Coyle

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:29 pm

beddie wrote:Thought it's a nice touch on the inside of the turnstiles the full length pictures. We go in 27/28 JHL. Messrs, Ternent,
Cotterill, Coyle and Sean. Just wondered if they've put pictures if all the previous Managers around the ground and how far they've gone back, what did you see as you entered.
They've been there since part way through last season and are part of the educational tours for kids. They are not in all parts of the ground.

claretnproud
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by claretnproud » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:02 pm

OssyClaret wrote:Thankfully not Coyle
had my best ever day as a claret at Wembley under Coyle. When he left for Bolton we were above Bolton in the league. I dont get the hatred. Lifes too short for that.
These 3 users liked this post: box_of_frogs Quickenthetempo turfytopper

Longsidelenny
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Longsidelenny » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Hear hear claretproud well said utc

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:45 pm

claretnproud wrote:had my best ever day as a claret at Wembley under Coyle. When he left for Bolton we were above Bolton in the league. I dont get the hatred. Lifes too short for that.
If you don’t get it, you don’t know what happened regarding his lies & deceit. Nothing to do with who was above who in the league.
These 4 users liked this post: jtv AotearoaClaret Foshiznik Blackrod

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:52 pm

ClaretTony wrote:If you don’t get it, you don’t know what happened regarding his lies & deceit. Nothing to do with who was above who in the league.
Get over it. He’s a massive part in where we are today.
These 3 users liked this post: Barry_Chuckle box_of_frogs Guller Bull

steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Post by steve1264b » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:16 pm

No he isnt. He cannot take any credit for where we are today.

Different team won second promotion completely and if he had stayed we might have been in the prem all this time, won an fa cup etc etc.

Im sure Sean doesnt credit coyle with his success.
These 2 users liked this post: Stalbansclaret AotearoaClaret

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:20 pm

It would be weird Dyche crediting Coyle with his success but like it or not Coyle played a part in where we are today.

OssyClaret
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by OssyClaret » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:31 pm

claretnproud wrote:had my best ever day as a claret at Wembley under Coyle. When he left for Bolton we were above Bolton in the league. I dont get the hatred. Lifes too short for that.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to start another debate over Coyle.

His face is just not one I’d wish to see as I enter anything
This user liked this post: Foshiznik

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:36 pm

OssyClaret wrote:Sorry, I didn’t mean to start another debate over Coyle.

His face is just not one I’d wish to see as I enter anything
https://images.app.goo.gl/xPzGYNsZU9CHGd7y9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Get over it. He’s a massive part in where we are today.
If you want to believe that then you believe it but don’t start telling me to get over it. I don’t like liars and bullshitters.
These 9 users liked this post: Bosscat jtv elwaclaret Houseclaret AotearoaClaret Foshiznik Burnley1989 Blackrod simonclaret

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:53 pm

Owen Coyle is a part of our history just as John Bond is a part of our history... of that there is no doubt....

Yes he took us into the Prem but .... he also decided to dump on us at the worst possible time for (his words) a team that was 10 years ahead of us.

That 10 year ahead team is currently 2 leagues below us.

Long may 'Ol horse teeth rot in the cess pitt he currently resides in
This user liked this post: Foshiznik

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:55 pm

ClaretTony wrote:If you want to believe that then you believe it but don’t start telling me to get over it. I don’t like liars and bullshitters.
Not saying he wasn’t any of those things you’ve called him but without him we might not be where we are now.

Move on. We’re in the good times.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:20 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Not saying he wasn’t any of those things you’ve called him but without him we might not be where we are now.

Move on. We’re in the good times.
They are good times and down to Dyche.
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 364 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:22 pm

MACCA wrote:Nothing like that in the CFS, although we've got the old ticket office marquee in there, which nicely collected all the vape and fag smoke, so was like I was on stars in your eyes as I passed through it.

Oh and a new Squeegy propping up the outside wall :lol: ;)
New tent to keep the rain was very welcomed yesterday...still got pan collecting the rain water on the food counter outside :mrgreen:

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:23 pm

It’s right that he should be remembered for all he achieved with us.

Fretters
Been Liked: 1034 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by Fretters » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Am I right in thinking Coyle's picture is by the early leaving turnstile? Genius if so.
These 8 users liked this post: Bosscat bfcmik jtv ClaretTony Houseclaret longsidepies Burnley1989 Blackrod

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:It’s right that he should be remembered for all he achieved with us.
So how about remembering how he left us too ....

I agree nobody can fail to forget the euphoria we all had at Wembley, nor the Man Utd home game 1st match at Turf Moor in the Prem... I totally agree .... but hell I will never ever forget how he stitched us right up ...

Mind you he did that to the St Johnstone fans as well when he joined us so we should'nt have been surprised.
These 3 users liked this post: ClaretTony Foshiznik Blackrod

padihamclaret
Been Liked: 41 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by padihamclaret » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:01 pm

I'm not bitter about Coyle leaving anymore, the damage he did to us has been reversed thanks to the genius that is Sean Dyche. However I will always dislike him for the way he completly screwed us over for his own gain. He and Bolton got what they deserved in the end.
It is a divicive issue though on how to celebrate his time with us, personally I think the players of that team should be and he shouldn't
These 4 users liked this post: Bosscat jtv elwaclaret COBBLE

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:10 pm

In all these years Ive never really understood exactly what Coyle said/did or didnt say/do. Ive seen a lot of accusations on here but the trouble is that the people involved are so biased and entrenched in their view its hard to know what to believe.

Are there any articles with quotes and factual evidence around exactly what went on rather than just a messageboard editor with an axe to grinds take on things?

It wont change my opinion as it was done and dusted years ago but Im genuinely interested to see what exactly went on and how bad Coyles behaviour was as so much as been said and repeated over the years things are now just accepted as fact.

If anyone can help with some links (not interested in peoples opinion) that detail things then I would be most grateful
This user liked this post: Bfcboyo

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:37 pm

padihamclaret wrote:I'm not bitter about Coyle leaving anymore, the damage he did to us has been reversed thanks to the genius that is Sean Dyche. However I will always dislike him for the way he completly screwed us over for his own gain. He and Bolton got what they deserved in the end.
It is a divicive issue though on how to celebrate his time with us, personally I think the players of that team should be and he shouldn't
I think they are remembered fondly on the whole PC m8

gtclaret
Been Liked: 338 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by gtclaret » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:15 pm

There has been a lot said about Coyles input in the current success. So let's get this straight. When SD took over, the money from the year in the prem had gone, but he inherited players such as Austin, Ings, Shackell Mee and Trippier, who were acquired with the money from the Prem. Without that year I think SD would have taken charge of a league 1 outfit. So that prem year played a big part, so OC deserves credit for that
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:12 pm

From the depth of dispare in '87, every manager has benefited from the tenure of the one before. In their own way, each has contributed to laying the foundations for today's success. Coyle made good use of what he was left, but no one has made more from what they inherited than Dyche.
One thing that separates Coyle from a number of these individuals, is the way they conducted themselves in their departure.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat elwaclaret

turfytopper
Been Liked: 408 times
Has Liked: 3421 times

Post by turfytopper » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:16 pm

ClaretTony wrote:If you don’t get it, you don’t know what happened regarding his lies & deceit. Nothing to do with who was above who in the league.
:o you mean he didn't have to leave straight after our game in Milton Keynes to visit his sick mother in Scotland?
The distrust he caused meant that managers that came later struggled to gain anything like the relationship and support he had with the supporters...the last 7 years has put that right.

Gotta say, however bad I felt about him in 2011...12..13...14.. I'm now prepared to forgive and forget.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

HunterST_BFC
Been Liked: 1402 times
Has Liked: 2687 times

Post by HunterST_BFC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:20 pm

beddie wrote:Thought it's a nice touch on the inside of the turnstiles the full length pictures. We go in 27/28 JHL. Messrs, Ternent,
Brian Laws is behind the door :lol:
Attachments
bosses.jpg
bosses.jpg (124.84 KiB) Viewed 5087 times
This user liked this post: beddie

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Are there any articles with quotes and factual evidence around
Factual evidence:
1. he took all backroom staff with him, even the staff he inherited rather than brought over himself
2. he had lined up 3 players to come on loan to Burnley, who then suddenly found themselves playing for Bolton

For me that's enough factual evidence to label him a snake. I am sure that others can provide more factual evidence to confirm the label. I will not go into the debate of whether he has some credit for today's success - as someone said all managers since 1987 have laid a stone or two on the way, you might say that even managers before that!
These 4 users liked this post: Bosscat AotearoaClaret Foshiznik COBBLE

turfytopper

Post by turfytopper » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:31 pm

We loved him so much .....

So we hated him so much.

I stood there at Milton Keynes chanting his name.
We were told he had left the ground immediately to
visit his mother in Scotland.
He lied.

He deserves credit...
But lost our respect
This user liked this post: AotearoaClaret

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:38 pm

turfytopper wrote:I stood there at Milton Keynes chanting his name.
He lied.
Who told you. Not questioning its validity just interested to get to the true source of it all?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:44 pm

jtv wrote:Factual evidence:2. he had lined up 3 players to come on loan to Burnley, who then suddenly found themselves playing for Bolton
This rings bells but remind me who the three players were and how advanced were the talks and how do we know this (not just rumour/hearsay).

I mean if it were 3 players Coyle was interested in why wouldnt he continue his interest at Bolton. If the talks were advanced and the conversations were more between the club and the players and Coyle used his knowledge to gazump us thats not good but if it was more Coyle attracting the players then I dont see the issue.

jtv

Post by jtv » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:49 pm

One of the players, the american (Holden I think was his name) was on the bench at the MK game. So talks must have been pretty advanced in his case.

Re your question to Turfy: Who told you. Not questioning its validity just interested to get to the true source of it all? if I remember correctly his assistant, who gave the after match press conference, told the press this while apologising for Coyle's absence

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Who told you. Not questioning its validity just interested to get to the true source of it all?

I'm sure you are quite familiar with the internet, so if you're that interested go and find his bullsh1t.

It's ridiculously easy to find.
This user liked this post: jtv

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:51 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:I'm sure you are quite familiar with the internet, so if you're that interested go and find his bullsh1t.

It's ridiculously easy to find.
Ive googled the MK dons match and read some match reports and cant find the quote anywhere

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:56 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Ive googled the MK dons match and read some match reports and cant find the quote anywhere
Burnley Express January 4th 2010....

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... 5553256871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He only said on Thursday at the traditional pre-match press conference, when asked about speculation linking him with Bolton: "I think everyone knows the job we are doing here and we are trying to continue that.

"I love being at this football club and have shown that. I feel very privileged to be manager of a wonderful football club here. I've always said I enjoy being at the football club, I enjoy my work and coming through the door every morning. I think the players enjoy working for me, the fans like coming and we are trying to build something at the football club."

On Friday, bookmakers suspended betting on Coyle being named the new Bolton boss, and on Saturday, he ducked the post-match press conference after the 2-1 FA Cup third round win at Milton Keynes, leaving assistant Sandy Stewart to awkwardly answer questions over Coyle's future.

But after Bolton chairman Phil Gartside travelled to Glasgow to meet Coyle on Sunday, he tempted the Clarets boss to jump ship.

And people say it wasn't planned :lol: :lol: :lol:

B*****ks

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:57 pm

jtv wrote:One of the players, the american (Holden I think was his name) was on the bench at the MK game. So talks must have been pretty advanced in his case.

Re your question to Turfy: Who told you. Not questioning its validity just interested to get to the true source of it all? if I remember correctly his assistant, who gave the after match press conference, told the press this while apologising for Coyle's absence
What if Laws came in and didnt want the players Coyle was interested in. Again Im trying piece it together with proper reports and qoutes not just peoples interpretation.

On your other point regarding the assistants comments. Did he come out and offer that info or did someone ask him a question on Coyles whereabouts? In the press reports they was already speculation about Coyle to Bolton so if asked where is Coyle they could hardly be truthful about him considering going to Bolton

No player or manager who is considering leaving or moving will admit it until the deal is done as it would be a disaster if it didnt happen.

Anyhow Im after facts for now and appreciate some of the bits you have provided and if you can add to it I would be grateful

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:59 pm

turfytopper wrote:We loved him so much .....

So we hated him so much.

I stood there at Milton Keynes chanting his name.
He lied.

He deserves credit...
But lost our respect
Apparently still at the ground when Stewart told the press he’d gone to the airport.

EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 498 times

Post by EarbyClaret » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:01 pm

I'm sure someone ITK can confirm the details but the three players Coyle wanted to bring to TM on loan were Holden, Wilshire and Weiss. According to Coyle's account of events the board refused to sanction the deals. If I remember correctly all three signed for Bolton once he was manager.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:03 pm

Bosscat wrote:Burnley Express January 4th 2010....

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... 5553256871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He only said on Thursday at the traditional pre-match press conference, when asked about speculation linking him with Bolton: "I think everyone knows the job we are doing here and we are trying to continue that.

"I love being at this football club and have shown that. I feel very privileged to be manager of a wonderful football club here. I've always said I enjoy being at the football club, I enjoy my work and coming through the door every morning. I think the players enjoy working for me, the fans like coming and we are trying to build something at the football club."

On Friday, bookmakers suspended betting on Coyle being named the new Bolton boss, and on Saturday, he ducked the post-match press conference after the 2-1 FA Cup third round win at Milton Keynes, leaving assistant Sandy Stewart to awkwardly answer questions over Coyle's future.

But after Bolton chairman Phil Gartside travelled to Glasgow to meet Coyle on Sunday, he tempted the Clarets boss to jump ship.

And people say it wasn't planned :lol: :lol: :lol:

B*****ks
Thanks Bosscat this is exactly the kind of stuff im after especially Coyles quotes from the pre-match press conference

Whilst he might not have needed to be so positive what was he meant to say. A manager or player cant and would never in this circumstance come out and say Im at this club but actually I want to leave and im trying to negotiate a move. That would be totally unprofessional. Its part and parcel of the game that players and managers will stick to the current club positive line until it is out properly in the public domain

Thanks for the info though as said the kind of thing I was after
This user liked this post: Bosscat

jtv

Post by jtv » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:04 pm

EarbyClaret wrote:According to Coyle's account of events the board refused to sanction the deals.
If so, how come Holden was at MK for the match?

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:05 pm

As for Coyle....

Move on

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:06 pm

EarbyClaret wrote:I'm sure someone ITK can confirm the details but the three players Coyle wanted to bring to TM on loan were Holden, Wilshire and Weiss. According to Coyle's account of events the board refused to sanction the deals. If I remember correctly all three signed for Bolton once he was manager.
Cheers and this shows the problem with different versions of the truth. If Burnley were reluctant to let Coyle sign the players or the players were mainly interested due to playing for Coyle then it seems logical Coyle would continue his interest and those players would follow Coyle to Bolton

EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 498 times

Post by EarbyClaret » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:06 pm

jtv wrote:If so, how come Holden was at MK for the match?
I have no idea - but he never signed for us.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:09 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:As for Coyle....

Move on
Feel free to ignore the thread if youre not interested. But I am and im keen to really try and explore it properly rather than just people regurgitating what now are often akin to old wives tales

beddie
Been Liked: 1383 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:12 pm

I'd heard Coyle's own reasons for leaving but would like to hear Barry Kilby's version of events. I'm glad we've moved on though and feel lucky to have Sean Dyche at the helm.
This user liked this post: turfytopper

turfytopper

Post by turfytopper » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Who told you. Not questioning its validity just interested to get to the true source of it all?
Sandy said live on the radio. He didn't speak to the press after the FA cup win at MK Don's...he sent his no 2 to lie to all those supporters who addulated the man.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:34 pm

turfytopper wrote:Sandy said live on the radio. He didn't speak to the press after the FA cup win at MK Don's...he sent his no 2 to lie to all those supporters who addulated the man.
What was he meant to say. Im guessing one of the reasons he didnt do the press conference is that he was not in a position to tryuthfully answer the questions that the media would ask him as it was still officially speculation

This is absolutely standard in football and if this is the big thing he lied about along with his pre-match press conference comments that it seems a mountain out of a molehill in the context of football.

If it was a radio interview I guess it will be hard to get a transcript cos again id be interested to know how the conversation went. If the interviewer asked Sandy about the Bolton situation he could hardly say oh yes Coyle wants to leave and he's off up to Scotland to meet the Bolton chairman

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:37 pm

In terms of signings around the time of Coyles departure, Frederic Nimani. What happened with that one?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:06 pm

EarbyClaret wrote:I'm sure someone ITK can confirm the details but the three players Coyle wanted to bring to TM on loan were Holden, Wilshire and Weiss. According to Coyle's account of events the board refused to sanction the deals. If I remember correctly all three signed for Bolton once he was manager.
The problem of believing anything he ever said.

He was once asked in a press conference if we were signing a player we’d been linked with but he confirmed he’d never heard of him. We signed said player that day.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:07 pm

NL Claret wrote:In terms of signings around the time of Coyles departure, Frederic Nimani. What happened with that one?
Agreed while Coyle was here but apparently that was a Flood signing.