DIY SOS

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Brucefanclaret
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 511 times

DIY SOS

Post by Brucefanclaret » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:52 pm

Anyone see The One Show yesterday? It included a report on the latest DIY SOS project, taking place in Blackburn (sorry!) this week. A Church Hall is bing transformed into accommodation for young homeless people between the ages of 16 and 18.
It’s for a charity called Nightsafe. It’s based in Blackburn but provides services to young people from Pendle too.

I am a Trustee of the charity. We help young people get back on their feet and provide them with support, help them into education and training or jobs. One of our young people got her degree last year; another is working on this DIY SOS Project to say thank you for the help we gave him when he needed it.
We badly need general builders, plasterers, joiners and others. If you can help, please go along to St Silas’s Church Hall, Preston New Road, Blackburn this week or next when the build is taking place.
Thanks for reading this. UTC!
These 8 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Redbeard Tricky Trevor Buxtonclaret cricketfieldclarets tim_noone Im_not_Robbie_Blake ClaretTony

Pickles
Been Liked: 1391 times
Has Liked: 1223 times

Re: DIY SOS

Post by Pickles » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Afraid I can't help but this is really brilliant, hope it's all a massive success.

Brucefanclaret

Post by Brucefanclaret » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:14 pm

Thanks, Pickles. We’ve got lots of volunteers already on the project, but we need another 40 of each trade if we are to hit the deadline! Massive project - we all have our fingers crossed.

Redbeard
Been Liked: 1438 times
Has Liked: 2457 times

Post by Redbeard » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:32 pm

All the very best with this, BFC.
Last edited by Redbeard on Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3766 times
Has Liked: 7557 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:04 pm

I'll echo Pickles.
Hope this project continues with its success.
Best wishes, BFC.

Brucefanclaret

Post by Brucefanclaret » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:24 pm

Thanks, Buxton and The Admiral!

Fretters
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 549 times

Post by Fretters » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Brucefanclaret wrote:Anyone see The One Show yesterday? It included a report on the latest DIY SOS project, taking place in Blackburn (sorry!) this week. A Church Hall is bing transformed into accommodation for young homeless people between the ages of 16 and 18.
It’s for a charity called Nightsafe. It’s based in Blackburn but provides services to young people from Pendle too.

I am a Trustee of the charity. We help young people get back on their feet and provide them with support, help them into education and training or jobs. One of our young people got her degree last year; another is working on this DIY SOS Project to say thank you for the help we gave him when he needed it.
We badly need general builders, plasterers, joiners and others. If you can help, please go along to St Silas’s Church Hall, Preston New Road, Blackburn this week or next when the build is taking place.
Thanks for reading this. UTC!
Hi, I emailed the production team. I can't help with the joinery etc but I part own a company in Darwen that supplies wood finishing products - wood dye, wax polishes, varnishes etc. - all environmentally friendly. Please let me know if we can help with supplies. Our website is below if you want to know more about the products.

http://www.littlefairs.shop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:33 pm

Fantastic work well done. Can other people volunteer or do they need to be tradespeople?

Brucefanclaret

Post by Brucefanclaret » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:25 pm

Thanks, Fretters - will pass this on. They have had computer problems today and have said they may have missed some emails, so sorry if that’s the case with you.

Cricketfield - not sure about this one. Try getting in touch (email problem now sorted) or even go down to St Silas’s if you have the time and talk to the team?

Thanks both of you. I knew my fellow-Clarets wouldn’t let me down!

Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Been Liked: 383 times
Has Liked: 234 times

Post by Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:46 am

Good to see Colin Hendry getting involved. He's had a lot to cope with in recent years and it's great to see his modesty and attitude towards this project.

Brucefanclaret

Post by Brucefanclaret » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:43 pm

Yes, all credit to him. And all the other volunteers, of course!