ARTICLE: Defour and Drinkwater latest news

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32246 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

ARTICLE: Defour and Drinkwater latest news

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:42 pm

One not Dyche fit, the other slowly coming back - plus other injury news

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/defour-and- ... atest-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Re: ARTICLE: Defour and Drinkwater latest news

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Sounds like no DD on the bench this weekend then.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:47 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Sounds like no DD on the bench this weekend then.
I think that's exactly what he's saying - probably play in u23s next week

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Can we have a sweep on when Defour next plays for the first team? You would only need four tickets:

This year
Next year
Sometime
Never.

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1754 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:54 pm

dsr wrote:Can we have a sweep on when Defour next plays for the first team? You would only need four tickets:

This year
Next year
Sometime
Never.
I would say that we will have another couple of Brady absences, the first following a paper cut caused whilst thumbing through a medical dictionary and the second an abductor strain following incorrect manual handling of his wallet before we see D4 in a Burnley shirt again......

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Herts Clarets wrote:I would say that we will have another couple of Brady absences, the first following a paper cut caused whilst thumbing through a medical dictionary and the second an abductor strain following incorrect manual handling of his wallet before we see D4 in a Burnley shirt again......
I take it you've never suffered this kind of rib injury

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4046 times
Has Liked: 1847 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:59 pm

dsr wrote:Can we have a sweep on when Defour next plays for the first team? You would only need four tickets:

This year
Next year
Sometime
Never.
You do know the sun turns into a red giant in around four billion years, don't you?

So its either that and the subsequent end of the world, or Defour not being injured.

Hmmmm.....tricky.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:04 pm

Harsh on Brady. Broken ribs are excruciating and there is nothing you can do other than take painkillers and wait for them to heal.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:09 pm

Apparently they do not have a timescale for Defours return. As a result I am thinking of entering the famous dsr sweep. I'm hoping to pull "never" out of the hat as it seems the most likely conclusion.

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I take it you've never suffered this kind of rib injury
You only said yesterday how you thought it would be best for everyone if Defour was moved on (along those lines). Yet his last game was end of Sept last year and Brady's was october...about 3 weeks difference. Should Brady be moved on also?

Defour has been here just 5 months longer than Brady

Defour Prem appearances 46 (5)
Brady Prem appearances 28 (17)

So in 5 months longer Defour has still made 18 more starts than Brady.

Everyone goes on about Defour being a crock but Brady is just as bad if not worse. Plus he was about 6 million more.

Not aimed at just you, it seems there is suddenly a Defour out movement when he has been unlucky with injury whilst other players like Brady are just as bad. Unless there is more to it with Defour which would not surprise me but I hope not

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:You.only said yesterday how you thought it would be best for everyone if Defour was moved on (along those lines). Yet his last game was end of Sept last year and Brady's was october...about 3 weeks difference.
Brady started the last away game of last season at Everton and then came on as a sub a week later. He was fit quite a bit of the second half of the season but couldn't get into the team because of the form of McNeil. Not sure where you got October being his last game. Brady has also come on as a sub seven times in the league in 2019 to add to that start. He's also played four internationals for Ireland in 2019.

The rib injury is unfortunate but again he'd probably be on the bench because of McNeil.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2561 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:You only said yesterday how you thought it would be best for everyone if Defour was moved on (along those lines). Yet his last game was end of Sept last year and Brady's was october...about 3 weeks difference. Should Brady be moved on also?

Everyone goes on about Defour being a crock but Brady is just as bad if not worse. Plus he was about 6 million more.

Not aimed at just you, it seems there is suddenly a Defour out movement when he has been unlucky with injury whilst other players like Brady are just as bad. Unless there is more to it with Defour which would not surprise me but I hope not
Brady's last Burnley game was against Arsenal on the last day of last season. He also played international football over the summer.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:20 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Harsh on Brady. Broken ribs are excruciating and there is nothing you can do other than take painkillers and wait for them to heal.
Tell me about it, twice it's happened to me and there is nothing that can be done. Every time you turn it's agony.

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:23 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Brady started the last away game of last season at Everton and then came on as a sub a week later. He was fit quite a bit of the second half of the season but couldn't get into the team because of the form of McNeil. Not sure where you got October being his last game. Brady has also come on as a sub seven times in the league in 2019 to add to that start. He's also played four internationals for Ireland in 2019.

The rib injury is unfortunate but again he'd probably be on the bench because of McNeil.
Had the appearance list reading 1st to last not last to first ha ha.....apologies

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1754 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:38 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I take it you've never suffered this kind of rib injury
I have suffered a cracked rib yes so I do know how painful it is. Almost as painful as waiting for Defour or Brady to start to repay the vast sums of money they cost the club. I have already written Defour off as a lost cause, we won't see him again in a Burnley shirt and I am not convinced that all of his injury woes are physical.

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:28 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:You only said yesterday how you thought it would be best for everyone if Defour was moved on (along those lines). Yet his last game was end of Sept last year and Brady's was october...about 3 weeks difference. Should Brady be moved on also?

Correct.

I don't see why Defour is slated whilst Brady has not provided anything worth the sum we paid for him (despite a cracker on his debut). McNeil is very much a better player if you ask me.

That does not take away the fact that both players are desperately unlucky with their respective injuries.

Safron
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Safron » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:27 pm

Can someone please tell me how long,Gibson,infact all the bench boys keep match fit when they are sat on there backsides almost every week?

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 816 times
Has Liked: 527 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:35 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Tell me about it, twice it's happened to me and there is nothing that can be done. Every time you turn it's agony.
Did you ever sneeze?
Worst.
Pain.
Ever.

Nearly passed out.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:38 pm

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:Did you ever sneeze?
Worst.
Pain.
Ever.

Nearly passed out.
Coughing and sneezing were horrendous

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:45 pm

This year
Next year
Sometime
Never.
You really don't need 4 options. :roll:

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:08 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Tell me about it, twice it's happened to me and there is nothing that can be done. Every time you turn it's agony.
Aye and pray you dont cough or sneeze. Like you I have suffered twice from this also. No cure just time.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:13 pm

This year
Next year
Sometime
Never.
I think one option is enough. It's a sweep I wouldn't enter.