IPTV the end?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
karatekid
Been Liked: 1103 times
Has Liked: 316 times

IPTV the end?

Post by karatekid » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:39 am

Could be the end, for a while anyway, after police raids and the main Xtreme Codes panel was taken down in Italy. :(

Bertiebeehead
Been Liked: 567 times
Has Liked: 684 times

Re: IPTV the end?

Post by Bertiebeehead » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:42 am

End of this thread

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:32 am

Until the next, "Anyone got a link for Saturday?" question!
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat GodIsADeeJay81

BertiesBeehole
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 2485 times

Post by BertiesBeehole » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:34 am

SSNI already moving over to a new provider, but XC has gone.
They’ll be disruption but someone will always fill the gap.

claret wizard
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by claret wizard » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:59 am

It is totally crazy that there is not a legal way to purchase a reliable (taxable and saleable) stream of every Premier League game. All the big American Sports have this capability. In the meantime we make criminals of those trying to satisfy the demand.

Paulclaret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by Paulclaret » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:07 am

claret wizard wrote:It is totally crazy that there is not a legal way to purchase a reliable (taxable and saleable) stream of every Premier League game. All the big American Sports have this capability. In the meantime we make criminals of those trying to satisfy the demand.
If that happens, Burnley's stay in the Premier League will end. With franchises, as in the US, all the clubs are free to negotiate their own TV deals for the most money possible. If that happens in England, all TV channels will fall over themselves to pay the top clubs the money they want. The rest of us will get the leftovers and the money we receive will virtually disappear, and without a Billionaire owner, our stay at the 'top table' will come to an end.
These 3 users liked this post: ClaretTony Buxtonclaret DCWat

claret wizard
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by claret wizard » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:18 am

Paulclaret wrote: With franchises, as in the US, all the clubs are free to negotiate their own TV deals for the most money possible.
That's not how MLB works.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:30 am

Each sport and country sets it's own rules. No reason for things to change. It is not in the interest of the giants to just beat minnows every week. The competition is what helps sell the PL rights.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:43 am

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/police- ... bscribers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Give it a couple of weeks and a new system will be up and running. Theres too much money to be made

fanzone
Been Liked: 226 times
Has Liked: 65 times

Post by fanzone » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:06 pm

While it's being shown in other country's at 3pm someone somewhere will be able to stream it

Moorite
Been Liked: 200 times
Has Liked: 108 times

Post by Moorite » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:44 pm

The Premier League could get rid of using Sky and BT and just host the games themselves on either an APP or online service like Amazon Prime. They could charge pretty much whatever they would like. Clubs receive an amount based on league position rather size of the club.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:48 pm

Paulclaret wrote:If that happens, Burnley's stay in the Premier League will end. With franchises, as in the US, all the clubs are free to negotiate their own TV deals for the most money possible. If that happens in England, all TV channels will fall over themselves to pay the top clubs the money they want. The rest of us will get the leftovers and the money we receive will virtually disappear, and without a Billionaire owner, our stay at the 'top table' will come to an end.
Not necessarily. Surely only the big 6 will have that kind of privilege, meaning that not just us but the other 14 clubs (with maybe a couple of exceptions) will be in the same boat. Therefore nothing much will change (I assume) because apart from the top clubs we will ALL be skint. The make up of the league will remain pretty much the same (the top 6 pretty much being cast in stone even now) so the rest just chasing the 'best of the rest' spot (which we have proudly won). I realise that we have not got the support of say West Ham or Everton but gate receipts don't count for much now anyway.
Much has been made of the TV money from Sky (a curse at best these days in my view) but even though we are getting a share of that we are still one of the poorest clubs, in terms of income, in the division and as such we still have to endure the difficulties that that money brings (wages and transfer fees). In fact there is an argument that transfer fees and wages may need to come DOWN because of the reduced income for most clubs because it would only affect the top players who, overwhelmingly, will go to the big 6 anyway.

All this is hypothetical but something has to give to break the awful monopoly that the dreadful Sky (a truly terrible company in my view) has (pretty much) on football in this country.
The stupid money in football now that will surely kill the game in the long term is down to them.
The ridiculous kick-off times (Sunday and Monday evenings FFS) are down to them (mainly) meaning some season ticket holders can't get to games because of work commitments (and who the hell would travel to Southampton on a Monday night?).
The dreadful over-hyping of the PL (the best league in the world - don't make me laugh) to exclusion of other levels of football is down to them.
I know a lot of people think that Sky money is the lifeblood of football but if it wasn't there it wouldn't be missed in the longer term because clubs would have to cut cloth accordingly and without it I'm certain that the 100k plus per week players would be at a minimum because even billionaires will only fund so much. Nowhere in the world (apart from possibly Venezuala) can we see inflation like we have in football in this country and it cannot continue without something giving.
These 3 users liked this post: claretfern icu81b4 Buxtonclaret

Spike
Been Liked: 595 times
Has Liked: 1225 times

Post by Spike » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:59 pm

I did not get Sky until we got in the Premier League.

Anyone trying to sell it to me was quickly dispatched being told I refuse to pay to anything where Rovers get more brass back from it than we do

Paulclaret

Post by Paulclaret » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:09 pm

"Not necessarily. Surely only the big 6 will have that kind of privilege, meaning that not just us but the other 14 clubs (with maybe a couple of exceptions) will be in the same boat. Therefore nothing much will change (I assume) because apart from the top clubs we will ALL be skint"

Sorry, I can't agree with this. The perceived bigger clubs (not just the 'big 6') will always be on TV more than the likes of Burnley. You just have to look at the number of times Newcastle are on in the current schedule. There are also a good number of teams not currently in the Premier League (Leeds being the obvious example) that TV would prefer to show rather than us. If a 'free for all' became the norm, we would soon be a long way behind most of the other clubs in terms of TV revenue.

I dislike what Sky has done to football, but they, or some other similar company, are here to stay and we have to try and get our share of the money in order to try and compete as best we can.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Paulclaret wrote:"Not necessarily. Surely only the big 6 will have that kind of privilege, meaning that not just us but the other 14 clubs (with maybe a couple of exceptions) will be in the same boat. Therefore nothing much will change (I assume) because apart from the top clubs we will ALL be skint"

Sorry, I can't agree with this. The perceived bigger clubs (not just the 'big 6') will always be on TV more than the likes of Burnley. You just have to look at the number of times Newcastle are on in the current schedule. There are also a good number of teams not currently in the Premier League (Leeds being the obvious example) that TV would prefer to show rather than us. If a 'free for all' became the norm, we would soon be a long way behind most of the other clubs in terms of TV revenue.

I dislike what Sky has done to football, but they, or some other similar company, are here to stay and we have to try and get our share of the money in order to try and compete as best we can.
Good points but I doubt if any club, however big, would get more TV money than a PL club. Leeds are are a big club, yes, so are WBA and one or two others (including Sunderland) but they are still not PL clubs and as such I can't see them being as saleable.
I don't mind clubs getting TV money as such but the TV companies should be told, prior to any contractual agreement, that the football authorities not them, will be in control of fixtures. It may result in very much reduced income all round but at least the TV company, whoever it be, wouldn't be calling all the shots. There should also be a much bigger filter down to the lower divisions than there is now.

Paulclaret

Post by Paulclaret » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:40 pm

I was meaning that, should the clubs you mention get into the Premier League, they would all be ahead of us in terms of TV appearances. I agree that it's unlikely until then.

I also agree with the idea of more money filtering through to the lower divisions, but doubt it will ever happen. The top clubs don't like giving money away.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:19 pm

houseboy wrote:Good points but I doubt if any club, however big, would get more TV money than a PL club. Leeds are are a big club, yes, so are WBA and one or two others (including Sunderland) but they are still not PL clubs and as such I can't see them being as saleable.
I don't mind clubs getting TV money as such but the TV companies should be told, prior to any contractual agreement, that the football authorities not them, will be in control of fixtures. It may result in very much reduced income all round but at least the TV company, whoever it be, wouldn't be calling all the shots. There should also be a much bigger filter down to the lower divisions than there is now.
No Leeds aren't a big club.

Their trophy haul will help prove this, as will the fact they've been outside of the PL since 2004 now so pretty much a generation.
Their ground is also in need of some major work because it wasn't that long ago some of it was closed off due to safety concerns I think I read.

They just happen to be in a one club city with a largish fan base, like Newcastle, so yeah they've got people who'd watch them on TV, but that's one reason why they're on TV a lot.

They struggle to sell out Elland road regularly, unless they're having a good season like the last one at an average of 34k a game, but a about 4 years ago they averaged 22k at home over the course of a season.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:33 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:No Leeds aren't a big club.

Their trophy haul will help prove this, as will the fact they've been outside of the PL since 2004 now so pretty much a generation.
Their ground is also in need of some major work because it wasn't that long ago some of it was closed off due to safety concerns I think I read.

They just happen to be in a one club city with a largish fan base, like Newcastle, so yeah they've got people who'd watch them on TV, but that's one reason why they're on TV a lot.

They struggle to sell out Elland road regularly, unless they're having a good season like the last one at an average of 34k a game, but a about 4 years ago they averaged 22k at home over the course of a season.
Leeds are a big club.

Just not a successful one recently.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:45 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Leeds are a big club.

Just not a successful one recently.
Just one more top flight title than Burnley.

The Inter city fairs cup twice.
A league and FA cup, plus a couple charity shields.

Burnley's trophy haul is pretty similar yet how the club is viewed in the football world is vastly different to the ******** over the size of Leeds.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:59 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Just one more top flight title than Burnley.

The Inter city fairs cup twice.
A league and FA cup, plus a couple charity shields.

Burnley's trophy haul is pretty similar yet how the club is viewed in the football world is vastly different to the ******** over the size of Leeds.
Hardly similar really unless you discount 2 Fairs Cup and the League Cup :D

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:03 pm

JohnMac wrote:Hardly similar really unless you discount 2 Fairs Cup and the League Cup :D
Yeah but if it wasnt for the extra league title, the two fairs cups, the league cup and the charity shield then what have the Romans ever done for us!
These 3 users liked this post: JohnMac Bosscat houseboy

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:16 pm

Even though I don't really like Leeds you have to admit they're a big club. If they got promoted they could probably fill Elland road twice over, and you can't knock their away support. Best in the country along with the Geordies for me.

kaptin1
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by kaptin1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:49 pm

Follows on from two of the main free movie apps, Popcorntime and Cotomovies, being taken down last week following a lawsuit by the makers of Hellboy.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:15 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:No Leeds aren't a big club.

No worries mate. I don't think anyone on here should go down the Leeds are a big club/not a big club road. It has been done to death. No-one has ever managed to agree what defines a big club - is it trophies? Then Huddersfield are a pretty big club (and so are Rovers). Is it crowds? Then West Ham and Newcastle (who have a fairly poor trophy haul between them) are big clubs. Are West Ham bigger than us? They are generally considered to be but yet they have never been champions of England, which we have done twice.

To be fair to Leeds (and not many are on here to be honest) I think a 34k average in the Championship is pretty damned impressive really. Even a 22k average when doing badly in the Championship is pretty good.

I wouldn't let a hatred of Leeds cloud what is fairly obvious: historically they aren't much but the last 50 years have seen them win far more than us on far, far bigger crowds.
Last 50 years (actually 51 years to be precise):
3 league championships.
2 Fairs Cups (now Europa)
1 FA Cup
2 Charity Shields
1 league cup
All since we last won anything of real note.
I don't know if Leeds are a big club or not but I would trade their trophy haul for ours any day.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:21 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Yeah but if it wasnt for the extra league title, the two fairs cups, the league cup and the charity shield then what have the Romans ever done for us!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:44 pm

zero chance of it being the end of eye pee tee vee

mealdeal
Been Liked: 81 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mealdeal » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:25 pm

I’m not really up on all this and don’t know what has actually been done to stop it other than some servers being seized in a raid. Everyone seems quite relaxed about it, when isn’t there the chance that law enforcement have just recovered the details of 50m copyright infringers?

Like I say, I’m not up on IPTV and whether that is the case or not, or even if being a consumer (rather than provider or distributor) of copyright material is even illegal, but isn’t it a thought?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:38 pm

JohnMac wrote:Hardly similar really unless you discount 2 Fairs Cup and the League Cup :D
Still hardly makes them the footballing giant that they're made out to be :lol:

kaptin1

Post by kaptin1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:23 pm

mealdeal wrote:I’m not really up on all this and don’t know what has actually been done to stop it other than some servers being seized in a raid. Everyone seems quite relaxed about it, when isn’t there the chance that law enforcement have just recovered the details of 50m copyright infringers?

Like I say, I’m not up on IPTV and whether that is the case or not, or even if being a consumer (rather than provider or distributor) of copyright material is even illegal, but isn’t it a thought?
I would imagine the legal bill involved with trying to sue 50 million people would be far too high to make it worthwhile. What they are really trying to do is stop supply. It’s similar to drugs I suppose, you don’t go after the end users but target the suppliers. That said, it may act as a deterrent to others if some end users were targeted for legal action.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:33 pm

kaptin1 wrote:I would imagine the legal bill involved with trying to sue 50 million people would be far too high to make it worthwhile. What they are really trying to do is stop supply. It’s similar to drugs I suppose, you don’t go after the end users but target the suppliers. That said, it may act as a deterrent to others if some end users were targeted for legal action.
Who would they prosecute and how?

Can they pinpoint individuals by IP addresses? Prove, who in the house uses it?

The majority use VPNs now.

kaptin1

Post by kaptin1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:48 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Who would they prosecute and how?

Can they pinpoint individuals by IP addresses? Prove, who in the house uses it?

The majority use VPNs now.
All very good points, hence why I agree it would be very unlikely end users are prosecuted

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:54 pm

any decent iptv provider also has a vpn at their end too

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:59 pm

Not recommending prosecutions at all but if folk are paying monthly/annual charges the supplier must have a record of payments to know when your subs run out.
They should start prosecuting drug end users; they are accomplices to murder and mayhem.

mealdeal
Been Liked: 81 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mealdeal » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:09 pm

I can see a bunch of copyright troll lawyers chancing their arms on behalf of copyright holders. Might chisel a few quid out of people with threatening letters

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:33 pm

kaptin1 wrote:All very good points, hence why I agree it would be very unlikely end users are prosecuted
They're questions I'm half asking mate.

I don't know all the answers. There's a few more tech people on here who might.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:35 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:Not recommending prosecutions at all but if folk are paying monthly/annual charges the supplier must have a record of payments to know when your subs run out.
They should start prosecuting drug end users; they are accomplices to murder and mayhem.
People pay one off yearly sums to people not linked to the operation.

Just like any decent drug dealer, there won't be any trace back.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:50 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:People pay one off yearly sums to people not linked to the operation.

especially if you pay with something like Bitcoin

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:27 pm

The good news is that my book club has restored service and the Southampton v Bournemouth match is alive and well.
This user liked this post: Raggus

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:28 pm

IanMcL wrote:The good news is that my book club has restored service and the Southampton v Bournemouth match is alive and well.
Good to hear Ian. I think we are members of the same "book club". Is their app up and running again or are you accessing it via another method?

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:36 pm

Filelinked then Heisenberg.
This user liked this post: Foulthrow

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:14 pm

Itl never go

Simple.migration to another panel and away we go.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:05 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:Not recommending prosecutions at all but if folk are paying monthly/annual charges the supplier must have a record of payments to know when your subs run out.
£25 for 6 months cash in hand to a friend of a friend of a friend :D

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:20 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:People pay one off yearly sums to people not linked to the operation.

It seems to have affected 150 million users across Europe. The details on hard drives which have been seized have all the X-Treme codes on them. These codes are what are given out to customers to access the servers.

Now not up on these codes but I am imagining that these are given to the people who supply us. This means the people in the pub we get it off will next to be gotten at. The feds have been involved with this as well as European police and they have said they want as many prosecuted as possible. The hard drives are believed to contain the bank details of 50 million subscribers

Personally think is Amazon, Netflix and Disney all trying to clear the way for trying to obtain the Prem rights (amongst other thing) next time they go up for sale. Trting to obliterate the illegal market before taking control.

wickdkewlclaret
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by wickdkewlclaret » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:23 am

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:£25 for 6 months cash in hand to a friend of a friend of a friend :D
Done the exact same! Streams are meant to be back up and running within a week no panic.
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

yosserhughes
Been Liked: 36 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by yosserhughes » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:13 am

Mine has gone off today they are hoping to get it back up and running by tomorrow or latest Monday.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:57 am

There's other options out there for free.

Foulthrow

Post by Foulthrow » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:25 pm

IanMcL wrote:Filelinked then Heisenberg.
Nothing working for me on Heisenberg :(

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:28 pm

Use this

http://Soccerstreams100.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Every game in HD

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:30 pm

Foulthrow wrote:Nothing working for me on Heisenberg :(
I think there may have been a mod to Heisenberg, so if you already had it, best to download again and the mod will take effect.
This user liked this post: Foulthrow

Foulthrow

Post by Foulthrow » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:05 pm

Will give it a go