ARTICLE: Clarets beat Whites on the day season tickets go on sale

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32545 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

ARTICLE: Clarets beat Whites on the day season tickets go on sale

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:23 am

Sixty years ago we were just one week away from the start of a momentous season and on this day in 1959 we played a practice match on the Turf.

This is the first of a series of articles that I'll be reproducing during the season as we chart the 1959/60 season all the way to Maine Road in May.

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/clarets-bea ... go-on-sale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Re: ARTICLE: Clarets beat Whites on the day season tickets go on sale

Post by tim_noone » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:49 am

ClaretTony wrote:Sixty years ago we were just one week away from the start of a momentous season and on this day in 1959 we played a practice match on the Turf.

This is the first of a series of articles that I'll be reproducing during the season as we chart the 1959/60 season all the way to Maine Road in May.

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/clarets-bea ... go-on-sale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Slightly off topic....my first time queuing for a ticket at the Turf was against Everton for the FA Cup tie 67/68 right up belvedere road ...it all seemed pretty exciting...they wouldn't queue like that today!! And still some moan. :roll:

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:53 am

tim_noone wrote:Slightly off topic....my first time queuing for a ticket at the Turf was against Everton for the FA Cup tie 67/68 right up belvedere road ...it all seemed pretty exciting...they wouldn't queue like that today!! And still some moan. :roll:
I remember being in a queue with my dad back in the 1950s. We joined the queue by the sweet shop that used to be next to the ground but then had to go up Brunshaw Road, along the Ridge, onto Belvedere Road and then down to the turnstiles down by the cricket ground. We didn't have many online or telephone sales then. :D

Different world.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Mondsley
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Mondsley » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:06 pm

I remember as a young lad in the early Sixties jumping on the bus from Littleborough to buy our season tickets from a newsagents in Todmorden. They were in a small booklet around the size of a book of stamps. Different times indeed!

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:10 pm

Mondsley wrote:I remember as a young lad in the early Sixties jumping on the bus from Littleborough to buy our season tickets from a newsagents in Todmorden. They were in a small booklet around the size of a book of stamps. Different times indeed!
They had a number of agents for season tickets in the 1960s around the area so you could buy them locally to where you lived.