A positive Ashley Barnes article Football365.com

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 481 times

A positive Ashley Barnes article Football365.com

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:42 am

One that is appreciative of his and the teams talents - a rarity

https://www.football365.com/news/why-is ... -the-lumps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 6 users liked this post: frankinwales Yeovil1951 Suratclaret minnieclaret bobinho Stalbansclaret

Falcon
Been Liked: 892 times
Has Liked: 1168 times

Re: A positive Ashley Barnes article Football365.com

Post by Falcon » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:48 am

Slight typo in that last sentence, 2nd word from the end 8-)
These 4 users liked this post: MarkGreen bobinho CanuckClaret Juan Tanamera

bobinho
Been Liked: 4092 times
Has Liked: 6568 times

Post by bobinho » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:56 am

Great article, and just for a change, has more than an element of truth in it.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:30 pm

Not sure about the 'Barrel shape'............He's on fire!
This user liked this post: Stayingup

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:25 pm

It's all about perception and perception is truth!!!

Burnley are well drilled; good defensively; they all know what to do; get the ball up quick to the (old fashioned style) forwards etc etc. This is trotted out ad nauseam by lazy journalists, none to bright pundits and opposition managers who in the main speak insufficient English to offer anything other than the few sentences that they have learnt parrot fashion before going on air to mangle their way through the English Language.

This is our fourth season in the Prem. and we have, I believe, evolved over time in small incremental ways that now see us as a much more accomplished side. But this will largely be ignored by most as we are Burnley; flat caps and ferrets; cobble streets and satanic Mills.

I've lived in London and the South East almost 50 years now but because of my accent, not as strong as it was but it is still there, I get called a northerner by people who haven't lived in the south as long as me. That will never change. It is the same for the Club. We will always be THAT Burnley.
These 3 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera Ashingtonclaret46 Falcon

Shore claret
Been Liked: 267 times
Has Liked: 660 times

Post by Shore claret » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:53 pm

Good article I enjoyed reading it

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:56 pm

Correct
An excellent article. The question is how has Barnes improved so much? Him, Team , Dyche. All contributary factors. I've thought for a while his general play, apart from his goal return, has improved a lot over the past few seasons but now he has improved again. Incredible. Some opposing fans slag us off. Its their default position when we've whupped their team and shows they dont understand football.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:02 pm

[quote="Corky"]It's all about perception and perception is truth!!!

Burnley are well drilled; good defensively; they all know what to do; get the ball up quick to the (old fashioned style) forwards etc etc. This is trotted out ad nauseam by lazy journalists, none to bright pundits and opposition managers who in the main speak insufficient English to offer anything other than the few sentences that they have learnt parrot fashion before going on air to mangle their way through the English Language.

This is our fourth season in the Prem. and we have, I believe, evolved over time in small incremental ways that now see us as a much more accomplished side. But this will largely be ignored by most as we are Burnley; flat caps and ferrets; cobble streets and satanic Mills.

I've lived in London and the South East almost 50 years now but because of my accent, not as strong as it was but it is still there, I get called a northerner by people who haven't lived in the south as long as me. That will never change. It is the same for the Club. We will always be THAT Burnley.[/quote

Good post.

Jurgen Klopp.and Espirito Santo.have heaped praise on us. Pep also but grudgingly. But no doubt many of their club fans wont do. Particularly those that post comments and gob off but have only ever seen.their tesm on tv.

1968claret
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 635 times

Post by 1968claret » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:46 pm

Enjoyed reading that, thanks for posting.
Barnes was already one of my favourite clarets of all time, to be fair there are quite a few!
But this year he really has stepped up a notch. Not just scoring goals, but very good goals!