The morning after the late afternoon before

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

The morning after the late afternoon before

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:20 am

Still happy with the point.

4 points after 3 games involving Arsenal and Wolves away.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1234 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Re: The morning after the late afternoon before

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:47 am

And VAR can do one....along with Craig Pawson
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8432 times
Has Liked: 18099 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:01 am

How many of the people moaning were predicting a Wolves walk-over of 2-0 3-0 etc....

Yes I am disappointed we couldn't hold on to the win but am happy(ish) with the point.

Wolves registered just 2 shots on target (one of which was the Pen) showing our defence did their job in the main....

Heres hoping we can stop the Mackems on Wednesday night and perhaps start a long awaited cup run :D
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:10 am

We need a good result on Wednesday if only to show Drinkwater is ready for action. Wolves and Arsenal showed that when the pressure is applied, late on, we have no out ball. We either need someone fast staying on the halfway line, to launch it to, or someone in midfield who can carry the ball out.
We're a good team, one ball carrying midfielder away from being a very good team.
This user liked this post: Tricky Trevor

Spike
Been Liked: 595 times
Has Liked: 1225 times

Post by Spike » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:17 am

I thought refs were supposed to be neutral and wear neutral colours. Pawson wore Wolves socks n shorts and was clearly anti-Burnley

EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 498 times

Post by EarbyClaret » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:53 am

One point from two tough games but a fit Danny Drinkwater away from four points. Two outstanding first half displays in both games but we invited so much pressure on, last week and yesterday, it was inevitable we'd concede eventually against two such good sides.

Wolves in particular I thought by-passed our CM completely for the last 30/35 minutes. A Drinkwater-type to solid that up and play some of the passes that would have taken the play away from our defensive third for the occasional breather would probably have been the difference between a win and a draw.

Guller Bull
Been Liked: 763 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by Guller Bull » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:56 am

Barnes going off yesterday for me made the difference. He defends from the front. he causes that much problems in their defence that they cannot afford to commit to freely forward. Rodriguez and Wood don't have that same abrasion.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:24 pm

Guller Bull wrote:Barnes going off yesterday for me made the difference. He defends from the front. he causes that much problems in their defence that they cannot afford to commit to freely forward. Rodriguez and Wood don't have that same abrasion.
He looked shattered though so it wasn't a tactical decision.

In no way am I saying this would have changed the result, but as I posted on the match thread at the time, personally I'd have brought Hendrick on for Barnes and solidified the midfield with 5 across, probably bringing Jay on for Wood.