Cinque Terre

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Cinque Terre

Post by MRG » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:07 pm

Looking to book a holiday to Italy next year. We are starting with Florence and then considering going across to Conque Terre? Although it looks beautiful we have very little knowledge of the region.

Has anybody ever been?

PWBFC
Been Liked: 139 times
Has Liked: 59 times

Re: Cinque Terre

Post by PWBFC » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:24 pm

Cinque Terre is great if you’re into walking. The villages themselves are busy with tourists but once you get up into the hills, the views are lovely and trails relatively quiet (at least they were late April when I went).

Trains between the villages are very frequent, handy to get back after a long walk.

3 or 4 nights should be enough in the area.

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2053 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:32 pm

MRG wrote:Looking to book a holiday to Italy next year. We are starting with Florence and then considering going across to Conque Terre? Although it looks beautiful we have very little knowledge of the region.

Has anybody ever been?
Did something similar last year. Beautiful part of the world. Picked up a car in Florence, explored various parts of Tuscany before driving over to the coast. Stayed in a lovely village not too far away called Tellaro. When we visited Cinque Terre we just drove to La Spenza and got the train down there (drive took about 30 mins, think the train was a similar duration). It is a lovely area for walking but as I'm sure you're aware it is over subscribed at times

NZclaret
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by NZclaret » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:11 pm

We went this time last year and was amazing. Stayed in a place called Levanto where we got the train in one day and the boat around the second. I highly recommend both as you get to see from both angles.
Each village is pretty small but with good places to eat and drink. Many walks to do a lot of them not to long and with some great views of the villages and the sea. I spent most of my time in the sea after the little walks as the water was beautiful.
A very romantic place with views for days. It is a bit touristy and can get of a bit hustle feel but we loved it never the less. We were there for 2 days and 3 nights.