Drink water injury

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Re: Drink water injury

Post by Blackrod » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:18 pm

ClaretLoup wrote:The club need to think about the effect of having Drinkwater around the place on the other players.

So far he has rocked up not fit enough to start a game until the end of August. & then gets so legless he can't remember what he has done gets himself injured so he will probably be out for a couple of months at least.
For this he picks up his reputed salary of £100 k per week.

Given he will only be available for a couple of months at the most and he is not our player why waste time trying to rehabilitate this player so another club can benefit?
Don’t quote figures - Leisure will want a source ( or a payslip) as evidence.
This user liked this post: Blackburnclaret

Local cricketer
Been Liked: 412 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by Local cricketer » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:19 pm

The Lad is obviously a out and out pillock

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6477 times
Has Liked: 2908 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:31 pm

New signing?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (78.21 KiB) Viewed 7009 times

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:35 pm

Mooy is looking like the preferred signing right now.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3591 times
Has Liked: 1028 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:37 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I’m in no way sticking up for Drinkwater here, but it seems to me that the reaction here is well OTT. Burnley fans don’t like big names and Drinkwater seems to be getting the same kind of treatment as Hart.
Pretty sure Joey Barton, Ian Wright etc were universally adored whilst at Burnley. I think Burnley fans are on the whole very fair, and judge someone on what they do for us - nothing more.

Hart being useless for us is the reason he is given short shrift by the majority of Burnley fans (however, let’s not turn this into another Hart thread!). Likewise, Drinkwater was lauded by pretty much everybody (I was delighted to sign him), but we can all only base our opinion on the lad on what he does on and off the pitch whilst with us. So far, not good.

I live in hope that Dyche throttles the bloke and makes him see his career is going down the swanny, and we get a tune out of him for the rest of the season. I highly doubt though, based on what we have seen and heard thus far, that Danny has the desire/motivation to knuckle down for us.
These 2 users liked this post: Stalbansclaret Bosscat

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3154 times
Has Liked: 6742 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:42 pm

jedi_master wrote:Pretty sure Joey Barton, Ian Wright etc were universally adored whilst at Burnley. I think Burnley fans are on the whole very fair, and judge someone on what they do for us - nothing more.

Hart being useless for us is the reason he is given short shrift by the majority of Burnley fans (however, let’s not turn this into another Hart thread!). Likewise, Drinkwater was lauded by pretty much everybody (I was delighted to sign him), but we can all only base our opinion on the lad on what he does on and off the pitch whilst with us. So far, not good.

I live in hope that Dyche throttles the bloke and makes him see his career is going down the swanny, and we get a tune out of him for the rest of the season. I highly doubt though, based on what we have seen and heard thus far, that Danny has the desire/motivation to knuckle down for us.
The trouble here is that if you are earning £5m a year, and you are a prick, you don't need to care about your career

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:44 pm

Get Well soon Danny!!!
These 2 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Quicknick

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:46 pm

“Play class and work hard and you can start playing for Burnley on 60k a week”
‘But I’m on 100k a week now doing f all’

“Play amazing and we might finish in Europa again”
‘I’ve won the Prem and played in Champions League’

“You might play for England”
‘Done it’

“You might get a great move and a nice bonus sign on”
‘Got bonus for a 35 mil deal’

“Get involved with a good set of lads here”
‘Had that at Leicester’

I just don’t think there is a lot there to motivate him now which might lead to his drinking ..... could even be argued that is why he was chasing some other blokes missus

Just wanting to actually push boundaries and get the “trophy” he shouldn’t/can’t get.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 976 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:53 pm

Obviously become a completely different person to the one Sean Dyche remembers from his Watford days, a lot wealthier and no longer sticking to water unless it is just a splash in his whisky.

exilecanada
Been Liked: 235 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by exilecanada » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Didn’t Dyche refer to DD as ‘Drinky’? If so, he clearly had some sort of insight into the players ‘tendencies’. And, given our alleged club spirit ‘all for one, one for all’, what will his team mates think of DD?

Pimlico_Claret
Been Liked: 614 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:51 pm

tim_noone wrote:Get Well soon Danny!!!
He might have a better chance if you keep him away from your cut price Bene :lol:
This user liked this post: IanMcL

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1006 times
Has Liked: 2047 times

Post by LeadBelly » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:16 pm

In the real world, if you start a new job (especially if you've been made redundant/demoted at your last job) you are on your best behaviour/extra willing to try & impress. The fact that DD has gone off the rails already is a very bad sign re his motivation/willingness to earn his corn.

It's SD's decision to make (and he'll be in the best position to make that decision & a good man to do so) but if I were managing a company/department and one of my new employees did something as daft as he's reportedly done (had too much too drink/got aggressive/got into a fight/made himself unfit for work) on his probation period; Id be wanting to terminate ASAP.
I guess it's a bit different in footy because you cant immediately go out and get a replacement when the window is shut so that might well come into SD's thinking. However, as a few have said, we cant waste too much time and effort playing at being saviours/a rehab clinic.

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 648 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:49 am

ClaretTony wrote:No idea what the deal is with Chelsea. We could be paying them s loan fee or part of his wages. Not sure bringing the club into disrepute would stick given he wasn’t representing the club at the time.
Is that the way it works though CT? Friend of mine stupidly got involved in an incident in 2000 when we played rovers and he very nearly lost his job. Only friends in high places saved his employment status and he wasn't representing his company at the time.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1864 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:59 am

There appears to be a little bit of double standards here

Didn’t the article say he was pulled away and put in a taxi by a“Burnley teammate”?

Now admittedly I haven’t read every post in detail, but there doesn’t appear to be many asking for this player to be fined.

I’m not saying that Drinkwater hasn’t been a knob, shouldn’t have been out and should be trying to make an impression and get his career back in track.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:14 am

wilks_bfc wrote:There appears to be a little bit of double standards here

Didn’t the article say he was pulled away and put in a taxi by a“Burnley teammate”?

Now admittedly I haven’t read every post in detail, but there doesn’t appear to be many asking for this player to be fined.

I’m not saying that Drinkwater hasn’t been a knob, shouldn’t have been out and should be trying to make an impression and get his career back in track.
Theres a difference between being on a night out on your down days, and maybe being a bit worse for wear, and being on a night out and getting into a fight, gets you injured, leaves you battered and bruised, gets you in all the national press and potentially could have ended your career.

Players are allowed a drink and a night out as long as they're back to full health when the next training days start.
No doubt the none international players got 2 or 3 days off, letting your hair down on day 1 and/or 2 of them days off wont be an issue if theres no signs of it come training Monday morning.

Bangers&Mash
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Bangers&Mash » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:35 am

MACCA wrote:Theres a difference between being on a night out on your down days, and maybe being a bit worse for wear, and being on a night out and getting into a fight, gets you injured, leaves you battered and bruised, gets you in all the national press and potentially could have ended your career.

Players are allowed a drink and a night out as long as they're back to full health when the next training days start.
No doubt the none international players got 2 or 3 days off, letting your hair down on day 1 and/or 2 of them days off wont be an issue if theres no signs of it come training Monday morning.
Spot on, Macca.

Like any job, do what you like on your day off but if it's effecting you on your first shift back then expect there to be trouble

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1864 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:39 am

MACCA wrote:Theres a difference between being on a night out on your down days, and maybe being a bit worse for wear, and being on a night out and getting into a fight, gets you injured, leaves you battered and bruised, gets you in all the national press and potentially could have ended your career.

But that’s what I’m saying.

The only reason that this has come to light is because Drinkwater got beat up.

If Drinkwater & “an other” had gone out for the night and then both had turned up to next training session and cracked on wed be non the wiser

If Drinkwater & “an other” had gone out for the night and “an other” was beaten up, would this thread have got as many posts calling for him to be fined?

Yes Drinkwater has the history, but we’ve had the players in the past that have had his history also but never had this kind of reaction to their behaviour

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32369 times
Has Liked: 5267 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:57 am

Not seen any suggestion the injury has been caused by a fight. I thought he'd been jumped on outside the club. Not suggesting that what he's done in the club is OK, but haven't read anywhere that the injuries have been brought about by a fight.

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:49 am

We wont see him play until December . Taken on with problems because of the pop still having problems because of the pop. Waste of time but would love to be proven wrong.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:50 am

What I don't understand here is, if he got dragged out and put in a taxi how did he end up being jumped on on the pavement?

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2630 times
Has Liked: 6440 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:55 am

boatshed bill wrote:What I don't understand here is, if he got dragged out and put in a taxi how did he end up being jumped on on the pavement?
how I read it he was dragged off the pavement into a taxi...
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:04 am

From the very first day the guy was interviewed on Clarets player his body language gave out the impression he did not really want to be at Burnley.
File in the mistakes drawer and get shut.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:12 am

As we are local to his home town drinking establishments, he probably jumped at the chance!

IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:26 am

The Enclosure wrote:From the very first day the guy was interviewed on Clarets player his body language gave out the impression he did not really want to be at Burnley.
I too got that impression. I also detected that the manager regarded the signing as an unsatisfactory stop-gap situation.
Unless things change DD will only be with us until Jan. ( perhaps a much shorter time now).

Chelsea were clearly attempting to cut their losses by putting an unwanted player in the shop window, for a fire sale in the next transfer window.

We missed out on our targets and agreed to accept this arrangement from the end of August - because of the desperate need for midfield cover.

The player arrived lacking the required fitness levels which ruled him out of first team action for at least two months and the manager made it clear in a very strong way that he would have to earn/fight for his place in the side.

The original deal was effectively Sept-Jan (around 17 games). Fitness levels have already reduced this by a further 2-3 games before first team consideration, plus the likelihood that he can’t play against his parent club.

Now this incident has crocked the player for (by my estimation) another 5 games and then he may or may not be capable of competing for a place in the team. So let’s say a couple more games - injuries permitting.

The upshot is therefore we have a player on our books that, if things go well, can now only contribute to about half a dozen games, has shown very limited enthusiasm for the arrangement, has alienated a large number of fans and appears to have a limited shelf-life as a professional footballer.

In my opinion the manager has to concentrate all of his efforts to the business of staying in the league and can’t afford to wet-nurse individuals who are not “owned” by the club.

Too high a price to pay for a handful of games. Get shot, send Drinkwater back to London and start planning now for a proper, young athletic midfield player, who is hungry to play for our club. No more stop-gap deals, just work harder on solving the problem that has haunted us now since Defour went down.
This user liked this post: maidenover

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:36 am

IWOODLOVETT wrote:I too got that impression. I also detected that the manager regarded the signing as an unsatisfactory stop-gap situation.
Unless things change DD will only be with us until Jan. ( perhaps a much shorter time now).

Chelsea were clearly attempting to cut their losses by putting an unwanted player in the shop window, for a fire sale in the next transfer window.

We missed out on our targets and agreed to accept this arrangement from the end of August - because of the desperate need for midfield cover.

The player arrived lacking the required fitness levels which ruled him out of first team action for at least two months and the manager made it clear in a very strong way that he would have to earn/fight for his place in the side.

The original deal was effectively Sept-Jan (around 17 games). Fitness levels have already reduced this by a further 2-3 games before first team consideration, plus the likelihood that he can’t play against his parent club.

Now this incident has crocked the player for (by my estimation) another 5 games and then he may or may not be capable of competing for a place in the team. So let’s say a couple more games - injuries permitting.

The upshot is therefore we have a player on our books that, if things go well, can now only contribute to about half a dozen games, has shown very limited enthusiasm for the arrangement, has alienated a large number of fans and appears to have a limited shelf-life as a professional footballer.

In my opinion the manager has to concentrate all of his efforts to the business of staying in the league and can’t afford to wet-nurse individuals who are not “owned” by the club.

Too high a price to pay for a handful of games. Get shot, send Drinkwater back to London and start planning now for a proper, young athletic midfield player, who is hungry to play for our club. No more stop-gap deals, just work harder on solving the problem that has haunted us now since Defour went down.
Not sure I agree with some of that and certainly not about him arriving lacking fitness ruling him out of first team action for at least two months. He's already played, albeit in the cup, and was on the bench over a week ago with the manager saying he was now fully fit and ready to challenge for a place. The deal wasn't Sep-Jan either - he signed early August (21 games, not 17), although that has now been reduced obviously because he hasn't played in the first four and can't play against Chelsea even if fit to add to any he might miss now because of this injury.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 1427 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:57 am

I really don’t see SD having an issue with what’s happened to DD and the club has had a week now to prepare a balanced statement/ decide on their position.

On the other hand after seeing DD in training for the last few weeks SD potentially has he option to cut short the loan if he doesn’t think the player will be of use.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:00 pm

I think Dyche will put the ball in his court.

He’s let himself and the club down, if he wants to knuckle down and make up for it then he’ll be given a chance, if not he’ll be on his way.

He must have been doing ok in training to make his way on to the bench.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:03 pm

Thanks for putting me right Tony, but I wasn’t including the Cup game which the club regards as a competition for fringe players, so let’s agree on a round 20 games. Also his fitness levels were not in line with the rest of the squad when he arrived and he hadn't been top level match sharp getting on for two years.

My point is that the situation that the player has now created makes the deal unpractical from a business point of view. A risk too far that the club should reverse if possible ( pending all the facts).

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:14 pm

Maybe it gives us levvy to go to Chelsea and say we are happy for him to stay but given the length of time he is out, the only way we can do that is to keep him for the season.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Oh that would be a bonus if he ends up like Treacy did being unable to play the game as we expected.
Pretty sure at present Chelsea would let us have him forever.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:23 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:Maybe it gives us levvy to go to Chelsea and say we are happy for him to stay but given the length of time he is out, the only way we can do that is to keep him for the season.
...and you pay all his wages...? ;)
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:26 pm

It certainly puts us in a much stronger position to renegotiate Rick, and if he is as devastated as he makes out, maybe he can prove it by taking a pay cut to sign for us.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:28 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:It certainly puts us in a much stronger position to renegotiate Rick, and if he is as devastated as he makes out, maybe he can prove it by taking a pay cut to sign for us.
absolutely - I truly think there's an absolute gem of a footballer in him, but he needs to be guided by SD and he needs to take the chance.
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:39 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:absolutely - I truly think there's an absolute gem of a footballer in him, but he needs to be guided by SD and he needs to take the chance.
I don't think he'll be here long enough for that to happen.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2460 times
Has Liked: 1989 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:57 pm

I could have played next to Kante, in that Leicester side, and looked good.
He’s done nothing else the rest of his career. Send him back and he’s Chelseas problem. The deal is only until Jan. anyway. Then we have another window to enjoy!

Leisure
Been Liked: 3786 times
Has Liked: 12469 times

Post by Leisure » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:35 pm

Blackrod wrote:Don’t quote figures - Leisure will want a source ( or a payslip) as evidence.
Yes I do. Anyone can make up a load of bo**ocks on here but without being able to back it up. If you don't actually know the figures don't quote them. Also, still awaiting your criteria for assessing fitness!

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:51 pm

This loan deal has all the potential to make the ‘Bamford crybaby in the car’ one look like an unmitigated success...

I’m all for 2nd chances and all that but someone who has clearly not learned from other misdemeanours that could have put him behind bars does not deserve to wear the claret shirt.

Let the great man have a word and do as he sees fit but I will be surprised to see him play for us again. Also, not sure how I would feel if he replaced me in the team if I was Cork or Westwood given how they clearly love playing for us....and have no sense of billy big boots (which at the end of the day is what our success and club itself are based on).
This user liked this post: Steve1956

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 278 times
Has Liked: 3308 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:55 pm

start planning now for a proper, young athletic midfield player, who is hungry to play for our club. No more stop-gap deals, just work harder on solving the problem that has haunted us now since Defour went down.
Haven't we been looking for the past 3 transfer windows??
No player exists

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:55 pm

Oh dear.

He was not fit to start games with us when arrived. He had a reasonable level of fitness considering he hadn’t played much. Confirmed by club.

There is no player in the PL turning out for the first team who is not on ‘thousands’ a week. You’d have to be a bit of a nugget to think otherwise.
This user liked this post: Blackburnclaret

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Have the clairvoyants been on yet to tell us they knew the deal was going to end in tears, and/or that we shouldn't have signed him?

Papabendi
Been Liked: 346 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:13 pm

[quote="Hibsclaret"]This loan deal has all the potential to make the ‘Bamford crybaby in the car’ one look like an unmitigated success...

"Dyche is wrong about me..when I played the violin I had to finish..."

It's fair that Dyche isn't ultimately a huge fan of loans isn't it?

fzr162
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by fzr162 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:16 pm

The problem we have here is that too many people want to comment on half a story sensationalised by the gutter press then makeup the bits they don't know. Sean will sort it out in the best way for the club.
These 3 users liked this post: Steddyman Burnley Ace k90bfc

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:56 pm

fzr162 wrote:The problem we have here is that too many people want to comment on half a story sensationalised by the gutter press then makeup the bits they don't know. Sean will sort it out in the best way for the club.
Can't blame the press. He took a selfie.

fzr162
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by fzr162 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:01 pm

one picture is not the whole story.

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:01 pm

Have we sent him on his downward spiral way yet.....I hope so.

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:03 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:This loan deal has all the potential to make the ‘Bamford crybaby in the car’ one look like an unmitigated success...

I’m all for 2nd chances and all that but someone who has clearly not learned from other misdemeanours that could have put him behind bars does not deserve to wear the claret shirt.

Let the great man have a word and do as he sees fit but I will be surprised to see him play for us again. Also, not sure how I would feel if he replaced me in the team if I was Cork or Westwood given how they clearly love playing for us....and have no sense of billy big boots (which at the end of the day is what our success and club itself are based on).
Much as it pains me to say that post is spot on.

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:14 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:Haven't we been looking for the past 3 transfer windows??
No player exists

I thought we'd found exactly that player with our recent record bid only for his current club decidng not to sell.

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 278 times
Has Liked: 3308 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:16 pm

beddie wrote:I thought we'd found exactly that player with our recent record bid only for his current club decidng not to sell.
If we found him he would be here.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:Haven't we been looking for the past 3 transfer windows??
No player exists
Probably because we don't look further afield than the Championship. We have millions of pounds in the bank and there is a whole world of central midfielders out there, many of whom would jump at the chance to come and play in the Premiership.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Probably because we don't look further afield than the Championship. We have millions of pounds in the bank and there is a whole world of central midfielders out there, many of whom would jump at the chance to come and play in the Premiership.
Is that the Scottish Premiership?