Venky's support for t'Roverrrs ...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Re: Venky's support for t'Roverrrs ...

Post by dsr » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:37 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:The 2nd time under Dyche we were deserved champions.

If you're telling me that at the beginning of the season when Dyche first got us up that you expected promotion then I'll state here and now that you're on drugs.

We got a fair amount of luck and everything clicked during our first promotion under Dyche.
On drugs? Why not just say you don't agree - you don't have to try and claim that there's something wrong with someone just because you disagree.

The problem here is that you are defining "luck" differently. Most of us say that someone is lucky because they get something they didn't deserve, not because they get something they didn't expect.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:38 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Ok, I'll give in, we didn't get any luck at all, ever....:roll:
Where was the luck? What did the team get that they didn't deserve?

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:52 pm

dsr wrote:Where was the luck? What did the team get that they didn't deserve?
I'm not going to argue, I can't be arsed.

It's generally accepted teams that do well get a certain amount of luck, but it would appear it's not accepted on here and I'm happy enough to roll with it.

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:51 pm

No luck involved - recruited well.
No luck involved - Dyche had 'em set up and playing well. Great team mentality. Relentless and all that.
Very lucky - little in the way of injuries meant we could field our best side for most of the season.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:09 pm

No Ney Never wrote:No luck involved - recruited well.
No luck involved - Dyche had 'em set up and playing well. Great team mentality. Relentless and all that.
Very lucky - little in the way of injuries meant we could field our best side for most of the season.
You can't deny we had some luck. Dyche himself would admit that!

We had an incredible partnership between Vokes and Ings who prior to that season had done nothing indvidually. We ended the season with both injured but still managed to get over the line as other players stepped up with key goals at key times.

Of course the bulk of the success was down to the 'framework' Dyche built and the ability of other players to fit into that. But we definitely had elements of luck. Whether that was playing teams at the right time. Players coming good. Other teams spectacularly underachieving (i.e QPR although they went up they should have walked the league).