Dog breeders.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Heathclaret
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Dog breeders.

Post by Heathclaret » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Hello fellow Clarets,

I have looked on line and found it to be a bit of a mine field, so I thought I would ask on here, does anyone breed or know a breeder of Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs.

Thanks in advance.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18215 times

Re: Dog breeders.

Post by Bosscat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Heathclaret wrote:Hello fellow Clarets,

I have looked on line and found it to be a bit of a mine field, so I thought I would ask on here, does anyone breed or know a breeder of Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs.

Thanks in advance.
Have you tried contacting the Kennel Club ???

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Just get a dog from a rescue centre. There are far too many dogs needing homes already; no need to line the pockets of breeders.
These 4 users liked this post: Oshkoshclaret Croydon Claret Bosscat ClaretTony

Heathclaret
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by Heathclaret » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:10 pm

Corky wrote:Just get a dog from a rescue centre. There are far too many dogs needing homes already; no need to line the pockets of breeders.

Good advice, however, it’s not possible, I have put off getting a Ridgeback for many years as I didn’t have the time to devote to having a dog. A colleague of mine, many years ago, had one and I promised myself that one day, I would buy one.

There is a group who rescue Ridgebacks, but with my family set up, it would make sense to have one from a puppy.

Thanks anyway.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3605 times

Post by DCWat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:48 pm

Heathclaret wrote:Good advice, however, it’s not possible, I have put off getting a Ridgeback for many years as I didn’t have the time to devote to having a dog. A colleague of mine, many years ago, had one and I promised myself that one day, I would buy one.

There is a group who rescue Ridgebacks, but with my family set up, it would make sense to have one from a puppy.

Thanks anyway.
Above post re the kennel club is a good starting point. They list registered breeders, by the type of dog(s) that they breed.

I think some, if not all, have links and from there you can see if there are any pups ready now or in the near future.

There are some scummy breeders out there so KC registered should hopefully be better ones.