Leaving as a claret

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Sausage
Been Liked: 638 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Re: Leaving as a claret

Post by Sausage » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:36 pm

I spent the summer of 1992 putting up garden fences on a council housing estate in Haslingden. I was busy digging a hole for a fence post when I heard a clatter of metal in the next garden followed by some choice industrial language. I peered over the fence to see Leighton James, beetroot red face, holding a broken pull cord for a cement mixer, asking me "what the f*** are you looking at?"

Never meet your heroes.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:01 pm

[quote="Conroy92"]Reading the Jimmy Mac thread and it made me think about players joining clubs and growing such an affinity for the club that they left as fans. Of Mac this is a certainty and probably a few others of that era, but how many modern day players exist like that?
I will put Trippier for us on the list.

As a side question, anyone know who Jimmy supported before he signed for us?[/quote

Danny Ings
Tom Heaton

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:51 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Very much a Swansea fan
Yeah strange the Welsh. My daughter in law is Welsh. They are all about Wales and she will never leave Wales. Gets palpitations if she comes up to Northumberland for a few days. Don't know what she'd think of Burnley!!