Jeremy Vine interviewing David Cameron

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
fanzone
Been Liked: 226 times
Has Liked: 65 times

Jeremy Vine interviewing David Cameron

Post by fanzone » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:36 pm

Played a clip of Danny Dyer calling Cameron a TvvAt live on the radio today, I don't usually like Jeremy Vine but today he dragged Cameron through the ringer on top of calling him a Tvvat.

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 999 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Re: Jeremy Vine interviewing David Cameron

Post by LeadBelly » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:44 pm

I'm not sure why Cameron has written the book (that's led to current publicity), he hardly needs the money (though I think he got a ridiculously big advance for something that I cant see breaking any sales records).
I guess he wants to justify his actions for posterity but I doubt v much that will work out for him- just more deserved criticism coming his way.

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:53 pm

LeadBelly wrote:I'm not sure why Cameron has written the book (that's led to current publicity), he hardly needs the money (though I think he got a ridiculously big advance for something that I cant see breaking any sales records).
I guess he wants to justify his actions for posterity but I doubt v much that will work out for him- just more deserved criticism coming his way.
I am sure. He remains a remainer.

fanzone

Post by fanzone » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:10 pm

LeadBelly wrote:I'm not sure why Cameron has written the book (that's led to current publicity), he hardly needs the money (though I think he got a ridiculously big advance for something that I cant see breaking any sales records).
All profits from the book going to charity

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:23 pm

fanzone wrote:Played a clip of Danny Dyer calling Cameron a TvvAt live on the radio today, I don't usually like Jeremy Vine but today he dragged Cameron through the ringer on top of calling him a Tvvat.
Didn't realise Danny Dyer spoke with a russian accent ;)
This user liked this post: longsidepies

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:33 pm

Cameron should be locked up for the chaos that he's caused. The most incompetent prime minister of all time. Hapless is just too go a word for him. The timing of this book is just so ridiculous. From what i gather, it's full of stupid anecdotes about how he used to smoke dope at Eton, managing to escape exclusion whilst his friends were thrown out and how he managed to persuade the Queen to perhaps sway the Scottish independence vote in his favour by making that comment. He really should try and keep his mouth shut before he lands himself and the country in any more trouble.
This user liked this post: IanMcL

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:50 pm

dermotdermot wrote:Cameron should be locked up for the chaos that he's caused. The most incompetent prime minister of all time.
Absolute tripe.

There was/still is many euro skeptics in his party putting the pressure on him & also many defecting to UKIP, he put it to the people expecting a landslide remain vote & leave won.

The 'chaos' that has resulted is purely from incompetent politicians.

Imagine if all the energy spent bickering/pushing for a second referendum/people's vote was instead focused into securing a proper Brexit it'd have all been sorted by now.

That's all

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:12 pm

That’s your opinion. That’s all.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:46 am

There’s also the fact that when people were predicting that Cameron’s so-called austerity would risk unemployment rising “by millions” the exact opposite happened - his tax cuts for the low paid created millions -yes, millions- of jobs.

What he achieved in the labour market in the UK is genuinely as close to an economic miracle as you get.

The two PMs who sandwiched his era can fight it out for the most inept but Cameron doesn’t come close.

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2316 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by fatboy47 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:40 am

Rowls,s economic miracle and creation of millions of jobs are a realists exploitation of a ginormous pool of easily accessed cheap labour.

Good interview though..nice to see the pig abusing, tenner burning chinless Bullngdon crew being shown for what they are

.Rats turning on each other. Great TV.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie longsidepies

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:34 am

Just Tories going about their normal business.

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 714 times
Has Liked: 1998 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:52 am

Given I was effectively on a pay cut for the last 9 years as a civil servant, had my pension stripped back and then to top it all off Brexit, i think he deserves every criticism he gets.
This user liked this post: dougcollins

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:35 pm

I didn’t really need any more convincing but the programme once again showed that you cannot trust the Tories any further than you could throw them.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:59 pm

m

Generally something ex pm’s do regardless of their party politics . He’s plugging it hard as per his publishers contract and his obligations

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:01 pm

Rowls wrote:There’s also the fact that when people were predicting that Cameron’s so-called austerity would risk unemployment rising “by millions” the exact opposite happened - his tax cuts for the low paid created millions -yes, millions- of jobs.

What he achieved in the labour market in the UK is genuinely as close to an economic miracle as you get.

The two PMs who sandwiched his era can fight it out for the most inept but Cameron doesn’t come close.
“So called austerity” was very real. Fifty percent cut to local government. Huge cuts to welfare spending, police, armed forces, civil service, lots of things sold off on the cheap like Royal Mail, and he still managed to double our national debt. You could argue the cuts weren’t deep enough if you wanted more people to die. As for jobs, he did create a lot, but only after cutting a lot. Wages are still below 2007 levels, so these jobs were mostly zero hour McJobs.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:03 pm

fanzone wrote:Played a clip of Danny Dyer calling Cameron a TvvAt live on the radio today, I don't usually like Jeremy Vine but today he dragged Cameron through the ringer on top of calling him a Tvvat.
It’s good see political colossus of our times Danny Dyers words of wisdom being quoted

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:22 pm

You're saying Cameron's not a t wat ?
Interesting.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:31 pm

fatboy47 wrote:Rowls,s economic miracle and creation of millions of jobs are a realists exploitation of a ginormous pool of easily accessed cheap labour.

Good interview though..nice to see the pig abusing, tenner burning chinless Bullngdon crew being shown for what they are

.Rats turning on each other. Great TV.
What Rowls fails to say is that anyone who isn't on Unemployment benefit is classed as being employed.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:30 pm

The chaos has been caused by 650 MPs or 650-Sinn Fein for their inability and for many down right cussedness to carry out the will of the majority who voted in the referendum.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:34 pm

fanzone wrote:I don't like Jeremy Vine but today he dragged Cameron through the ringer on top of calling him a Tvvat.
How the Tvvat Jeremy Vine has the nerve to call anyone a Tvvat is unbelievable (even if in this case he was 110% correct :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:27 pm

It is amusing that when Cameron was PM he wouldn't go anywhere near a TV interview and avoid scrutiny from the media like the plague. But now he's got a book to plug he's all over the place!!

Why has no-one asked him the obvious question yet though - did you put the offer of a referendum in the Tory manifesto because you were scared of UKIP?

fanzone

Post by fanzone » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:46 pm

Foulthrow wrote:It is amusing that when Cameron was PM he wouldn't go anywhere near a TV interview and avoid scrutiny from the media like the plague. But now he's got a book to plug he's all over the place!!

Why has no-one asked him the obvious question yet though - did you put the offer of a referendum in the Tory manifesto because you were scared of UKIP?

All profit from his book is going to charity

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:24 pm

dermotdermot wrote:Cameron should be locked up for the chaos that he's caused. The most incompetent prime minister of all time. Hapless is just too go a word for him. The timing of this book is just so ridiculous. From what i gather, it's full of stupid anecdotes about how he used to smoke dope at Eton, managing to escape exclusion whilst his friends were thrown out and how he managed to persuade the Queen to perhaps sway the Scottish independence vote in his favour by making that comment. He really should try and keep his mouth shut before he lands himself and the country in any more trouble.
You think.hes more incompetent than May? Hes up.there I'll give you that but she takes some beating along with a warmonger and one who gave away all our gold reserves at rock bottom prices and thinks he's a financial wizard. Where do we get them from?

Pimlico_Claret
Been Liked: 614 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:28 pm

Rowls wrote:There’s also the fact that when people were predicting that Cameron’s so-called austerity would risk unemployment rising “by millions” the exact opposite happened - his tax cuts for the low paid created millions -yes, millions- of jobs.

Can never quite decide whether to argue with you, or feel sorry for you.
This user liked this post: Greenmile