Defour may leave before European deadline

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Re: Defour may leave before European deadline

Post by taio » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:23 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Are some of you actually Burnley fans? Hard to believe some of the comments on this thread.
Well said. I can't comprehend some of the comments. They are truly pathetic.

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:51 pm

Shame he didn't play more, he was influencial in us going from a bottom to a top half club in the premier league.
Fortunately for us having a number of other good midfielders at the club, meant that losing him to injury didn't have as big an impact as when we lost Dean Marney.

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:53 pm

Good player when fit - problem was it was not enough

But good luck to him and probably plays weekend after next.

Yanquiclaret
Been Liked: 54 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by Yanquiclaret » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:00 pm

Been following Burnley since the late sixties. In that time only Martin Dobson in his prime could make the game slow down and control every aspect better than Steven Defour. Ralph Coates is on Steven’s level. That is the list. The rest of the team of the 70’s were talented in different ways. None of the players in between that team and the one we have now are even close. Thanks Steven shame it couldn’t be more.

For the money whiners the additional prize money we got for finishing 7th after his great play before injury that season more than covered what we spent on him. That seasons post Defour stats are pretty poor.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:04 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Are some of you actually Burnley fans? Hard to believe some of the comments on this thread.

I said good riddance.

You don't honestly believe it was better for both him and the club if he had stayed for another season do you?

It was best for all concerned he moved on IMO, and I'd be staggered if him, the manager or both didn't also think so.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:16 pm

MACCA wrote:I said good riddance.

You don't honestly believe it was better for both him and the club if he had stayed for another season do you?

It was best for all concerned he moved on IMO, and I'd be staggered if him, the manager or both didn't also think so.
Don’t think that anyone believes he should have stayed for the season. I think the comments are about the absolute nonsense and lack of class shown in some of the comments. The guy had no need to do the final interview, was a multi millionaire before he came here and there is no evidence to suggest he was happy to sit on his backside fleecing the club. Would be nice if all the fans could show as much class as Steven does in his interview...

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:30 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:Don’t think that anyone believes he should have stayed for the season. I think the comments are about the absolute nonsense and lack of class shown in some of the comments. The guy had no need to do the final interview, was a multi millionaire before he came here and there is no evidence to suggest he was happy to sit on his backside fleecing the club. Would be nice if all the fans could show as much class as Steven does in his interview...
I was quoted for my good riddance post, which it was.

I'd be amazed if anyone other than a few others didn't also think good riddance.
It's quite clear it was the right thing for all parties.

Ps I put a few words on the Steved Defour farewell video/thread.

This was a speculation thread, so I gave my opinion on him on possibly leaving.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Re: Defour bids farewell

Post by deanothedino » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:42 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:I’ve never had any issues with the videos buffering and that’s watching them on my phone
I'm not 100% they use the same media player on mobile.

Better Call Saul
Been Liked: 116 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Better Call Saul » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:56 pm

Yanquiclaret wrote:Been following Burnley since the late sixties. In that time only Martin Dobson in his prime could make the game slow down and control every aspect better than Steven Defour. Ralph Coates is on Steven’s level. That is the list. The rest of the team of the 70’s were talented in different ways. None of the players in between that team and the one we have now are even close. Thanks Steven shame it couldn’t be more.

For the money whiners the additional prize money we got for finishing 7th after his great play before injury that season more than covered what we spent on him. That seasons post Defour stats are pretty poor.
Ralph Coates is on Steven’s level.
Please tell me that is meant to be a joke.