Burnley football club!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Tarksforengland123
Been Liked: 2 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Burnley football club!

Post by Tarksforengland123 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:47 am

:o
Last edited by Tarksforengland123 on Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Re: Burnley football club!

Post by taio » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:51 am

Laughable. That's all.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:53 am

Well done - glad you’ve got that off your chest.

Now go get your satchel and spider man lunch box ready for tomorrow - first day at big school.
This user liked this post: jedi_master

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:54 am

Everyone wants their 5 minutes of fame, but why do so many have to do it on here
This user liked this post: jedi_master

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:55 am

Yawn....has he gone yet ?

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 772 times
Has Liked: 1426 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am

Best just to ignore the post and move on.

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:56 am

Thank you to the OP you have just cheered up my Sunday morning :)

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1747 times
Has Liked: 345 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:57 am

Either fishing or a dur-brain

Claret
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 655 times

Post by Claret » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:57 am

He’s got a point. The pronunciation of Burnley is often disgraceful.

tybfc
Been Liked: 1304 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by tybfc » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:59 am

Tarksforengland123 wrote:I just wanted to make a post expressing my opinion of everything wrong with Burnley FC.

1. The owners: Happy to keep our club below par to everyone else! Spending none to very little money every single transfer window. Fans actually getting excited when we actually sign someone is a joke! Our fourth successive season receiving 120million+ extras over the seasons periods and not one attempt to spend competivly! No we are not able to spend £80million on one player, but showing some passion and progression by spending a decent amount in a transfer window on some quality players wouldn’t come go a miss! The owners are too busy keeping it in the back pockets!

2. Sean Dyche: Before anyone bites my head off, I am very grateful for what Dyche has done for Burnley! Premier league football, Qualifying for European football etc. But just my opinion he needs to move on! Constantly waiting until the 80+ minute to bring a sub on is disgraceful! Then when he does he takes the only player who has been scoring goals! (Barnes). It’s always too late to make an impact on the game. A substitution should have been made at half time! Every single match all he does is “see our until half time” and “see how far he can push” did he not hear the booing when he sent Barnes off in the Liverpool game!? Outrageous decision to keep that waste of space on the pitch!
Another issue I have with Dyche is his transfer opinions. Only wants to sign domestic players. Does nobody else think that that is extremely restricting!? The whole point of being in a league is that you push up to progress every season. But all seem to be content stating the same ******* position every single time. Joke. There are so many young individuals out there who would cost us next to nothing who we should be bringing in for better quality and creativity! Then sell them for millions and there you have it! Business. Sean Dyche limits where we can go next and I personally think it’s time for a manager who has passion to progress.

The fans: Why is it everywhere I go I hear BACK IN THE ORIENT GAME!!! This statement is a joke. The orient game was in 1987. Yes I don’t dispute it was a horrible game to witness having witnessed it myself, but my god get over it!!! All these old men saying “be thankful we’re plating against these sides” seriously!? I don’t doubt we won’t always get something from the top 4 sides, but we should be a team lead to ******* trying! Performances like yesterday are infuriating because we showed no passion or creativity just like sycamore Everton last season!
The amount of fans I hear “better if we in the championship” is disgusting!
To me If you’re happy in the same position with no ambition what so ever, then you clearly can’t be a real fan wanting your club to succeed at WINNING!
All fans seem to do is sing the same boring songs about bastards 24/7. Not even pronouncing Burnley properly.

This is just my personal opinion.
I think your final sentence sums up your bizarre post.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:59 am

Tarksforengland123 wrote:I just wanted to make a post expressing my opinion of everything wrong with Burnley FC.

1. The owners: Happy to keep our club below par to everyone else! Spending none to very little money every single transfer window. Fans actually getting excited when we actually sign someone is a joke! Our fourth successive season receiving 120million+ extras over the seasons periods and not one attempt to spend competivly! No we are not able to spend £80million on one player, but showing some passion and progression by spending a decent amount in a transfer window on some quality players wouldn’t come go a miss! The owners are too busy keeping it in the back pockets!

2. Sean Dyche: Before anyone bites my head off, I am very grateful for what Dyche has done for Burnley! Premier league football, Qualifying for European football etc. But just my opinion he needs to move on! Constantly waiting until the 80+ minute to bring a sub on is disgraceful! Then when he does he takes the only player who has been scoring goals! (Barnes). It’s always too late to make an impact on the game. A substitution should have been made at half time! Every single match all he does is “see our until half time” and “see how far he can push” did he not hear the booing when he sent Barnes off in the Liverpool game!? Outrageous decision to keep that waste of space on the pitch!
Another issue I have with Dyche is his transfer opinions. Only wants to sign domestic players. Does nobody else think that that is extremely restricting!? The whole point of being in a league is that you push up to progress every season. But all seem to be content stating the same ******* position every single time. Joke. There are so many young individuals out there who would cost us next to nothing who we should be bringing in for better quality and creativity! Then sell them for millions and there you have it! Business. Sean Dyche limits where we can go next and I personally think it’s time for a manager who has passion to progress.

The fans: Why is it everywhere I go I hear BACK IN THE ORIENT GAME!!! This statement is a joke. The orient game was in 1987. Yes I don’t dispute it was a horrible game to witness having witnessed it myself, but my god get over it!!! All these old men saying “be thankful we’re plating against these sides” seriously!? I don’t doubt we won’t always get something from the top 4 sides, but we should be a team lead to ******* trying! Performances like yesterday are infuriating because we showed no passion or creativity just like sycamore Everton last season!
The amount of fans I hear “better if we in the championship” is disgusting!
To me If you’re happy in the same position with no ambition what so ever, then you clearly can’t be a real fan wanting your club to succeed at WINNING!
All fans seem to do is sing the same boring songs about bastards 24/7. Not even pronouncing Burnley properly.

This is just my personal opinion.
Let me guess, you’re about 15 (I really hope you are, for your sake) and have only ever known success?

You are the typical entitled fan I see daily on Twitter. You have no idea of just how lucky we are. It’s your opinion, and I won’t say you’re not entitled to have one, but (and I am sorry how incredibly patronising and condescending I’m about to sound), when you’re older you will realise how incredible the team we’re watching is . Be under no illusions, this it it. This is the best it will ever be in my lifetime, and despite annoyances such as the lack of effort in Cups etc, we must savour it.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1747 times
Has Liked: 345 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:03 am

After the second goal yesterday it was damage limitation. We have 4 points from opening four games. It was a tough start. For me, the season starts now.
These 2 users liked this post: jedi_master Goodclaret

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:09 am

A massive club in the history of the game, but in today's modern footballing world, we're a freak of nature. It's good to be different, enjoy the individuality. :P

Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1506 times

Post by Goodclaret » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:13 am

I assume you posted this straight after the 3 nil victory over Southampton too, TFE123? Or after the great point/almost win at Wolves? Or do you just get all hissy fitty after a defeat?

Asking for a friend.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:16 am

Few decent points tbf.

Orient. People need to stop using this like a scale to how good/bad we are. 32 years ago now, get over it.

Songs. Burnley fans are obsessed with Blackburn. To the point it’s pretty sad. Sing about Burnley and how proumd you are of being a Burnley fan.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:23 am

I didnt get past the username, that was enough to tell he doesnt have a scooby

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:24 am

Nothing wrong with using Orient as a scale as to how bad we are - it’s a fact...and it’s the extreme of how bad we got. There are lots of other low points fans went through and many are a lot more recent.

Some Burnley fans are only obsessed about Blackburn like United are about Liverpool or Portsmouth about Southampton or Villa about Birmingham or Celtic about Rangers....oh yep just realised I think it the same at all football clubs

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:26 am

You'll feel much more at home on the old ClaretsMad message board, OP.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:15 am

Very strange post. I’m guessing the poster was pist. Which brings me to supporters who can’t rite proper and keep bringing up some insignificant game from over 30 years ago. I do agree with our top poster that it is disgusting to hear any supporter saying, “better if we in the championship”. On so many levels. Seems strange to write a post like that and then complain about pronunciation. Substitutions are always a point of discussion and disagreements, but better out than in. Numbered his moans but then gave up after two (2). Complains about finishing in the same position. Not sure when we last did that but it might have been 2, 13th place finishes in the championship but not sure. I’m not particularly interested in which numbered position we finish each season, I just like us to contest each game as well as we can and compete/survive each season. I want to be in the Premier League. I don’t want to compare to 1987 or even 2018/19. I like to look at the next game and not worry too much about the table although I have to say that I prefer to see Burnley in the top half of the table.
Looking at the first four games of the season I’m happy with four points. Think we have been very strong so far this season and were yesterday right up to going behind. Think I once heard someone once say, ‘goals change games’ and that certainly happened yesterday. Fluke first goal, sloppy second, which I hope now puts Arsenal’s winner against us into perspective. It won’t be the last goal we concede this season by losing or giving away possession. What we have to do is make sure that our pressing gets us more goals than we give away. Third was a lucky one, a heavy, poor touch that turned into a perfect pass to Firmino. I do like the posters username though.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:19 am

And Tarksforengland123, we won’t always get something from the bottom 4, never mind the top 4, so prepare yourself for continued disappointment.