RATE THE REF - Michael Oliver v Brighton

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

RATE THE REF - Michael Oliver v Brighton

Post by jdrobbo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:59 pm

Michael Oliver (Newcastle) v Brighton

How to Score
A. Decision Making (including use of advantage) - out of 25
B. Consistency - out of 25
C. Fitness and Positioning - of 25
D. Control and Authority - out of 25

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Re: RATE THE REF - Michael Oliver v Brighton

Post by MACCA » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:55 am

17 a few strange calls
14 half a dozen similar incidents with totally different divisions given and punishments handed out.
19 presume he wasnt positioned well enough to call the above incidents
22 one of our quite games to manage down there.

Thankfully it didn't really change the game, here's hoping for Taylor and Atkinson in our next 2 games, they are biggies for us, where we need top referees and some points
Last edited by MACCA on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:03 am

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:25 am

A. 24
B. 24
C. 24
D. 24

Relatively easy game to referee, refereed it excellently.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:40 am

This, sort of, exemplifies what I love about football. I read MACCAs comments and thought they are about right but a little harsh on the scoring side,then I saw CTs. I wonder how long have he and Michael Oliver been bosom buddies!!!!!!?

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:31 am

Corky wrote:This, sort of, exemplifies what I love about football. I read MACCAs comments and thought they are about right but a little harsh on the scoring side,then I saw CTs. I wonder how long have he and Michael Oliver been bosom buddies!!!!!!?
Just before Lennon got booked, he missed Lawton being wiped out after playing the ball, they broke we picked up a booking as they countered.

Barnes takes a high boot FK given
Maupay takes high boot FK given and yellow card

Lawton clears the ball minimal contact from forward goes down, play on ( you know the type of "challenge" ) we have to continue to defend the pressure

Tarky does similar to in Brighton box when they clear and we are hoping to keep pressure on, actually zero contact, FK given, game broken up pressure off.

Regularly blew / let go same type of challenges go, and let cards go for same fouls and not others, all depending which team committed them it seems....

Not game changes but certainly helped them ease the pressure or build the pressure as and when they wanted/needed too.

Think he's been the worst this season, not appallingly bad, just the others have been good to very good I've thought so far

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:53 pm

Corky wrote:This, sort of, exemplifies what I love about football. I read MACCAs comments and thought they are about right but a little harsh on the scoring side,then I saw CTs. I wonder how long have he and Michael Oliver been bosom buddies!!!!!!?
It’s how I saw the performance from my position in the ground. I’m not a big fan of Oliver but not once yesterday did I find myself questioning him.

I always ensure I mark before seeing anything back on tv and if I’ve seen any tv highlights I rightly don’t mark. I’ve since seen the Westwood incident which might have been a red. But I thought he refereed the game well. No complaints at all.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Tony, I see this as a bit of fun. I wasn't criticising just emphasising a point. We are all sat in the same corner of the ground but ask for views on incidents and you will get a hundred different comments. For example at the end of the game when walking off, my son said that we had ended playing 433 how modern is that. And I thought we sort of had, but no doubt some will think otherwise.