The French law is an ass..

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
# 1
Tricky Trevor
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 pm
Been Liked: 540 times
Has Liked: 549 times

The French law is an ass..

Postby Tricky Trevor » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:27 pm

French company found liable for employee who died of heart attack whilst having sex on business trip.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49662134

# 2
tiger76
Posts: 4315
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Been Liked: 551 times
Has Liked: 1779 times
Location: Glasgow

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby tiger76 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:13 pm

I'm sure Geoffrey Boycott would wholeheartedly agree with you.
These 2 users liked this post: Bertiebeehead Bosscat

# 3
pushpinpussy
Posts: 1172
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:57 am
Been Liked: 440 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby pushpinpussy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 pm

Well, he was on the job.
These 5 users liked this post: bfcjg Juan Tanamera Bosscat Buxtonclaret Rick_Muller

# 4
Corky
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:37 pm
Been Liked: 329 times
Has Liked: 270 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Corky » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:00 pm

tiger76 wrote:I'm sure Geoffrey Boycott would wholeheartedly agree with you.


Please...Sir Geoffrey if you don't mind :lol:
This user liked this post: Bosscat

# 5
Bosscat
Posts: 5424
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1615 times
Has Liked: 4391 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Bosscat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:44 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:French company found liable for employee who died of heart attack whilst having sex on business trip.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49662134



Instead of coming he went

# 6
tim_noone
Posts: 11087
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 2862 times
Has Liked: 10189 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby tim_noone » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:59 pm

Assuming there's a vacancy I wouldn't mind Having a crack at His job myself...do we gave contact details???

# 7
Firthy
Posts: 2382
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:04 am
Been Liked: 791 times
Has Liked: 144 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Firthy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Not sure which is the worst. This or the Fireman Sam story.

Modern day law, society and political correctness is a load of crap. These things used to wind me up, now they just make me sad.

# 8
Hibsclaret
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:00 pm
Been Liked: 463 times
Has Liked: 283 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Hibsclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:17 pm

Anyone else feel sorry for the perfect stranger in all of this?

Imagine someone croaking it on top of you, or below you or......you get the idea..and you don’t really know them from Adam

# 9
No Ney Never
Posts: 1797
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:31 pm
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby No Ney Never » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:21 pm

Where it says that the family will seek compensation, would that be a wife and children?

# 10
tim_noone
Posts: 11087
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 2862 times
Has Liked: 10189 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby tim_noone » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:23 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:Anyone else feel sorry for the perfect stranger in all of this?

Imagine someone croaking it on top of you, or below you or......you get the idea..and you don’t really know them from Adam

How do they define a "Perfect stranger"?

# 11
GodIsADeeJay81
Posts: 3354
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am
Been Liked: 636 times
Has Liked: 1416 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:23 pm

No Ney Never wrote:Where it says that the family will seek compensation, would that be a wife and children?


Yeah, the wife is clearly upset that her husband was busy shafting someone else whilst away on business....

# 12
Hibsclaret
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:00 pm
Been Liked: 463 times
Has Liked: 283 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Hibsclaret » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:25 pm

tim_noone wrote:How do they define a "Perfect stranger"?


Not sure but it sounds like a perfect stranger to me....
This user liked this post: Hipper

# 13
Bosscat
Posts: 5424
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1615 times
Has Liked: 4391 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Bosscat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Firthy wrote:Not sure which is the worst. This or the Fireman Sam story.

Modern day law, society and political correctness is a load of crap. These things used to wind me up, now they just make me sad.

Heard this on the radio this morning ...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... e-49661970

What the bloody hell is the world coming to.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fireman Sam's a bloody kids programme and now he doesn't promote diversity... what next Postman Pat :lol:

Perhaps the Tweenies or The Tellytubbies

# 14
tim_noone
Posts: 11087
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 2862 times
Has Liked: 10189 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby tim_noone » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:29 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:Not sure but it sounds like a perfect stranger to me....

I Fully agree.... Definitely not English though.

# 15
Chobulous
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:27 am
Been Liked: 591 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Chobulous » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:42 am

Couldn't happen over here. The courts would conclude the he was "on a frolic of his own"

# 16
evensteadiereddie
Posts: 4748
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 pm
Been Liked: 1427 times
Has Liked: 4333 times
Location: Staffordshire

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby evensteadiereddie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:06 am

Bosscat wrote:Heard this on the radio this morning ...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... e-49661970

What the bloody hell is the world coming to.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fireman Sam's a bloody kids programme and now he doesn't promote diversity... what next Postman Pat :lol:

Perhaps the Tweenies or The Tellytubbies


If you read the article, it is clear that it is the use of Fireman Sam as the force's mascot that it is the issue not the TV programme which did, indeed, include a female. The service has moved on; it's Fire and Rescue these days and the personnel are classed as firefighters not firemen. To ditch the outdated image makes sense.

# 17
Firthy
Posts: 2382
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:04 am
Been Liked: 791 times
Has Liked: 144 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Firthy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:16 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:If you read the article, it is clear that it is the use of Fireman Sam as the force's mascot that it is the issue not the TV programme which did, indeed, include a female. The service has moved on; it's Fire and Rescue these days and the personnel are classed as firefighters not firemen. To ditch the outdated image makes sense.


You just proved my point about political correctness. It's a bloody mascot not something used to have a go at the suffragette movement. Maybe the mascot should be gender neutral and Bertie Bee should be changed to Betty Bee.

# 18
Bosscat
Posts: 5424
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1615 times
Has Liked: 4391 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Bosscat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:26 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:If you read the article, it is clear that it is the use of Fireman Sam as the force's mascot that it is the issue not the TV programme which did, indeed, include a female. The service has moved on; it's Fire and Rescue these days and the personnel are classed as firefighters not firemen. To ditch the outdated image makes sense.

Fecksake are you for real :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its no wonder the world is going to hell in a hand basket......

# 19
Bosscat
Posts: 5424
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1615 times
Has Liked: 4391 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Bosscat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:28 am

Firthy wrote:You just proved my point about political correctness. It's a bloody mascot not something used to have a go at the suffragette movement. Maybe the mascot should be gender neutral and Bertie Bee should be changed to Betty Bee.

:lol: :lol: good post m8 :lol: :lol:

# 20
Devils_Advocate
Posts: 4307
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
Been Liked: 1487 times
Has Liked: 287 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Devils_Advocate » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:31 am

Bosscat wrote:Fecksake are you for real :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its no wonder the world is going to hell in a hand basket......

I think the fact something like this gets national coverage and some of the upset and outrage from lots of people on Twitter like they are personally being hurt by this says more to me about the sad way this world is going.

I couldn't care less what the Fire Service do about a stupid mascot and I dont see why anyone else should.

Just to add some balance if there were any groups actively pushing for a change in the mascot then they are as pathetic as those on social media crying about the change

# 21
Chobulous
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:27 am
Been Liked: 591 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Chobulous » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:44 am

Bosscat wrote:Fecksake are you for real :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its no wonder the world is going to hell in a hand basket......

Eddie likes to signal that he ticks all the boxes
This user liked this post: Bosscat

# 22
Bosscat
Posts: 5424
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 1615 times
Has Liked: 4391 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Bosscat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:51 am

Chobulous wrote:Eddie likes to signal that he ticks all the boxes

Soap boxes :lol: :lol:

# 23
Chip Harrison
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 11:16 am
Been Liked: 124 times
Has Liked: 303 times

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Chip Harrison » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:18 pm

The BBC are the ones saying the Company is liable.

It looks to me that the Company were trying to avoid paying the life insurance policy that most British companies provide to all employees. There used to be a common misapprehension that work life insurance was only paid if you died at work. Of course this isn't the case. The state provider is correct, the BBC have tried to sensationalise the story.

What a bloody thing to happen though!

# 24
Alanstevensonsgloves
Posts: 680
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:40 am
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 255 times
Location: From Accy, Exiled in Surrey

Re: The French law is an ass..

Postby Alanstevensonsgloves » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:20 pm

Firthy wrote:You just proved my point about political correctness. It's a bloody mascot not something used to have a go at the suffragette movement. Maybe the mascot should be gender neutral and Bertie Bee should be changed to Betty Bee.


If Bertie Bee was changed to Betty Boo in her early 90s pomp, I'd be very happy :D
This user liked this post: Bosscat


Return to “The Bee Hole End”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Grumps, HieronymousBoschHobs, longsidepies, MSN [Bot], tim_noone, Tribesmen and 180 guests