Luxury Watches

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Re: Luxury Watches

Post by The Enclosure » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:33 am

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/mens-watches" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spike
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 1237 times

Post by Spike » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:22 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Not too knowledgable on them investment wise. I have a friend that bought a Omega Seamaster for about £4.5k. Now from what he has said to me they dont lose much value but each year he sends it off to a place in Manchester to get an M.O.T for it if you will. Think they take it apart, clean it, do the windings and whatever else. Then they reseal it and send it back. This costs about £175 each year.

What I am trying to get at is I think any watch around this price range will probably need the same care and attention. So investment wise if you are looking at 10 years you have spent your 4.5k plus another 1.75k on making sure it stays to its high standard. Somehow I doubt any watch would increase in value much more than the investment required initially and over a prolonged time period to make it worth it.

Now if its just to wear a nice watch as rewards for your hard work go ahead. But at that price range unless you have an intimate knowledge of certain watches it would be hard to make money on it
So basically you only have use of the watch for 11.5 months every year

Spike
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 1237 times

Post by Spike » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:26 pm

Don't put your address in the tabloids or the same Burglars as robbed Badly Dack will be round.

I still think that was suspect. I doubt he can tell the time!

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:47 pm

Spike wrote:So basically you only have use of the watch for 11.5 months every year
Is that you trying to be funny?

aggi
Been Liked: 2117 times

Post by aggi » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:03 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:Not too knowledgable on them investment wise. I have a friend that bought a Omega Seamaster for about £4.5k. Now from what he has said to me they dont lose much value but each year he sends it off to a place in Manchester to get an M.O.T for it if you will. Think they take it apart, clean it, do the windings and whatever else. Then they reseal it and send it back. This costs about £175 each year.

What I am trying to get at is I think any watch around this price range will probably need the same care and attention. So investment wise if you are looking at 10 years you have spent your 4.5k plus another 1.75k on making sure it stays to its high standard. Somehow I doubt any watch would increase in value much more than the investment required initially and over a prolonged time period to make it worth it.

Now if its just to wear a nice watch as rewards for your hard work go ahead. But at that price range unless you have an intimate knowledge of certain watches it would be hard to make money on it
I think the company doing his services are milking him there. You'd normally get it serviced every five to ten years.

If he's using it for diving regularly then you might get the seals tested each year but a full service every year is over the top.

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:39 pm

aggi wrote:I think the company doing his services are milking him there. You'd normally get it serviced every five to ten years.

If he's using it for diving regularly then you might get the seals tested each year but a full service every year is over the top.
He is an underwater welder so suppose that figures. Although I dont know if he wears when diving

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Our Jofra looks to be wearing a rather nice time piece. I'm guessing it's worth a princely sum hence he prefers to wear it whilst bowling rather than leave it in the dressing room.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18215 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:He is an underwater welder so suppose that figures. Although I dont know if he wears when diving
Aqualung and a dry suit one would guess at :D along with diving mask of course ;)

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:46 pm

Paid a small fortune from a fella in Spain a couple years
ago for a Rolex yacht master, broke down in a couple of months.

Don't bother with them Rolexs, aren't what they are made out to be. I binned the fuker. Fella int watch shop in Nelson said I had been ripped off, wouldn't mind it cost me 25 euros

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18215 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:56 pm

Top Claret wrote:Paid a small fortune from a fella in Spain a couple years
ago for a Rolex yacht master, broke down in a couple of months.

Don't bother with them Rolexs, aren't what they are made out to be. I binned the fuker. Fella int watch shop in Nelson said I had been ripped off, wouldn't mind it cost me 25 euros
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I bought a Tag Heuer in Turkey (Fake obvs) looked Ace until I dropped it off my bedside table and the hands fell off :lol: :lol: :lol: