Trump's Impeachment

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Re: Trump's Corruption

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:14 pm

The senate has unanimously called for Trump to release the whistleblower's complaint to congress. Not even the Republicans can quite stomach defending Trump's decision to allow his Acting DNI to break the law on this issue.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Time for Trump to take himself into a room with Boris Johnson, a bottle of scotch and maybe he can borrow a service revolver from someone who didn't dodge military service.
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:10 am

Stolen unashamedly from twitter

"Congrats to Trump on finally being ****** by a woman his own age"
These 3 users liked this post: ZizkovClaret Lord Beamish IanMcL

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:27 am

For anyone who uses Twitter a lot I thought the way Greta Thunberg subtly owned Trump yesterday with her bio update was beautiful.

It was a little unfair as there is clearly a big mismatch intelligence wise between the two of them
These 4 users liked this post: Lord Beamish Lord Beamish Imploding Turtle willsclarets

willsclarets
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:45 pm

I don't see how he'll be impeached for this. The evidence that the call details validate the idea he was withholding aid in return for politically motivated favours is or looks to me, circumstantial. My personal opinion is on reflection of the evidence, is that he's bang to rights. But is that enough for impeachment? I think he'll worm out of it again.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:35 pm

Nothing ever happens

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:04 pm

willsclarets wrote:I don't see how he'll be impeached for this. The evidence that the call details validate the idea he was withholding aid in return for politically motivated favours is or looks to me, circumstantial. My personal opinion is on reflection of the evidence, is that he's bang to rights. But is that enough for impeachment? I think he'll worm out of it again.
1. You don't know how impeachment works.
2. You don't know the value of circumstantial evidence.
3. He's not wormed out of anything

Regarding 1. Yes, he will almost certainly be impeached. For this and probably for a whole host of other **** he's done. He'll be acquitted in the senate trial because for him to be convicted and removed from office would require 67 senate votes, and Republicans have absolutely no shame in voting in Trump's favour. But the House will almost certainly impeach him because what we already know is clearly impeachable.

Regarding 2. There's nothing wrong with circumstantial evidence. Almost all evidence is circumstantial evidence and yes, despite the **** you see and learn from TV shows circumstantial evidence is plenty strong enough for a conviction in criminal trials. Not that this is a criminal trial.

Regarding 3. He's still on the hook for obstruction of justice a bunch of times as laid out in the Mueller Report. If he loses re-election next year then you can be absolutely certain that he'll be on trial those crimes because the statute on them doesn't expire until 2022. He's not wormed out of a damn thing.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:32 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:"Impeach? I'm not peach. It's the climate change lightbulbs making me look peach".

Are you sure? Its not your mother feeding you your soldiers dipped into your 3 minute bouled egg?

LongsideFacingUp
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by LongsideFacingUp » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:53 pm

It's gonna be hilarious on here when he gets re-elected.
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:45 am

So that's one of you out of the closet on supporting Trump no matter what he does.

Anyway, this is funny.

Christ Christie, who knows a thing or two about being a corrupt motherfucker, said this before Trump released his notes on the call claiming to have said exactly what Christie said would put him in trouble.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:35 am

tarkys_ears wrote:Great guy! I love him!
Ignoramus Brexiteer i presume?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:06 am

Taffy on the wing wrote:Ignoramus Brexiteer i presume?

Just a dumb troll who can't come up with anything actually funny.

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:08 am

Gone by Christmas ?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:17 am

AndyClaret wrote:Gone by Christmas ?
I doubt enough Republicans in the Senate will vote to convict him. Especially since Trump seems to be making it absolutely clear that if this is going to take him down then he's taking the Vice-President down with him - https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/ ... ls-1512771" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And if that happened then the Republicans convicting him and Mike Pence would in effect be voting to elevate Speaker Pelosi to the presidency (next in line after the VP), and i'm pretty sure they'd rather see a gay black Mexican muslim as president than put in a Democrat.

*However, it is very interesting that by 100-0 in the Senate, and 421-0 in the House, congress have demanded that Trump release the whistleblower complaint to them. The fact that even one of them was unanimous surprises me.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:31 am

Has he been impeached yet?
These 2 users liked this post: FredClaret AndyClaret

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:29 am

One funny thing about all this is the Trump's going to be impeached for trying to leverage US foreign policy and national security to extort a foreign leader for personal political gain against Joe Biden in next years election, but Joe Biden probably isn't even going to be the Democratic nominee. Elizabeth Warren is overtaking him.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:36 am

Bet he doesn’t get impeached. The hilarity of it all the rabid lefty loonies will be frothing at the mouth once again.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:48 am

Right_winger wrote:Bet he doesn’t get impeached. The hilarity of it all the rabid lefty loonies will be frothing at the mouth once again.
Of course he'll be impeached. There's already enough support for it. He probably won't be removed though, if that's what you mean but just don't know what you're talking about.

And look at how comfortable you are with this blatant criminality that instead of accepting how corrupt he is you get all childish about attacking "the left". You're pathetic.

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:51 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:1. You don't know how impeachment works.
2. You don't know the value of circumstantial evidence.
3. He's not wormed out of anything

Regarding 1. Yes, he will almost certainly be impeached. For this and probably for a whole host of other **** he's done. He'll be acquitted in the senate trial because for him to be convicted and removed from office would require 67 senate votes, and Republicans have absolutely no shame in voting in Trump's favour. But the House will almost certainly impeach him because what we already know is clearly impeachable.

Regarding 2. There's nothing wrong with circumstantial evidence. Almost all evidence is circumstantial evidence and yes, despite the **** you see and learn from TV shows circumstantial evidence is plenty strong enough for a conviction in criminal trials. Not that this is a criminal trial.

Regarding 3. He's still on the hook for obstruction of justice a bunch of times as laid out in the Mueller Report. If he loses re-election next year then you can be absolutely certain that he'll be on trial those crimes because the statute on them doesn't expire until 2022. He's not wormed out of a damn thing.
Your manner is so needlessly combative and patronising.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:54 am

willsclarets wrote:Your manner is so needlessly combative and patronising.
You think that was combative and patronising? :roll:

I've genuinely tried to help you have a better understanding of things you've demonstrated you misunderstand, i've done it with good intentions, and all you can take from it is that i hurt your feelings. Lol. ******* good. If that is enough to hurt your feelings then they deserve to be hurt.

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:09 am

I'm not in the least hurt, all I said was your tone was unnecessarily patronising and combative.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:10 am

willsclarets wrote:I'm not in the least hurt, all I said was your tone was unnecessarily patronising and combative.
It was neither. You misinterpreted it.

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:10 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Of course he'll be impeached. There's already enough support for it. He probably won't be removed though, if that's what you mean but just don't know what you're talking about.

And look at how comfortable you are with this blatant criminality that instead of accepting how corrupt he is you get all childish about attacking "the left". You're pathetic.
We’ll see. All this bluff and bluster about Trump before he got put into office and look he’s still there winding up all
You goons.

What trumps being doing is what all politicians do, just the democrats fear him so are getting all hysterical about him.

Seems like you are too Turtle. But we all know that you are an intolerant wet wipe.

Trump and Johnson must really be boiling your yellow blood right now.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:27 am

Anyone think he will resign rather than being impeached? He knows as President he has become part of American history but he won't want to be remembered for being impeached.

Another question. Is the threat of impeachment more powerful than actual impeachment?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:28 am

Right_winger wrote:We’ll see. All this bluff and bluster about Trump before he got put into office and look he’s still there winding up all
You goons.

What trumps being doing is what all politicians do, just the democrats fear him so are getting all hysterical about him.

Seems like you are too Turtle. But we all know that you are an intolerant wet wipe.

Trump and Johnson must really be boiling your yellow blood right now.
What an absolute clueless numbnuts you are
These 4 users liked this post: Spijed Lord Beamish Imploding Turtle Bordeauxclaret

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:47 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:What an absolute clueless numbnuts you are
Indeed. Threads like these, and indeed times like these, really bring out the worst in some people.
These 3 users liked this post: Devils_Advocate Lancasterclaret Imploding Turtle

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:09 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:What an absolute clueless numbnuts you are
Whatever princess.

Yawn.....

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:18 am

Thanks for your input right winger, always appreciated.

Now, anyone think this is enough to even get past the senate stage?

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:38 am

While “ right winger” may well be a “ numbnuts” ( whatever the feck that is ) what he typed is surely mainly correct ? In the sense that Trump is doing what politicians do and winding up his liberal opposition into a frenzy. While the man himself is an odious tool , generally speaking his presidency thus far is quite successful economically .

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:46 am

AlargeClaret wrote:While “ right winger” may well be a “ numbnuts” ( whatever the feck that is ) what he typed is surely mainly correct ? In the sense that Trump is doing what politicians do and winding up his liberal opposition into a frenzy. While the man himself is an odious tool , generally speaking his presidency thus far is quite successful economically .
Well, that depends on if you expect politicians to be like Trump doesn't it?

To me, Trump isn't a politician, he's a businessman (not a very good one) who uses every trick in the book to get a deal, and he's not bothered about the consequences. He's not used to not being 100% in charge.

Its incompatible in a liberal democracy because you need to have checks on absolute power.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:57 am

Trump is the most dangerous man on Earth.
Johnson is the most dangerous man in UK.

Neither have a shred of a moral compass, they stamped on it, as children.

They inhabit their own world, which includes the essential need to deny everything that interferes with that personal world.

Trump response today...."It's a hoax".

aggi
Been Liked: 2114 times

Post by aggi » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:16 pm

I'd be amused if this turned out to be true
https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeDelMoro/ ... 7237581826" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:30 pm

Director Maguire's testimony begins now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNDIOd4Dqa4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:36 pm

aggi wrote:I'd be amused if this turned out to be true
https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeDelMoro/ ... 7237581826" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The complaint has been declassified and release and that's exactly what it says.

Sometimes the cover-up is worse than the crime, but given how massive this scandal is that's probably not the case this time.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:37 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:The complaint has been declassified and release and that's exactly what it says.

Sometimes the cover-up is worse than the crime, but given how massive this scandal is that's probably not the case this time.
But her e-mails.......

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:58 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:But her e-mails.......

There's a lot of things funny about all this, and yes, that his obedient followers have for years screeched "but her emails" because they pretended to care about national security is one of them, but even more amusing is that for years now they've been defending him with "No Collusion" being their slogan. Indeed it has been Trump's personal slogan this whole time too, and his followers have claimed that because he didn't personally seek to collude with foreign interests for his own personal political gain then he didn't personally collude. Well, now he's admitted to that too, with this Ukraine scandal.

He has admitted to soliciting personal political favours from the Ukrainian president, and in his admision it shows that he leveraged foreign policy for his own gain. That makes it even worse than what's been alleged with his collusion with Russia.

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:00 pm

Not as entertaining as it sounded. It first sounded like a private computer system

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:24 pm

aggi wrote:Not as entertaining as it sounded. It first sounded like a private computer system

That's pretty entertaining. It's an attempt at a cover up. But i see now why it tickled you.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:32 pm

Also, Aggi, the section immediately prior to what you posted is quite amazing. If true it is clear evidence of awareness of wrongdoing.
Also, this implies there's a word-for-word transcript. You've got to wonder why that's not been released.

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:46 pm

I'm sure the lawyers were aware this was a bad thing if it got out. I'm not sure if Trump appreciates what the issue is. I suspect he's of the view that this is a fair use of his power.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:11 pm

aggi wrote:I'm sure the lawyers were aware this was a bad thing if it got out. I'm not sure if Trump appreciates what the issue is. I suspect he's of the view that this is a fair use of his power.

Indeed there are four lawyers apparently in deep **** over it.

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3766 times
Has Liked: 7554 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:32 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Indeed there are four lawyers apparently in deep **** over it.

But on the really important stuff going on just now, Murray is serving 5-4 down in the final set.
;)

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:07 pm

I wonder if Trump has considered releasing a nuclear bomb to make this storm go away?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:36 pm

Trump's scared. Here's a tweet that he's since deleted.

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3766 times
Has Liked: 7554 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:46 pm

Uq0qTRQ.jpg
Uq0qTRQ.jpg (70.9 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
It's the Peachy Blinders!
8-)
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Walton
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Post by Walton » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:01 pm

Plenty of Republicans realising how bad this is

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:36 pm

Walton wrote:Plenty of Republicans realising how bad this is
Trump's even suggested that back in the good old days the whistleblower would have been killed.

I'm starting to think that given how obviously Trump is trying to tie Mike Pence to this that the Republicans might seriously consider potting Trump in a deal with the Dems if they promise not to go after Pence.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:01 pm

At least this all isn't as bad as Obama's worst scandal.

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status ... 41153?s=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:18 am

If Trump escapes justice, USA will be led to Nazism.
The new Mr Hilter, as Monty Python might say.

UK is not far behind. The Euro business really does need sorting properly (not improperly).

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 698 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:00 am

Hello you just got a love this guy, screw prim an proper ;)