Trump's Impeachment

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Re: Trump's Impeachment

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:46 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:The polls are already moving ominously against the Dems. Once we get Hunter and Biden testifying in public they'll wish they'd never opened this can if worms.
I assume you're FOR Brexit as well as blind?

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:50 pm

FCBurnley wrote:I don’t answer hypothetical questions. It is a waste of valuable time. You seem to be getting very frustrated at any lack of proof. When you have actual proof come back and I will happily discuss it with you.Good night.
How about now.....post Sondland testimony? You may need to take your head out of the sand!

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:58 pm

FCBurnley wrote:You really are sinking to new depths. Here are the facts. Trump asked Ukraine to investigate Biden as stated in the transcript. He did not threaten to withdraw military aid aka quid pro quo. You conveniently forget this key fact in your ‘proof’. Biden however bragged on video that he threatened to withdraw military aid unless the prosecutor who was looking into Hunter Biden’s corruption was fired. Biden’s actions were 100% corrupt and you know it. End of conversation. But hey you continue to waste your life looking for non existent proof of Trumps quid pro quo. I have better things to do with my life than argue about your fantasies. So you just carry on with your threats and insults and I will continue to rise above them
What are you smoking?

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:37 pm

It's over, Trump will walk away easily, Sondland just admitted it was all presumption.
They might as well close it down now.
This user liked this post: Uwe Noble

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 pm

Has anyone checked on Turtles heed ?

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:46 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:It's over, Trump will walk away easily, Sondland just admitted it was all presumption.
They might as well close it down now.
semantics, had he said it was his professional opinion.........

It's all irrelevant anyway, Trump could, as he once said, go and shoot someone in the street and he would still be backed by the Retardlicans - so no matter what he ever does he will never be impeached

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:15 pm

Rep Mike Turner: "Mr. Sondland, let's be clear: no one on this planet—not Donald Trump, Rudy Guiliani, Mick Mulvaney, Mike Pompeo—no one told you aid was tied to political investigations, is that correct."

Gordon Sondland: "That's correct."

Game over.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:41 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:Rep Mike Turner: "Mr. Sondland, let's be clear: no one on this planet—not Donald Trump, Rudy Guiliani, Mick Mulvaney, Mike Pompeo—no one told you aid was tied to political investigations, is that correct."

Gordon Sondland: "That's correct."

Game over.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you think that's how it works then here's another :lol:

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:46 pm

Vegas Claret wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you think that's how it works then here's another :lol:

It's exactly how it works, you can't impeach anybody with presumption, let alone as character as slippery as Trump.

Sondland looked like a cornered rat, he had to admit he presumed it all, unless there's better proof to come then this guy has given Trump his way out.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:05 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:It's exactly how it works, you can't impeach anybody with presumption, let alone as character as slippery as Trump.

Sondland looked like a cornered rat, he had to admit he presumed it all, unless there's better proof to come then this guy has given Trump his way out.
Trump has a way out regardless, the Republicans control the senate and Mitch McConnell is a complete ****

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:33 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:Trump has a way out regardless, the Republicans control the senate and Mitch McConnell is a complete ****
“Ambassador Sondland Completely Exonerates President Trump of Any Wrongdoing.”

President Donald J. Trump said, “I want nothing. I want no Quid Pro Quo. I want Zelensky to do the right thing.” Ambassador Gordon Sondland testified to this in his deposition and repeatedly affirmed it today. That should be the only takeaway from today’s sham hearing, and it was stated under oath by the only person in these hearings who has ever spoken directly to President Trump."

Unless there's a smoking gun then that's a very disappointing attempt at impeachment.

He admitted nobody told him that was the policy and he also admitted it was normal to withold funds, he also said the only time Trump had explicitly stated anything at all to him was to tell he wanted nothing in return.
I was hoping tthis would take Trump down but it can't now as it stands.

Also, I know perfectly well the numbers in the senate, if he'd have said or written "withold the funds until they investigate Burisma" then there's a chance he would have to resign if public opinion went (very) far against him, it would certainly cost him votes next year. He would then have been pardoned by the next guy anyway.

Just before it unravelled it was looking like Guiliani would have to take the fall for it which would have been interesting but there's no need for that now, if Sondland was their bolt then they shot it and missed today.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:44 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:“Ambassador Sondland Completely Exonerates President Trump of Any Wrongdoing.”

President Donald J. Trump said, “I want nothing. I want no Quid Pro Quo. I want Zelensky to do the right thing.” Ambassador Gordon Sondland testified to this in his deposition and repeatedly affirmed it today. That should be the only takeaway from today’s sham hearing, and it was stated under oath by the only person in these hearings who has ever spoken directly to President Trump."

Unless there's a smoking gun then that's a very disappointing attempt at impeachment.

He admitted nobody told him that was the policy and he also admitted it was normal to withold funds, he also said the only time Trump had explicitly stated anything at all to him was to tell he wanted nothing in return.
I was hoping tthis would take Trump down but it can't now as it stands.

Also, I know perfectly well the numbers in the senate, if he'd have said or written "withold the funds until they investigate Burisma" then there's a chance he would have to resign if public opinion went (very) far against him, it would certainly cost him votes next year. He would then have been pardoned by the next guy anyway.

Just before it unravelled it was looking like Guiliani would have to take the fall for it which would have been interesting but there's no need for that now, if Sondland was their bolt then they shot it and missed today.

wow you don't pick your facts much do you

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:59 pm

Stefanik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qZ0hsNwPnY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:09 pm

Mike Turner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HaI0fVyFYg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:51 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:Mike Turner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HaI0fVyFYg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
just that I'm clear, you are ignoring the fact that trump said there was no QPQ and only released the money after the whistle blower came to light and you don't think that is suspect despite every single professional interviewed saying so.............ok
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:08 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:just that I'm clear, you are ignoring the fact that trump said there was no QPQ and only released the money after the whistle blower came to light and you don't think that is suspect despite every single professional interviewed saying so.............ok
It's called innocent until PROVED guilty. I commend it to you.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:48 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:It's called innocent until PROVED guilty. I commend it to you.
you evidently have ZERO knowledge of the current state of US politics, his guilt is irrelevant, facts will be completely ignored - he's above the law end of story. If there was a shred of evidence of his innocence it would have been produced as all the Republicans are doing is saying it's a sham and a waste of time, it's 100% in their interest to put an end to it yet they don't because they can't. The "it's up to the Democrats to prove his guilt" is also a nonsense argument at this stage of the hearings because of the previous statement. Fiona Hill and Holmes absolutely owned their ass from start to finish today, to the point that the GOP wouldn't even ask her questions because they knew she had an answer for everything.

But other than all that.........

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:03 am

Vegas Claret wrote:you evidently have ZERO knowledge of the current state of US politics, his guilt is irrelevant, facts will be completely ignored - he's above the law end of story. If there was a shred of evidence of his innocence it would have been produced as all the Republicans are doing is saying it's a sham and a waste of time, it's 100% in their interest to put an end to it yet they don't because they can't. The "it's up to the Democrats to prove his guilt" is also a nonsense argument at this stage of the hearings because of the previous statement. Fiona Hill and Holmes absolutely owned their ass from start to finish today, to the point that the GOP wouldn't even ask her questions because they knew she had an answer for everything.

So where's the proof?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:08 am

Uwe Noble wrote:It's called innocent until PROVED guilty. I commend it to you.
Jimmy Savile was never found guilty of any crime

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:12 am

Vegas Claret wrote:you evidently have ZERO knowledge of the current state of US politics, his guilt is irrelevant, facts will be completely ignored - he's above the law end of story. If there was a shred of evidence of his innocence it would have been produced as all the Republicans are doing is saying it's a sham and a waste of time, it's 100% in their interest to put an end to it yet they don't because they can't. The "it's up to the Democrats to prove his guilt" is also a nonsense argument at this stage of the hearings because of the previous statement. Fiona Hill and Holmes absolutely owned their ass from start to finish today, to the point that the GOP wouldn't even ask her questions because they knew she had an answer for everything.

Why do you keep banging on about the same thing as though nobody else knows it? that Trump won't be impeached by a Republican senate, we know that. We ALL know that.

Oh, is it 100% in Republican's interest to put an end to it but they can't? Wow, what stunning insight, did you come to that conclusion on your own?

I would love to see Trump impeached on evidence that he witheld aid until a domestic Political opponent was smeared but at the moment there is no hard evidence, only testimonies.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:13 am

Spijed wrote:Jimmy Savile was never found guilty of any crime
and was impeached as President of the United States?

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:25 am

Vegas Claret wrote:you evidently have ZERO knowledge of the current state of US politics, his guilt is irrelevant, facts will be completely ignored - he's above the law end of story.
This is where you prove yourself to have even LESS THAN ZERO knowledge of the current state of US politics. Guilt and facts will be ignored by the Republican senate but, if the evidence is overwhelming (which it isn't) then the American public will not re-elect him for a second term, that's the objective.

Unfortunately, so far, there isn't a single shred of evidence connecting him to what he is being accused of, only accusations and testimonies, not enough for him to be found guilty of HCAM in office and even if the senate were controlled by the Democrats and he was impeached he would be pardoned by the next Republican President but yet again, we all know this.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:25 am

Not the best week for Donnie.
Impeachment moves forward.
Other World leaders openly mock him.
North Korea continue to take the ****.

How much can one poor old man take.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Re: Trump's Corruption

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:50 am

ClaretMoffitt wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:31 am
Has he been impeached yet?
Yes
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:28 am

It’ll all be for nothing ultimately.

However it’ll be eating Donnie up inside knowing he’ll be forever tainted by it.
Shame for him.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:05 pm

The snippet I heard on the radio this morning reminded me of our "Cry in a minute, he's gonna cry in a minute."

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:41 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:50 am
Yes
oh good

so that'll mean he's no longer president now, and this whole expensive parade actually achieved something, right?

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:07 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:41 pm
oh good

so that'll mean he's no longer president now, and this whole expensive parade actually achieved something, right?
The Dems are taking a big risk,and these actions could come back to bite them on the behind in the 2020 campaign,what this will do is harden the bases on both sides,it's split mainly on party lines as you'd expect,but Trump's numbers are edging upwards.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... KBN1YN2LH

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/ ... ular.html

If the economy holds strong Trump could yet serve a 2nd term.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:16 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:07 pm
The Dems are taking a big risk,and these actions could come back to bite them on the behind in the 2020 campaign,what this will do is harden the bases on both sides,it's split mainly on party lines as you'd expect,but Trump's numbers are edging upwards.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... KBN1YN2LH

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/ ... ular.html

If the economy holds strong Trump could yet serve a 2nd term.
Its a sad way of viewing politics and even sadder that this is creeping into our politics more and more. A US political analyst sums it up well for me

"The impeachment vote highlighted a major difference btwn the parties. One side (GOP) marches in lockstep with Trump out of fear of losing their seats. The other side (Dems) had dozens of Members in Trump districts who voted for impeachment knowing it could cost them their seat."